Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 140
  1. #76
    Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    767
    ^So, why when I post on another thread I had no issues? And why does my pic show up and then disappear? I don't get it. I just won't post any other pics as I use imgur with no issues before that is why I think it is very odd. I'm trying to understand is all. I only use imgur and had no problems before. I'll just leave now. Sorry for inquiring. I am just upset at how this all turned out.

  2. #77
    Cenosillicaphobiac
    Plan B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:30 PM
    Location
    Under a bridge
    Posts
    4,751
    ^
    You can upload from your own PC, no probs. Prolly the easiest way and doesn't require going through 3rd party websites.

  3. #78
    Thailand Expat AntRobertson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    36,922
    Oh hey look another failed flounce.

    Cycle #2,987 begins...


  4. #79
    Thailand Expat
    Klondyke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:00 PM
    Posts
    6,953
    Perhaps a little hope herewith?

    Maryland lawmakers applaud CDC’s decision to reopen Fort Detrick facility
    Wednesday, April 1, 2020 by Dave Kovaleski
    © U.S. Army

    U.S. Army Medical Research Institute of Infectious Diseases at Fort Detrick

    Federal lawmakers in Maryland commended the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) for its move to return the U.S. Army Medical Research Institute of Infectious Diseases (USAMRIID) at Fort Detrick to full operational capacity.

    The USAMRIID will now resume conducting its full scope of research on infectious diseases.

    The facility has served as the Department of Defense (DoD)’s lead laboratory for medical biological defense research. Research conducted at USAMRIID leads to therapeutics, vaccines, diagnostics, and information that benefit both military personnel and civilians.

    Last summer, USAMRIID was shut down by the federal government as CDC inspectors identified several deviations in the institute’s Standard Operating Procedures that are designed to safeguard laboratory workers. Subsequently, the CDC served USAMRIID with a cease and desist order after finding that the institute did not have “sufficient systems in place to decontaminate wastewater,” according to the CDC’s statement.

    The facility partially reopened in November.

    “USAMRIID conducts vital research on the spread and containment of infectious diseases. As we continue to battle the coronavirus outbreak, ensuring their ability to work at full capacity is more important now than ever. We fought hard to restore funding withheld from USAMRIID by the Defense Department and to ensure they had the resources necessary to receive CDC approval and get back up to full operational status. We will continue working to support USAMRIID’s crucial mission,” U.S. Sen. Chris Van Hollen (D-MD) said of the reopening.

    Sen. Ben Cardin (D-MD), along with U.S. Reps. David Trone (D-MD) and Jamie Raskin (D-MD) also applauded the CDC decision to return the facility to full operational capacity.

    “The capabilities of USAMRIID are unique, and their work has long supported our national security and public health. During the current COVID-19 outbreak, it is a relief to have USAMRIID fully operational, and it should quickly receive the funding and resources needed to tackle COVID-19 and other threats to our nation,” Cardin said.

    Maryland lawmakers applaud CDC’s decision to reopen Fort Detrick facility - Homeland Preparedness News

  5. #80
    Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    767
    Quote Originally Posted by Plan B View Post
    ^
    You can upload from your own PC, no probs. Prolly the easiest way and doesn't require going through 3rd party websites.
    Ya, then the pics are small, but its ok. I never had a problem before with imgur, just on this thread for some reason.



    A Little Hope in the World-img_5359-jpg


    Niece hard at work.

    A Little Hope in the World-img_5356-1-jpg

  6. #81
    Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    767
    Quote Originally Posted by Klondyke View Post
    Perhaps a little hope herewith?

    Maryland lawmakers applaud CDC’s decision to reopen Fort Detrick facility
    Wednesday, April 1, 2020 by Dave Kovaleski
    © U.S. Army

    U.S. Army Medical Research Institute of Infectious Diseases at Fort Detrick

    Federal lawmakers in Maryland commended the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) for its move to return the U.S. Army Medical Research Institute of Infectious Diseases (USAMRIID) at Fort Detrick to full operational capacity.

    The USAMRIID will now resume conducting its full scope of research on infectious diseases.

    The facility has served as the Department of Defense (DoD)’s lead laboratory for medical biological defense research. Research conducted at USAMRIID leads to therapeutics, vaccines, diagnostics, and information that benefit both military personnel and civilians.

    Last summer, USAMRIID was shut down by the federal government as CDC inspectors identified several deviations in the institute’s Standard Operating Procedures that are designed to safeguard laboratory workers. Subsequently, the CDC served USAMRIID with a cease and desist order after finding that the institute did not have “sufficient systems in place to decontaminate wastewater,” according to the CDC’s statement.

    The facility partially reopened in November.

    “USAMRIID conducts vital research on the spread and containment of infectious diseases. As we continue to battle the coronavirus outbreak, ensuring their ability to work at full capacity is more important now than ever. We fought hard to restore funding withheld from USAMRIID by the Defense Department and to ensure they had the resources necessary to receive CDC approval and get back up to full operational status. We will continue working to support USAMRIID’s crucial mission,” U.S. Sen. Chris Van Hollen (D-MD) said of the reopening.

    Sen. Ben Cardin (D-MD), along with U.S. Reps. David Trone (D-MD) and Jamie Raskin (D-MD) also applauded the CDC decision to return the facility to full operational capacity.

    “The capabilities of USAMRIID are unique, and their work has long supported our national security and public health. During the current COVID-19 outbreak, it is a relief to have USAMRIID fully operational, and it should quickly receive the funding and resources needed to tackle COVID-19 and other threats to our nation,” Cardin said.

    Maryland lawmakers applaud CDC’s decision to reopen Fort Detrick facility - Homeland Preparedness News
    That's great stuff, Klondyke!

  7. #82
    Cenosillicaphobiac
    Plan B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:30 PM
    Location
    Under a bridge
    Posts
    4,751
    Quote Originally Posted by MarilynMonroe View Post
    Ya, then the pics are small, but its ok. I never had a problem before with imgur, just on this thread for some reason.
    Before you hit the post button, double click on the pics, an option box will appear where you can chose the size.

  8. #83
    Cenosillicaphobiac
    Plan B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:30 PM
    Location
    Under a bridge
    Posts
    4,751
    A Little Hope in the World-img_5359-jpg

  9. #84
    Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    767
    Quote Originally Posted by Plan B View Post
    Before you hit the post button, double click on the pics, an option box will appear where you can chose the size.
    Thank you , kindly dear.

  10. #85
    Thailand Expat David48atTD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Palace Far from Worries
    Posts
    10,541
    Quote Originally Posted by MarilynMonroe View Post
    IT was there, I saw it and then it changed again... someone is fucking around cause that is the weirdest thing i have ever seen. Anyway, I won't post anyore pics if that is what happens.
    MM, it works like this. you upload an image with a fairly common extension, say 05.jpg.

    It appears on your screen and every thing looks correct.
    My understanding is that the Forum backs itself up to the server about 10, maybe 15 mins later and, for some unknown reason, here after named 'the glitch', it reverts to another members image also named 05.jpg.

    MM
    ... NO-ONE IS TRYING TO FUCK WITH YOU

    I feel sorry for Luigi. He had a really cute .gif of his daughter and it suddenly started all over the Forum, in some inappropriate places.

    Ditto, JC's Whisky and interior shot of his car ... all popping up in the weirdest of places.


    In your source, maybe rename them TD as part of the file name. TD05.jpg or MM05.jpg
    “Someone is sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago”

  11. #86
    Thailand Expat David48atTD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Palace Far from Worries
    Posts
    10,541
    This one you named ... little-hope-world-img_5356-1-jpg most likely won't change because it has a unique name.

    But I could be wrong as SWIMBO is never afraid to remind me


  12. #87
    Thailand Expat
    aging one's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:10 PM
    Posts
    18,280
    Wow kindergarten class.

  13. #88
    Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    767
    Quote Originally Posted by David48atTD View Post
    MM, it works like this. you upload an image with a fairly common extension, say 05.jpg.

    It appears on your screen and every thing looks correct.
    My understanding is that the Forum backs itself up to the server about 10, maybe 15 mins later and, for some unknown reason, here after named 'the glitch', it reverts to another members image also named 05.jpg.

    MM
    ... NO-ONE IS TRYING TO FUCK WITH YOU

    I feel sorry for Luigi. He had a really cute .gif of his daughter and it suddenly started all over the Forum, in some inappropriate places.

    Ditto, JC's Whisky and interior shot of his car ... all popping up in the weirdest of places.


    In your source, maybe rename them TD as part of the file name. TD05.jpg or MM05.jpg
    Thanks for explaining as I was totally baffled.

  14. #89
    Custom user Neverna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Behind a rhododendron bush
    Posts
    18,929
    Quote Originally Posted by MarilynMonroe View Post
    I just feel sad, the rainbow gave me hope, but no one can see it you can't say I didn't try. Not my fault or problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by MarilynMonroe View Post
    Right now I'm talking about the pic /s of the rainbow that me and my niece did. .
    You still have the original(s) so you should still have "hope".

    There is no point in you getting upset just because you might not have given other TD members "hope" from a picture you have of a rainbow. It was a picture of a rainbow. There are plenty of those on the interwebs and even some in real life. Let it go.
    Nev has style

  15. #90
    Thailand Expat
    aging one's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:10 PM
    Posts
    18,280
    Nev, she is drunk, its 540 in the morning where she is...

  16. #91
    Thailand Expat
    Klondyke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:00 PM
    Posts
    6,953
    Quote Originally Posted by MarilynMonroe View Post
    That's great stuff, Klondyke!
    (Thanks for the flowers. It's really great when considered that just few months the Fort Detrick was shut down...)


    Research into deadly viruses and biological weapons at US army lab shut down over fears they could escape
    Tuesday 6 August 2019

    Fort Detrick researchers banned from working with anthrax, Ebola and smallpox until procedures improved

    America’s main biological warfare lab has been ordered to stop all research into the deadliest viruses and pathogens over fears contaminated waste could leak out of the facility.

    Fort Detrick, in Maryland, has been the epicentre of the US Army’s bioweapons research since the beginning of the Cold War.

    But last month the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) – the government’s public health body – stripped the base of its license to handle highly restricted “select agents”, which includes Ebola, smallpox and anthrax.

    The unusual move follows an inspection by the CDC at Fort Detrick which found several problems with new procedures used to decontaminate waste water.

    For years the facility used a steam sterilisation plant to treat waste water, but after a storm flooded and ruined that machinery last year, Fort Detrick switched to a new chemical-based decontamination system.

    But the CDC inspectors found the new procedures were not sufficient, with both mechanical failures causing leaks and researchers failing to properly follow the rules.

    As a result, the organisation sent a “cease and desist” order to Fort Detrick, forcing it to suspend all research on select agents.

    Although the United States officially abandoned its biological weapons programme in 1969, Fort Detrick has continued defensive research into deadly pathogens on the list of “select agents”, including the Ebola virus, the organisms that cause the plague, and the highly toxic poison ricin.

    The army’s Medical Research Institute of Infectious Diseases, based at Fort Detrick, says its primary mission today is to “protect the warfighter from biological threats” but its scientists also investigate outbreaks of disease among civilians and other threats to public health.

    In recent years it has been involved in testing possible vaccines for Ebola, after several epidemics of the deadly virus in Africa.

    A spokeswoman for the lab, Caree Vander Linden, said despite the CDC suspension order, there had not been any threat to public health or any leaks of hazardous material outside the base.

    The shutdown of research at Fort Detrick is likely to last several months, she also told the New York Times.

    This is not the first time the lab has been temporarily shut down due to failures in handling the dangerous pathogens inside.

    In 2009, research at Fort Detrick was suspended because it was discovered it was storing pathogens which were not listed on its inventory.

    The regulations on keeping close track of hazardous biological material were tightened after the 2001 anthrax attacks, which saw five people die after spores were posted to several media newsrooms and Democratic senators.

    The FBI’s chief suspect in the 2001 case, Bruce Ivins, was a senior biological weapons researcher at Fort Detrick. He killed himself in 2008, shortly before the FBI was planning to charge him with the attacks.

    Research into deadly viruses and biological weapons at US army lab shut down over fears they could escape | The Independent

  17. #92
    Thailand Expat TheRealKW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    2,244
    Quote Originally Posted by MarilynMonroe View Post
    I don't always agree, sometimes people need to be put in their place, whether they like it not, that's the way I roll. Maybe its not a good way to roll, but I don't put up with shit in real life and I sure won't start on a forum where people can be rude behind a keyboard.



    Twit.

  18. #93
    Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    767
    ^^That is so fantabulous!!! I hope that means a quick vaccine or fix or something of the sort.

    Post any positive news or happening from Covid-19 on this thread if you please. I hate turning the tv on now, it is so bleak mostly.

  19. #94
    Thailand Expat TheRealKW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    2,244
    Quote Originally Posted by MarilynMonroe View Post
    why you are now responding to everything I post like I'm a child.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    Quote Originally Posted by MarilynMonroe View Post
    I am a very good person and wanted to put this thread on as hope,
    I feel hope now.

  20. #95
    Thailand Expat David48atTD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Palace Far from Worries
    Posts
    10,541
    Quote Originally Posted by MarilynMonroe View Post
    ^^That is so fantabulous!!! I hope that means a quick vaccine or fix or something of the sort.

    Post any positive news or happening from Covid-19 on this thread if you please. I hate turning the tv on now, it is so bleak mostly.
    There is NO quick fix.

    Vaccines are being developed BUT ... there are usually multiple test phases before release to the general public.

    No-one wants another thalidomide catastrophe again.


    Best current guess is 12 - 18 months before a proven, safe vaccine is available to the great unwashed.

    The TV News is bleak because thousands are dying from the virus.

    Just saying like.

  21. #96
    Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    767
    Yup but there is still positive news in some form, David. And KW look back in your history of how negative on every post I have ever made on this forum.


    Positive news


    Encouraging Outlook—In Taiwan, Singapore And South Korea Life Is Continuing Without Lockdowns


    Relative normality is the key point here. Since the outbreak of COVID-19 the world has changed, and likely will be an uncertain place for the foreseeable future.
    How people live their lives has adapted as a result, and Taiwan, South Korea and Singapore are the most prominent examples of regions where life is continuing with relative normality in comparison to the mass lockdowns seen elsewhere around the world.

    Taiwan was particularly hard-hit after the SARS outbreak in 2003 and similarly to other regions in Asia, including Hong Kong, Taiwan has been quick to introduce social distancing measures.
    These measures have meant that Taiwan has had less than 200 cases of COVID-19 and just 2 deaths, despite the first case being recorded in January.
    Most schools and businesses have remained open through cautious practices that have meant, internally at least, disruption has been minimal.

    Encouraging Outlook—In Taiwan, Singapore And South Korea Life Is Continuing Without Lockdowns

    -And I have a few good friends in Korea who were sitting at an Italian restaurant today , in which I replied, I'm so jealous that you are out eating in a restaurant.. but good news for them.

  22. #97
    Thailand Expat AntRobertson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    36,922
    Quote Originally Posted by MarilynMonroe
    I am a very good person
    Are you though. I mean really. Maybe you're actually a bit of a shitty person.

    What sort of good person needs to try to convince they're a good person after all.

  23. #98
    Thailand Expat David48atTD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Palace Far from Worries
    Posts
    10,541
    ^ From an hour ago ... Singapore to close schools, most workplaces in stricter measures against COVID-19

    Singapore will close schools and most workplaces except for essential services like supermarkets and banks for one month, Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong says, as part of stricter measures to stop the spread of the coronavirus.

    While the city has won international praise for its efforts to stem the spread of the virus, its infections have been rising sharply in recent weeks, to 1114 on Friday, and five people have died.

    Coronavirus: Singapore to close schools, most workplaces in stricter COVID-19 measures

    ---

    WHO accused of suppressing information about Taiwan's coronavirus prevention measures

    WHO accused of suppressing information about Taiwan's coronavirus prevention measures - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)


  24. #99
    Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    767
    Well wahtever, there is positive somewhere if you look hard enough, goodnight.

  25. #100
    Thailand Expat David48atTD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Palace Far from Worries
    Posts
    10,541
    FFS ... James AsquithContributor
    Travel
    I write about all things travel, from air miles hacks to hidden gems.

    Founder and CEO of Holiday Swap

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •