Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 50
  1. #1
    Thailand Expat
    Simon43's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:12 PM
    Location
    Luang Prabang
    Posts
    2,935

    Stupid vegans.....

    Nope, not a personal swipe at vegans, but simply a clickbait headline to go and read this very interesting article from the BBC, where research seems to indicate that vegans have lower intelligence levels than those who eat meat.

    How a vegan diet could affect your intelligence - BBC Future

  2. #2
    Thailand Expat David48atTD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Palace Far from Worries
    Posts
    10,781
    Sam Neill (Mr Jurassic Park)

    From 13 years ago ...



    From 10 years ago, and a bit more fun ...

  3. #3
    Thailand Expat jabir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    10,955
    Are they allowed to finger one section of the population as inferior to others, in the UK!?

  4. #4
    Thailand Expat
    Headworx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Jomtien
    Posts
    4,605
    It's a world gone mad. I've recently seen tv advertising from both McDonalds and Burger King showing their burgers made from vegetables. If you want vegetables go to a vegan restaraunt and leave meat lovers in peace, it's not like we got to some fucking tofu shop and expect to be able to order steak!. There's vegan ice cream advertised now too, WTAF?

  5. #5
    Thailand Expat
    Takeovers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:57 AM
    Location
    Berlin Germany
    Posts
    6,027
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon43 View Post
    research seems to indicate that vegans have lower intelligence levels than those who eat meat.
    Seems just logical. Why else would they be vegans? I mean we need to consider cause and effect. Not necessarily being vegan causes low intelligence, I suggest it is the other way around.

    That said, limiting meat consumption is not a bad thing. Also the vegan fad produces non meat products that become almost edible. Keep on it. We are going to Mars and meat will be rare and expensive to produce there.
    "don't attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by incompetence"

  6. #6
    Thailand Expat
    Dragonfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Last Online
    02-07-2020 @ 12:04 AM
    Posts
    14,655
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon43 View Post
    Nope, not a personal swipe at vegans, but simply a clickbait headline to go and read this very interesting article from the BBC, where research seems to indicate that vegans have lower intelligence levels than those who eat meat.

    How a vegan diet could affect your intelligence - BBC Future
    perfectly logical, vegans are herbivores, meat eaters are predators

    guess who is smarter in the wild?

    vegans are food for marketing and social engineering

  7. #7
    Thailand Expat jabir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    10,955
    Quote Originally Posted by Takeovers View Post
    Seems just logical. Why else would they be vegans? I mean we need to consider cause and effect. Not necessarily being vegan causes low intelligence, I suggest it is the other way around.

    That said, limiting meat consumption is not a bad thing. Also the vegan fad produces non meat products that become almost edible. Keep on it. We are going to Mars and meat will be rare and expensive to produce there.
    I go with your reverse theory, if that's ok with the pc mob.

  8. #8
    Thailand Expat raycarey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    14,278
    Quote Originally Posted by Headworx View Post
    I've recently seen tv advertising from both McDonalds and Burger King showing their burgers made from vegetables. If you want vegetables go to a vegan restaraunt and leave meat lovers in peace
    people often eat at restaurants in groups (including families), and sometimes one or more members of the group has dietary restrictions. burger king and mcdonalds decided they wanted those groups to consider their restaurants. FWIW, both corporations have seen an increase in customers and profits since offering those products.

    and just out of curiosity....how are the people ordering these products disturbing your peace?


    Quote Originally Posted by Headworx View Post
    There's vegan ice cream advertised now too

    gasp!


    someone should alert the authorities.

  9. #9
    Thailand Expat
    Chico's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:49 AM
    Location
    I'm Dead
    Posts
    5,521
    Veganism is a fad and most of them are not even aware how there foods are being produced.

  10. #10
    Thailand Expat
    happynz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:52 AM
    Location
    on the corner of dusty and dustier
    Posts
    9,809
    Dietary guidelines followed by Hindus over centuries is a fad? Huh...

  11. #11
    Thailand Expat David48atTD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Palace Far from Worries
    Posts
    10,781
    Quote Originally Posted by raycarey View Post
    people often eat at restaurants in groups (including families), and sometimes one or more members of the group has dietary restrictions. burger king and mcdonalds decided they wanted those groups to consider their restaurants.
    Ray, what about KFC.

    Have you tried their vegetarian options?

    Looks OK. Would you share this with your Family?


  12. #12
    Thailand Expat
    Chico's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:49 AM
    Location
    I'm Dead
    Posts
    5,521
    No I'm referring to western idiots jumping on the bandwagon, oh thanks for the red. I take it your a seventh day adventist.


    Quote Originally Posted by happynz View Post
    Dietary guidelines followed by Hindus over centuries is a fad? Huh...

  13. #13
    Thailand Expat raycarey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    14,278
    Quote Originally Posted by David48atTD View Post
    Would you share this with your Family?
    wouldn't be opposed.

    would you share it with your girlfriend and her kids?

  14. #14
    Thailand Expat
    Mandaloopy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Last Online
    02-07-2020 @ 07:05 AM
    Location
    ᠮᠣᠩᠭᠣᠯ ᠤᠯᠤᠰ
    Posts
    2,499
    I expect first graders to whinge about vegetables, not adults. Some great vegan food out there and it is an option on our school menu, usually better than the fatty gristle fest of a meat option

  15. #15
    Thailand Expat David48atTD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Palace Far from Worries
    Posts
    10,781
    Quote Originally Posted by raycarey View Post
    wouldn't be opposed.

    would you share it with your girlfriend and her kids?
    Ray, it's our kids, but an easy mistake to make.

    The kids might try them, but they are usually all for Chicken nuggets.


    Ray, would your kids eat them?

  16. #16
    Thailand Expat
    NamPikToot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    11,333
    65 million years of natural selection suggests nature put meat eaters at the top; teachers, millenials and snowflakes trying to undo it.

  17. #17
    Thailand Expat
    NamPikToot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    11,333
    Actually the legals in the UK have decided that vegans are protected species now.

  18. #18
    Thailand Expat
    NamPikToot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    11,333
    Slow day in the doggie porn industry i see.

  19. #19
    Thailand Expat
    Chico's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:49 AM
    Location
    I'm Dead
    Posts
    5,521
    Just the fairy trying to grab the most boring poster award from Cyrille the squirt.

  20. #20
    Hangin' Around cyrille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    19,997
    Quote Originally Posted by Chico View Post
    Just the fairy trying to grab the most boring poster award from Cyrille the squirt.
    His post was just on topic and too hard for you to understand.

    Squealing 'boring!' like you're in English class but would rather be in the playground says nothing about anyone except you.

  21. #21
    Hangin' Around cyrille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    19,997
    Quote Originally Posted by Chico View Post
    Veganism is a fad


    Quote Originally Posted by happynz View Post
    Dietary guidelines followed by Hindus over centuries is a fad? Huh...
    Guess that was too 'boring' for you to respond to in a manner that suggested a scintilla of thought, eh?


  22. #22
    Thailand Expat terry57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Last Online
    17-06-2020 @ 11:04 AM
    Posts
    26,730
    Vegans are fanatical faggots whose only redeeming feature is they hated by most of the world's population.

  23. #23
    Thailand Expat David48atTD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Palace Far from Worries
    Posts
    10,781
    Quote Originally Posted by lom View Post
    Ouch! Say it isn't so..
    Fair cop!

    Too late to buy an 'r'

    ---

    As an aside, are you and Nev related?

    https://teakdoor.com/the-dog-house/1...ml#post4051792

  24. #24
    Hansum Man! panama hat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:02 AM
    Location
    Way, Way South of the border now - thank God!
    Posts
    22,286
    I can't see why vegans not eating meat bothers some people . . . it's like smokers being bothered by people who don't smoke

  25. #25
    Thailand Expat
    Chico's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:49 AM
    Location
    I'm Dead
    Posts
    5,521
    Would of thought Mr Consultant of everything would know the answer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •