Results 1 to 22 of 22
  1. #1
    RIP
    Propagator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Last Online
    08-09-2010 @ 02:48 PM
    Location
    Runcorn, Cheshire, UK formerly Epsom Surrey.
    Posts
    3,366

    Another attempted non smoker.

    I finished me last 50g of Duty Free Golden Virginia this morning at 8 am, and as I am not going to pay the UK asking price of 11 quid for any more,then the smoking has to stop.

    Have smoked all me life and gave it up once for about 6 weeks but drifted back on to the smokes again.

    So this going cold turkey aint easy. Its been about 8 hours now and I'm dying for a smoke. The mouths dry, keep on reaching to where I used to put me baccy. Got rid of all the ashtrays etc this morning so know that there are no temptations in the house. The little devil on me shoulder keeps on telling me to get into the car and go and get some baccy but have resisted so far.

    I aint climbing the wall yet, but fcuking hell this is hard. Any tips from you lot that have succeeded in kicking the habit. ?

  2. #2
    punk douche bag
    ChiangMai noon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    o dan y bryn
    Posts
    29,256
    ^
    read that book that slimboy sent me.
    for whatever reason it works.

    i have gone from 40 a day to bugger all.

    it's rather nice not to pay to suffocate yourself.

    do you want the book?

  3. #3
    Fag an bealac!
    flash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Last Online
    03-09-2017 @ 06:32 PM
    Location
    53 00 N, 8 00 W
    Posts
    2,343
    Whats it called? Is it the one that tells you to smoke at certain times?

  4. #4
    Part time poster
    slimboyfat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:32 AM
    Location
    Singapore / Kanchanaburi
    Posts
    9,390
    no its the one that tells you dont even have one cigarette.

    The easy way to quit smoking or something like that

    its worth having a read of it again later on if you find yourself getting bored of being a non-smoker (as someone said the other day - trying to talk yourself into becoming a smoker again)

  5. #5
    punk douche bag
    ChiangMai noon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    o dan y bryn
    Posts
    29,256
    ^
    I hope you haven't cracked slimboy.
    you were my inspiration.

  6. #6
    This is not my avatar
    NickA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    11,204
    I'm not a smoker, but has anyone ever worked out how to give up masturbation?

  7. #7
    Part time poster
    slimboyfat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:32 AM
    Location
    Singapore / Kanchanaburi
    Posts
    9,390
    ^^ no i haven't cracked. must be coming on for 2 months now.

  8. #8
    punk douche bag
    ChiangMai noon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    o dan y bryn
    Posts
    29,256
    ^
    that's really good news.

    seriously.

  9. #9
    RIP
    Propagator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Last Online
    08-09-2010 @ 02:48 PM
    Location
    Runcorn, Cheshire, UK formerly Epsom Surrey.
    Posts
    3,366
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiangMai noon
    do you want the book?
    Info please

  10. #10
    Part time poster
    slimboyfat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:32 AM
    Location
    Singapore / Kanchanaburi
    Posts
    9,390
    its an e book

    if you say yes then someone sends it to you if you provide an email address

  11. #11
    RIP
    Propagator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Last Online
    08-09-2010 @ 02:48 PM
    Location
    Runcorn, Cheshire, UK formerly Epsom Surrey.
    Posts
    3,366
    Thanks SBF - where do I get it?

    Trouble is that I am snacking at everything. Lump of cheese, pork pie, tomatoes etc, then when have had that want a ciggy - its a vicious circle.

  12. #12
    Part time poster
    slimboyfat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:32 AM
    Location
    Singapore / Kanchanaburi
    Posts
    9,390
    Quote Originally Posted by Propagator View Post
    Thanks SBF - where do I get it?

    Trouble is that I am snacking at everything. Lump of cheese, pork pie, tomatoes etc, then when have had that want a ciggy - its a vicious circle.
    if you pm me your email address i will send it to you

  13. #13
    This is not my avatar
    NickA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    11,204
    Quote Originally Posted by Propagator
    tomatoes etc,
    Have you tried tomaco ?

  14. #14
    Thailand Expat AntRobertson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    34,956
    Quote Originally Posted by Propagator
    I finished me last 50g of Duty Free Golden Virginia this morning at 8 am, and as I am not going to pay the UK asking price of 11 quid for any more,then the smoking has to stop.
    Good luck mate, wish you all the best!

  15. #15
    RIP
    Propagator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Last Online
    08-09-2010 @ 02:48 PM
    Location
    Runcorn, Cheshire, UK formerly Epsom Surrey.
    Posts
    3,366
    Quote Originally Posted by NickA
    Have you tried tomaco ?
    Had to google that to find out what it was (2 c's by the way) Unfortunately my gut will look like Homer's soon.

    SBF PM on the way.

  16. #16
    RIP
    Propagator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Last Online
    08-09-2010 @ 02:48 PM
    Location
    Runcorn, Cheshire, UK formerly Epsom Surrey.
    Posts
    3,366
    Hello Lady Hawke, see you lurking here, how are you?

  17. #17
    RIP
    blackgang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Last Online
    08-07-2010 @ 08:33 PM
    Location
    Phetchabun city
    Posts
    15,471
    I was living in Oregon when smokes went up to 27 cents a pak, bought some makings and papers and a new rolling machine and a plastic cig box so i could still smoke ready rolls at work and did that for awhile and eventually went back to buying them at 27 cents a pak, last time I quit in the USA was 1999 when the state and fed tax brought cigs up to $4.50 a pak, I bought from an Indian res. supply company some Canadian Indian Seneca cigs for $12 a carton, 5 cartons per order, had 2 packs on me when I got on a plane to live in Thailand.
    seems like you quit because of the price, then you forget about it in a little and are back on em, same as when Gas goes up, do not drive so much and soon it is back to the same old shit,, creatures of habit????

  18. #18
    RIP
    Propagator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Last Online
    08-09-2010 @ 02:48 PM
    Location
    Runcorn, Cheshire, UK formerly Epsom Surrey.
    Posts
    3,366
    Update - got through the 1st 24 hours. The craving went off a bit yesterday evening. Back this morning with a vengence, always have enjoyed the ciggy after me breakfast. Off to work soon so that I hope will take me mind off it.

  19. #19
    Fag an bealac!
    flash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Last Online
    03-09-2017 @ 06:32 PM
    Location
    53 00 N, 8 00 W
    Posts
    2,343
    Thanks SBF, got the email. gonna give it a read on monday.

  20. #20
    Thailand Expat
    astasinim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Last Online
    21-07-2019 @ 04:40 PM
    Location
    Yorkshire
    Posts
    4,067
    Good luck with stopping smoking, i hope stick it out and save the cash.
    I Couldnt just go cold turkey like that. Ive gone from 20-30 per day, down to about 10.
    Again, all the best

  21. #21
    Thailand Expat
    DrAndy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Last Online
    25-03-2014 @ 05:29 PM
    Location
    yes
    Posts
    32,028
    Quote Originally Posted by blackgang View Post
    I was living in Oregon when smokes went up to 27 cents a pak, bought some makings and papers and a new rolling machine and a plastic cig box so i could still smoke ready rolls at work and did that for awhile and eventually went back to buying them at 27 cents a pak, last time I quit in the USA was 1999 when the state and fed tax brought cigs up to $4.50 a pak, I bought from an Indian res. supply company some Canadian Indian Seneca cigs for $12 a carton, 5 cartons per order, had 2 packs on me when I got on a plane to live in Thailand.
    seems like you quit because of the price, then you forget about it in a little and are back on em, same as when Gas goes up, do not drive so much and soon it is back to the same old shit,, creatures of habit????

    If you give up because of the price, that is not really a strong incentive

    Give up because they make your health worse; you may not die but you will suffer various smoking related diseases

    Give up because they make you stink

    Give up because they make you dirty

  22. #22
    Thailand Expat
    DrAndy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Last Online
    25-03-2014 @ 05:29 PM
    Location
    yes
    Posts
    32,028
    Quote Originally Posted by Propagator View Post
    Update - got through the 1st 24 hours. The craving went off a bit yesterday evening. Back this morning with a vengence, always have enjoyed the ciggy after me breakfast. Off to work soon so that I hope will take me mind off it.

    The physical craving soon goes away- it is the mental craving that always stays with you, and why so many people get back on the habit

    even now, many years on, I fancy a smoke when I have a coffee etc, or when I am with someone who smokes who offers me one

    I think the reason many ex-smokers are so antismoking is because of this long term craving; it helps
    I have reported your post

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •