Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 46 of 46
  1. #26
    Hangin' Around cyrille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    20,886
    ^^The service aint great, I'll give you that.

  2. #27
    Hangin' Around cyrille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    20,886
    Nimman isn't a bad idea actually...good atmosphere, fine uni totty and enough venues for you to have a choice.

    It's spelt something ridiculous like 'nihaeaman'.

  3. #28
    Thailand Expat
    barrylad66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:14 PM
    Location
    ยังอยู่ที่นี่
    Posts
    1,353
    ^ agreed. Every cusuine possible but just dodge the chinks
    ^^^

  4. #29
    Thailand Expat
    crackerjack101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:07 PM
    Posts
    5,563
    McC is looking good.......................

    Shakes head in despair.........................



  5. #30
    Thailand Expat harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    69,201
    Quote Originally Posted by cyrille View Post
    Nimman isn't a bad idea actually...good atmosphere, fine uni totty and enough venues for you to have a choice.

    It's spelt something ridiculous like 'nihaeaman'.
    Nimmanhaemin.

    Just get an Uber to Maya and start at the place opposite.

  6. #31
    Not a Mod.
    Begbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Lagrangian Point
    Posts
    11,367
    Start at Maya.

    Sausage King restaurant does a fine selection which I thnk may include pies. You’d need a guide to find it though.

  7. #32
    Thailand Expat
    snakeeyes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    pattaya
    Posts
    8,195
    Some good tasting hairy pies in Loi Kroh road ,

  8. #33
    Thailand Expat
    crackerjack101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:07 PM
    Posts
    5,563
    So, to end the thread I ended up at the Red Lion.
    With a pint of the black stuff, a brief interchange with 2 remarkably self opinionated American brethren and another pinr I finally got stuck into the Steak and Kidney pie with mash and vege.

    Not bad.

    The vege were pathetic, small portion and badly boiled. 3/10
    The mash was ok. 5/10

    The pie wasn't bad at all. Good meat and gravy and the pastry was ok. 7/10

    The Guinness wasn't the best but acceptable 7.5/10

    The unfortunate company.................... 2/10 ( Quote, I wrote a book. I know everything. I'm great. And on and on and on..............

    all in all not too bad.

    pip pip
    42

  9. #34
    Thailand Expat harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    69,201
    Quote Originally Posted by crackerjack101 View Post
    So, to end the thread I ended up at the Red Lion.
    With a pint of the black stuff, a brief interchange with 2 remarkably self opinionated American brethren and another pinr I finally got stuck into the Steak and Kidney pie with mash and vege.

    Not bad.

    The vege were pathetic, small portion and badly boiled. 3/10
    The mash was ok. 5/10

    The pie wasn't bad at all. Good meat and gravy and the pastry was ok. 7/10

    The Guinness wasn't the best but acceptable 7.5/10

    The unfortunate company.................... 2/10 ( Quote, I wrote a book. I know everything. I'm great. And on and on and on..............

    all in all not too bad.

    pip pip

    Maybe they was them "Digital gonads".

  10. #35
    R.I.P.
    DrB0b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD
    Posts
    17,152
    Quote Originally Posted by snakeeyes View Post
    Some good tasting hairy pies in Loi Kroh road ,
    All well past both their sell by and use by date.

    crackerjack101 - UN Irish pub is fine - not perfect but good enough, I thought you'd eaten there before. Cyrille clearly has some issue with them.

  11. #36
    I am in Jail
    stroller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Last Online
    12-03-2019 @ 09:53 AM
    Location
    out of range
    Posts
    23,057
    Is there anything or anybody she doesn't have an issue with?

  12. #37
    R.I.P.
    DrB0b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD
    Posts
    17,152
    Quote Originally Posted by stroller View Post
    Is there anything or anybody she doesn't have an issue with?
    Dunno, but Cyrille lives in CNX so something is going on there. UN Irish is not 3 star Michelin (a set not famed for their pies, pithiviers maybe) but to describe it the way he did something personal has to be going on. I don't know the owners but I've been there more than a few times, you've been there too, they provide perfectly adequate scran. Someone has pissed Cyrille off.
    The Above Post May Contain Strong Language, Flashing Lights, or Violent Scenes.

  13. #38
    Days Work Done! Norton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:39 PM
    Location
    Roiet
    Posts
    31,128
    We had a TD meet up years ago there. I thought the food and service was fine. Not Michelin 5 star but a good selection of decent grub.

  14. #39
    Hangin' Around cyrille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    20,886
    Nothing 'personal' going on. I've eaten there twice. Both times the food was poor. Once I ordered a steak and kidney pie. It arrived with a spoon and fork and was crap.

    The bar service of drinks was cheerful enough. The food service was hopeless.

    Feel free to disagree, people with a different opinion to mine do not make me suspicious of their motives.

  15. #40
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Last Online
    13-01-2019 @ 05:13 PM
    Posts
    1,698
    How could anyone eat kidneys or liver, disgusting anywhere.

  16. #41
    I am in Jail

    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Last Online
    13-09-2019 @ 09:14 AM
    Location
    Wherever the wind takes me
    Posts
    1,730
    Quote Originally Posted by crackerjack101 View Post
    The unfortunate company.................... 2/10 ( Quote, I wrote a book. I know everything. I'm great. And on and on and on..............
    lol.. well ya know.. some of the farang you meet.... (speaking from experience)
    Stick to the locals, sometimes not as bad.

    Hope you are feeling better by the way!

  17. #42
    Thailand Expat Airportwo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:35 PM
    Location
    Flat Earth
    Posts
    3,878
    Quote Originally Posted by Thai3 View Post
    How could anyone eat kidneys or liver, disgusting anywhere.
    Nothing wrong with eating either liver or kidneys, delicious & very good for you! There is one very important caveat, the beast has to have been fed naturally, grass not grains for beef etc.
    Given that we have pretty much destroyed the food chain with greed, money more important than providing nutrition, 'offal" best to avoid!

  18. #43
    Thailand Expat harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    69,201
    Quote Originally Posted by Thai3 View Post
    How could anyone eat kidneys or liver, disgusting anywhere.
    Oooh you're joking.

    Steak and Kidney Pie
    Liver and Onions.

    Fucking delicious.


  19. #44
    Thailand Expat harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    69,201
    Quote Originally Posted by DrB0b View Post
    Dunno, but Cyrille lives in CNX so something is going on there. UN Irish is not 3 star Michelin (a set not famed for their pies, pithiviers maybe) but to describe it the way he did something personal has to be going on. I don't know the owners but I've been there more than a few times, you've been there too, they provide perfectly adequate scran. Someone has pissed Cyrille off.
    It's changed hands a couple of times. Someone bought it out and fucked it up, then the original owners bought it back.

  20. #45
    I am in Jail
    stroller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Last Online
    12-03-2019 @ 09:53 AM
    Location
    out of range
    Posts
    23,057
    ^
    That explains it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrB0b View Post
    you've been there too, they provide perfectly adequate scran.
    Was there 10 years ago, 't was fine then.

  21. #46
    Thailand Expat
    katie23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    PI
    Posts
    4,696
    So did CJ get his pies?

    He could always fly to Pattaya to taste the world famous LT pies.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •