Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 57
  1. #1
    Thailand Expat
    Bower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    17-06-2019 @ 06:40 PM
    Location
    South coast UK
    Posts
    3,016

    Hospitality in Bangkok

    Do we still have any members than run bars/pubs in Bangkok?
    Have three evenings there next weekend, I have lost track of which bars are worth a visit, still open ....

    Beer and decent grub top of my priorities.

  2. #2
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Last Online
    28-11-2019 @ 11:41 PM
    Location
    I'm Dead
    Posts
    4,583
    Bower which part of BKK you staying.?

    When was your last trip here,? BKK changes constantly.

  3. #3
    Thailand Expat cyrille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:19 AM
    Posts
    17,614
    That's presumably why he's asking where the best places to go are...

  4. #4
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Last Online
    28-11-2019 @ 11:41 PM
    Location
    I'm Dead
    Posts
    4,583
    Yes Cyrille your correct,possibly I should of asked which part he was hoping to stay.

  5. #5
    Thailand Expat
    snakeeyes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    pattaya
    Posts
    7,768

  6. #6
    Thailand Expat
    hallelujah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:38 PM
    Posts
    3,336
    Quote Originally Posted by Bower View Post
    Do we still have any members than run bars/pubs in Bangkok?
    Have three evenings there next weekend, I have lost track of which bars are worth a visit, still open ....

    Beer and decent grub top of my priorities.
    You're going to a city like Bangkok and need to post on a forum beforehand to ask if there are any decent boozers?!?!?

    Just stay at home. You won't be missed.

  7. #7
    Thailand Expat
    Bower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    17-06-2019 @ 06:40 PM
    Location
    South coast UK
    Posts
    3,016
    Quote Originally Posted by snakeeyes View Post
    I thought the Pickled Liver was no more , thank you.
    Last edited by Bower; 24-10-2016 at 01:37 AM.

  8. #8
    Thailand Expat
    Bower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    17-06-2019 @ 06:40 PM
    Location
    South coast UK
    Posts
    3,016
    Quote Originally Posted by Chico View Post
    Bower which part of BKK you staying.?

    When was your last trip here,? BKK changes constantly.
    I am staying in the Landmark, have passed through BKK on layovers but not really spent anytime there for a couple of years.
    Also wondered about The Fresh Prince was his Nik ??

  9. #9
    Thailand Expat
    Bower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    17-06-2019 @ 06:40 PM
    Location
    South coast UK
    Posts
    3,016
    Quote Originally Posted by hallelujah View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bower View Post
    Do we still have any members than run bars/pubs in Bangkok?
    Have three evenings there next weekend, I have lost track of which bars are worth a visit, still open ....

    Beer and decent grub top of my priorities.
    You're going to a city like Bangkok and need to post on a forum beforehand to ask if there are any decent boozers?!?!?

    Just stay at home. You won't be missed.
    Let me explain, I don't usually bother responding to unhelpful posts but here I will make an exception.
    I own a pub here in the UK, many members have made the effort to visit my place, made themselves known and we have shared a few beers together.
    There were one or two members of this forum that ran or owned bars in Bangkok, if it's ok with you, I would like to reciprocate. If it's not ok with you, smartarse, do the other thing...

  10. #10
    Being chased by sloths DJ Pat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Last Online
    06-10-2018 @ 05:27 PM
    Posts
    18,781
    I used to play football for Pickled Liver, Woodstock & British Club

    Wasn't that impressed with facilities at Woodstck or BC, but Pickled Liver used to be a fun place

  11. #11
    Thailand Expat
    hallelujah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:38 PM
    Posts
    3,336
    Quote Originally Posted by Bower View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hallelujah View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bower View Post
    Do we still have any members than run bars/pubs in Bangkok?
    Have three evenings there next weekend, I have lost track of which bars are worth a visit, still open ....

    Beer and decent grub top of my priorities.
    You're going to a city like Bangkok and need to post on a forum beforehand to ask if there are any decent boozers?!?!?

    Just stay at home. You won't be missed.
    Let me explain, I don't usually bother responding to unhelpful posts but here I will make an exception.
    I own a pub here in the UK, many members have made the effort to visit my place, made themselves known and we have shared a few beers together.
    There were one or two members of this forum that ran or owned bars in Bangkok, if it's ok with you, I would like to reciprocate. If it's not ok with you, smartarse, do the other thing...
    It gets better. You own a pub at home and need the advice of some random customers, who might post on a forum, on how to get pissed in Bangkok?

    Your pub must be brilliant with a fun guy like you around.

  12. #12
    Thailand Expat
    hallelujah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:38 PM
    Posts
    3,336
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Pat View Post
    I used to play football for Pickled Liver, Woodstock & British Club

    Wasn't that impressed with facilities at Woodstck or BC, but Pickled Liver used to be a fun place
    I used to play football at the British Club and the facilities were much better than any other British Club I've bčen in.

  13. #13
    Being chased by sloths DJ Pat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Last Online
    06-10-2018 @ 05:27 PM
    Posts
    18,781
    ^In terms of clientele and surroundings, yes it's a cut above. But boring as hell.
    After training each tuesday we were given vouchers to spend at the bar. Usually just enough for a burger and chips or pint

  14. #14
    Thailand Expat
    hallelujah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:38 PM
    Posts
    3,336
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Pat View Post
    ^In terms of clientele and surroundings, yes it's a cut above. But boring as hell.
    After training each tuesday we were given vouchers to spend at the bar. Usually just enough for a burger and chips or pint
    So, despite you slating the facilities in your first post, it turns out you were more than happy with the facilities but dismayed by the unwillingness of your hosts to pay for a free night out.


  15. #15
    Being chased by sloths DJ Pat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Last Online
    06-10-2018 @ 05:27 PM
    Posts
    18,781
    ^Yes, as I scored two goals in 2 seasons playing for them
    Bit of appreciation would be nice.

  16. #16
    Thailand Expat
    snakeeyes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    pattaya
    Posts
    7,768
    Quote Originally Posted by Bower View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chico View Post
    Bower which part of BKK you staying.?

    When was your last trip here,? BKK changes constantly.
    I am staying in the Landmark, have passed through BKK on layovers but not really spent anytime there for a couple of years.
    Also wondered about The Fresh Prince was his Nik ??
    The Huntsman bar down stairs in the Landmark is great a Filipino band every night great singers .

  17. #17
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Last Online
    28-11-2019 @ 11:41 PM
    Location
    I'm Dead
    Posts
    4,583
    Any Flipper ladies.?

  18. #18
    Thailand Expat
    wasabi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Last Online
    28-10-2019 @ 03:54 AM
    Location
    England
    Posts
    10,958
    The Fresh Prince, he runs a bar in the Holiday Inn, but Aging One could give you more details.

  19. #19
    Thailand Expat
    hallelujah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:38 PM
    Posts
    3,336
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Pat View Post
    ^Yes, as I scored two goals in 2 seasons playing for them
    Bit of appreciation would be nice.
    Right. Glad that's cleared up then, Pat.


    I only trained with them on Tuesdays. Did you play on the pitches at Patanai Int School? There were some good teams in that league and some tough players too.

  20. #20
    Thailand Expat
    can123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Last Online
    19-11-2019 @ 12:23 AM
    Posts
    5,416
    Quote Originally Posted by snakeeyes
    The Huntsman bar down stairs in the Landmark is great a Filipino band every night great singers .
    It doesn't have "Flipper" minstrels but nothing in Bangkok comes close to the welcoming ambience of the Nana Hotel and other establishments may be safely ignored. The Landmark is very expensive and the street outside is riddled with prostitutes.

  21. #21
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Last Online
    28-11-2019 @ 11:41 PM
    Location
    I'm Dead
    Posts
    4,583
    Can
    Try the Grace Hotel,the next time your in town,should Imagine better suited to such a fashionable cool man as yourself.

  22. #22
    Thailand Expat David48atTD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Palace Far from Worries
    Posts
    9,261
    Quote Originally Posted by snakeeyes View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bower View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chico View Post
    Bower which part of BKK you staying.?

    When was your last trip here,? BKK changes constantly.
    I am staying in the Landmark, have passed through BKK on layovers but not really spent anytime there for a couple of years.
    Also wondered about The Fresh Prince was his Nik ??
    The Huntsman bar down stairs in the Landmark is great a Filipino band every night great singers .
    Just check that they still play there. I've enjoyed a lot in the past.

    No flippers in the Bar that I've noticed, a fair passing trade of Thai freelancers.

    Used to be 2 for 1 pricing before 9pm.


    Have drunk at the Pickled Liver and enjoyed it.

    The CrossBar Pub is also enjoyable.

    Here is a map link to help ... https://www.google.com.au/search?biw...1&rlfi=hd:;si:


    Not a bar in its own right, but more a collection of stalls and restaurants set around a laidback courtyard, W District at Phrakanong BTS has emerged as one of the most popular expat drinking spots since it opened in 2014

    #4 on this list ... 10 Expat Bars and Pubs in Bangkok - Bangkok Magazine


    Come back and tell us your experiences ... add to the knowledge.

    .

    “Someone is sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago”

    .

  23. #23
    Your local I.Q. Monitor
    Hugh Cow's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:54 AM
    Location
    Qld/Bangkok
    Posts
    2,375
    Quote Originally Posted by Bower View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chico View Post
    Bower which part of BKK you staying.?

    When was your last trip here,? BKK changes constantly.
    I am staying in the Landmark, have passed through BKK on layovers but not really spent anytime there for a couple of years.
    Also wondered about The Fresh Prince was his Nik ??
    Straight across Sukhumvit from the Landmark is Check in 99. It has a bar and a small mezzanine for dining. Plus a four girl singing group. They are great singers and its a good place to relax with a drink and listen to the music. It's now owned by an Australian guy who is quite convivial. I have been there many times and always enjoy it.

  24. #24
    Being chased by sloths DJ Pat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Last Online
    06-10-2018 @ 05:27 PM
    Posts
    18,781
    Quote Originally Posted by hallelujah View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Pat View Post
    ^Yes, as I scored two goals in 2 seasons playing for them
    Bit of appreciation would be nice.
    Right. Glad that's cleared up then, Pat.


    I only trained with them on Tuesdays. Did you play on the pitches at Patanai Int School? There were some good teams in that league and some tough players too.

    Yeah every week. The Scans were a bunch of bruisers, Japs were the worst, cheats, divers, referee chasers. French were pretty pathetic, I used to really put in some crunching tackles (fouls) on those pansies


    British club were quite shit. Bkk Patana school team were unsurprisingly the worst. One of my two goals came against them when we beat them 13-0

  25. #25
    disturbance in the Turnip baldrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:29 AM
    Location
    Heidleberg
    Posts
    21,794
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Cow
    Check in 99
    has moved - https://www.google.mg/maps/place/Che...BeIQ_BIIlwEwDg

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •