Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 32
  1. #1
    I am in Jail
    Mr Earl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Last Online
    19-03-2019 @ 07:37 AM
    Location
    In the Jungle of Love
    Posts
    14,778

    7.6 million dead, every year!

    5 million die from respiratory ailments associated with air polution.

    Another 2.6 million die in motor vehicle accidents.

    This is every single year, and you hardly hear a peep about it from the big media.

    How is it we humans can tolerate this modern attrocity?

    Cancer rates among young people is up 40% over the last 16 years.
    Modern life is killing our children: Cancer rate in young people up 40 per cent in 16 years[at]

    No one talks about the road kill carnage either, all the doggies and kitties slaughtered on the highway.

    Or how about all the bees killed when these clowns go spraying mosquitoes, countless millions, I reckon.

    I had a nice little colony of the tiny black native honeybee living in a doorjam who disapeared after a spraying by the locals.

    Some think it's crazy to think about these things. They want to discuss climate change.

    I say there are urgent issues that need addressing that are in our faces 24/7 which aren't being discussed, both health and environmental.

    Would it really be so awfull if people rode bicycles instead racing around in petrol burning contraptions?

    Would it be so awfull if the food supply was based more around local community gardening? (Eating fresh foods contributes to good health)

  2. #2
    Thailand Expat
    can123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Last Online
    19-11-2019 @ 12:23 AM
    Posts
    5,416
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Earl
    Or how about all the bees killed when these clowns go spraying mosquitoes, countless millions, I reckon.
    We have three bee hives in our yard now but unfortunately the bad UK weather over an extended period reduced this number from the original five. Conservation is all common sense and, sadly, legislation is not always in the best interests of nature.

    A simple example -

    It is illegal to pick wild flowers in the UK. We ignore this law. I have a very large garden and we had a huge crop of foxgloves. We took the seeds and planted them not only in our garden but also on the hillside above me. We took foxgloves from the hillside and successfully transplanted them into our garden. We repeated the seeding process and the foxgloves flourish.

    We have done a similar thing with wild orchids. Once they were very rare and one was lucky to see one within five miles of our house. It is no exaggeration to say that this year we had two hundred of these beautiful plants within a hundred yards of our kitchen. We do the same with heather, and cultivate the garden and hillside at the same time.

    One can only help the environment by adopting a holistic approach and the indiscriminate use of poison is to be deplored.

    At various times we have jays, sparrows, thrushes, bullfinches, blue tits, pigeons, robins, starlings, magpies, crows, woodpeckers, and from time to time we have a pair of herons who use my very big Norway Spruce as a lookout.

    We also have frogs, grass snakes, hedgehogs, crested newts and foxes. We have twenty seven trees which I planted myself and two which nature gave us.

    We do our bit and get very angry when idiots hurt nature.

  3. #3
    Thailand Expat
    Latindancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:45 AM
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    11,996
    Oh fuck....Thanks for the heads-up. I just remembered that our apartment block is being sprayed for termites and silverfish in a couple of weeks, and there is a colony of tiny native bees in the base of the tree out back.

    I'm going to put a sign on it before they come, with a really DIRE warning...

  4. #4
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    15,837
    The world would be a sadder place on many levels if the bees dies out.
    Seriously.
    We do need to try to save the bees.

  5. #5
    I am in Jail
    Mr Earl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Last Online
    19-03-2019 @ 07:37 AM
    Location
    In the Jungle of Love
    Posts
    14,778
    Quote Originally Posted by Maanaam View Post
    The world would be a sadder place on many levels if the bees dies out.
    Seriously.
    We do need to try to save the bees.
    Indeed bees are essential to our existence.

    https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...bees-important

    Seems to me the wrong people are running the planet.

  6. #6
    Thailand Expat VocalNeal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 02:44 PM
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    11,338
    In the "good ole days" of the 1800's we would have been lucky to survive infancy.

    The world is a big place and 7.5 million although it seems a big number is only about 0.01% of the population, which has doubled since the 1960. The problem is human breeding.

    Bees on the other-hand are an important issue. But Monsanto doesn't want them to interfere with their quest for control of the world's food supply by pollinating natural plants.
    Better to think inside the pub, than outside the box?
    I apologize if any offence was caused. unless it was intended.
    You people, you think I know feck nothing; I tell you: I know feck all
    Those who cannot change their mind, cannot change anything.

  7. #7
    ENT
    ENT is offline
    god
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Bangladesh
    Posts
    28,220
    Any species of life dying out is a loss to life.

    We will all lose out if another one of us dies out, irreplaceably.

  8. #8
    ENT
    ENT is offline
    god
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Bangladesh
    Posts
    28,220
    Quote Originally Posted by Latindancer View Post
    Oh fuck....Thanks for the heads-up. I just remembered that our apartment block is being sprayed for termites and silverfish in a couple of weeks, and there is a colony of tiny native bees in the base of the tree out back.

    I'm going to put a sign on it before they come, with a really DIRE warning...
    You still got that "tree"?

    It was a flowering shrub when you were a 2 yr old, eh!

    Nice patch of dirt up on the hill though.

  9. #9
    I am in Jail
    Mr Earl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Last Online
    19-03-2019 @ 07:37 AM
    Location
    In the Jungle of Love
    Posts
    14,778
    Quote Originally Posted by VocalNeal View Post
    In the "good ole days" of the 1800's we would have been lucky to survive infancy.

    The world is a big place and 7.5 million although it seems a big number is only about 0.01% of the population, which has doubled since the 1960. The problem is human breeding.

    Bees on the other-hand are an important issue. But Monsanto doesn't want them to interfere with their quest for control of the world's food supply by pollinating natural plants.
    The problem isn't really that there are too many people, it is that a very few people, feel the need to consume the lions share of the planet's resources, and justified in the destruction of the environment in doing so.

    There would be plenty of food and resources to go around with a very managable 8 food crop rotation, and the propogation of renewable industry like hemp and bamboo.
    Beef, dairy, fishing industries toned down to a sustainable level.

    Giant global corporations like Monsanto, Ajinomoto should no longer be allowed to own governments outright, and compeled to support local eco-friendly industry.
    A dramatic global cultural shift must be encouraged, away from profit and greed being the prime movers of society.
    Such possibities currently exist with the advent of social media on the internet.

    Sadly we are slowly seeing the internet freedom being systematically eroded by governments around the world.

    The last bastion of internet freedom, the USA, is about to end as Obama prepares to give control of the internet to the United Nations, which is just another arm of the global corporate cartels and banking syndicates.

  10. #10
    Neo
    Neo is offline
    Dislocated Member
    Neo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Online
    27-11-2019 @ 09:19 PM
    Location
    Nebuchadnezzar
    Posts
    10,578
    7.6 Million a year.!! Makes Hitler seem quite restrained in comparison.

  11. #11
    Thailand Expat VocalNeal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 02:44 PM
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    11,338
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Earl
    The problem isn't really that there are too many people
    Well there are less jobs? So if there were less people?

    We don't need automation and robots and overproduction.

    But we do live in a world were want is more important than need. Probably always been that way?

  12. #12
    I am in Jail
    Mr Earl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Last Online
    19-03-2019 @ 07:37 AM
    Location
    In the Jungle of Love
    Posts
    14,778
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    7.6 Million a year.!! Makes Hitler seem quite restrained in comparison.
    Indeed, Hitler, Stalin, Mao, Polpot where results of industrial complex greed and demonized generally around the world.

    What we are seeing now is deliberate obfucating the reality of the damage being done to the planet by the petro-dollar economies.

    It is being done on several levels, getting people hooked on the modern comforts, and outright mind control and brainwashing though the media and corporate sponsored education.

    It has evolved into such a fine art that anyone who strays from the golden path of desire and accumulation is considered mentaly unstable and a threat to society.

    But the real truth is the current trend of corporate globalization is what's threatening the environment and the sustainabilty of humanity.

  13. #13
    I am in Jail
    Mr Earl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Last Online
    19-03-2019 @ 07:37 AM
    Location
    In the Jungle of Love
    Posts
    14,778
    Quote Originally Posted by VocalNeal View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Earl
    The problem isn't really that there are too many people
    Well there are less jobs? So if there were less people?

    We don't need automation and robots and overproduction.

    But we do live in a world were want is more important than need. Probably always been that way?
    There would be more jobs if the notions of economy of scale were abandonned and viewed as poison to society.
    Economy of scale is essentially a John D Rockefeller invention and gave birth to the petro-dollar industries which are destroying the planet.
    This economic fallacy needs to be seen for what it is, the root cause of the greedy petro economic disaster ruining the planet.

    What needs to transpire are smaller economic models producing sustainable non poluting products from hemp, cotton, bamboo. Society has to disengage the dependance on petro products and associated financial shenanigans with the monetary systems around the world.
    Food production on local levels should naturaly be emphasized.

    Gandhi, John Lennon and numerous others had the right ideas, which was why they were murdered.

    Sure enough there is a man made environmental crisis facing the planet, but it is not climate change.
    It is the unbridled petro economies of scale founded by John D Rockeller.

  14. #14
    Thailand Expat
    Latindancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:45 AM
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    11,996
    Quote Originally Posted by ENT View Post

    You still got that "tree"?

    Nice patch of dirt up on the hill though.
    What the hell are you babbling about, ENT ?

  15. #15
    POTUS HOCUS
    david44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Online
    12-10-2019 @ 11:14 AM
    Location
    Inner Wrongholia
    Posts
    13,668
    The Duke of Edinburgh a tad higher than the Duke of newkybrown and the stones suggest 500 millionis the sustainable level for the planet so perhaps a world of just 400 million Americans an Irish band and 100 million Latinas Flippas and Thais to service them , sadly I am redundant and am part of the problem as I am incresingly drive rather than cycle a combo of creaking knees and doubled traffic in our boomboom town
    Last edited by david44; 05-09-2016 at 05:14 PM.
    I used to have a job at a calendar factory.
    I got the sack because
    I took a couple of days off.

  16. #16
    Thailand Expat
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    18,030
    Quote Originally Posted by Maanaam View Post
    The world would be a sadder place on many levels if the bees dies out.
    Seriously.
    We do need to try to save the bees.

    Yet, as a collective species, we don't seem to understand the dire importance.
    [the bees - a fragment of an example]

    Some subsets of our species don't connect with much at all.

  17. #17
    Thailand Expat
    Iceman123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Online
    07-09-2019 @ 03:57 PM
    Location
    South Australia
    Posts
    3,454
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Earl View Post
    There would be more jobs if the notions of economy of scale were abandonned and viewed as poison to society.
    Economy of scale is essentially a John D Rockefeller invention and gave birth to the petro-dollar industries which are destroying the planet.
    This economic fallacy needs to be seen for what it is, the root cause of the greedy petro economic disaster ruining the planet.

    What needs to transpire are smaller economic models producing sustainable non poluting products from hemp, cotton, bamboo. Society has to disengage the dependance on petro products and associated financial shenanigans with the monetary systems around the world.
    Food production on local levels should naturaly be emphasized.

    Gandhi, John Lennon and numerous others had the right ideas, which was why they were murdered.

    Sure enough there is a man made environmental crisis facing the planet, but it is not climate change.
    It is the unbridled petro economies of scale founded by John D Rockeller.
    If I could be bothered reading your boring diatribes, I am sure that they would confirm tha indeed you know everything.

    In the meantime why not get a job as a hairdresser or a taxi driver. This will ensure a captive audience for your endless drivel.

  18. #18
    Thailand Expat
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    18,030
    Nature finds a way of ridding itself from the evil.....

  19. #19
    I am in Jail
    Mr Earl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Last Online
    19-03-2019 @ 07:37 AM
    Location
    In the Jungle of Love
    Posts
    14,778

    Wink

    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman123 View Post

    If I could be bothered reading your boring diatribes, I am sure that they would confirm tha indeed you know everything.

    In the meantime why not get a job as a hairdresser or a taxi driver. This will ensure a captive audience for your endless drivel.
    Hey, a great many people have their heads up their asses, so don't ya go feel excluded.
    Youze be in very good company with the gabazillions of ignorant boobs destroying the planet.
    Congratulation booby!

    Maybe sometime in your life you will wake up. Highly unlikely me thinks, seeing how people like you
    Congenitaly incapable of independant thoughtful inquiry.

    But don't ya go feeling bad now, because there are billiions of minded imbeciles to keep ya company.



  20. #20
    Thailand Expat
    raycarey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    13,238
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Earl
    John Lennon and numerous others had the right ideas, which was why they were murdered.
    jesus wept. your really are something else, earl.

    anyway....

    how many "petrol burning contraptions" have you owned over the last ten years, earl?
    how many kilometers have you traveled in "petrol burning contraptions" over the last ten years, earl?

    do i remember correctly that you started a thread about a long motorcycle journey in north america? why didn't you ride a bicycle? eh, earl?

    you dope.




    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Earl
    The last bastion of internet freedom, the USA, is about to end as Obama prepares to give control of the internet to the United Nations, which is just another arm of the global corporate cartels and banking syndicates.

  21. #21
    I am in Jail
    Mr Earl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Last Online
    19-03-2019 @ 07:37 AM
    Location
    In the Jungle of Love
    Posts
    14,778
    ^ Ah Ray, ever the optimist of the human condition.

    I supose it has never occured to you that some of us humans do change, grow and evolve.

    Maybe there's still hope for ya since you're still breathing.

    I encourage you to exit your intrinsic little rut of hateful myopia and share the joy of the world.
    Rejoice in life, ride a bicycle, be happy don't worry.

    Being an asshole for the rest of you isn't really required... (I could be wrong, but hey there's hope and spare change for bums like you!)

    You really do not have to be a muttering self important asshole the rest your life.
    There is time for a change.
    Grasp it, seize the day. Rejoice, even with all the bugs up your ass...


  22. #22
    Thailand Expat
    raycarey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    13,238
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Earl
    a muttering self important asshole
    tell us all about it, earl.


    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Earl
    I had a nice little colony of the tiny black native honeybee living in a doorjam who disapeared after a spraying by the locals.

    Some think it's crazy to think about these things. They want to discuss climate change.

    I say there are urgent issues that need addressing that are in our faces 24/7 which aren't being discussed

  23. #23
    I am in Jail
    Mr Earl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Last Online
    19-03-2019 @ 07:37 AM
    Location
    In the Jungle of Love
    Posts
    14,778
    So you don't like bees Ray! Not so surprising you fail to understand the importance of even some of the smallest creatures of our complex eco systems.

    Perhaps you care to highlight more of your ignorance, but that's hardly necessary isn't it!

  24. #24
    Thailand Expat
    wasabi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Last Online
    28-10-2019 @ 03:54 AM
    Location
    England
    Posts
    10,958
    7.7 million dead, that's good news for the funeral businesses, it's not a dying business as its grown into a huge industry.

  25. #25
    Thailand Expat
    billy the kid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Online
    19-11-2016 @ 07:57 PM
    Posts
    7,639
    Quote Originally Posted by VocalNeal
    Bees on the other-hand are an important issue. But Monsanto doesn't want them to interfere with their quest for control of the world's food supply by pollinating natural plants.
    Don't know who was responsible for killing of mosquitoes due to Zika virus in south Florida but they also wiped out the Bee population.
    No warning given. many colonies lost.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •