Page 38 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2830313233343536373839 LastLast
Results 926 to 950 of 956
  1. #926
    Thailand Expat Dillinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    33,048
    Quote Originally Posted by JPPR2 View Post
    Why buy a module and use it at low settings
    To save gas and the planet?

  2. #927
    CCBW JPPR2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    7,228
    Quote Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
    To save gas and the planet?
    Good point. This module does not make the truck puke out black smoke like some do. "They" say the module actually increases gas mileage but that means you have to keep your foot out of it...... Not likely

  3. #928
    Thailand Expat lom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:05 PM
    Location
    Trapped in an old mans body
    Posts
    9,815
    Quote Originally Posted by JPPR2 View Post
    Why buy a module and use it at low settings.
    Why buy a shit tuning module at all?
    It can not monitor your exhaust gas temperature, it can not get you more air into the cylinders.
    It can only open the injectors for a longer spray time and fuck up your fuel/air ratio.

    There are real engine tuners and there are module peddlers.
    May the bridges I burn light my way

    There is no plan for no deal because we're going to get a great deal - Boris Johnson in HoC 11 July 2017

  4. #929
    Thailand Expat
    kmart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Online
    25-10-2020 @ 06:48 AM
    Location
    Rayong.
    Posts
    11,512
    First shopping splurge for eons at the weekend. Necessary, as work shirts especially were starting to look like a moth's buffet. I never buy clothes online, as the fit varies from style-brand too much.
    Anyway, got a few Delon shirts for a bargain, and also treated myself to some Timberland shoes.


  5. #930
    CCBW JPPR2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    7,228
    Quote Originally Posted by lom View Post
    Why buy a shit tuning module at all?
    It can not monitor your exhaust gas temperature, it can not get you more air into the cylinders.
    It can only open the injectors for a longer spray time and fuck up your fuel/air ratio.

    There are real engine tuners and there are module peddlers.
    Actually not completely true. For aspirated motors yes. Increasing injectors duty cycle and changing timing the gains are minor. It really takes a cam(s) change and larger exhaust etc. This module increases fuel pressure, holds injectors open longer and increases boost pressure from the turbo. Turbo motors are awesome. More boost, more air into the cylinder, more fuel, more power. Pretty simple equation

  6. #931
    Thailand Expat lom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:05 PM
    Location
    Trapped in an old mans body
    Posts
    9,815
    Quote Originally Posted by JPPR2 View Post
    This module increases fuel pressure, holds injectors open longer and increases boost pressure from the turbo.
    All this by only being connected to the rail sensor(s) plug?
    Those thin wires in the plug are not injector wires so your module does not change injector timing, it only fakes the common rail pressure signal to the ECU so that it increases the rail pressure slightly. That is also the reason why you have to set it at max in order to notice any effect, there is a limit to common rail pressure so you can not increase it a lot hence can not gain a lot from doing it.
    Furthermore, your module has no knowledge about turbo pressure and can not modify its sensor signal and finally your module has no idea of engine rpm so it can only add more fuel over the whole register.

    You have bought some shit which you didn't have to - there are good engine tuners in Thailand who can do a decent mapping of your engine!

  7. #932
    Thailand Expat AntRobertson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    38,733
    Speaking of vehicles...

    AU$1,000 on a bit of common metal


  8. #933
    CCBW JPPR2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    7,228
    Quote Originally Posted by lom View Post
    All this by only being connected to the rail sensor(s) plug?
    Those thin wires in the plug are not injector wires so your module does not change injector timing, it only fakes the common rail pressure signal to the ECU so that it increases the rail pressure slightly. That is also the reason why you have to set it at max in order to notice any effect, there is a limit to common rail pressure so you can not increase it a lot hence can not gain a lot from doing it.
    Furthermore, your module has no knowledge about turbo pressure and can not modify its sensor signal and finally your module has no idea of engine rpm so it can only add more fuel over the whole register.

    You have bought some shit which you didn't have to - there are good engine tuners in Thailand who can do a decent mapping of your engine!
    If you knew what you were looking at it, there is also a plug and connection to the boost sensor. The module is designed in line not a complete ECU change.

    Yes I could have gone to ECU shop and spent a ton of money but this is not a race truck. I was looking to get about 50HP and 100+ ft lbs of torque.

  9. #934
    Thailand Expat VocalNeal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:32 PM
    Location
    Phayao
    Posts
    11,676
    Quote Originally Posted by JPPR2 View Post
    Actually not completely true. For aspirated motors yes. Increasing injectors duty cycle and changing timing the gains are minor. It really takes a cam(s) change and larger exhaust etc. This module increases fuel pressure, holds injectors open longer and increases boost pressure from the turbo. Turbo motors are awesome. More boost, more air into the cylinder, more fuel, more power. Pretty simple equation
    Take no notice of the nay sayers. Just enjoy and carry on.

  10. #935
    CCBW JPPR2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    7,228
    Quote Originally Posted by VocalNeal View Post
    Take no notice of the nay sayers. Just enjoy and carry on.
    All good VN, Again its not a big spend, just for fun. Simple plug and play for my daily driver.

  11. #936
    Thailand Expat
    dirk diggler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:16 AM
    Location
    Down South
    Posts
    3,679
    I got a month off the rig and drank. A lot. I make impulse buys when I'm drunk.

    Show us your impulse buy-duc-s3-jpg

    Ducati Hypermotard 939

    Show us your impulse buy-vr6-jpg

    VW T4 Caravelle VR6

    Oops.

  12. #937
    Thailand Expat
    dirk diggler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:16 AM
    Location
    Down South
    Posts
    3,679
    Quote Originally Posted by JPPR2 View Post
    If you knew what you were looking at it, there is also a plug and connection to the boost sensor. The module is designed in line not a complete ECU change.

    Yes I could have gone to ECU shop and spent a ton of money but this is not a race truck. I was looking to get about 50HP and 100+ ft lbs of torque.
    I had a Honda CRF250L with a 305cc bore kit on it and an API ECU from a CBR300RR. I took it to my mate's shop to get dyno tested and he called the API tuning specialist to come down and remap it. Only cost me 1,000b. It was a beast after that, got the before and after graph somewhere. Not a huge difference by numbers but massive by percentage.

    It's all about more power.
    Lang may yer lum reek...

  13. #938
    Thailand Expat AntRobertson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    38,733
    ^^The bike sure Ok but the van??

  14. #939
    CCBW JPPR2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    7,228
    Quote Originally Posted by dirk diggler View Post
    I had a Honda CRF250L with a 305cc bore kit on it and an API ECU from a CBR300RR. I took it to my mate's shop to get dyno tested and he called the API tuning specialist to come down and remap it. Only cost me 1,000b. It was a beast after that, got the before and after graph somewhere. Not a huge difference by numbers but massive by percentage.

    It's all about more power.
    I added the Power Commander V to my Yam R3 right after I bought it and downloaded and played with the 5 maps they offer. I also added the Leo Vince Corsa II full exhaust. The little R3 screams and is light weight which I like. Sure I could have bought an R6 but around these parts a little canyon carver is a lot more fun and if you tank it, not a lot of cash lost. To me its all about bang for the buck and messing with the toys.

    And you are right. Its all about more power

  15. #940
    Thailand Expat
    Bogon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:57 AM
    Posts
    5,075
    ^^^ Didn't get the van from a German in Bang Saen by any chance?

  16. #941
    Thailand Expat
    dirk diggler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:16 AM
    Location
    Down South
    Posts
    3,679
    Quote Originally Posted by AntRobertson View Post
    ^^The bike sure Ok but the van??

    Quote Originally Posted by Bogon View Post
    ^^^ Didn't get the van from a German in Bang Saen by any chance?
    It was a bargain and helped out a a Scottish mate here in Songkhla who's moved back to Oz.

    Only 160k kms on her. just needs the A/C gassed

    The bike's a fuckin weapon.

  17. #942
    Thailand Expat
    Bogon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:57 AM
    Posts
    5,075
    ^ Was having a liquid lunch a few months back in Bang Saen and the German owner had one that he was selling. Don't see too many around these parts, so thought it might have been his.

  18. #943
    Thailand Expat VocalNeal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:32 PM
    Location
    Phayao
    Posts
    11,676
    Quote Originally Posted by dirk diggler View Post
    VW T4 Caravelle VR6
    Wrong colour for an ex-palace motor?

  19. #944
    Thailand Expat
    dirk diggler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:16 AM
    Location
    Down South
    Posts
    3,679
    Quote Originally Posted by VocalNeal View Post
    Wrong colour for an ex-palace motor?
    You're right, and the Monarchy used the T5. This one was originally owned by a Russian VIP.

  20. #945
    Alpha Monger
    Backspin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:56 PM
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    2,676
    Just picked up this sexy beast. From walmart. $798 Canadian. 36 volt e mountain bike

    Got the beast together and charged. was riding a little in the house. Got the power pack going. Holy fuck. she has some thrust

    Last edited by Backspin; 07-09-2020 at 11:43 PM.

  21. #946
    Member
    Shutree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:42 AM
    Location
    One heartbeat away from eternity
    Posts
    718
    Show us your impulse buy-tv2-jpg

    Having recently assured bsnub that I have not owned a television for years, this was on the last day of its sale at Makro at B8,990. The gf has been hinting somewhat strongly that a tv was required, something to do with Thai dramas. The cheapest online price we could find was B9,990 plus delivery, so it became difficult to say no. Having gone to buy pork we came home with a tv.
    It seems to work. Hardwired it to the router and it sprang to life. Then I turned it off. It makes a very nice black mirror.

  22. #947
    Hansum Man! panama hat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:07 AM
    Location
    Way, Way South of the border now - thank God!
    Posts
    24,564
    Quote Originally Posted by Shutree View Post
    It makes a very nice black mirror.
    . . .

  23. #948
    Thailand Expat
    aging one's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    18,996
    Quote Originally Posted by Shutree View Post
    It makes a very nice black mirror.
    Yes I have had two of those the last couple of years.

  24. #949
    Thailand Expat
    YourDaddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:15 PM
    Location
    Council flat. Thanks suckers!
    Posts
    3,811
    Quote Originally Posted by Backspin View Post
    Just picked up this sexy beast. From walmart. $798 Canadian. 36 volt e mountain bike

    Got the beast together and charged. was riding a little in the house. Got the power pack going. Holy fuck. she has some thrust
    That's 798 plus HST

    I heard that 2,000 dolla checks will keep coming until next September

    Thank you CRA

  25. #950
    Hansum Man! panama hat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:07 AM
    Location
    Way, Way South of the border now - thank God!
    Posts
    24,564
    After voting we went to the hardware store nearby . . . couldn't resist as it's getting warmer and our older one had died of an unknown illness a few months ago. (Probably nothing major but I am less than brilliant at technical things . . . like switches or all things electrical)



    It works

Page 38 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2830313233343536373839 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •