Page 346 of 350 FirstFirst ... 246296336338339340341342343344345346347348349350 LastLast
Results 8,626 to 8,650 of 8747

Thread: RIP Bitcoin

  1. #8626
    Member Steady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    258
    ^ Hows your Ferrari, erm owning Fiat Cinquecinquento nowadays. Still using it to pick up free pies from darkened car parks?





  2. #8627
    Thailand Expat
    Bogon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:27 PM
    Posts
    5,336
    Quote Originally Posted by Steady View Post
    Still using it to pick up free pies from darkened car parks?
    That was me you sod.

    Don't you dare lump me into the same category as Lulu.

  3. #8628
    Thailand Expat
    Iceman123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:01 AM
    Location
    South Australia
    Posts
    4,202
    Quote Originally Posted by Steady View Post
    Hows your Ferrari, erm owning Fiat Cinquecinquento nowadays. Still using it to pick up free pies from darkened car parks?
    I arrived in Patters and met LT a couple of hours after the Luigi pie run, therefore did not see him in the flesh. It did strike me a bit unusual that someone would make the return trip from Bangkok to pick up a few free pies. There again that may be the norm in the life of a high flying crypto trader - not everyday can be a winner.

    I thought a trader of Edmund's standing would have at least taken his helicopter down for the trip - However as with the TD crews Crypto returns - that would just have been pie in the sky.

  4. #8629
    Thailand Expat
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    14,638
    There is nothing to learn or understand about Cryptos, it's simply a game based on some "proprietary" algos with 2 only purposes: laundering money, and market manipulation, aka speculating

    any store of value must have either "fundamental" value (ie. Gold) or "trust" to create stability in an exchange of currency

    Cryptos and smart contracts have neither, au contraire, they are based on "mistrust" (a millennial thing) and some strange notion that wasting CPU time and energy to create mindless calculations over and over will somehow create "trust" out of thin air. Problem is "trust" is not a mathematical function.

    Crypto fascists are actually into "believe" theory, like any religion, more than "science" technology. All they are doing is a leap of faith on something that has no universal purpose. This is the irony. Millennials who have a trust issue with society is asking everyone to "trust" some gaming unproven techno, with a giant leap of faith. Basically they are demonstrating how much clueless they are about the world, and they are setting themselves up for another "deception" or "trust" issue with cryptos once it will implode.

  5. #8630
    Thailand Expat
    Iceman123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:01 AM
    Location
    South Australia
    Posts
    4,202
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogon View Post
    Don't you dare lump me into the same category as Lulu.
    No Steady is on the money - Lulu definitely picked up pies.

  6. #8631
    Thailand Expat
    Iceman123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:01 AM
    Location
    South Australia
    Posts
    4,202
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    There is nothing to learn or understand about Cryptos, it's simply a game based on some "proprietary" algos with 2 only purposes: laundering money, and market manipulation, aka speculating

    any store of value must have either "fundamental" value (ie. Gold) or "trust" to create stability in an exchange of currency

    Cryptos and smart contracts have neither, au contraire, they are based on "mistrust" (a millennial thing) and some strange notion that wasting CPU time and energy to create mindless calculations over and over will somehow create "trust" out of thin air. Problem is "trust" is not a mathematical function.

    Crypto fascists are actually into "believe" theory, like any religion, more than "science" technology. All they are doing is a leap of faith on something that has no universal purpose. This is the irony. Millennials who have a trust issue with society is asking everyone to "trust" some gaming unproven techno, with a giant leap of faith. Basically they are demonstrating how much clueless they are about the world, and they are setting themselves up for another "deception" or "trust" issue with cryptos once it will implode.
    Very well put. Totally agree, alas I feel it will fall on deaf ears.

  7. #8632
    Thailand Expat
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    14,638
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman123 View Post
    Very well put. Totally agree, alas I feel it will fall on deaf ears.
    every generation had their learning moment with mistakes they make about money, Crypto will be no exceptions

    we had the dotcom boom mistakes, but Millenials weren't around, so they wouldn't know what to look for in a bubble and Cryptos enthusiasm does feel like 1999 at the moment

    fools, let them learn the hard way, no point debating with "religious" extremists

  8. #8633
    Praise Jesus
    Edmond's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Cebu
    Posts
    3,655
    Quote Originally Posted by Steady View Post
    Still using it to pick up free pies from darkened car parks?
    Among other less-pure recreational activities.

  9. #8634
    Thailand Expat
    lob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:53 PM
    Posts
    2,118
    Quote Originally Posted by Ukan Kizmiaz View Post
    Yep - simple as that.

    Yet the tuplip stock and crypto markets show that most do the exact opposite.


    Also like gamblers - crypto investors ( ) - you might hear about the gains () but you'll rarely hear about the losses
    well that post was going so well till this sentence.u never get to read about the losers on the stock exch either. but u can get the ups and downs of all and every stock and crypto. as i know less about crypto than i do the S Exchange, i see a potential gainfull gamble on the cryto mrkt. so ive been in for a couple of years, my very first punt came up at 240%. since then ive made the odd good punt, over all im still up by 10k dollfor a 3k doll gamble, its a little bit of fun , ive been riding the stocks for so long its not even my money anymore. like i said earlier ... if u cant afford to hold u shouldnt be in it... or the S/exch.

  10. #8635
    Thailand Expat
    lob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:53 PM
    Posts
    2,118
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond View Post
    Among other less-pure recreational activities.
    u'r a very naughty boy lu.

  11. #8636
    Thailand Expat lom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:01 AM
    Location
    Trapped in an old mans body
    Posts
    11,031
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    Problem is "trust" is not a mathematical function.
    It very much is.
    Cryptographic algorithms, especially the asymmetric ones like for instances RSA-2048 are used to incur trust when there without them wouldn't be any trust.
    Last edited by lom; 09-05-2021 at 03:30 PM.

  12. #8637
    Thailand Expat
    lob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:53 PM
    Posts
    2,118
    you might hear about the gains () but you'll rarely hear about the losses. i over looked the obvious fact, for every boast of a winning bet there has to be the equivalent loss. s/exch and crypto. i have met too many losers on the s/exch, every time caused by pannick selling/ignorance. its the panickers that cause the downs , i just live off those types, not my fault people panick but thank budha for them 55

  13. #8638
    Thailand Expat
    lob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:53 PM
    Posts
    2,118
    Originally Posted by Dragonfly (RIP Bitcoin)
    Problem is "trust" is not a mathematical function.... d/fly speaks, but never applies his own observations to the things he likes or agrees with. ... ie if there is/was a run on the banks his fiat dosh would be exactly the same , that he claims fits crypto. a wanna be intellect.thick c#nt.

  14. #8639
    Praise Jesus
    Edmond's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Cebu
    Posts
    3,655
    Quote Originally Posted by lob View Post
    i just live off those types, not my fault people panick but thank budha for them 55
    True.


    We really should say thanks to the panicking losers.






    Thanks Dilly-Five-Quid.

  15. #8640
    Excommunicated baldrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:01 AM
    Posts
    23,423
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    no point debating
    Quote Originally Posted by lom View Post
    It very much is.
    for fcuks sake lom , just let the butterfluffer leave the thread thinking he has shown everybody how smart he really is

  16. #8641
    Thailand Expat
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    14,638
    It very much is.
    Cryptographic algorithms, especially the asymmetric ones like for instances RSA-2048 are used to incur trust when there without them wouldn't be any trust.
    only if you are a Norwegian loon, and crypto anarchists

    so in one corner, we have millenials with their trust issue asking the rest of society to "trust" them with "unproven" tools and "illogical" principles

    I mean WTF is wrong with them, did we really fucked up society to a point that the new generation is fucked beyond repair???

    we GenX got the worse legacy from the Boomers and yet we "created" the internet and made social network possible

    those millenials fooks are all about the cancel culture, eco-fascism, and crypto-mania

    we are indeed doomed !!!

  17. #8642
    Thailand Expat
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    14,638
    also forgot to mention the $GME GameStop mania, and the YOLO loons on r/WallstBets

    Thank god, we have COVID, the big reset for the fooking millenials and their spoiled baby mentality

  18. #8643
    Thailand Expat
    Iceman123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:01 AM
    Location
    South Australia
    Posts
    4,202
    Quote Originally Posted by lob View Post
    so ive been in for a couple of years, my very first punt came up at 240%. since then ive made the odd good punt, over all im still up by 10k dollfor a 3k doll gamble
    Hey hang on, a few posts ago you stated you "lived off your winnings" - Do you live in the Jungle under a tree? - If this is the level of "investing" we are talking about then it just does not even register with me. I don't want to make you feel bad but I have spent more on a day at the races.

  19. #8644
    Thailand Expat HermantheGerman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Last Online
    14-06-2021 @ 12:28 PM
    Location
    Germany/Satthahip
    Posts
    6,082
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    There is nothing to learn or understand about Cryptos, it's simply a game based on some "proprietary" algos with 2 only purposes: laundering money, and market manipulation, aka speculating

    any store of value must have either "fundamental" value (ie. Gold) or "trust" to create stability in an exchange of currency

    Cryptos and smart contracts have neither, au contraire, they are based on "mistrust" (a millennial thing) and some strange notion that wasting CPU time and energy to create mindless calculations over and over will somehow create "trust" out of thin air. Problem is "trust" is not a mathematical function.

    Crypto fascists are actually into "believe" theory, like any religion, more than "science" technology. All they are doing is a leap of faith on something that has no universal purpose. This is the irony. Millennials who have a trust issue with society is asking everyone to "trust" some gaming unproven techno, with a giant leap of faith. Basically they are demonstrating how much clueless they are about the world, and they are setting themselves up for another "deception" or "trust" issue with cryptos once it will implode.
    EIB issues its first ever digital bond on a public blockchain

    On 27 April 2021, the EIB launched a digital bond issuance on a blockchain platform, deploying this distributed ledger technology for the registration and settlement of digital bonds, in collaboration with Goldman Sachs, Santander and Societe Generale.
    In a partnership with Banque de France, the payment of the issue monies from the underwriters to the EIB has been represented on the blockchain in the form of CBDC.
    The EIB believes that the digitalisation of capital markets may bring benefits to market participants in the coming years, including a reduction of intermediaries and fixed costs, better market transparency through an increased capacity to see trading flows and identity asset owners, as well as a much faster settlement speed.


    European Investment Bank Issues $121M Digital Notes Using Ethereum

    Goldman Sachs, Banco Santander SA and Societe Generale AG served as joint managers.

    European Investment Bank Issues $121M Digital Notes Using Ethereum - CoinDesk

  20. #8645
    Praise Jesus
    Edmond's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Cebu
    Posts
    3,655
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond View Post
    Another 37% day for Doge.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond View Post
    Up another 58% in 24hrs.


    I love you DOGE.
    Down 25% in 24 hours.


    Once you're comfortable losing 1/4 of your holdings in a day, because you know they'll go back up 70% a few days later, crypto's for you.

  21. #8646
    Excommunicated baldrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:01 AM
    Posts
    23,423
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond View Post
    DOGE
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond View Post
    because you know they'll go back up 70% a few days later,
    ok , it is because DOGE is innovating

  22. #8647
    Thailand Expat
    Ukan Kizmiaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:17 PM
    Posts
    1,031
    If it gets to less than 500 against BTC I might throw a few lazy $$ at it.

    "Its heading in the right direction for my lovin and affection."


    A little doggy to keep the eth company.

  23. #8648
    Thailand Expat lom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:01 AM
    Location
    Trapped in an old mans body
    Posts
    11,031
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    we GenX got the worse legacy from the Boomers and yet we "created" the internet and made social network possible
    You Genx came to a dressed table, Internet was created by Boomers in the early 80's when you were only a few foot high if even that.
    Obviously you also don't understand what digital signing is, the mathematical cryptographic algorithms behind it and how that is used to create trust.
    The banana is big, but its skin is even bigger.

  24. #8649
    I Amn't In Jail Plan B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:36 PM
    Location
    Tezza's Balcony
    Posts
    5,740
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    Millenials weren't around, so they wouldn't know what to look for in a bubble and Cryptos enthusiasm does feel like 1999 at the moment
    I can see why you ran away from this forum with your tail between your legs.


    Your arguments are:

    1. Crypto doesn't work because millenials exist.

    Millenials were always gonna exist. Only large scale deployment of nuclear weapons would have stopped that.

    2. It's a bubble, and it's gonna burst!!!

    It was a bubble in 2013, then again in 2017, and again now in 2021. Please tell us, using your GenX wisdom, when it will actually burst for good, because right now it has risen from the dead more times than Mr Jesus Christ himself.
    Dear Anti-vaxers: Enjoy your free trial.

  25. #8650
    Member Steady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    258
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman123 View Post
    I don't want to make you feel bad but I have spent more on a day at the races


    DJ Pat has dropped more running for the bus than this clown ...


    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond View Post
    Down 25% in 24 hours.


    Once you're comfortable losing 1/4 of your holdings in a day, because you know they'll go back up 70% a few days later, crypto's for you.

Page 346 of 350 FirstFirst ... 246296336338339340341342343344345346347348349350 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •