Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 34
  1. #1
    Thailand Expat terry57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:39 PM
    Posts
    26,241

    Metalex 2015 in Bangkok

    This is one for the Bangkok crew.

    At the moment Bi-Tec exhibition center is show casing " Metalex."

    It is a world class show case of the most up to date robotics and anything else to do with large machinery from through out the world.

    The robotics on show there are mind blowing.

    If one has an interest in this area or even if you don't get down there and have a look, it's simply fookin Incredible what is on Show . On show till Saturday.

    BTS to Bangna then walk in.
    Stroller is a Yerman faggot.

  2. #2
    Being chased by sloths DJ Pat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Last Online
    06-10-2018 @ 05:27 PM
    Posts
    18,781
    Free entry?
    My mate's been obsessed since getting his first meccano set & transformers toys in the 80s. He'll be salivating like fury
    His poor GF won't enjoy it much.

  3. #3
    Thailand Expat terry57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:39 PM
    Posts
    26,241
    ^

    Free entry but must register as per usual with these large industry shows.

    Some Thai stuff on show but mainly machines imported from world wide.

    Huge machines weighing tons.

    Fok knows how they actually manage to put on a show like this ? The Thais excel when it comes to staging these huge exhibitions.

    Hence why I love living in Bangkok,

    Between Bi-Tec, Impact Arena and Queen Sirakit center there is always some world class Expo going on.

  4. #4
    En route
    Cujo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:25 AM
    Location
    Reality.
    Posts
    28,639
    Quote Originally Posted by terry57 View Post
    This is one for the Bangkok crew.

    At the moment Bi-Tec exhibition center is show casing " Metalex."

    It is a world class show case of the most up to date robotics and anything else to do with large machinery from through out the world.

    The robotics on show there are mind blowing.

    If one has an interest in this area or even if you don't get down there and have a look, it's simply fookin Incredible what is on Show . On show till Saturday.

    BTS to Bangna then walk in.
    Oh look, Terry's discovered the world of trade and industry exhibitions.

  5. #5
    Utopian Expat
    Chittychangchang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    14,336
    Cheap day out for the family.
    Kids and big kids love this stuff.

  6. #6
    Custom user Neverna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Behind a rhododendron bush
    Posts
    17,944

  7. #7
    I am in Jail

    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Last Online
    02-09-2018 @ 02:44 AM
    Location
    Bayswater
    Posts
    172
    Quote Originally Posted by terry57 View Post
    Fok knows how they actually manage to put on a show like this ? The Thais excel when it comes to staging these huge exhibitions.

    Hence why I love living in Bangkok,

    Between Bi-Tec, Impact Arena and Queen Sirakit center there is always some world class Expo going on.
    Sorry to disappoint you pal. I know this organisation well. They put on about 500 expo a year.

    About 20% are in Japan and there are a lot more in Australia than Thailand. List by region here Event List - Reed Exhibitions

  8. #8
    Thailand Expat terry57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:39 PM
    Posts
    26,241
    ^

    Why would I be disappointed Pal ?

    I go to these shows and you do not.

    Who gives a fuk huh.

  9. #9
    Thailand Expat VocalNeal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Last Online
    19-11-2019 @ 10:29 AM
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    11,336
    I used to go every year but my invitation must have got stuck in the door and blown away.

    Great place to buy oddball tools.

  10. #10
    POTUS HOCUS
    david44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Online
    12-10-2019 @ 11:14 AM
    Location
    Inner Wrongholia
    Posts
    13,668
    Where is it located,any where near Don Muang Rangsit where I'll be next week?

  11. #11
    Thailand Expat terry57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:39 PM
    Posts
    26,241
    ^

    To late mate,

    It finished today, you missed a awesome display of world class technology.

    Next year huh.

  12. #12
    POTUS HOCUS
    david44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Online
    12-10-2019 @ 11:14 AM
    Location
    Inner Wrongholia
    Posts
    13,668
    Quote Originally Posted by terry57 View Post
    ^

    To late mate,

    It finished today, you missed a awesome display of world class technology.

    Next year huh.
    Was it riveting?

  13. #13
    Thailand Expat
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    60,017
    Quote Originally Posted by terry57 View Post
    ^

    To late mate,

    It finished today, you missed a awesome display of world class technology.

    Next year huh.
    Too late

    An awesome

    Next year, huh?

  14. #14
    Thailand Expat
    katie23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    PI
    Posts
    4,174
    Hi Terry, did you take pics of the robots? If yes, could you post pics? I liked your carshow thread before, and I find robotics/ tech stuff interesting.

  15. #15
    Thailand Expat terry57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:39 PM
    Posts
    26,241
    ^

    Funny you say that Katie, I was going to shoot some pics but did not.

    Would of made an Interesting thread. Next year maybe.

  16. #16
    Custom user Neverna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Behind a rhododendron bush
    Posts
    17,944
    I bet you didn't even go inside, Terry!!

  17. #17
    Thailand Expat
    rickschoppers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Thailand
    Posts
    7,174
    Off topic a bit Terry, but do you know when the next auto show is in Bangkok. I have been trying for a few years to go and seem to miss it. January?

  18. #18
    Days Work Done! Norton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Roiet
    Posts
    30,454

  19. #19
    Thailand Expat VocalNeal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Last Online
    19-11-2019 @ 10:29 AM
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    11,336
    Quote Originally Posted by david44 View Post

    Was it riveting?
    ..and welding and turning and drilling and forming ..and...

    There is a motor show at Impact in December

  20. #20
    Thailand Expat
    rickschoppers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Thailand
    Posts
    7,174
    Quote Originally Posted by Norton View Post
    Thanks Norton. I will fly down for that.

  21. #21
    Thailand Expat terry57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:39 PM
    Posts
    26,241
    ^

    The Motor shows are fantastic, I go every year.

    Well worth the flight down.

    The Thais are world class at staging these massive events and the worlds best and latest equipment is flown in.

    Every large Expo I have attended in Bangkok and that's quite a few now have been fantastic.

    I'm not big on those bleached white, plastic tittied Event bints but in-between them there are some world beating all natural ones.

    Fookin incredible some of them.

    And the vast majority of events are free.

    I love Bangkok and god bless Thailand.

    Fok Engerland though.

  22. #22
    En route
    Cujo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:25 AM
    Location
    Reality.
    Posts
    28,639
    Quote Originally Posted by terry57 View Post
    ^

    The Motor shows are fantastic, I go every year.

    Well worth the flight down.

    The Thais are world class at staging these massive events and the worlds best and latest equipment is flown in.

    Every large Expo I have attended in Bangkok and that's quite a few now have been fantastic.

    I'm not big on those bleached white, plastic tittied Event bints but in-between them there are some world beating all natural ones.

    Fookin incredible some of them.

    And the vast majority of events are free.

    I love Bangkok and god bless Thailand.

    Fok Engerland though.
    You know the Thais are not "world class at staging these events", they are only responsible for renting the space right?
    The exhibits are the responsibility of the exhibitors who are usually large international companys who fly their own equipment in, pay for transportation, space, exhorbitant build fees for exhibits and on and on.
    And the Thais who rent the plants, build the exhibits, load and unload the exhibitors goods etc. are a bunch of typical scamming overcharging monopolizing kunts.
    You know shit Terry, you're a fucking fireman.
    Oh, and these Thailand exhibitions are not "Massive". If you want to see a truly world class 'Massive' 'event' (exhibition) with 'the worlds best and latest equipment flown in' try the Hannover Messe exhibitions in Germany.
    Last edited by Cujo; 26-11-2015 at 11:33 PM.

  23. #23
    Thailand Expat
    katie23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    PI
    Posts
    4,174
    Quote Originally Posted by terry57 View Post
    ^
    Funny you say that Katie, I was going to shoot some pics but did not.
    Would of made an Interesting thread. Next year maybe.
    Alright, Terry, maybe next year then. Cheers!

  24. #24
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Chonburi, Thailand
    Posts
    6,070
    Quote Originally Posted by terry57 View Post
    ^

    To late mate,

    It finished today, you missed a awesome display of world class technology.

    Next year huh.

    They must have finally stepped it up a notch or 2 as I have been the last 3 (did not go this year, found it more exciting to throw my invite in the bin) and they were as exciting as watching paint dry.

  25. #25
    Thailand Expat terry57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:39 PM
    Posts
    26,241
    ^

    There was millions of dollars of top of the range robotics on show plus the worlds latest machines.

    If you find that sort of quality exhibition not inspiring so be it.

    Everyone is different.

    Myself loves these world class shows.

    Been a great week at Bi-Tec.

    Also attended the photographic exhibition which show cased the worlds latest range of high Tec cameras and lenses.

    Another show case of the Thais ability to put on these high Tec expos.

    The eye candy at all these shows helps as well.

    December 2nd is the motor cycle expo at Muan Thani expo centre, I'll miss that one. I'll be up Norf touring.

    Never a dull moment in Bangkok mate, always something going on.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •