Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 29
  1. #1
    Thailand Expat
    crepitas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Online
    27-03-2017 @ 08:11 AM
    Posts
    1,964

    Another Thai girl + farang saga?

    555 just heard that one of my many nieces (this one 19yo) is now involved with a young farang..apparently owns a couple of Italian restaurants..assume Italian.
    That will make the third farang in our southern Thai family. Share the tears and burden perhaps..55?
    Let the fun begin!!!..gonna keep my mouth shut..looking forward to enjoying his version of Cannelloni when next in Phuket though.... my favourite Italian dish.

  2. #2
    I am in Jail

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:12 AM
    Posts
    757
    Sharing the burden is a positive...hopefully, not the tears. Italians tend to pick real lookers so guessing the family are too, so that's sweet

  3. #3
    ความสุขในอีสาน
    nigelandjan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Frinton on sea and Ban Pak
    Posts
    12,939
    Good luck with that BTW don't bother saving me any of the food thanks

  4. #4
    Thailand Expat
    crepitas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Online
    27-03-2017 @ 08:11 AM
    Posts
    1,964
    Coincidentally within 15 minutes of my post neice is on the phone to my wife the "agony aunt". Seems he is 23 yo smitten with our neice,frequent tourist only and only helping out at his friend's restaurant. Neice put him on the phone to my wife....seems he is a genuine guy and a bit naive of the way things work in Thai families. Wife told him that niece, a farm girl, is also ignorant of western men/lifestyle etc etc....film at 11....lol..Sort of sweet ain't it?

  5. #5
    Philippine Expat Davis Knowlton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    17,880
    This has potential. One of my dozens of nieces has been living in Italy with some Dago dude for the last five years.

  6. #6
    Thailand Expat
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    18,030
    Quote Originally Posted by crepitas View Post
    Coincidentally within 15 minutes of my post neice is on the phone to my wife the "agony aunt". Seems he is 23 yo smitten with our neice,frequent tourist only and only helping out at his friend's restaurant. Neice put him on the phone to my wife....seems he is a genuine guy and a bit naive of the way things work in Thai families. Wife told him that niece, a farm girl, is also ignorant of western men/lifestyle etc etc....film at 11....lol..Sort of sweet ain't it?
    This should be interesting....
    Keep us posted.



  7. #7
    Thailand Expat
    crepitas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Online
    27-03-2017 @ 08:11 AM
    Posts
    1,964
    Will do..
    Interesting bit of scuttlebutt..nieces now estranged father is a non convicted murderer of his druggie nephew ( shot him several times) after a family fight. (bought off police and parents).. TIT.The guy is a quintessential arsehole who has attempted to fleece me to no avail several times.
    Life in Thailand is soo much fun...yes??
    Hope my sweet niece and her new love find happiness....
    I was smitten ..10 years on still smitten...lol.

  8. #8
    Thailand Expat
    crepitas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Online
    27-03-2017 @ 08:11 AM
    Posts
    1,964
    Hmm..methinks perhaps if my currently idyllic world collapsed I would probably take Pattaya flying lessons...

  9. #9
    Member
    harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:45 PM
    Posts
    62,469
    Quote Originally Posted by Davis Knowlton View Post
    This has potential. One of my dozens of nieces has been living in Italy with some Dago dude for the last five years.
    Davis I am surprised to see you using the derogatory word "Dago" to describe a person of Italian descent. It originates from "Diego", a Spanish name.

    The phrase you are looking for is "Lambretta Jockey" or "Greasy Wop".


  10. #10
    Philippine Expat Davis Knowlton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    17,880
    ^Thank you....my bad. I shall craft my ethnic slurs with more care in the future.

  11. #11
    Thailand Expat
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    18,030
    Quote Originally Posted by harrybarracuda View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Davis Knowlton View Post
    This has potential. One of my dozens of nieces has been living in Italy with some Dago dude for the last five years.
    Davis I am surprised to see you using the derogatory word "Dago" to describe a person of Italian descent. It originates from "Diego", a Spanish name.

    The phrase you are looking for is "Lambretta Jockey" or "Greasy Wop".

    Ginney [Guinea], Geep, and Wog work nicely as well, Harry.

    Just helpin' like -


  12. #12
    R.I.P.
    toslti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Last Online
    22-09-2018 @ 07:53 AM
    Location
    Wongamat, Pattaya
    Posts
    2,038
    does she remind him of his Mum?.... the only person an Eyetie really loves?

  13. #13
    Thailand Expat
    Gazza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Wat Thafookhisit near to Wat Chamakhorlit
    Posts
    2,306
    Quote Originally Posted by crepitas
    I was smitten ..10 years on still smitten...lol.
    I remember during my adolesence being deep in smitt with every girl older than me. Or perhaps it was just lust.

  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Last Online
    21-11-2014 @ 11:59 AM
    Posts
    95
    Quote Originally Posted by crepitas View Post
    555 just heard that one of my many nieces (this one 19yo) is now involved with a young farang..apparently owns a couple of Italian restaurants..assume Italian.
    It'll be over as soon as there's a full sachet of ketchup put on one slice of pizza.

  15. #15
    I'm in Jail

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:57 PM
    Posts
    26,266
    Good lookin Thai girls seem to have a special power that make the newbie Farang loose their mind.

    Hope he don't buy her a fookin house .

    But he will be Ok because he will have a 30 year usufruct .

    Fook me EH.

  16. #16
    R.I.P.
    patsycat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Last Online
    08-11-2017 @ 09:54 PM
    Location
    Geneva
    Posts
    7,393
    Quote Originally Posted by nigelandjan View Post
    Good luck with that BTW don't bother saving me any of the food thanks
    They eat kidneys and liver in Italy too. And potatoes and cabbage and and and...!!!

    All from their gardens, like normal folk.

    Good luck to the neice, one thing to be said about Italians is that they are family orientated. With the Mamas and Nonas etc.

  17. #17
    POTUS HOCUS
    david44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Online
    12-10-2019 @ 11:14 AM
    Location
    Inner Wrongholia
    Posts
    13,668

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by Davis Knowlton View Post
    This has potential. One of my dozens of nieces has been living in Italy with some Dago dude for the last five years.
    I'm sure it was an oversight ,to be politically correct an Italian is a Spick Wop or mafioso down our way,Dagos are Hispanic.

    I hope your day goes well

  18. #18
    Thailand Expat
    wasabi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Last Online
    28-10-2019 @ 03:54 AM
    Location
    England
    Posts
    10,958
    Thai Girls and Italian boys. Romeo and Juliet, such romance, just like Shakespeare s story.

  19. #19
    Thailand Expat
    the dogcatcher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Online
    24-12-2015 @ 06:41 PM
    Location
    My body is not a temple, It's the hell where I reside.
    Posts
    5,708
    Bet it's gonna be a buffalo mozzareli cheese business.

  20. #20
    Thailand Expat
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    18,030
    Quote Originally Posted by the dogcatcher View Post
    Bet it's gonna be a buffalo mozzareli cheese business.
    Yet, you'll remember, it's a bitch to milk a buffalo.

  21. #21
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Last Online
    09-08-2015 @ 02:50 PM
    Posts
    46
    Poor sod

  22. #22
    Thailand Expat
    Kurgen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Last Online
    02-12-2019 @ 12:05 PM
    Location
    Shitsville
    Posts
    8,811
    Quote Originally Posted by thaimeme View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by the dogcatcher View Post
    Bet it's gonna be a buffalo mozzareli cheese business.
    Yet, you'll remember, it's a bitch to milk a buffalo.
    They wank them, don't they?

  23. #23
    The Fool on the Hill bowie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    นนทบุรี
    Posts
    4,649
    Italian - Thai should work fine. Hope she likes Italy, pasta and Catholicism.

    The Itals are a good and passionate people, hot or cold - no lukewarm bullshit. Love their food, and their wine. So easy to pack on the pounds though.

    Good luck to them.

  24. #24
    Thailand Expat
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    18,030
    Quote Originally Posted by bowie View Post
    Italian - Thai should work fine. Hope she likes Italy, pasta and Catholicism.

    The Itals are a good and passionate people, hot or cold - no lukewarm bullshit. Love their food, and their wine. So easy to pack on the pounds though.

    Good luck to them.
    You're just assuming that they'll run off back to Italy?

    What if she holds her ground, and insist that they build a life here?
    It will be up to him to conform, won't it??

  25. #25
    The Fool on the Hill bowie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    นนทบุรี
    Posts
    4,649
    Quote Originally Posted by the dogcatcher
    Bet it's gonna be a buffalo mozzareli cheese business.
    Perhaps un Bello Trattoria, un Mozzarella di Bufala e prosciutto panini grazie. Buono, buono.
    Last edited by bowie; 17-11-2014 at 08:16 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •