Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 43
  1. #1
    I am in Jail

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Online
    05-01-2016 @ 03:54 PM
    Location
    In a Madhouse
    Posts
    5,750

    What would you be doing now if there was no internet

    Eating in a restaurant in Ubon the other day, there was a table of eleven sitting by us, and all of them were either sending texts or looking at facebook etc, no one having a conservation with anyone only laughing and showing each other there vids pics etc.

    What would you do if there was not internet now.

    I am first to admit i would be lost, but most probably doing a lot more than i do now.

    Heading should say NO internet.

  2. #2
    Thailand Expat
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    60,017
    thought you flounced?

  3. #3
    I am in Jail

    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Last Online
    27-10-2015 @ 09:39 AM
    Posts
    178
    Troll face to face.
    Get stabbed.
    Die.

  4. #4
    POTUS HOCUS
    david44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Online
    12-10-2019 @ 11:14 AM
    Location
    Inner Wrongholia
    Posts
    13,668
    Help Al Gore invent it

  5. #5
    I am in Jail

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Online
    05-01-2016 @ 03:54 PM
    Location
    In a Madhouse
    Posts
    5,750
    So one takes a holiday and you flounce.?, sorry your a keenok teacher and can only afford the nana hotel.

    Quote Originally Posted by kingwilly View Post
    thought you flounced?

  6. #6
    Thailand Expat
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    18,030
    Sit comfortably watching the world go by.....without manipulation or conditioning.


    Stimuli and interaction needn't be engineered.
    Dumbing down seems to be all the rage.

  7. #7
    I am in Jail

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Online
    05-01-2016 @ 03:54 PM
    Location
    In a Madhouse
    Posts
    5,750
    What are you on Jeff, can i have some.

  8. #8
    I am in Jail

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Online
    05-01-2016 @ 03:54 PM
    Location
    In a Madhouse
    Posts
    5,750
    Are you admitting your a troll?

    Quote Originally Posted by RangsitRiot View Post
    Troll face to face.
    Get stabbed.
    Die.

  9. #9
    Thailand Expat
    chassamui's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Bali
    Posts
    11,678

  10. #10
    Thailand Expat
    buriramboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Last Online
    11-09-2019 @ 09:56 AM
    Posts
    12,238
    Would have to go back to buying Mayfair and Playboy magazines.

  11. #11
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Online
    21-11-2019 @ 08:54 AM
    Posts
    36,453
    Quote Originally Posted by Yasojack
    can only afford the nana hotel.
    That's "expensive," na?...

    Quote Originally Posted by Yasojack
    Heading should say NO internet.
    Hmmm...And it does affect the meaning, too...

    Fair play...I'd probably turn on the TV, check to see what's on, think about bringing up NetFlix, grab a book and head outside with a coffee to walk the yard, read a bit, smoke a bit, maybe prune the trees or start a project in the backyard...

    Kind of like the power going off...Daytime, no problem...Nighttime, a little different...And "nothing" works, then...Your first challenge is light...

    With no internet, over an extended period of time, it would be difficult not doing business matters, or enjoying the entertainment aspects, but adapting would be alright, and even welcomed for the benefits...

    When the internet has a "major problem" worldwide, it will really be "interesting."

    May you live in interesting times...or...

  12. #12
    R.I.P.
    patsycat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Last Online
    08-11-2017 @ 09:54 PM
    Location
    Geneva
    Posts
    7,393
    When i have no internet, i read and read and read books, magazines, papers etc.

    I go out to my local café and have a couple of coffees and read the press. With internet i stay home and drink my coffee and read the press on line.

    I do like to go to a café and just see people!!

    I think i may put one of those parental block things on my computer for myself!!

    Tomorrow i am going out into the big bad world. For a little walk around my town, with my camera.... a friend needs a taste of home.

    Leaving the laptop at home.

    What does piss me off is people who arrange to meet you for a drink and plug their computers in, and then totally ignore you as the play away at whatever game they are playing. And only grunt when you try to converse.

  13. #13
    Thailand Expat
    beazalbob69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Last Online
    22-07-2018 @ 05:01 AM
    Location
    Between here and nowhere.
    Posts
    1,462
    Quote Originally Posted by patsycat View Post
    When i have no internet, i read and read and read books, magazines, papers etc.

    I go out to my local café and have a couple of coffees and read the press. With internet i stay home and drink my coffee and read the press on line.

    I do like to go to a café and just see people!!

    I think i may put one of those parental block things on my computer for myself!!

    Tomorrow i am going out into the big bad world. For a little walk around my town, with my camera.... a friend needs a taste of home.

    Leaving the laptop at home.

    What does piss me off is people who arrange to meet you for a drink and plug their computers in, and then totally ignore you as the play away at whatever game they are playing. And only grunt when you try to converse.
    UGH...

    FINDING spanking material would become much more difficult.

  14. #14
    Thailand Expat
    the dogcatcher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Online
    24-12-2015 @ 06:41 PM
    Location
    My body is not a temple, It's the hell where I reside.
    Posts
    5,708
    No internet.
    Play pool.
    Drink Chang.
    Do bar girls.

  15. #15
    Thailand Expat
    Hans Mann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Online
    01-07-2016 @ 05:52 AM
    Location
    Land of Laughs
    Posts
    5,764
    I'd be arguing with random people from the phone book.

  16. #16
    How Dare You!!
    Looper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:24 PM
    Posts
    12,133
    It cuts both ways though.

    Most of the time we 'waste' on the internet is time the internet has saved us in the first place. e.g. working from home with no commute or not having to go to the bank to pay bills etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by thaimeme
    .....without manipulation or conditioning.
    What about air conditioning?

  17. #17
    Thailand Expat
    MeMock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Baan Nok Ubon / outback Australia
    Posts
    11,121
    How is Ubon going Yasojack?

  18. #18
    POTUS HOCUS
    david44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Online
    12-10-2019 @ 11:14 AM
    Location
    Inner Wrongholia
    Posts
    13,668

    Brilliant

    Quote Originally Posted by Hans Mann View Post
    I'd be arguing with random people from the phone book.
    Khvn assorted,Random House NYC

  19. #19
    I am in Jail

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Online
    05-01-2016 @ 03:54 PM
    Location
    In a Madhouse
    Posts
    5,750
    Ubon is changing getting very commercial these days, went to the new Mall there the other day, how the normal Thai will shop there is beyond me.

    QUOTE=MeMock;2895959]How is Ubon going Yasojack?[/QUOTE]

  20. #20
    Thailand Expat
    kmart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:49 AM
    Location
    Rayong.
    Posts
    10,951
    Quote Originally Posted by beazalbob69 View Post

    FINDING spanking material would become much more difficult.
    Furtively trawling the top shelves of the nearest paki newsagents, probly.

  21. #21
    Thailand Expat
    9999's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Online
    31-05-2018 @ 07:54 PM
    Location
    Hating but living in the 3rd world
    Posts
    5,511
    I had the internet since a teenager and worked on online since 19 years old. Life would be pretty weird without and BTC holders would be fookd.

    Quote Originally Posted by Yasojack
    Ubon is changing getting very commercial these days, went to the new Mall there the other day, how the normal Thai will shop there is beyond me.
    You should see all the shit that has popped up in Chiang Mai just in the last 2 years. 3 new big shopping malls for a start.

    I think the same thing is happening in Udon, Ubon, Korat and any other semi-large Thai cities.

    There are 70 Million or so Thais, probably 10-20 Mill or so would be flush enough to shop at these new malls, at least until their credit runs dry. I mean its not like western malls are full of wealthy westerners. More like teenagers and people maxing out their credit cards.

    All I can say is thank fuck they all can't afford cars.

  22. #22
    I am in Jail

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Online
    05-01-2016 @ 03:54 PM
    Location
    In a Madhouse
    Posts
    5,750
    Be interesting to see what happens,Ubon is kicking all the markets into touch, so they have to get a lease prices go up, but seems the 300 baht day wage goes down, so less money to spend.

  23. #23
    Thailand Expat
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    18,030
    Quote Originally Posted by Yasojack View Post
    Ubon is changing getting very commercial these days, went to the new Mall there the other day, how the normal Thai will shop there is beyond me.

    Normal Thai.....??

    What's that?

  24. #24
    Thailand Expat
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    18,030
    Quote Originally Posted by 9999 View Post
    I had the internet since a teenager and worked on online since 19 years old. Life would be pretty weird without and BTC holders would be fookd.

    Quote Originally Posted by Yasojack
    Ubon is changing getting very commercial these days, went to the new Mall there the other day, how the normal Thai will shop there is beyond me.
    You should see all the shit that has popped up in Chiang Mai just in the last 2 years. 3 new big shopping malls for a start.

    I think the same thing is happening in Udon, Ubon, Korat and any other semi-large Thai cities.

    There are 70 Million or so Thais, probably 10-20 Mill or so would be flush enough to shop at these new malls, at least until their credit runs dry. I mean its not like western malls are full of wealthy westerners. More like teenagers and people maxing out their credit cards.

    All I can say is thank fuck they all can't afford cars.
    You speak of Thais and credit cards as if commonplace.
    Far far from that.

  25. #25
    The Pikey Hunter
    Gerbil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Roasting a Hedgehog
    Posts
    12,356
    Quote Originally Posted by patsycat
    Tomorrow i am going out into the big bad world. For a little walk around my town, with my camera...
    Pikey bait.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •