Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 50
  1. #1
    Thailand Expat
    pseudolus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Online
    14-10-2019 @ 04:04 AM
    Location
    On the range
    Posts
    17,613

    "How you doin'" - blimey men are pathetic.



    10 Hours of Walking in NYC as a Woman. Pitiful and frankly scary men. Just imagine how bad it would be for an actual hit chick!

  2. #2
    disturbance in the Turnip baldrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:42 PM
    Location
    Heidleberg
    Posts
    21,810
    I didn't watch the video , but I am guessing it is the same "viral" one as is mentioned in this story
    http://www.theatlantic.com/entertain...female/382032/

    I believe I have read of another video where the woman is black and the sexist and racist comments are quite vile

    but it is also getting to the stage where if you smile and say hello to a woman who does not think you are movie star marriage material , she is thinking about filing sexual assault charges

  3. #3
    Thailand Expat
    Hans Mann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Online
    01-07-2016 @ 05:52 AM
    Location
    Land of Laughs
    Posts
    5,764
    It sure beats "heyyyyy you, where you go".

  4. #4
    R.I.P.
    patsycat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Last Online
    08-11-2017 @ 09:54 PM
    Location
    Geneva
    Posts
    7,393
    Dont be silly.

  5. #5
    Thailand Expat
    ShrewedPunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    4,351
    Blacks being black

  6. #6
    Banned

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Online
    14-08-2015 @ 05:39 PM
    Location
    Ex-Pat Refugee in Thailand
    Posts
    9,579
    Been there done that. Advice from corporate world:

    1. Never, ever, allow a women into your office without having a third party present.

    2. Never, ever close the door when a women is present in your office.

    3. Do not engage in any personal discussions with female employees.

    4. All above applies for homosexuals, transsexuals and lesbians.

    5. All equally applies to persons of color. BTW, we don't employ blacks. Remember that!

  7. #7
    Thailand Expat
    pseudolus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Online
    14-10-2019 @ 04:04 AM
    Location
    On the range
    Posts
    17,613
    Quote Originally Posted by ltnt View Post
    Been there done that. Advice from corporate world:

    1. Never, ever, allow a women into your office without having a third party present.

    2. Never, ever close the door when a women is present in your office.

    3. Do not engage in any personal discussions with female employees.

    4. All above applies for homosexuals, transsexuals and lesbians.

    5. All equally applies to persons of color. BTW, we don't employ blacks. Remember that!
    Makes it kind of tough for the secretary to do the job she has really been hired for though. Also, how are young hot girls going to persuade you to hire them despite no experience in these circumstance?

    Shocking.

  8. #8
    Thailand Expat
    9999's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Online
    31-05-2018 @ 07:54 PM
    Location
    Hating but living in the 3rd world
    Posts
    5,511
    Blokes pay good money to come to Thailand and get the same treatment. Women are from Venus I spose.

  9. #9
    better looking than Ned
    Rigger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Last Online
    17-01-2018 @ 12:27 PM
    Posts
    7,900
    Just normal American I can keep my mouth shut bullshit.

  10. #10
    POTUS HOCUS
    david44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Online
    12-10-2019 @ 11:14 AM
    Location
    Inner Wrongholia
    Posts
    13,668
    Irony is faux parading to be noticed by poor low life So she has enhanced her ceebrity noticed by higher ranking partners,it's the sorry state of te pecking order evolved over millenia and a few people think it can be actually changed rather than subverted.

    White American women don't like to be treated like meat in public and think they can divorce themselves from millions of years of evolution.
    Post menopausal females had few functions in the phallocratic hunter gatherer era. Not muh need for fire tending and cave painting since the roller was invented.
    I used to have a job at a calendar factory.
    I got the sack because
    I took a couple of days off.

  11. #11
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Last Online
    11-07-2019 @ 03:42 PM
    Posts
    1,999

    Wink

    The camera along with the tight trousers made her 'rear bumper' look larger in my estimate even though the shot is front-facing.
    Most of those NYC comments come from behind as she passes by opposed as to talking face-to-face.

    Possibly if she took that walk up and down Silom, Sukhumvit, et al all she would be hearing is "do you have 20 bhat ?"
    No way would anyone ask her for a phone number.
    Then again I don't want to sound disparaging of Thais - I'm talking of most farangs.

  12. #12
    I am in Jail

    Join Date
    May 2014
    Last Online
    03-06-2018 @ 06:26 AM
    Posts
    1,190
    And what category do men who take zoomed in photos of random women's arses in public, and then post them on a forum with a "cor look at this one" type message fall in to?

  13. #13
    Thailand Expat
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    18,030
    Quote Originally Posted by Fozzy View Post
    And what category do men who take zoomed in photos of random women's arses in public, and then post them on a forum with a "cor look at this one" type message fall in to?
    It's a do as I say not as I do kind of a thing.

    Hypocrisy is accepted.

  14. #14
    R.I.P.
    patsycat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Last Online
    08-11-2017 @ 09:54 PM
    Location
    Geneva
    Posts
    7,393
    A few years ago i went for a job interview, one of the interviewers asked me how i would react if he pinched my bum or made overtly sexual innuendos to me.

    I said i would call the police and make a formal complaint against him.

    I didnt get the job. I was told i wouldnt fit into their office, because i didnt have a sense of humour. A few years later i met one of their secretaries and she actually did make the complaint and won. The guy who interviewed me went too far.

    Men think they are cool and manly making comments or touching women inapproprially.

    But in the end, they just show themselves up as disgusting, uneducated tools.

  15. #15
    Thailand Expat cyrille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:42 PM
    Posts
    17,665
    I noticed when I watched that video a couple of days ago that the makers stress that the men harassing were from 'all backgrounds'.

    While watching it, it didn't seem that way.

  16. #16
    Guest Member S Landreth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    left of center
    Posts
    7,766
    Quote Originally Posted by ShrewedPunter View Post
    Blacks being black
    Quote Originally Posted by ltnt View Post
    BTW, we don't employ blacks.
    Bigots will be bigots,….

    As for Oates, “I also just want to throw out there that it is a really, there’s an implicit bias in her remarks because it is a really longheld myth that street harassment is mostly perpetuated by men of color… and that’s simply not true. As part of that, people assume that this is mostly happening in low-income neighborhoods. But we know, and the data knows, that it’s not.”

    But the video, as a Slate story pointed out, only features one white harasser, and his offense (“Nice”) is relatively small: “The video also unintentionally makes another point: that harassers are mostly black and Latino, and hanging out on the streets in midday in clothes that suggest they are not on their lunch break.” Bliss, who directed the video, responded on Reddit. “We got a fair amount of white guys, but for whatever reason, a lot of what they said was in passing, or off camera,” or otherwise unusable. In an interview with Gothamist conducted via email, Bliss addressed the issue at greater length:

    “Also I can even walk you through it, but there were 6 or 7 white guys in this video that catcalled, that’s 33% to 40% percent. It’s tricky picking everyone out because all their faces are blurred, which has only lead to more confusion. Additionally, their scenes were short, where those two guys who were non-white, they alone ate up half the video. So the run times yes, heavily portray blacks/Latinos, but the actual number count is much closer. And that’s the problem with a 18 person sample size, inaccurate results, which is why this video shouldn’t be treated like a survey.”

    last 30 seconds

    Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.

  17. #17
    Member
    Bettyboo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:47 AM
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    31,120
    Quote Originally Posted by patsycat View Post
    A few years ago i went for a job interview, one of the interviewers asked me how i would react if he pinched my bum or made overtly sexual innuendos to me.

    I said i would call the police and make a formal complaint against him.

    I didnt get the job. I was told i wouldnt fit into their office, because i didnt have a sense of humour. A few years later i met one of their secretaries and she actually did make the complaint and won. The guy who interviewed me went too far.

    Men think they are cool and manly making comments or touching women inapproprially.

    But in the end, they just show themselves up as disgusting, uneducated tools.
    I don't think this is a fair approximation of male behaviour, Patsy because you do have (so I'm told, still waiting for the pics...) an unusually pinchable bottom that few mortals could resist...

    Men can be pretty pathetic creatures 'tis true. There is a gap between making an idle (and rude comment), which is just inane and shows stupidity more than anything, and sexual harassment; pinching a fellow office workers bottom falls into this category.

    Re the vid in the OP, just lots of saddos around, sadly...
    How do I post these pictures???

  18. #18
    Thailand Expat cyrille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:42 PM
    Posts
    17,665
    “We got a fair amount of white guys, but for whatever reason, a lot of what they said was in passing, or off camera,”
    Whereas the black guys openly harassed at considerable length.

    Of course it isn't a 'survey', but it's amusing that the people who made this video are running so hard from the obvious conclusion: that the blacks and latinos were far more up front and persistent, and therefore more obnoxious, than the white guys

  19. #19
    splendid and tremendous
    somtamslap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Last Online
    08-12-2019 @ 06:30 PM
    Location
    Down on the farm
    Posts
    13,628
    Funny as fuck!!

    First 35 seconds the comments all have an African-American twang: Hey, Baby; God bless you mami; Hey Beautiful.

    Enter the white geek @40 seconds: "Have a nice evening"

  20. #20
    Thailand Expat
    wasabi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Last Online
    28-10-2019 @ 03:54 AM
    Location
    England
    Posts
    10,958
    Good on her for exposing blatant sexism in America.
    Now Lady make a video of yourself strolling down " Walking Street " in Pattaya

  21. #21
    Banned

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Online
    14-08-2015 @ 05:39 PM
    Location
    Ex-Pat Refugee in Thailand
    Posts
    9,579
    Bigots you say Landreth...

  22. #22
    Thailand Expat
    pseudolus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Online
    14-10-2019 @ 04:04 AM
    Location
    On the range
    Posts
    17,613
    Quote Originally Posted by wasabi View Post
    Good on her for exposing blatant sexism in America.
    Now Lady make a video of yourself strolling down " Walking Street " in Pattaya
    Men tend to like it. They feel flattered by it as it never happens in real life and only on their holidays. Therefore, do we assume that because men like it, women must too? I am guilty of it sometimes, but usually when caught of guard by a grade A 10/10 stunner and out of my mouth comes "farking 'ell" or a "Jaisus" but nothing more than that. The other problem for women is that some of them are susceptible to it. KNow a guy who drinks in LKF who standing out side having a smoke would say "alright cheeky" to every cute girl that passed. Most nights he would get a few phone numbers.
    Originally Posted by bsnub "No wonder I drive a tesla"

  23. #23
    Thailand Expat
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Last Online
    01-05-2019 @ 07:17 AM
    Posts
    4,219
    They ask for money at the end for 'ending street harassment'; are things really so fucked up that you cant say have a nice evening or hi to a girl you fancy in passing without it being labelled harassment; its a bit pathetic agreed, but wtf. Which presumably means they will try to get a law passed banning talking to women unless specifically invited to do so.

    It wont be long before men have to avert their eyes, gaze at the ground and become silent when a woman passes by as doing anything else amounts to 'harassment'.

    there were a few freaky guys in that vid., but unless they touch her what is society supposed to do about it?

    the woman herself could just wear a light jacket and cover her ass and tits and 80% of this so called 'harrasment' would vanish, and there was less than 2 minutes of it in 10 hours.

    And the video itself has some very racist undertones. Weird stuff.

  24. #24
    Custom user Neverna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Behind a rhododendron bush
    Posts
    18,037
    Quote Originally Posted by longway View Post
    there were a few freaky guys in that vid., but unless they touch her what is society supposed to do about it?

    the woman herself could just wear a light jacket and cover her ass and tits and 80% of this so called 'harrasment' would vanish, and there was less than 2 minutes of it in 10 hours.
    ^ Yep, if she had been dressed more conservatively, she'd have had much less sexual harassment.

    I recommend ...


  25. #25
    Thailand Expat
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Last Online
    01-05-2019 @ 07:17 AM
    Posts
    4,219
    ^ I thought the obvious trope would trotted out. As predicted.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •