Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 71
  1. #1
    Thailand Expat Pragmatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Last but who gives a shit.
    Posts
    11,866

    Fcuking Thai school (My rant)

    Schools closed for 10 weeks holiday. My kids went back to school 15 May. My eldest daughter is 6 and because the lazy bastard teachers hadn't done a time-table for each day my daughter has to bring home, and take back, every school day, 31 fcuking books. She, and others are not allowed to leave them at the school. WTF are they on?
    My daughter cannot carry 31 fcuking books and we had to buy her one of those luggage trolly things. Are Thai fcuking teachers educated? Fcuking numpties.

  2. #2
    Thailand Expat
    Albert Shagnastier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Online
    22-03-2015 @ 09:09 PM
    Location
    City of Angels
    Posts
    7,164
    Get your kids out of shit schools.

    Shit schools have teachers even less knowledgeable than your 6 year old.

  3. #3
    Thailand Expat Pragmatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Last but who gives a shit.
    Posts
    11,866
    This one is a Catholic private school.

  4. #4
    Banned

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Online
    03-06-2014 @ 09:01 PM
    Posts
    27,545
    Simply, they don't give a fcuk.
    This applies to private as well as govt schooling.

    Find an educational program for your babies that will be sufficient for all.

  5. #5
    Can I still change this?
    Bogon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 02:32 PM
    Posts
    4,690
    31 books!

    How many subjects does a 6 year old study!

    Gonna check my bookcase out and see how many books I have sitting around.

    --EDIT--

    If your 6 year old has Salman Rusdie's Satanic Verses or any dystopian fiction, then I will give her a good price.

    Also interested in the trolley if still in good condition with service history and a decent set of tires.

    Jeeze, makes you weep how these kids are force fed info.
    Black diamonds? I shit 'em.

  6. #6
    POTUS HOCUS
    david44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Online
    12-10-2019 @ 11:14 AM
    Location
    Inner Wrongholia
    Posts
    13,668
    Catholic Kindlefiddlers may have a daily date 31 covers their monthly salary.

    Seriously I'd be surprised if there isnt some neighbouring gran who happy to park them for 100 baht a month.Or hometeach but then the conformity conditioning would be lost.If you have the funds an International Boarding School for teens in USA or UK Oz would ensure English proficiency a wrld view and then the world is their oyster .I realize this isn't chap or possible for all.
    I used to have a job at a calendar factory.
    I got the sack because
    I took a couple of days off.

  7. #7
    Banned

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Online
    03-06-2014 @ 09:01 PM
    Posts
    27,545
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogon View Post
    31 books!

    How many subjects does a 6 year old study!

    Gonna check my bookcase out and see how many books I have sitting around.

    --EDIT--

    If your 6 year old has Salman Rusdie's Satanic Verses or any dystopian fiction, then I will give her a good price.

    Also interested in the trolley if still in good condition with service history and a decent set of tires.

    Jeeze, makes you weep how these kids are force fed info.
    Little bit overwhelmed....
    Starts earlier than that - 4-5 years in some situations.

    Allow kids to be kids first.....and then by 9-10 we can force this proper children's prison theme on them.

  8. #8
    Thailand Expat
    Albert Shagnastier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Online
    22-03-2015 @ 09:09 PM
    Location
    City of Angels
    Posts
    7,164
    Quote Originally Posted by Pragmatic
    This one is a Catholic private school.
    Albeit slightly unpracticle

  9. #9
    Can I still change this?
    Bogon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 02:32 PM
    Posts
    4,690
    Quote Originally Posted by Pragmatic
    This one is a Catholic private school.
    So they are in the habit of taking books home and leaving nun behind.


  10. #10
    I am in Jail

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Online
    05-01-2016 @ 03:54 PM
    Location
    In a Madhouse
    Posts
    5,750
    Pragmatic i rang this morning asked my son was he back at school,asked him everything ok at school told me no we not learning anything because teachers say we have to wait to see whats happening.

    just another day in isaan

    Why the schools were closed is beyond me, sure the little rascals weren't go to overthrow the new govt
    Last edited by Yasojack; 27-05-2014 at 09:14 PM.

  11. #11
    Member Drainpipe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Last Online
    13-06-2014 @ 07:19 PM
    Posts
    191
    Quote Originally Posted by Rural Surin
    Little bit overwhelmed.... Starts earlier than that - 4-5 years in some situations. Allow kids to be kids first.....and then by 9-10 we can force this proper children's prison theme on them.
    There is nothing wrong with telling kids information at that age, they are like a sponge and absorb it all

    And they need to learn to read and write, do maths etc, so then they can pick up their own books and find out about the information from different sources

    Then they can tell the teachers they are wrong again

  12. #12
    Thailand Expat
    aging one's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:54 PM
    Posts
    17,480
    Could you do me a favor and list all the books just to see how silly all this is? A six year old, this should be good.

  13. #13
    Banned

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Online
    03-06-2014 @ 09:01 PM
    Posts
    27,545
    Quote Originally Posted by Drainpipe View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rural Surin
    Little bit overwhelmed.... Starts earlier than that - 4-5 years in some situations. Allow kids to be kids first.....and then by 9-10 we can force this proper children's prison theme on them.
    There is nothing wrong with telling kids information at that age, they are like a sponge and absorb it all

    And they need to learn to read and write, do maths etc, so then they can pick up their own books and find out about the information from different sources

    Then they can tell the teachers they are wrong again
    Too late for you, my friend...
    You have drunk their Kool-Aid.

    Sad..

  14. #14
    Thailand Expat
    9999's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Online
    31-05-2018 @ 07:54 PM
    Location
    Hating but living in the 3rd world
    Posts
    5,511
    RS can you elaborate a bit or provide some info please? Interneted in this because my youngest just (almost 3) started going to the nursery part of an international school, intention was to have her playing with other kids her age, but it's way too much like school for my liking, generates a uniform and all and it's a lesson type curriculum, they think I'm disrupting the process coz I pick her up at lunch time.

  15. #15
    Member Drainpipe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Last Online
    13-06-2014 @ 07:19 PM
    Posts
    191
    Quote Originally Posted by Rural Surin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Drainpipe View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rural Surin
    Little bit overwhelmed.... Starts earlier than that - 4-5 years in some situations. Allow kids to be kids first.....and then by 9-10 we can force this proper children's prison theme on them.
    There is nothing wrong with telling kids information at that age, they are like a sponge and absorb it all

    And they need to learn to read and write, do maths etc, so then they can pick up their own books and find out about the information from different sources

    Then they can tell the teachers they are wrong again
    Too late for you, my friend...
    You have drunk their Kool-Aid.

    Sad..

    Did you misinterpret my post on purpose, or did you just ignore the words?

  16. #16
    Thailand Expat
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    60,017
    Quote Originally Posted by 9999 View Post
    RS can you elaborate a bit or provide some info please? Interneted in this because my youngest just (almost 3) started going to the nursery part of an international school, intention was to have her playing with other kids her age, but it's way too much like school for my liking, generates a uniform and all and it's a lesson type curriculum, they think I'm disrupting the process coz I pick her up at lunch time.
    Not even 3 yet?

    Jesus wept, you didnt do your homework, did you?

  17. #17
    I am in Jail

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Last Online
    02-11-2014 @ 11:06 PM
    Posts
    2,799
    Quote Originally Posted by aging one View Post
    Could you do me a favor and list all the books just to see how silly all this is? A six year old, this should be good.
    That does seem a lot of books!

    I'm wondering why they are not allowed to leave book in class

  18. #18
    Thailand Expat
    peterpan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Pleasantville
    Posts
    10,110
    Beats me Dave, My kids each have a truck load of books to carry at beginning of term, I know I carry them.

  19. #19
    Thailand Expat
    can123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Last Online
    19-11-2019 @ 12:23 AM
    Posts
    5,416
    I could read at the age of four because my father taught me. I don't think fathers do that sort of thing these days as it is easier to have illiterate kids and blame the teachers.

  20. #20
    Member
    malcy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Last Online
    07-04-2018 @ 01:16 AM
    Posts
    465
    Quote Originally Posted by can123 View Post
    I could read at the age of four because my father taught me. I don't think fathers do that sort of thing these days as it is easier to have illiterate kids and blame the teachers.
    Or blame it on some made up condition like dyslexia ADHD or whatever gets them the most social , anything but admit their kid might be a bit slow or the fact that they as parents are to fucking lazy or to busy playing some mind numbing game on their phones to actually try and interact with their kids !

  21. #21
    Thailand Expat Pragmatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Last but who gives a shit.
    Posts
    11,866
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravesend Dave View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by aging one View Post
    Could you do me a favor and list all the books just to see how silly all this is? A six year old, this should be good.
    That does seem a lot of books!

    I'm wondering why they are not allowed to leave book in class
    I keep asking my wife 'why they are not allowed to leave their books in class'. I may as well talk to the wall. Typical Thai, too scared to ask. Anyways the missus phoned this morning and the daughters 31 books, tutorial & writing, have been reduced to 15 for today. Still a lot of books to carry to school each day.

  22. #22
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    2,226
    But she's not going to the School on the bus is she, normally kids that age are ferried to and from School by car or van. Still seems a lot of books though, lots of teachers in our family including heads, but I have never seen any real books in any of their homes!

  23. #23
    Thailand Expat cyrille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:26 PM
    Posts
    17,649
    It's always amazed me how Thais start off their education with a backpack crammed with books, and end it at university with a phone and no pen.

  24. #24
    Thailand Expat Pragmatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Last but who gives a shit.
    Posts
    11,866
    Quote Originally Posted by xanax
    But she's not going to the School on the bus is she, normally kids that age are ferried to and from School by car or van
    There is no bus service where I live. Her school is 25km away and she goes by private minibus.

  25. #25
    Thailand Expat
    Troy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:18 PM
    Location
    In the EU
    Posts
    7,858
    Thirty-one books for a six-year-old? You're having us on.

    Take the English text book and leave the rest behind....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •