Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 41
  1. #1
    better looking than Ned
    Rigger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Last Online
    17-01-2018 @ 12:27 PM
    Posts
    7,900

    How does your Wife/GF get along with others

    How does your wife get alone with others ?
    I have found over the years my wife has problems getting along with anyone out side her family, even they struggle at times. Now weather it's a Thai thing or because she is a self-centered cow or unbalanced I am not really sure.
    She is over judge mental about my friends and their wives. Is ok in the initial meeting face to face but soon starts to go down hill quick if they don't live up to her standards.
    Anyone else have this problem.

  2. #2
    Member richie22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Last Online
    19-11-2013 @ 05:54 PM
    Location
    rawai phuket
    Posts
    325
    My GF of 9 years now is very easy going and friendly.Only ever had a problem with a couple of my mates when she saw them with ladies they should not have been with.
    One of my mates GF's is a bit like this seems to think she is hi-so and above speaking to any of us.Does not bother us ,can't be doing with people like this and just ignore them.
    Feel sorry for my mate though as he only gets invited anywhere if she is not around.

  3. #3
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    2,226
    Often starts out OK and friend of the month then goes onto somebody else. She spent two hours arguing with a neighbour 'friend' across the road last week who had been 'gossiping' about her. Now she has a new best friend around the corner, lets see how long that lasts. They always seem to have a competition about how much they have, how much husbands give them etc, which often causes a few problems for me!

  4. #4
    Thailand Expat Pragmatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Last but who gives a shit.
    Posts
    11,798
    Quote Originally Posted by richie22
    One of my mates GF's is a bit like this seems to think she is hi-so and above speaking to any of us.
    That too is my missus pet hate. From being a bargirl, piece of shit one minute, to I'm richer than you attitude.

  5. #5
    better looking than Ned
    Rigger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Last Online
    17-01-2018 @ 12:27 PM
    Posts
    7,900
    It's not a hi so or class thing with her from what I have seen.
    Last edited by Rigger; 21-06-2013 at 01:34 PM.

  6. #6
    Thailand Expat
    pseudolus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Online
    14-10-2019 @ 04:04 AM
    Location
    On the range
    Posts
    17,613
    Quote Originally Posted by Rigger
    It's not a hi so or class thing with her from what I have seen.
    So what is it then? Screw loose? Insanely jealous? lacking in self confidence?

  7. #7
    Thailand Expat Pragmatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Last but who gives a shit.
    Posts
    11,798
    May be Rigger, your missus thinks she's a cut above the rest?

  8. #8
    Thailand Expat terry57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:18 PM
    Posts
    26,241
    Must be a maddening existence living with a person who is like this.

    I could not do it. Drive me foking nuts.

  9. #9
    better looking than Ned
    Rigger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Last Online
    17-01-2018 @ 12:27 PM
    Posts
    7,900
    Quote Originally Posted by pseudolus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rigger
    It's not a hi so or class thing with her from what I have seen.
    So what is it then? Screw loose? Insanely jealous? lacking in self confidence?
    I think it has lot to do with always been protected by family and not socializing out side the family much, sort of like Social inbreeding when younger.
    Insanely jealous of people that take up my time (maybe)
    There is no lacking in self confidence
    Screw loose, well she is female and Thai

  10. #10
    En route
    Cujo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:10 AM
    Location
    Reality.
    Posts
    28,639
    My wife loves everyone and gets on fine. (Thanks for asking)

  11. #11
    Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:14 PM
    Posts
    801
    No idea what the OP on about. Still to meet one that act like that.

    Mine is superb, and a great laugh to have around. Even buy beers from time to time!

  12. #12
    Gohills flip-flops wearer
    withnallstoke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Online
    29-10-2019 @ 02:29 AM
    Location
    The Felcher Memorial Home.
    Posts
    14,275
    My missus hates me more than most, ever since i lost the key to the padlock.

    I don't understand it, there is enough slack in the chain for her to shuffle between the kitchen and the bathroom.

    Women eh?

  13. #13
    better looking than Ned
    Rigger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Last Online
    17-01-2018 @ 12:27 PM
    Posts
    7,900
    Quote Originally Posted by Exige View Post
    No idea what the OP on about. Still to meet one that act like that.

    Mine is superb, and a great laugh to have around. Even buy beers from time to time!
    Maybe you don't get out much, I have noticed it's not just my wife that doesn't play nice and have seen it time and time again with groups and clubs where the woman have a hard time getting along.
    But I must admitted my does seem to have a problem of excepting people for who they are and wouldn't by a beer for anyone unless you are family.

  14. #14
    I am in Jail
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Online
    30-05-2014 @ 10:48 PM
    Posts
    2,630
    My misses is identical to me. She'll get on with anybody who is nice, friendly, respectful and doesn't have any chips on their shoulder or tedious insecurities.

    So many Thai woman with Farang husbands are not all the ticket, so slowly but surely she'll distance herself from some people and remain tight with a few others. Doesn't argue or fight with them, just has fuck all to do with them.

    Sounds like your misses is just stuck in her ways and as you mentioned jealousy could be a factor. Does she ever accuse your mates girlfriends of being sluts or wanting to sleep with you?

  15. #15
    Banned

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Online
    03-06-2014 @ 09:01 PM
    Posts
    27,545
    Quote Originally Posted by Pragmatic View Post
    May be Rigger, your missus thinks she's a cut above the rest?
    Perhaps she reflects her hubby's general character.

    We need to look at ourselves first before casting character flaws towards others.

  16. #16
    Banned

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Online
    03-06-2014 @ 09:01 PM
    Posts
    27,545
    Quote Originally Posted by terry57 View Post
    Must be a maddening existence living with a person who is like this.

    I could not do it. Drive me foking nuts.
    Must give fabulous head, huh Ter?

  17. #17
    better looking than Ned
    Rigger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Last Online
    17-01-2018 @ 12:27 PM
    Posts
    7,900
    Quote Originally Posted by Rural Surin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pragmatic View Post
    May be Rigger, your missus thinks she's a cut above the rest?
    Perhaps she reflects her hubby's general character.

    We need to look at ourselves first before casting character flaws towards others.
    I think I am pretty easy going and do not judge people beyond normal human standards

  18. #18
    Thailand Expat
    ShrewedPunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    4,351
    Quote Originally Posted by xanax View Post
    Often starts out OK and friend of the month then goes onto somebody else. She spent two hours arguing with a neighbour 'friend' across the road last week who had been 'gossiping' about her. Now she has a new best friend around the corner, lets see how long that lasts. They always seem to have a competition about how much they have, how much husbands give them etc, which often causes a few problems for me!
    Ain't it obvious she's with you for your wallet?

  19. #19
    Tonguin for a beer
    Bung's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Online
    25-09-2016 @ 09:58 PM
    Location
    Wat Bung
    Posts
    3,845
    I think it boils down to the fact that all Thai women are somewhat......how to say......Fokked in the head.

    You would never have that problem with a dog.

  20. #20
    Gohills flip-flops wearer
    withnallstoke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Online
    29-10-2019 @ 02:29 AM
    Location
    The Felcher Memorial Home.
    Posts
    14,275
    Quote Originally Posted by Bung
    You would never have that problem with a dog.
    My dog barked at everyone.

    One day he was bested by a Thai woman wielding a bad attitude.

    He barked no more.

  21. #21
    Member Thaimato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Last Online
    29-07-2018 @ 07:34 PM
    Location
    In the middle of nowhere, yummie
    Posts
    194
    My missus is fine - gets along with most people, but BEWARE the occasional ones that she gets het up about.

    Their lives ain't worth shit and she definitely won't have anything to do with them - especially the female ones.

    She must be getting old', as she nowadays actually 'tolerates' a couple of people she doesn't like (at her work).

    Apart from that - no probs...
    I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

  22. #22
    Gohills flip-flops wearer
    withnallstoke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Online
    29-10-2019 @ 02:29 AM
    Location
    The Felcher Memorial Home.
    Posts
    14,275
    Quote Originally Posted by Thaimato
    het up about.
    Old bastard.

  23. #23
    Thailand Expat Pragmatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Last but who gives a shit.
    Posts
    11,798
    Quote Originally Posted by Rigger
    I think I am pretty easy going and do not judge people beyond normal human standards
    I don't know you but how you see yourself isn't necessary how others see you. There's a guy locally who thinks he's well liked but he's refered to as 'The Manchester Mouth'. I just tollerate him as he means well.

  24. #24
    Neo
    Neo is offline
    Dislocated Member
    Neo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Online
    04-10-2019 @ 01:00 PM
    Location
    Nebuchadnezzar
    Posts
    10,577
    Quote Originally Posted by Rigger View Post
    I have noticed it's not just my wife that doesn't play nice and have seen it time and time again with groups and clubs where the woman have a hard time getting along.
    But I must admitted my does seem to have a problem of excepting people for who they are and wouldn't by a beer for anyone unless you are family.
    Scottish eh..?

  25. #25
    Thailand Expat
    Ozcol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Online
    13-05-2016 @ 11:16 PM
    Location
    Isaan
    Posts
    1,176
    My missus talks to anyone and everyone, in fact I reckon she could talk underwater with a mouthfull of sticky rice.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •