Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 75
  1. #26
    I am in Jail

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Last Online
    02-11-2014 @ 11:06 PM
    Posts
    2,799
    Quote Originally Posted by jamescollister View Post
    Came back from the Dentist a few hours ago. Had one filling, 5 year old had a check and the fluoride thing, 400 Baht all up. Prices still the same, no change from last year. 3,000 Baht for a crown and 5,000 for a root canal and that includes the crown. Prices stuck to the wall.
    My nearest neighbor, about 14 km away just happened to be in Det at the same time. When I said been to the Dentist and only 400 Baht, he said why the hell don't you just go the the twice weekly dentist in the local hospital, it's free.
    No farangs out this far, so they just treat you as Thais, too much paper work otherwise. Jim
    In my experience you are better off going to the dentist at the local hospital

    True if you are on a house book they will see you for free,any work or medication wont be free but a far nicer price!

    I could be wrong Jim but the staff at the hospitals can handle the paperwork of a falang!

  2. #27
    Thailand Expat
    jamescollister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:56 PM
    Location
    Bunthrik Ubon
    Posts
    4,757
    GD sure the hospital could figure out the paper work if the need be, but as there is only me and the other farang in the district not a lot of need to. Jim

  3. #28
    I am in Jail

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Online
    15-10-2015 @ 09:55 PM
    Posts
    854
    Quote Originally Posted by withnallstoke View Post
    There is a reason 7/11 give straws and bags with everything.

    Teeth should be fucked off into the bag, and straws employed henceforth for the dual employ of supping soup and felching.

    u r a sick fuck

  4. #29
    I am in Jail

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Online
    05-01-2016 @ 03:54 PM
    Location
    In a Madhouse
    Posts
    5,750
    The locals clinics around by us do it for 20 baht last i heard though, you have to suffer the pain, no needles no nothing just pair of pliers.

    Wife went there once many years ago she never told me no needle,as i was watching i said you not getting nothing to numb pain she said no i said lets go Yasothon, she was very happy.

  5. #30
    Thailand Expat
    boloa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Surin
    Posts
    3,878
    ^ A quote from Wiki

    Dental Torture techniques typically include disembodying or damaging of any part of the mouth (i.e. gums, tongue, teeth, etc.) without anesthesia, and may involve the misuse of dental equipment. This could include using needles or other sharp and/or otherwise painful apparatus to intentionally damage the victim.

    Dental torture tends to be greatly feared due to the intense pain it is capable of inflicting, as well as the non-regenerative nature of mature teeth. Damage resulting from dental torture can also make eating and drinking excruciatingly painful or difficult. Dental torture techniques can be numerous, depending on the creativity of the torturer. Inclusion of non-dental materials, such as nails, is sometimes used to increase the pain inflicted.

    Dental torture is usually considered a crime, punishable by most if not all law enforcement agencies. Penalties for dental torture may range from fines, to jail time, or even execution depending on location and the severity of the torture.

    ----------------------

    You could always try this with your Pick-up Jack

    Big Ol' Lucky Ol' Al.

  6. #31
    Tax Consultant
    Thormaturge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    9,891
    ^

    I'm surprised UK dentists aren't all locked up after reading that.
    I see fish. They are everywhere. They don't know they are fish.

  7. #32
    Thailand Expat
    jamescollister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:56 PM
    Location
    Bunthrik Ubon
    Posts
    4,757
    Quote Originally Posted by boloa View Post
    ^ A quote from Wiki

    Dental Torture techniques typically include disembodying or damaging of any part of the mouth (i.e. gums, tongue, teeth, etc.) without anesthesia, and may involve the misuse of dental equipment. This could include using needles or other sharp and/or otherwise painful apparatus to intentionally damage the victim.

    Dental torture tends to be greatly feared due to the intense pain it is capable of inflicting, as well as the non-regenerative nature of mature teeth. Damage resulting from dental torture can also make eating and drinking excruciatingly painful or difficult. Dental torture techniques can be numerous, depending on the creativity of the torturer. Inclusion of non-dental materials, such as nails, is sometimes used to increase the pain inflicted.

    Dental torture is usually considered a crime, punishable by most if not all law enforcement agencies. Penalties for dental torture may range from fines, to jail time, or even execution depending on location and the severity of the torture.

    --

    You could always try this with your Pick-up Jack

    Have to keep up with the times, we in the west don't resort to such things, too brutal. Now in enhanced interrogation, besides water boarding, you can use small electrodes placed on individual teeth. Same pain out come, but no damage. The old way once you ran out of teeth it was over. The new way you can cycle throught the teeth, for years if need be. It's not torture really, as you do no long term damage, so it's OK. Jim

  8. #33
    I am in Jail

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Last Online
    02-11-2014 @ 11:06 PM
    Posts
    2,799
    Quote Originally Posted by jamescollister View Post
    GD sure the hospital could figure out the paper work if the need be, but as there is only me and the other farang in the district not a lot of need to. Jim
    There would still be some kind of charge surely!

    Sorry which province is your village in?

  9. #34
    Thailand Expat
    boloa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Surin
    Posts
    3,878
    I have a yellow House book and went to the Dentist at the local Hospital,At first they said it was free then after my first treatment they said I had to pay.
    The Hospital Dentist gave me a filling and I asked for a jab to numb the pain,she just laughed and called me a baby.
    That is when I decided not to go back for more treatment and go to a real Dentist in Town instead !!!
    I'm sorry but pain just don't float my boat
    Big Ol' Lucky Ol' Al.

  10. #35
    Thailand Expat
    jamescollister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:56 PM
    Location
    Bunthrik Ubon
    Posts
    4,757
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravesend Dave View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jamescollister View Post
    GD sure the hospital could figure out the paper work if the need be, but as there is only me and the other farang in the district not a lot of need to. Jim
    There would still be some kind of charge surely!

    Sorry which province is your village in?
    I'm in Issan, our nearest city is 140 KM away Ubon. We are on the land border with Lao, lots of jungle. There are only 2 farangs in a 20 KM radius and everything is free, but you pay for the express service.
    It's the same Dentists that work the public system that have private practices in the bigger towns. The Government pays for their education and they must work in the public system, for what ever time to repay the debt. Out here it is free if you want to wait for free dental, it is is a hell of a lot shorter then Australia, here may be 5 or 6 hours, in OZ 4 or 5 years.
    Have had friends come over to have work done, most have checked out BKK clinics that do westerners, not that cheap. When they ask me prices out here and I tell them they can't believe it, yet the Dentists trained in the same Unis as the up market places. Jim

  11. #36
    I am in Jail

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Last Online
    02-11-2014 @ 11:06 PM
    Posts
    2,799
    Quote Originally Posted by jamescollister View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravesend Dave View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jamescollister View Post
    GD sure the hospital could figure out the paper work if the need be, but as there is only me and the other farang in the district not a lot of need to. Jim
    There would still be some kind of charge surely!

    Sorry which province is your village in?
    I'm in Issan, our nearest city is 140 KM away Ubon. We are on the land border with Lao, lots of jungle. There are only 2 farangs in a 20 KM radius and everything is free, but you pay for the express service.
    It's the same Dentists that work the public system that have private practices in the bigger towns. The Government pays for their education and they must work in the public system, for what ever time to repay the debt. Out here it is free if you want to wait for free dental, it is is a hell of a lot shorter then Australia, here may be 5 or 6 hours, in OZ 4 or 5 years.
    Have had friends come over to have work done, most have checked out BKK clinics that do westerners, not that cheap. When they ask me prices out here and I tell them they can't believe it, yet the Dentists trained in the same Unis as the up market places. Jim
    The village I stayed in was also near the Lao border about 10 k away Jungle covered mountains and isolated rural land.
    It came under the province of Nong Khai

    I never had express service but the wait was no where near 5 to 6 hours!
    About 10 minutes

    I am aware you are in Issan but would like to know what province.
    What is your immigration office would also answer my question
    Thanks Dave

  12. #37
    I am in Jail

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Last Online
    02-11-2014 @ 11:06 PM
    Posts
    2,799
    Quote Originally Posted by Yasojack View Post
    The locals clinics around by us do it for 20 baht last i heard though, you have to suffer the pain, no needles no nothing just pair of pliers.

    Wife went there once many years ago she never told me no needle,as i was watching i said you not getting nothing to numb pain she said no i said lets go Yasothon, she was very happy.
    Sorry mate but I'm having none of that unless your going back a few years or went to see the local bike mechanic.

  13. #38
    Thailand Expat
    DrAndy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Last Online
    25-03-2014 @ 05:29 PM
    Location
    yes
    Posts
    32,028
    Quote Originally Posted by Thormaturge View Post
    ^

    I'm surprised UK dentists aren't all locked up after reading that.

    I used to have a lovely woman dentist with large soft breasts

    she would lay my head against them when she felt the need

    mind you, she was not an NHS dentist
    I have reported your post

  14. #39
    I am in Jail

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Online
    05-01-2016 @ 03:54 PM
    Location
    In a Madhouse
    Posts
    5,750
    Not sure why not as Boloa has posted he was offered work done but no jab, this clinic has no dentist its a family health clinic, and done by a nurse.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gravesend Dave View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Yasojack View Post
    The locals clinics around by us do it for 20 baht last i heard though, you have to suffer the pain, no needles no nothing just pair of pliers.

    Wife went there once many years ago she never told me no needle,as i was watching i said you not getting nothing to numb pain she said no i said lets go Yasothon, she was very happy.
    Sorry mate but I'm having none of that unless your going back a few years or went to see the local bike mechanic.

  15. #40
    Thailand Expat
    boloa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Surin
    Posts
    3,878
    Rule #1.... never go to a gay dentist and ask him to fill your cavity
    Big Ol' Lucky Ol' Al.

  16. #41
    Thailand Expat
    boloa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Surin
    Posts
    3,878
    Quote Originally Posted by Yasojack View Post
    Not sure why not as Boloa has posted he was offered work done but no jab, this clinic has no dentist its a family health clinic, and done by a nurse.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gravesend Dave View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Yasojack View Post
    The locals clinics around by us do it for 20 baht last i heard though, you have to suffer the pain, no needles no nothing just pair of pliers.

    Wife went there once many years ago she never told me no needle,as i was watching i said you not getting nothing to numb pain she said no i said lets go Yasothon, she was very happy.
    Sorry mate but I'm having none of that unless your going back a few years or went to see the local bike mechanic.
    They did say they would give me a jab for an extraction......but by that time I had lost all confidence in them !!!
    Big Ol' Lucky Ol' Al.

  17. #42
    I am in Jail

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Last Online
    02-11-2014 @ 11:06 PM
    Posts
    2,799
    Quote Originally Posted by Yasojack View Post
    Not sure why not as Boloa has posted he was offered work done but no jab, this clinic has no dentist its a family health clinic, and done by a nurse.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gravesend Dave View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Yasojack View Post
    The locals clinics around by us do it for 20 baht last i heard though, you have to suffer the pain, no needles no nothing just pair of pliers.

    Wife went there once many years ago she never told me no needle,as i was watching i said you not getting nothing to numb pain she said no i said lets go Yasothon, she was very happy.
    Sorry mate but I'm having none of that unless your going back a few years or went to see the local bike mechanic.
    That would be a general clinic then I guess where you would find a Doctor,I was under the impression we was on the subject of dentists,private or in the local Thai hospitals.

    Sorry mate my mistake!

  18. #43
    Thailand Expat
    jamescollister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:56 PM
    Location
    Bunthrik Ubon
    Posts
    4,757
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravesend Dave View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jamescollister View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravesend Dave View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jamescollister View Post
    GD sure the hospital could figure out the paper work if the need be, but as there is only me and the other farang in the district not a lot of need to. Jim
    There would still be some kind of charge surely!

    Sorry which province is your village in?
    I'm in Issan, our nearest city is 140 KM away Ubon. We are on the land border with Lao, lots of jungle. There are only 2 farangs in a 20 KM radius and everything is free, but you pay for the express service.
    It's the same Dentists that work the public system that have private practices in the bigger towns. The Government pays for their education and they must work in the public system, for what ever time to repay the debt. Out here it is free if you want to wait for free dental, it is is a hell of a lot shorter then Australia, here may be 5 or 6 hours, in OZ 4 or 5 years.
    Have had friends come over to have work done, most have checked out BKK clinics that do westerners, not that cheap. When they ask me prices out here and I tell them they can't believe it, yet the Dentists trained in the same Unis as the up market places. Jim
    The village I stayed in was also near the Lao border about 10 k away Jungle covered mountains and isolated rural land.
    It came under the province of Nong Khai

    I never had express service but the wait was no where near 5 to 6 hours!
    About 10 minutes

    I am aware you are in Issan but would like to know what province.
    What is your immigration office would also answer my question
    Thanks Dave
    Don't think that's a land border, I'm south of Buntharik turn left at Hua Kar, village is Ban Sang Hom. Hua Kar is the nearest place with a small hospital. Not 24 hours though. I'm the blue roof if you have Google earth. Jim

  19. #44
    I am in Jail

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Last Online
    02-11-2014 @ 11:06 PM
    Posts
    2,799
    Quote Originally Posted by boloa View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Yasojack View Post
    Not sure why not as Boloa has posted he was offered work done but no jab, this clinic has no dentist its a family health clinic, and done by a nurse.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gravesend Dave View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Yasojack View Post
    The locals clinics around by us do it for 20 baht last i heard though, you have to suffer the pain, no needles no nothing just pair of pliers.

    Wife went there once many years ago she never told me no needle,as i was watching i said you not getting nothing to numb pain she said no i said lets go Yasothon, she was very happy.
    Sorry mate but I'm having none of that unless your going back a few years or went to see the local bike mechanic.
    They did say they would give me a jab for an extraction......but by that time I had lost all confidence in them !!!
    The Dental treatment I received at the local Thai hospital left me wondering why I had not gone there to start with.
    Sure we will all have different experiences and views.

  20. #45
    I am in Jail

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Online
    05-01-2016 @ 03:54 PM
    Location
    In a Madhouse
    Posts
    5,750
    not a problem

    Quote Originally Posted by Gravesend Dave View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Yasojack View Post
    The locals clinics around by us do it for 20 baht last i heard though, you have to suffer the pain, no needles no nothing just pair of pliers.

    Wife went there once many years ago she never told me no needle,as i was watching i said you not getting nothing to numb pain she said no i said lets go Yasothon, she was very happy.
    Sorry mate but I'm having none of that unless your going back a few years or went to see the local bike mechanic.

  21. #46
    I am in Jail

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Last Online
    02-11-2014 @ 11:06 PM
    Posts
    2,799
    Quote Originally Posted by jamescollister View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravesend Dave View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jamescollister View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravesend Dave View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jamescollister View Post
    GD sure the hospital could figure out the paper work if the need be, but as there is only me and the other farang in the district not a lot of need to. Jim
    There would still be some kind of charge surely!

    Sorry which province is your village in?
    I'm in Issan, our nearest city is 140 KM away Ubon. We are on the land border with Lao, lots of jungle. There are only 2 farangs in a 20 KM radius and everything is free, but you pay for the express service.
    It's the same Dentists that work the public system that have private practices in the bigger towns. The Government pays for their education and they must work in the public system, for what ever time to repay the debt. Out here it is free if you want to wait for free dental, it is is a hell of a lot shorter then Australia, here may be 5 or 6 hours, in OZ 4 or 5 years.
    Have had friends come over to have work done, most have checked out BKK clinics that do westerners, not that cheap. When they ask me prices out here and I tell them they can't believe it, yet the Dentists trained in the same Unis as the up market places. Jim
    The village I stayed in was also near the Lao border about 10 k away Jungle covered mountains and isolated rural land.
    It came under the province of Nong Khai

    I never had express service but the wait was no where near 5 to 6 hours!
    About 10 minutes

    I am aware you are in Issan but would like to know what province.
    What is your immigration office would also answer my question
    Thanks Dave
    Don't think that's a land border, I'm south of Buntharik turn left at Hua Kar, village is Ban Sang Hom. Hua Kar is the nearest place with a small hospital. Not 24 hours though. I'm the blue roof if you have Google earth. Jim
    No Sang Khom Is bordered by Laos by the Mekong River sorry I missed the land bit in your post.
    will have a look thanks Dave
    Just out of interest how far is your immigration point for the three month sigh in?

  22. #47
    Thailand Expat
    jamescollister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:56 PM
    Location
    Bunthrik Ubon
    Posts
    4,757
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravesend Dave View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jamescollister View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravesend Dave View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jamescollister View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravesend Dave View Post

    There would still be some kind of charge surely!

    Sorry which province is your village in?
    I'm in Issan, our nearest city is 140 KM away Ubon. We are on the land border with Lao, lots of jungle. There are only 2 farangs in a 20 KM radius and everything is free, but you pay for the express service.
    It's the same Dentists that work the public system that have private practices in the bigger towns. The Government pays for their education and they must work in the public system, for what ever time to repay the debt. Out here it is free if you want to wait for free dental, it is is a hell of a lot shorter then Australia, here may be 5 or 6 hours, in OZ 4 or 5 years.
    Have had friends come over to have work done, most have checked out BKK clinics that do westerners, not that cheap. When they ask me prices out here and I tell them they can't believe it, yet the Dentists trained in the same Unis as the up market places. Jim
    The village I stayed in was also near the Lao border about 10 k away Jungle covered mountains and isolated rural land.
    It came under the province of Nong Khai

    I never had express service but the wait was no where near 5 to 6 hours!
    About 10 minutes

    I am aware you are in Issan but would like to know what province.
    What is your immigration office would also answer my question
    Thanks Dave
    Don't think that's a land border, I'm south of Buntharik turn left at Hua Kar, village is Ban Sang Hom. Hua Kar is the nearest place with a small hospital. Not 24 hours though. I'm the blue roof if you have Google earth. Jim
    No Sang Khom Is bordered by Laos by the Mekong River sorry I missed the land bit in your post.
    will have a look thanks Dave
    Just out of interest how far is your immigration point for the three month sigh in?
    Chong Mek, around 70 Km north. Jim

  23. #48
    disturbance in the Turnip baldrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:29 PM
    Location
    Heidleberg
    Posts
    21,898
    Quote Originally Posted by boloa
    My Dentist in Surin
    I have been using that "smile" clinic next to the canal.
    they took a wisdom tooth out for me in February - I asked for an x-ray first , they have a modern machine for it.

    no problems at all , and pricing is good

  24. #49
    Tax Consultant
    Thormaturge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    9,891
    After a horrendous experience with a Thai dentist more than ten years ago I have been using Asanavant in Thong Lo ever since. I heartily recommend them although it probably isn't a good idea to have teeth pulled just for the fun of it.

    Yesterday evening I had a back tooth removed. I have long roots but after about ten minutes the offending tooth was removed and a few stitches added.

    Painless procedure thanks to the proper application of Novocaine and there is no pain this morning. Eating normally.

    Cost ThB 3,500 but after experiencing a cut-price regular dentist here I would rather suffer the pain of handing over money to a real dentist than risk meeting Josef Mengele again.
    I see fish. They are everywhere. They don't know they are fish.

  25. #50
    Being chased by sloths DJ Pat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Last Online
    06-10-2018 @ 05:27 PM
    Posts
    18,781
    Had a wisdom tooth out last week, came out clean with no local anasthetic. Bled for about an hour. Only downside was hearing it creak my jawbone as it was pulled!

    Then again wisdom tooth wasn't impacted or growing sideways.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •