Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 61
  1. #1
    Thailand Expat
    aging one's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:04 PM
    Posts
    17,455

    Write it then delete

    I have noticed over the past month or so I have typed out many a comment only to have a second thought and delete it. I really dont know why. I do know sometimes its alcohol.

    Anyone else notice they are composing, typing, and then just saying fcuk it, and deleting what you have written. Or is it just me.

  2. #2
    I am in Jail

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Online
    04-08-2012 @ 01:09 AM
    Posts
    2,589
    Erm, no, I wish I did sometimes though.

    I think I'm gonna start hiding the batteries in my keyboard after 10 PM

  3. #3
    Thailand Expat
    Kurgen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Last Online
    02-12-2019 @ 12:05 PM
    Location
    Shitsville
    Posts
    8,811
    I go to post then one of my personalities will start arguing with another and after a while I just say fukk it and shut down, am I normal ?

  4. #4
    Member
    fiddler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:23 PM
    Posts
    403
    Just did it. Seriously.
    Gotta watch what you say anymore.
    Everybody is watching these days.

  5. #5
    Member
    Bettyboo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:26 PM
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    31,054
    ^^ you're not normal.

    ^^&^^^^ I suspect this is common behaviour; we start being kind and not wanting to offend other posters; I do it all the time...

  6. #6
    Thailand Expat
    peterpan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Pleasantville
    Posts
    10,110
    Its called alz.............. something, Ive forgotten the name,

  7. #7
    Party Animal!
    Fuzzy Bob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Online
    10-05-2012 @ 09:17 PM
    Location
    Wirral
    Posts
    2,084
    *Deleted*

  8. #8
    Thailand Expat superman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Online
    30-03-2013 @ 10:45 AM
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Posts
    4,655
    Quote Originally Posted by aging one
    I have noticed over the past month or so I have typed out many a comment only to have a second thought and delete it. I really dont know why.
    I do it regularly. Reason is because what I've written will get someones back up and I can do without a slanging match.

  9. #9
    Thailand Expat
    aging one's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:04 PM
    Posts
    17,455
    thanks for the quick responses.

  10. #10
    Excitable Boy
    FailSafe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Depends on your point of view...
    Posts
    6,637
    Sometimes you realize you've just typed a post in response to something idiotic that will pull you into a ridiculous shit-fight that will waste your time unnecessarily (and come to no satisfying conclusion) so you say, 'Fuck it- it's not worth it' and delete it instead.

  11. #11
    I'm in Jail

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:59 PM
    Posts
    26,266
    I must say that I delete a post very rarely. I do like to convey that I am human and sometimes think dumb shit shit hence whilst I very rarely fight with posters these days.

    Its good to liberate ones self by realizing that sometimes ones opinions are shit.

    Ive been contributing to Teak Door many years and have semi matured along with this forum.

    Thats a debatable point.

  12. #12
    Thailand Expat
    DrAndy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Last Online
    25-03-2014 @ 05:29 PM
    Location
    yes
    Posts
    32,028
    Quote Originally Posted by superman
    I do it regularly. Reason is because what I've written will get someones back up and I can do without a slanging match.
    no, it's not that, it is because you are a......

  13. #13
    Thailand Expat
    DrAndy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Last Online
    25-03-2014 @ 05:29 PM
    Location
    yes
    Posts
    32,028
    Quote Originally Posted by terry57 View Post
    I must say that I delete a post very rarely. I do like to convey that I am human and sometimes think dumb shit shit hence whilst I very rarely fight with posters these days.

    Its good to liberate ones self by realizing that sometimes ones opinions are shit.

    Ive been contributing to Teak Door many years and have semi matured along with this forum.

    Thats a debatable point.

    I think you should have followed AO's lead on that post

  14. #14
    I'm in Jail

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:59 PM
    Posts
    26,266
    ^

    Why would that be Doc ?

    You being a superior poster maybe and beyond redemption ?

  15. #15
    On a walkabout
    Loy Toy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Online
    09-12-2019 @ 06:59 AM
    Posts
    28,682
    I find myself typing a response to one of Smeg's posts and then realize, like he did when he was trying to live in Thailand that I should come to my senses and delete the post as a complete and utter waste of time.

  16. #16
    Philippine Expat Davis Knowlton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    17,880
    I don't do it very often. However the other day, when I was about half way through a very long and detailed response to a snide one-liner from a poster with a brain like a goldfish, I caught myself, mentally said, "What the fuck are you doing?", and deleted it unsent. He wouldn't have understood it anyway. It was, from the beginning, doomed to be a battle of wits with an unarmed man.

  17. #17
    Thailand Expat
    crippen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 04:03 PM
    Location
    Korat
    Posts
    5,210

  18. #18
    Thailand Expat
    SEA Traveler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Last Online
    01-11-2014 @ 09:25 AM
    Location
    Villa Sariano, Phala Beach, Ban Chang, Rayong, Thailand
    Posts
    3,790
    I occasionally will prepare a response that addresses some idiotic post that is totally against my grain and then as others have noted, why bother. I do this mostly because the idiotic post is from a regular poster who's personality is known and realize that they would not be enlightened even with my post.

    So yes AO, this is all supposed to be fun remember.
    "Don't Sweat the Small Stuff....and it is all small stuff"

  19. #19
    Thailand Expat
    aging one's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:04 PM
    Posts
    17,455
    ^ agreed SEA, but at the same time its been on my brain for a while. Add a heavy work load, no holidays and you get this. Now go have a beer in the jacuzzi part of your pool.

  20. #20
    Thailand Expat
    Albert Shagnastier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Online
    22-03-2015 @ 09:09 PM
    Location
    City of Angels
    Posts
    7,164
    It shows that this isn't a throwaway medium and that you respect it - as we all do.

  21. #21
    Thailand Expat
    Marmite the Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Last Online
    08-09-2014 @ 10:43 AM
    Location
    Simian Islands
    Posts
    34,827
    I feel it is my duty as an Englishman to let all of you lesser persons know that you're posting bollocks, and if you get your knickers in a twist because of it, then that's your own fault for not being English, Southern English or ultimately from Bedfordshire.

  22. #22
    Thailand Expat
    DrAndy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Last Online
    25-03-2014 @ 05:29 PM
    Location
    yes
    Posts
    32,028
    Quote Originally Posted by Marmite the Dog
    then that's your own fault for not being English, Southern English or ultimately from London.
    that is what you meant

  23. #23
    Thailand Expat
    Marmite the Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Last Online
    08-09-2014 @ 10:43 AM
    Location
    Simian Islands
    Posts
    34,827
    Quote Originally Posted by DrAndy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Marmite the Dog
    then that's your own fault for not being English, Southern English or ultimately from London.
    that is what you meant
    No. All the cleverer people live in nice big houses in the country, not the smelly city.

    Idiot!

  24. #24
    Thailand Expat
    DrAndy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Last Online
    25-03-2014 @ 05:29 PM
    Location
    yes
    Posts
    32,028
    smelly city!!

    it is pure and lovely

    those so-called "cleverer" people have to travel for hours on smelly trains or M25s to get to work - not so clever

  25. #25
    Thailand Expat
    Latindancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:35 PM
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    12,008
    Quote Originally Posted by aging one View Post

    Anyone else notice they are composing, typing, and then just saying fcuk it, and deleting what you have written. Or is it just me.
    I just don't bother writing anything or thinking of commenting in the first place !

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •