Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 57
  1. #1
    Isle of discombobulation Joe 90's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Mai Arse
    Posts
    12,463

    Ipswich Town thread

    Ipswich Town were founded in 1878 but did not turn professional until 1936; it was subsequently elected to join the Football League in 1938. Ipswich won the English league title in 1961–62, their first season in the top flight, and finished runners-up in 1980–81 and 1981–82. They finished in the top six in the First Division for ten years, with the exception of when they won the FA Cup in 1977–78. Ipswich were a regular competitor in European football and won the UEFA Cup in 1980–81. The club has competed in all three major European club competitions and holds the record as being the only British side to have never lost at home in European competition, having defeated teams such as Real Madrid, AC Milan, Inter Milan, Lazio and Barcelona.[2]
    Ipswich play their home games at Portman Road in Ipswich. They are the only fully professional football club in Suffolk and have a long-standing and fierce rivalry with Norwich City from Norfolk, against whom they have contested the East Anglian derby 148 times since 1902.[


    The Tractor boys could well be heading back to the top flight, a slight hiccup against the Baggies at the weekend .


    Millwall next will.be interesting.


    Shalom

  2. #2
    Isle of discombobulation Joe 90's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Mai Arse
    Posts
    12,463

  3. #3
    Isle of discombobulation Joe 90's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Mai Arse
    Posts
    12,463
    Second in the Championship, could we really see Ipswich return to the top flight?

    It's been a while..

  4. #4
    Hangin' Around cyrille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    33,792
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe 90 View Post
    It's been a while..
    Since you bumped all your old threads on topics you’re not really interested in?


  5. #5
    Member
    Bettyboo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:13 AM
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    34,334
    Surely, everybody is interested in this thread...

  6. #6
    Thailand Expat DrWilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2021
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    11,600
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe 90 View Post
    Ipswich Town were founded in 1878 but did not turn professional until 1936; it was subsequently elected to join the Football League in 1938. Ipswich won the English league title in 1961–62, their first season in the top flight, and finished runners-up in 1980–81 and 1981–82. They finished in the top six in the First Division for ten years, with the exception of when they won the FA Cup in 1977–78. Ipswich were a regular competitor in European football and won the UEFA Cup in 1980–81. The club has competed in all three major European club competitions and holds the record as being the only British side to have never lost at home in European competition, having defeated teams such as Real Madrid, AC Milan, Inter Milan, Lazio and Barcelona.[2]
    Ipswich play their home games at Portman Road in Ipswich. They are the only fully professional football club in Suffolk and have a long-standing and fierce rivalry with Norwich City from Norfolk, against whom they have contested the East Anglian derby 148 times since 1902.[


    The Tractor boys could well be heading back to the top flight, a slight hiccup against the Baggies at the weekend .


    Millwall next will.be interesting.



    A cut n paste from Wikipedia. Cool, how did I miss this gem before?

  7. #7
    Member
    Bettyboo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:13 AM
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    34,334

  8. #8
    Member
    Bettyboo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:13 AM
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    34,334
    Championship goal of the month for December (It's like watching Man City, when they were in their prime, a couple of years ago...):



    We still won't get promoted this season...

  9. #9
    Hangin' Around cyrille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    33,792
    Quote Originally Posted by Bettyboo View Post
    We still won't get promoted this season...
    The things you insist upon these days make so much more sense than the things you used to insist upon.

  10. #10
    Member
    Bettyboo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:13 AM
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    34,334
    Quote Originally Posted by cyrille View Post
    The things you insist upon these days make so much more sense than the things you used to insist upon.
    Hmmm... But, did you like the goal? It's like watching Brazil in the 1970s!

    I don't say this with any pleasure Cyrille, but your lot won't get promoted either. You know the three. By the end of February, the final top three will be in place, we will probably end 4th by a fair few points then your manky lot will likely be next while 6th in anybody's. Leeds will win the playoffs comfortably.
    Cycling should be banned!!!

  11. #11
    Hangin' Around cyrille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    33,792
    I disagree about the word 'comfortably', and feel the team most likely to upset Leeds is Ipswich.

    Honestly, I'd rather we stayed down with new owners and some money to improve the team (a mere 50 million would be something) than got promoted with this [at][at][at][at].

  12. #12
    Member
    Bettyboo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:13 AM
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    34,334
    Leeds have beaten us home and away this season and scored 8 goals in the process - they would be delighted to get us in the playoffs. If we go up, we need at least 6 new players with PL experience and quality (probably more) - we'd be slaughtered up there.

    You beat us easily enough (but, you're coming to Portman Road soon, so I hope we can turn that around). A team like Sunderland or Hull could get into the playoffs and win it (Hull have made good signings this transfer window).

    Yeah, you are still building, you don't have enough all round threat at the moment or a serious attacking threat that'd be effective in the PL. It's tough up there...

  13. #13
    Hangin' Around cyrille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    33,792
    Yeah, the squad is thin and Corberan is doing a brilliant job.

    Search on FootballTransfers.com | FootballTransfers.com

  14. #14
    Member
    Bettyboo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:13 AM
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    34,334
    ^ Interesting.

    On those numbers, it's not surprising that West Brom and Bristol City are flying high above Ipswich in the league...

    Ipswich Town thread-screenshot-2024-01-20-14-10-a

    Ipswich Town thread-screenshot-2024-01-20-14-11-a

    Ipswich Town thread-screenshot-2024-01-20-14-11-a
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ipswich Town thread-screenshot-2024-01-20-14-10-a   Ipswich Town thread-screenshot-2024-01-20-14-11-a   Ipswich Town thread-screenshot-2024-01-20-14-11-a  

  15. #15
    Member
    Bettyboo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:13 AM
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    34,334
    & the painful slide down the table has begun...

    Ipswich Town thread-screenshot-2024-01-20-23-58-a
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ipswich Town thread-screenshot-2024-01-20-23-58-a  

  16. #16
    Isle of discombobulation Joe 90's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Mai Arse
    Posts
    12,463
    You'll probably finish above West Brom if that's any consolation

  17. #17
    Member
    Bettyboo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:13 AM
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    34,334
    7th and 8th at this rate...

  18. #18
    Isle of discombobulation Joe 90's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Mai Arse
    Posts
    12,463
    Ipswich Town thread-screenshot_20240127_223456_facebook-jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ipswich Town thread-screenshot_20240127_223456_facebook-jpg  

  19. #19
    Isle of discombobulation Joe 90's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Mai Arse
    Posts
    12,463
    WtF

  20. #20
    Member
    Bettyboo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:13 AM
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    34,334
    Important stats:

    Shots: many vs Shots: 2
    Goals: 1 vs Goals: 2

    End of...

  21. #21
    Thailand Expat harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    96,779
    Other important stat:

    Ipswich
    .
    .
    .
    (repeat 98 times)
    .
    .
    .
    Maidstone


  22. #22
    . Neverna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    21,258
    The only important stat:


    Goals: 1 v 2


  23. #23
    Thailand Expat helge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    11,916
    Quote Originally Posted by Bettyboo View Post
    Important stats:

    Shots: many vs Shots: 2
    Goals: 1 vs Goals: 2

    End of...


    You wish !


    Football is not like that.

  24. #24
    Member
    Bettyboo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:13 AM
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    34,334
    Goals 1 vs Goals 2. Football is exactly like that.

    Having a million shots vs a team that has 2 shots is worthless if you only score 1 goal while they convert both chances.

    Football is like that.

    (Some strange folk on this website with strange "thinking" processes...)

  25. #25
    Thailand Expat helge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    11,916
    Quote Originally Posted by Bettyboo View Post
    End of...




    Quote Originally Posted by Bettyboo View Post
    Football is like that.

    (Some strange folk on this website with strange "thinking" processes...)
    Really ?

    Like you will remember Mariner for years, this one will "stick".

    Don't let your "dislike" of me for not condoning mass murder in Gaza slip into the footie threads

    We are better than that

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •