Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 126 to 150 of 156
  1. #126
    Hangin' Around cyrille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    29,006
    So it's bye bye to Ronny - contract canceled by mutual consent.


  2. #127
    Thailand Expat
    panama hat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:17 PM
    Location
    Way, Way South of the border now - thank God!
    Posts
    33,246
    He'll be better off elsewhere without the self-imprtant cheesehead. Ronaldo is still a very important contributor and to leave him on the bench out of spite and and give him two minutes as a sub is downright disrespectful. Not a fan of the person but as a player he needs to be admired.

  3. #128
    Praise Jesus
    Edmond's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Cebu
    Posts
    9,053
    As Rooney said, everybody gets old, Ronnie just isn't accepting it very well.


    Ronnymandias.

    I watched a player from a hot, hot land
    Who said: Two vast and trunkless legs of stone
    Stand in the stadium. Near them, on the grass,
    Half sunk, a shattered visage lies, whose chiseled cheeks,
    And wrinkled lip, and sneer of cold command,
    Tell that its sculptor well those passions read
    Which yet survive, stamped on these lifeless things,
    The hand that mocked them and the heart that fed:
    And on the pedestal these words appear:
    "My name is Ronnymandias, king of kings:
    Look on my stats, ye Mighty, and despair!"
    Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
    Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare
    The lone and level pitch stretch far away.

  4. #129
    Hangin' Around cyrille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    29,006
    United average 1 point when Ronaldo starts, and 2.2 points when he doesn't this season.

  5. #130
    Isle of discombobulation Joe 90's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Mai Arse
    Posts
    8,477
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond View Post
    As Rooney said, everybody gets old, Ronnie just isn't accepting it very well.


    Ronnymandias.

    I watched a player from a hot, hot land
    Who said: Two vast and trunkless legs of stone
    Stand in the stadium. Near them, on the grass,
    Half sunk, a shattered visage lies, whose chiseled cheeks,
    And wrinkled lip, and sneer of cold command,
    Tell that its sculptor well those passions read
    Which yet survive, stamped on these lifeless things,
    The hand that mocked them and the heart that fed:
    And on the pedestal these words appear:
    "My name is Ronnymandias, king of kings:
    Look on my stats, ye Mighty, and despair!"
    Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
    Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare
    The lone and level pitch stretch far away.
    Nice c & p

  6. #131
    Thailand Expat
    panama hat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:17 PM
    Location
    Way, Way South of the border now - thank God!
    Posts
    33,246
    Quote Originally Posted by cyrille View Post
    United average 1 point when Ronaldo starts, and 2.2 points when he doesn't this season.
    A lazy person's stats, cyrille (not you, the source of the stats). There are so many parametres to that to make it useless.

    He is still a fantastic player and should be used accordingly.


    Anyway, it'll be interesting to see where he lands . . . who can actually afford him?

  7. #132
    Isle of discombobulation Joe 90's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Mai Arse
    Posts
    8,477
    Quote Originally Posted by panama hat View Post
    Anyway, it'll be interesting to see where he lands . . . who can actually afford him?
    His shirt sales alone would cover the cost of any wages and transfer, even to a shit hole obscure team like West Bromwich Albion

  8. #133
    Hangin' Around cyrille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    29,006
    Quote Originally Posted by panama hat View Post
    it'll be interesting to see where he lands . . . who can actually afford him?
    Who'll be daft enough, crap enough and loaded enough to think it's a good idea?

    Well, the Saudis apparently courted him over the summer.

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe 90 View Post
    His shirt sales alone would cover the cost of any wages and transfer
    Complete bollocks, as usual.


  9. #134
    knows
    hallelujah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:12 AM
    Posts
    10,169
    Quote Originally Posted by panama hat View Post
    He'll be better off elsewhere without the self-imprtant cheesehead. Ronaldo is still a very important contributor and to leave him on the bench out of spite and and give him two minutes as a sub is downright disrespectful. Not a fan of the person but as a player he needs to be admired.
    Have you seen him play this season?

    He'll always be admired - and even still loved for what he's done for us - but admiration alone doesn't warrant a place in the side.

    He's been awful and should have spent even more time on the bench.

    Behaving like a spoiled brat when the legs have started to give up is just further confirmation of this fact.

  10. #135
    Praise Jesus
    Edmond's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Cebu
    Posts
    9,053
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe 90 View Post
    Nice c & p
    Can you surprise us by reeling off the title and central theme of the piece?

  11. #136
    Praise Jesus
    Edmond's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Cebu
    Posts
    9,053
    Speaking of aging.


    Steve McLaren:












    He's only gone and morphed into 8ball.



    It happens to us all.

  12. #137
    Being chased by sloths Backspin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    9,225
    Cristiano Ronaldo ‘agrees PS432m contract’ to join Saudi Arabia side Al Nassr after World Cup | Evening Standard

    Cristiano Ronaldo has agreed a €500 million (432m) contract to join a new club after the World Cup, according to multiple reports.

    Saudi Arabian side Al-Nassr have splashed the cash to lure Ronaldo to the Gulf in an eye-watering deal, with reports on Thursday claiming an initial agreement has been reached.

  13. #138
    Hangin' Around cyrille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    29,006
    Well, that will be paid for by shirt sales, as the world rushes to buy an Al Nasr shirt with the name of a guy pushing 40 on it.

    Well, according to Chitty....




    I see he's now pissing off half of his teammates and the Portugal manager.

  14. #139
    Thailand Expat
    malmomike77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    9,104
    Quote Originally Posted by cyrille View Post
    I see he's now pissing off half of his teammates and the Portugal manager
    won't be for long, he'll have Saudi citizenship inside a year and will be in their 2026 WC squad

  15. #140
    Praise Jesus
    Edmond's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Cebu
    Posts
    9,053
    It will be disappointing if he does. He always said he won't go to China or the Middle-East, or even the US for an end of career payday, and that when his time in the major European leagues with a major European team is up, he will go back to Sporting.


    If he does do something like that, hopefully it will be a case of 100% of his salary is given to charities.

  16. #141
    Thailand Expat helge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    8,794
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond View Post
    If he does do something like that, hopefully it will be a case of 100% of his salary is given to charities.


    Funny

  17. #142
    Thailand Expat
    Iceman123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:11 PM
    Location
    South Australia
    Posts
    5,414
    It’s written in his Saudi contract that he gets to take the ball boys home with him.

  18. #143
    Thailand Expat
    dirk diggler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:15 PM
    Location
    Down South
    Posts
    6,810
    I read differently

    The Cristiano Ronaldo thread-235d3609-8df9-42cb-b7dd-42f94671d891-jpeg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Cristiano Ronaldo thread-235d3609-8df9-42cb-b7dd-42f94671d891-jpeg  

  19. #144
    Thailand Expat
    Shutree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:17 PM
    Location
    One heartbeat away from eternity
    Posts
    3,741
    After last night maybe we can draw this thread to a close.

  20. #145
    On a walkabout Loy Toy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    30,173
    He can kick and control a round ball when its on the ground very well. Sometimes when the round ball is in the air he can stick his head on it so it goes into a rectangular frame sometimes.

    Proven that over many years so lets cut him a break and conclude that he has to be included as a revolutionary human being that changed things for the benefit of human kind by being able to work well with an inflated rubber based ball he has no intellectual claim on.

  21. #146
    Thailand Expat armstrong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    5,658
    He's one of the greatest that's ever played and in my opinion he's struggling to come to terms with his career coming to an end. This must be his last big tournament but I'm not sure he agrees.

  22. #147
    Praise Jesus
    Edmond's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Cebu
    Posts
    9,053
    Quote Originally Posted by armstrong View Post
    He's one of the greatest that's ever played
    Not many have seen hours and hours of Pele play, but would put Ronny at the top of the other 2 greatest evers - Messi n Maradona.

    Being unable to accept aging is just part of his almost psychotic drive to be the best.


    England's all time top scorer, that's younger than him.



    Is a bit more comfortable with it.


    This must be his last big tournament but I'm not sure he agrees.
    Must be his last time playing games for anything that actually matters, never mind big tournaments.

  23. #148
    Thailand Expat
    malmomike77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    9,104
    He's also still not come out

  24. #149
    Praise Jesus
    Edmond's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Cebu
    Posts
    9,053
    ^ You mean he shags grandpas?


    Oh you mean Ronny.

    Yes well, if he does I'm on the first flight over with me baby oil.

  25. #150
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:15 PM
    Location
    Sanur
    Posts
    7,301
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond View Post
    ^ You mean he shags grandpas?


    Oh you mean Ronny.

    Yes well, if he does I'm on the first flight over with me baby oil.
    A very good player in his day. You will have to polish his fragile, aging ego now.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •