Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 245678910111213 LastLast
Results 276 to 300 of 320
  1. #276
    Thailand Expat harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    69,855
    FIA race director Michael Masi says that the Russian GP stewards decided that the original Formula 1 penalty points awarded to Lewis Hamilton was "inappropriate" after a post-race review.

    Hamilton was awarded two five-second time penalties for conducting two practice starts outside the designated zone beyond the pit exit, and both came with an extra penalty point for his licence.

    That put him on 10 penalty points for the ongoing 12 month period, with two more incurred before the Turkish GP automatically triggering a race ban.

    However after the race the stewards spoke to Hamilton and the Mercedes team, and elected to rescind the original points penalties levied.

    Instead, the FIA fined the team €25,000 on the basis that the driver had been told he could use that location for starts.

    "The stewards after the race heard from the team, and the driver of car 44," said Masi.

    "Lewis and Mercedes spoke to the stewards, at which point it was actually a team instruction to Lewis where he could perform the practice starts.

    "On that basis the stewards have just now rescinded the penalty points on both those decisions, because they thought it was inappropriate - and as a result, have fined the team €25,000 for that instruction.

    "Effectively, yes, it was him driving the car.

    "However, a contributing factor was that his team instructed him to do so at that point, and therefore, they saw fit to revise their decision accordingly."
    Another contributing factor was probably Finn Mika Salo telling a Finnish TV station that Hamilton was getting penalty points ten minutes before it was announced and while the investigation was still going on!

  2. #277
    Alpha Monger
    Backspin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:45 AM
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    2,489
    Quote Originally Posted by Shutree View Post
    This thread is about F1 and Lewis is simply the finest F1 driver. Racial epithets and snide remarks about sexuality don't belong in any sport.

    He is simply a more accomplished sportsman than you or I can ever be.
    I never made ONE racial epithet against him.

    A good sportsman exhibits humility. This guy changes his look every 6 months because he's a narcissist. He's obsessed with himself. First it was one ear , then both ears. Then one in the nose. Then 2 in the nose. Now dreadlocks.

    How many times has this guy changed his look

  3. #278
    Member
    Barty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:47 PM
    Location
    Lamlukka
    Posts
    746
    Quote Originally Posted by Backspin View Post
    How many times has this guy changed his look
    At least once.

  4. #279
    Thailand Expat harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    69,855
    Quote Originally Posted by Shutree View Post
    This thread is about F1 and Lewis is simply the finest F1 driver. Racial epithets and snide remarks about sexuality don't belong in any sport.

    He is simply a more accomplished sportsman than you or I can ever be.
    You know skidmark is as bent as a 90 baht note and he fantasises about getting a new arsehole ripped for him by Lewis.

    Silly boy can't control himself.

    He is a worse troll than buttplug, maybe we can get them on a date together, then they can argue over who is going to be the bender and who the stabber.

  5. #280
    Thailand Expat
    Troy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:26 AM
    Location
    In the EU
    Posts
    8,942
    Quote Originally Posted by Backspin View Post
    How many times has this guy changed his look
    Look? He changed into a vegetable...

  6. #281
    Thailand Expat harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    69,855
    Honda is ending its participation in Formula 1 in order to focus its research and development on fuel cells and battery EV technologies, the company announced. It currently builds the turbocharged hybrid power units for Red Bull Racing, which sits in second place in the F1 constructor standings, along with Red Bull’s adjacent team Scuderia AlphaTauri.

    Honda said that it achieved its goal of earning victories with three wins last season and two so far in 2020. However, it believes that the auto industry is going through a “once-in-one-hundred-years” period of transition and it has decided to strive for carbon neutrality by 2050. As such, it will funnel its R&D money into green power unit and energy tech like fuel cell and battery EV technology. All the knowledge it amassed in F1, particularly in the areas of energy management and fuel technologies, will be transferred to its new research center.

    Honda has been famously reluctant to build EVs, as it preferred to stick to gas and hybrid cars while focusing carbon-neutral research on hydrogen fuel-cell technology. The company recently released its first EV in a long time, the Honda E, though even that was an uphill battle within the company. The fact that it’s shooting for carbon neutrality by 2050 means that it could start developing new electric vehicles at a faster rate.

    Honda will continue to work with the Red Bull Racing and AlphaTauri Formula 1 teams until the end of 2021. The automaker might eventually get back into motor sports, as
    rumors have surfaced that it might enter Formula E electric racing at some point.


    https://www.autoblog.com/2020/10/02/honda-to-quit-f1/

  7. #282
    In Uranus
    bsnub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    21,584
    Quote Originally Posted by Troy View Post
    Look? He changed into a vegetable...
    Red dispatched you lowlife shitbag.

  8. #283
    Alpha Monger
    Backspin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:45 AM
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    2,489
    Quote Originally Posted by harrybarracuda View Post
    Honda is ending its participation in Formula 1 in order to focus its research and development on fuel cells and battery EV technologies, the company announced. It currently builds the turbocharged hybrid power units for Red Bull Racing, which sits in second place in the F1 constructor standings, along with Red Bull’s adjacent team Scuderia AlphaTauri.

    Honda said that it achieved its goal of earning victories with three wins last season and two so far in 2020. However, it believes that the auto industry is going through a “once-in-one-hundred-years” period of transition and it has decided to strive for carbon neutrality by 2050. As such, it will funnel its R&D money into green power unit and energy tech like fuel cell and battery EV technology. All the knowledge it amassed in F1, particularly in the areas of energy management and fuel technologies, will be transferred to its new research center.

    Honda has been famously reluctant to build EVs, as it preferred to stick to gas and hybrid cars while focusing carbon-neutral research on hydrogen fuel-cell technology. The company recently released its first EV in a long time, the Honda E, though even that was an uphill battle within the company. The fact that it’s shooting for carbon neutrality by 2050 means that it could start developing new electric vehicles at a faster rate.

    Honda will continue to work with the Red Bull Racing and AlphaTauri Formula 1 teams until the end of 2021. The automaker might eventually get back into motor sports, as
    rumors have surfaced that it might enter Formula E electric racing at some point.


    https://www.autoblog.com/2020/10/02/honda-to-quit-f1/
    Wow. So greentardation has claimed Honda.

    Bye bye you pathetic company.

  9. #284
    Thailand Expat
    Troy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:26 AM
    Location
    In the EU
    Posts
    8,942
    Quote Originally Posted by bsnub View Post
    Red dispatched you lowlife shitbag.
    I think you'll find it was Schumacher who was the lowlife cheating scumbag...

  10. #285
    Alpha Monger
    Backspin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:45 AM
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    2,489
    Quote Originally Posted by Troy View Post
    I think you'll find it was Schumacher who was the lowlife cheating scumbag...
    Really ? How. I wasn't the biggest fan of his. Until this new crop of preppy fuckwits like Lewis Hamilton came along. Really start to miss guys like Shoemacher fast. Guy was a class act

  11. #286
    Alpha Monger
    Backspin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:45 AM
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    2,489
    Anyway where does a guy watch Formula One if they don't have any TV subscription other than Netflix ?

    Is there a stream ?

  12. #287
    Thailand Expat
    Troy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:26 AM
    Location
    In the EU
    Posts
    8,942
    ^ He was disqualified and stripped of all points in 1997 for deliberately ramming Villeneuve. He did the same to Hill in 1994.

  13. #288
    Thailand Expat harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    69,855
    Quote Originally Posted by Troy View Post
    ^ He was disqualified and stripped of all points in 1997 for deliberately ramming Villeneuve. He did the same to Hill in 1994.
    He should have been disqualified for that as well.

    Cheating bastard on the track but, having met him a couple of times, an amazingly nice fellow off it.

    Such a dichotomy.

  14. #289
    Thailand Expat harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    69,855
    Complete washout at the Nurburgring today, so they will (maybe) get one practice session before Qualifying.

  15. #290
    Alpha Monger
    Backspin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:45 AM
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    2,489
    Does anyone watch F1 on an Internet stream ? I want to take in the Kraut GP.

  16. #291
    Thailand Expat
    Troy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:26 AM
    Location
    In the EU
    Posts
    8,942
    Ferrari in third and fifth after final practice. This could be an interesting race...

  17. #292
    Thailand Expat harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    69,855
    Quote Originally Posted by Troy View Post
    Ferrari in third and fifth after final practice. This could be an interesting race...
    More "Only" than "Final"

    The 2020 Formula One Thread-untitled-jpg

  18. #293
    In Uranus
    bsnub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    21,584
    Wow, that is a pretty epic return by Ferrari but it is also very weird. Why the drop off to begin with?

  19. #294
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 04:03 PM
    Location
    Sanur
    Posts
    4,688
    Quote Originally Posted by bsnub View Post
    Wow, that is a pretty epic return by Ferrari but it is also very weird. Why the drop off to begin with?
    Hahahahaha QED

  20. #295
    In Uranus
    bsnub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    21,584
    Quote Originally Posted by Switch View Post
    Hahahahaha QED
    Fuck off you twat.

  21. #296
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 04:03 PM
    Location
    Sanur
    Posts
    4,688
    Quote Originally Posted by bsnub View Post
    Fuck off you twat.
    Tut, tut, a bit early in the day to be drunk already. Fancy sending me a green by mistake.

    Its pretty obvious to even a microbe with basic formula 1 knowledge. The prancing horse team were caught cheating and made to change their engine configuration.
    Nurburgring is not a power circuit, so Ferrari can compete on more equal terms at this track, with some new mods introduced to take advantage of that.

    FFS you know nothing about the sport, that much is obvious.

    PS thanks for the green repo.

  22. #297
    In Uranus
    bsnub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    21,584
    Quote Originally Posted by Switch View Post
    Tut, tut, a bit early in the day to be drunk already. Fancy sending me a green by mistake.
    Naw it is 6am here and I am about to piss off to bed.

    Quote Originally Posted by Switch View Post
    FFS you know nothing about the sport, that much is obvious.
    Just like you know fuck all about motorcars.



    Quote Originally Posted by Switch View Post
    PS thanks for the green repo.
    You are welcome. It wasn't a mistake.

  23. #298
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 04:03 PM
    Location
    Sanur
    Posts
    4,688
    Quote Originally Posted by bsnub View Post
    Naw it is 6am here and I am about to piss off to bed.



    Just like you know fuck all about motorcars.





    You are welcome. It wasn't a mistake.
    lol. Sleep well precioussss. lol

  24. #299
    Thailand Expat harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    69,855
    I doubt that reflects race pace anyway.

    Q1:

    Pepe 5th
    Grumpy 8th

    Mad Max edges the Mercedes at the front.

    They chucked the Hulk in the car at the last minute and he's last. Unsurprising given that he never even got a single FP3 lap in.

    Stroll is ill apparently, but he still may race.

  25. #300
    Alpha Monger
    Backspin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:45 AM
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    2,489
    Where do I watch this FUCKING race ?

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 245678910111213 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •