Page 51 of 57 FirstFirst ... 41434445464748495051525354555657 LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 1420

Thread: Manchester Utd

  1. #1251
    Isle of discombobulation Joe 90's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Mai Arse
    Posts
    1,933
    Dear Cityzen,

    I am writing to you regarding the events of the past few days. I am sorry it has taken a little time, but the circumstances have been somewhat exceptional and it was important to me to contact you directly.

    As you know, Manchester City has formally enacted the procedures to withdraw from the group developing plans for a European Super League. As always, when we make choices and decisions, we do so with the best interests of the Club in mind and we believed that being part of such an initiative could give us a voice that might be imperative to our future ability to succeed and grow.

    However, in making that choice we failed to remind ourselves of the unbreakable link between the passion of our fans and the right to have the opportunity to earn success. It is a truth that is fundamental to the DNA of Manchester City and the Board deeply regrets taking a decision that lost sight of the historic values of the Club. We made a mistake and we sincerely apologise to our fans for the disappointment, frustration and anguish caused by the last 72 hours.

    I want to personally assure you that the Owners, Chairman, Board and staff are completely committed to ensuring that the club continues to contribute meaningfully to the ongoing well-being of both the English and European football pyramids and their associated competitions. We will embrace the opportunity to earn back the full trust of our stakeholders and the football family in general.

    I thank you for taking the time to read this and I extend my thanks to you for your continued support.

    Yours sincerely

    Ferran Soriano, CEO


    Half price season tickets and shirts wouldn't go amiss from the "top 6"....
    Shalom

  2. #1252
    Thailand Expat lom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:42 PM
    Location
    Trapped in an old mans body
    Posts
    11,059
    ^ Translation:
    We are still a member of the ESL group, we were just a wee bit too early with implementing it. Another time, eh?

  3. #1253
    Achieve By Unity cyrille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    23,263
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe 90 View Post
    Dear Cityzen,
    Pretty sure that the first *cringe* from all the other apologies didn't come in the first two words.

  4. #1254
    Custom user Neverna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Behind a rhododendron bush
    Posts
    20,013
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe 90 View Post
    Dear Cityzen,

    I am writing to you regarding the events of the past few days. I am sorry it has taken a little time, but the circumstances have been somewhat exceptional and it was important to me to contact you directly.

    As you know, Manchester City has formally enacted the procedures to withdraw from the group developing plans for a European Super League. As always, when we make choices and decisions, we do so with the best interests of the Club in mind and we believed that being part of such an initiative could give us a voice that might be imperative to our future ability to succeed and grow.

    However, in making that choice we failed to remind ourselves of the unbreakable link between the passion of our fans and the right to have the opportunity to earn success. It is a truth that is fundamental to the DNA of Manchester City and the Board deeply regrets taking a decision that lost sight of the historic values of the Club. We made a mistake and we sincerely apologise to our fans for the disappointment, frustration and anguish caused by the last 72 hours.

    I want to personally assure you that the Owners, Chairman, Board and staff are completely committed to ensuring that the club continues to contribute meaningfully to the ongoing well-being of both the English and European football pyramids and their associated competitions. We will embrace the opportunity to earn back the full trust of our stakeholders and the football family in general.

    I thank you for taking the time to read this and I extend my thanks to you for your continued support.

    Yours sincerely

    Ferran Soriano, CEO


    Half price season tickets and shirts wouldn't go amiss from the "top 6"....
    Shoudn't that be in the Manchester City thread and not the Man Utd thread?

  5. #1255
    Thailand Expat lom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:42 PM
    Location
    Trapped in an old mans body
    Posts
    11,059
    Quote Originally Posted by Neverna View Post
    Shoudn't that be in the Manchester City thread and not the Man Utd thread?
    Time of posting explains it.

  6. #1256
    Achieve By Unity cyrille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    23,263
    Ryan Giggs has been charged with assault.

  7. #1257
    Praise Jesus
    Edmond's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Cebu
    Posts
    3,689
    Quote Originally Posted by cyrille View Post
    Ryan Giggs has been charged with assault.
    Ryan Giggs charged with causing actual bodily harm to a woman in her 30s and common assault of a woman in her 20s


    Christ. If he isn't shagging them he's assaulting them. A bigger repeat offender than Dill.

  8. #1258
    Nine
    hallelujah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:02 PM
    Posts
    6,230
    Ahh well. Just a point at Leeds today, but another away game unbeaten and now the 2nd longest run in the league ever. CL qualification more or less assured, so let's try and get 2nd.

    #Olegend

  9. #1259
    Thailand Expat armstrong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    3,708
    Even the fact that you're cheering a draw against Leeds.

  10. #1260
    Nine
    hallelujah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:02 PM
    Posts
    6,230
    Quote Originally Posted by armstrong View Post
    Even the fact that you're cheering a draw against Leeds.
    Are you dyslexic?

  11. #1261
    Thailand Expat
    strigils's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    cerne abbas
    Posts
    2,086
    Quote Originally Posted by hallelujah View Post
    and now the 2nd longest run in the league ever.
    Who was first?

  12. #1262
    Nine
    hallelujah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:02 PM
    Posts
    6,230
    Quote Originally Posted by strigils View Post
    Who was first?
    Yep, your lot!

    We're coming for you!

  13. #1263
    Isle of discombobulation Joe 90's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Mai Arse
    Posts
    1,933
    Quote Originally Posted by hallelujah View Post
    Ahh well. Just a point at Leeds today, but another away game unbeaten and now the 2nd longest run in the league ever. CL qualification more or less assured, so let's try and get 2nd.

    #Olegend
    Mind the gap

  14. #1264
    Thailand Expat
    strigils's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    cerne abbas
    Posts
    2,086
    Quote Originally Posted by hallelujah View Post
    Yep, your lot!

    We're coming for you!
    Well you ain't there yet and at least i'll have a something to remember fondly when were in the Championship.

  15. #1265
    Nine
    hallelujah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:02 PM
    Posts
    6,230
    Quote Originally Posted by strigils View Post
    Well you ain't there yet and at least i'll have a something to remember fondly when were in the Championship.
    Nope. Our remaining aways are Villa and Wolves. Wolves are on the beach, but they always turn up against us. Villa haven't beaten us at Villa Park for 26 years, so this is the one I fear...

  16. #1266
    Thailand Expat
    strigils's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    cerne abbas
    Posts
    2,086
    Invvvvvvvvvvvvvvvinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnci iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiibbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb bbbbbbbbbbblllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll lllllleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssssssssssssss sssss

  17. #1267
    Achieve By Unity cyrille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    23,263
    Ryan Giggs 'drunkenly headbutted girlfriend Kate Greville and attacked her younger sister at his 1.7m mansion', as court hears he 'left her in fear of violence on many occasions'

    Ryan Giggs drunkenly headbutted his former girlfriend Kate Greville at his 1.7million mansion, left her in fear of violence on 'many occasions' and also attacked her sister, a court heard today.

    The Wales manager, 47, denies assaulting the 36-year-old PR executive at his home in Worsley, Greater Manchester, on November 1, and then hitting her younger sister, Emma, during the same alleged incident.

    The Manchester United legend has also been charged with controlling and coercive behaviour over his relationship with Ms Greville, with prosecutors alleging the abuse lasted almost three years.

    Giggs, wearing a black suit, white shirt and dark blue tie, appeared in the dock at Manchester Magistrates' Court for his first appearance today as the three charges against him were read out and he entered his not guilty pleas.

    Prosecutor Andrea Griffiths said there was a pattern of 'controlling behaviour' from the ex-United star between December 2017 and November 2020.

    She added that Giggs 'isolated' Kate from her 'work colleagues and friends' and he subjected her to 'degrading treatment' designed to 'keep her in the relationship'.

    'There was a fear of violence on many occasions... if she challenged him or tried to break away, there were threats of physical or professional harm,' Ms Griffiths said.
    Giggs, who today spoke only to confirm his name, address and enter his not guilty pleas, has been bailed to appear at Manchester Crown Court on May 26.

    His conditions of bail are he must not contact Kate or Emma Greville or go to any address where they are.

    The hearing, lasting 13 minutes, dealt with procedural matters as the case was sent to the crown court for a further hearing. There was no sign of either of the Greville sisters at court today.

    Ms Griffiths, prosecuting, said the charges were too serious to be dealt with by the magistrates court and requested that the trial be sent to the crown court.

    Ms Griffiths said: 'The crown says these matters are not suitable for summary trial and should be allocated to the crown court.'

    Ian Lewis, defending, said he did not have any submissions to make about where the trial should be allocated.

    Deputy Senior District Judge Tan Ikram directed that the trial should be heard at Manchester Crown Court.

    Judge Ikram said: 'I accept the crown submissions at this stage that these matters should be allocated to the crown court.'

    Last week it was revealed Giggs had found love with a lingerie model who has 'supported' him through the charges.

    Police were called to Giggs' address at 10.05pm on November 1 to reports of a disturbance. A woman in her 30s was treated for injuries at the scene.

    The former footballer was arrested and later bailed pending further inquiries.

    Giggs met Kate in 2013 after she helped promote his Hotel Football venue, launched with ex-United teammate Gary Neville. Giggs went public with the relationship with Ms Greville in 2018 after whisking her away for a holiday in Italy, eight months after his divorce.

    He divorced his wife Stacey in December 2017 and they finalised a 40million settlement after he cheated on her with model and Big Brother star Imogen Thomas during their 10-year marriage.

    Giggs has missed Wales' recent Nations League fixtures, following his arrest late last year.

    In April 2018 Ms Greville was appointed head of PR and communications for GG Hospitality, the hospitality management firm co-owned by Giggs and former United team-mate Gary Neville.

    She was involved in the launch of their Stock Exchange Hotel in Manchester city centre before she took up a new PR consultancy post last July with a former employer.

  18. #1268
    Isle of discombobulation Joe 90's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Mai Arse
    Posts
    1,933
    Pogba slipped,
    Ole cried,
    The Rags dream had fvcking died,
    City won,
    We're all singing Edin Dzeko,
    Edin Dzeko,
    Edin Dzeko,
    We're all singing Edin Dzeko...

  19. #1269
    Nine
    hallelujah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:02 PM
    Posts
    6,230
    This 6-2 slotting takes me back to Cy's extremely hopeful comment about Milan turning us over a few rounds earlier, which I had already pointed out wouldn't happen due to the current disparity of the relative leagues

    Hal knows.

    OLEgend

  20. #1270
    Praise Jesus
    Edmond's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Cebu
    Posts
    3,689
    Quote Originally Posted by hallelujah View Post
    This 6-2 slotting takes me back to Cy's extremely hopeful comment about Milan turning us over a few rounds earlier
    Reading him sneering at a 33 year old signing at the start of the season is pretty funny.

    As is:

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe 90 View Post
    Pogba slipped,
    Ole cried,
    The Rags dream had fvcking died,
    When they go on to come from behind and win 6-2.

  21. #1271
    Nine
    hallelujah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:02 PM
    Posts
    6,230
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond View Post
    Reading him sneering at a 33 year old signing at the start of the season is pretty funny.

    As is:



    When they go on to come from behind and win 6-2.
    There are quite a few mongs and very bitter people on this forum, L.

    You can work out where to put each in the appropriate category.

  22. #1272
    Achieve By Unity cyrille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    23,263
    Planting Chris Smalling there was a master stroke.

  23. #1273
    Thailand Expat
    strigils's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    cerne abbas
    Posts
    2,086
    If Utd win the European Runners up cup and come in 2nd in the fight for ESL bragging rights, do they get two entries in the Chumpions League?

  24. #1274
    Nine
    hallelujah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:02 PM
    Posts
    6,230
    Word coming out of South America that Cavani has done a volte-face and is set to stay. Excellent news if so...

  25. #1275
    Achieve By Unity cyrille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    23,263
    Quote Originally Posted by hallelujah View Post
    Word coming out of South America

Page 51 of 57 FirstFirst ... 41434445464748495051525354555657 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •