Page 756 of 756 FirstFirst ... 256656706746748749750751752753754755756
Results 18,876 to 18,896 of 18896
  1. #18876
    Thailand Expat harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    76,060
    Chernobyl Abyss (2021)

    I'm not sure if this was the Russian Chernobyl movie Vlad wanted, as it doesn't blame the CIA, but don't let the disaster-sounding title fool you.

    It's about a hunky firefighter who ends up getting roped into going under Reactor No. 4 to empty the water (if you've seen the series, this actually happened). Interspersed is his strained relationship with the mother of his child, who (fictionally) filmed the explosion.

    For a Russian flick, it's not a bad movie if you don't go in expecting a bland docudrama or a special effects epic.

    Vlad will see missed opportunities however.

    6/10


    Awake (Netflix, 2021).

    It's about a strange global event that stops people sleeping.

    Don't. Just don't. Although it will have the opposite effect if you try.

    1/10.

  2. #18877
    Thailand Expat
    spliff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:25 PM
    Location
    Khon Kaen
    Posts
    1,724

  3. #18878
    Philippine Expat
    Davis Knowlton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    18,000
    Just watched (again) De Niro/Pacino in "Heat". One of the greatest city shoot-outs in a movie.

  4. #18879
    Thailand Expat harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    76,060
    Quote Originally Posted by Davis Knowlton View Post
    Just watched (again) De Niro/Pacino in "Heat". One of the greatest city shoot-outs in a movie.
    All round a fantastic film.

  5. #18880
    Thailand Expat harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    76,060
    The Real Manhunter (TV,2021)

    A British series covering some high profile murder cases in the UK investigated by one particular detective. Covers a lot of the police work involved without being full of cliches and silly re-enactments like you'd see in the US version.

    What you'd call "good old fashioned police work".

    I enjoyed it.

    7/10

  6. #18881
    Elite Mumbler
    pickel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Isolation
    Posts
    6,343
    Quote Originally Posted by Davis Knowlton View Post
    Just watched (again) De Niro/Pacino in "Heat". One of the greatest city shoot-outs in a movie.
    I agree. I think one of the greatest car chase scenes in movies was in Ronan, also with De Niro.

  7. #18882
    Thailand Expat lom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:08 PM
    Location
    Trapped in an old mans body
    Posts
    11,065
    ^ Ronin for those who want to get a hit in their torrent searches..

  8. #18883
    Excommunicated baldrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:43 PM
    Posts
    23,436
    Quote Originally Posted by harrybarracuda View Post
    The Real Manhunter (TV,2021)
    any torrent links ? 1337 is not giving a result

  9. #18884
    Philippine Expat
    Davis Knowlton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    18,000
    SEA1 is on Pirate Bay.

  10. #18885
    Thailand Expat
    PAG's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:08 PM
    Location
    Chalong, Phuket
    Posts
    3,089
    Quote Originally Posted by baldrick View Post
    any torrent links ? 1337 is not giving a result
    Three options:

    The Real Manhunter Torrents - Watch & Download on EZTV

  11. #18886
    Elite Mumbler
    pickel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Isolation
    Posts
    6,343
    Quote Originally Posted by lom View Post
    ^ Ronin for those who want to get a hit in their torrent searches..
    Oops. Thanks Lom.

  12. #18887
    Thailand Expat harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    76,060
    Quote Originally Posted by baldrick View Post
    any torrent links ? 1337 is not giving a result
    WebOas.is | WebOasis | Web Oasis | v1.24.12

  13. #18888
    Thailand Expat VocalNeal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 03:50 PM
    Location
    The Kingdom of Lanna
    Posts
    12,038
    Just watched Tankers.


    Only about 5/10. Not as good as T34.



    But it passed the time.
    Better to think inside the pub, than outside the box?
    I apologize if any offence was caused. unless it was intended.
    You people, you think I know feck nothing; I tell you: I know feck all
    Those who cannot change their mind, cannot change anything.

  14. #18889
    Thailand Expat harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    76,060
    Fury was a good Tank movie.


    1560141-b.jpg

  15. #18890
    Member
    Happy As Larry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:40 AM
    Posts
    771
    'Jack Irish' season 3 - 4 parts (There have also been some one off tv movies) starring Guy Pearce, as a former criminal lawyer turned private investigator and debt collector, has just been on ABC in Australia.

    I have enjoyed those that have gone before and this one started well.

    If you haven't watched any it might be good to start at the beginning, but I am sure season 3 will work as a stand alone, despite the constant references to the past in part 1

  16. #18891
    Thailand Expat harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    76,060
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy As Larry View Post
    'Jack Irish' season 3 - 4 parts (There have also been some one off tv movies) starring Guy Pearce, as a former criminal lawyer turned private investigator and debt collector, has just been on ABC in Australia.

    I have enjoyed those that have gone before and this one started well.

    If you haven't watched any it might be good to start at the beginning, but I am sure season 3 will work as a stand alone, despite the constant references to the past in part 1
    I wondered why he'd disappeared for a few years.

  17. #18892

  18. #18893
    Thailand Expat
    PAG's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:08 PM
    Location
    Chalong, Phuket
    Posts
    3,089
    "Exit", a Norwegian production from their BBC equivalent, NRK. The basis of the series is actual interviews undertaken by 4 successful financial people from Oslo's business district, and the lavish and hedonistic lifestyles they lead. The stories that emerge are based on apparently true events (though portrayed by actors). If you like shows like "Billions" and "Succession", you will enjoy this. Actually quite eye opening with little apparent censorship, and even with subtitles, some really funny one liners. Highly recommended.

    Trailer (but couldn't find with English subtitles but you'll get the gist):



    Download of episodes (there are 8), sorry, you'll have to pick them out yourselves from the list. The subtitles in English are very good.

    Download Baryshnikov's Torrents | 1337x

    Apparently Season 2 has just aired, though no torrents yet, and apparently there's going to be a Season 3.

  19. #18894
    Thailand Expat harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    76,060
    Katla (TV, Netflix, 2021)

    Icelandic erm... thriller? drama? Not sure.

    Doppelgangers appear from an erupting volcano and mayhem ensues. The kid is a right little bastard and the last episode....

    Weird enough to be entertaining.

    6.5/10

  20. #18895
    Thailand Expat
    PAG's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:08 PM
    Location
    Chalong, Phuket
    Posts
    3,089
    Quote Originally Posted by PAG View Post
    "Exit", a Norwegian production from their BBC equivalent, NRK. The basis of the series is actual interviews undertaken by 4 successful financial people from Oslo's business district, and the lavish and hedonistic lifestyles they lead. The stories that emerge are based on apparently true events (though portrayed by actors). If you like shows like "Billions" and "Succession", you will enjoy this. Actually quite eye opening with little apparent censorship, and even with subtitles, some really funny one liners. Highly recommended.

    Trailer (but couldn't find with English subtitles but you'll get the gist):



    Download of episodes (there are 8), sorry, you'll have to pick them out yourselves from the list. The subtitles in English are very good.

    Download Baryshnikov's Torrents | 1337x

    Apparently Season 2 has just aired, though no torrents yet, and apparently there's going to be a Season 3.
    Just finished the last episode of this, and thought I'd give it another plug. Just to be clear, this isn't a documentary, and apologies if I gave that impression. What the makers have done is translate real stories from some interviewees into a series of episodes that lay bare the hedonistic lifestyle of those involved in the fnancial sector, warts and all. Entertaining, and hopefully Season 2 will be available soon.

  21. #18896
    Thailand Expat lom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:08 PM
    Location
    Trapped in an old mans body
    Posts
    11,065
    Quote Originally Posted by dirk diggler View Post
    Gangs of New York

    8.8/10
    Rating sounds about right, good movie!

Page 756 of 756 FirstFirst ... 256656706746748749750751752753754755756

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (1 members and 1 guests)

  1. spliff

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •