Page 729 of 732 FirstFirst ... 229629679719721722723724725726727728729730731732 LastLast
Results 18,201 to 18,225 of 18295
  1. #18201
    Thailand Expat AntRobertson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    38,693
    Might as well throw this is here while I'm at it as a bit of a NZ rah-rah, The Boys and Antony Starr plug:


  2. #18202
    Excitable Boy
    FailSafe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Depends on your point of view...
    Posts
    6,644
    'Goliath' season one was very good- the first episode of season two doesn't bode well for the remainder of the series (which jibes with reviews), but, at a minimum, season one (which wraps up entirely in the final episode- season two introduces new characters and a new storyline) is worth a watch.
    There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
    HST

  3. #18203
    Thailand Expat harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    69,942
    Quote Originally Posted by FailSafe View Post
    'Goliath' season one was very good- the first episode of season two doesn't bode well for the remainder of the series (which jibes with reviews), but, at a minimum, season one (which wraps up entirely in the final episode- season two introduces new characters and a new storyline) is worth a watch.
    I'll always have time for Goliath. Billy Bob's well portrayed character is entertaining no matter the car crash of a plot line going on around him.

  4. #18204
    Excitable Boy
    FailSafe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Depends on your point of view...
    Posts
    6,644
    Quote Originally Posted by harrybarracuda View Post
    I'll always have time for Goliath. Billy Bob's well portrayed character is entertaining no matter the car crash of a plot line going on around him.
    I like him as well, but, after watching S02E02, I might be done (and I initially got so hooked on the series that I binge-watched season one in a couple of days). Still, I highly recommend the first season, which was very entertaining.

  5. #18205
    Thailand Expat
    Edmond's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Jomtien.
    Posts
    1,276
    Long Way Up. The Ewan McGregor and Charley Boorman motorbike ride from the tip of Argentina to LA on electric Harleys begins on Apple+ today.


    First 3 episodes will be released today, then more released every week.

    Haven't got Apple+, but can presumably download it for free in 1080p within a few hours of the release.

  6. #18206
    Bigly Fiendish
    Looper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:34 PM
    Posts
    12,725
    ^good news

    P-Valley

    Original story revolving around the pole-dancers in a titty bar in the Mississippi Delta.

    Gospel dancing Jesus freaks, trans-sexual cross dressers, closet-gay gangsta rappers and more titties than you can shake a stick at.

    You get a good long look at the lovely milkers on Elarica Gallacher in most episodes.



    So git yo black asses up on in here bitches and let uncle Clifford look after you...

  7. #18207
    disturbance in the Turnip baldrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:46 AM
    Location
    Heidleberg
    Posts
    22,641
    Quote Originally Posted by Looper View Post
    P-Valley
    Review aggregator Rotten Tomatoes reported an approval rating of 100% for season 1 based on 27 reviews, with an average rating of 8.72/10. The website's critics consensus reads, "A stunning, lyrical piece of neon noir, P-Valley explores the unseen lives of strippers in Mississippi through Katori Hall's singular gaze, celebrating the beauty of the craft without sugarcoating the challenges."[27] On Metacritic, it has a weighted average score of 85 out of 100 based on 16 reviews, indicating "universal acclaim"
    ok then

  8. #18208
    Thailand Expat
    Edmond's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Jomtien.
    Posts
    1,276
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond View Post
    Long Way Up. The Ewan McGregor and Charley Boorman motorbike ride from the tip of Argentina to LA on electric Harleys begins on Apple+ today.


    First 3 episodes will be released today, then more released every week.
    I'd like to unrecommend this.

    Let's hope that E04 and up aren't as paint-dryingly boring as E03.

  9. #18209
    Member
    fat bastard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Online
    17-10-2020 @ 06:08 PM
    Location
    Nonthaburi
    Posts
    92
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond View Post
    I'd like to unrecommend this.

    Let's hope that E04 and up aren't as paint-dryingly boring as E03.
    It has been quite bleak, given the weather conditions and they appear to be on a steep learning curve or learning to adapt as they go but I won't give up on it.

    I expect they will 'warm up' to the task and their personalities along with the locations will shine through as they have in previous trips.

    I hadn't realized that Charlie Boorman has had 2 serious bike accidents which must still affect his mobility (obviously) and confidence on those gravel roads, fair play to both of them.

    Electric bikes with no sound must be like freewheeling on a very heavy bicycle!! I'm surprised at the length of time it takes to get a full charge.

  10. #18210
    Thailand Expat
    PAG's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:27 PM
    Location
    Chalong, Phuket
    Posts
    2,492
    Recently watched "The Devil All The Time", set in rural US (West Virginia) in post WW2 through to later. Several stories running at the same time, though easy to follow. Excellent casting (Tom Holland, Robert Pattinson and others), deals with abuse, corruption and religious fervour. Highly recommended.

    Trailer:



    Download:

    The Devil All the Time (2020) YIFY - Download Movie TORRENT - YTS

  11. #18211
    Thailand Expat
    Edmond's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Jomtien.
    Posts
    1,276
    Quote Originally Posted by fat bastard View Post
    Electric bikes with no sound must be like freewheeling on a very heavy bicycle!! I'm surprised at the length of time it takes to get a full charge.
    Yeah, they're very strange at this stage of their development.

    Minimal range, and must also carry a larger element of danger - complete silence. As the saying goes, a loud bike is a safe bike.


    Still though, if they go like those electric supercars that wipe the floor with Lambos and Ferraris, count me in a few years.

  12. #18212
    Hangin' Around cyrille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    21,000
    Just be careful with the coolant.

  13. #18213
    Thailand Expat
    Edmond's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Jomtien.
    Posts
    1,276
    Think I read that thread. Double century, if I'm not mistaken.

    Good number of clicks for advertising streams.

  14. #18214
    Thailand Expat harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    69,942
    Ratched (2020, Netflix)

    Dark backstory of Nurse Ratched from One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest.

    Only just started it but it's violent....

  15. #18215
    Thailand Expat armstrong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    3,159
    Quote Originally Posted by fat bastard View Post
    Electric bikes with no sound must be like freewheeling on a very heavy bicycle!! I'm surprised at the length of time it takes to get a full charge.
    Mine takes 6 hours to charge and only goes 60km. If there's is similar that's a lot of episodes to watch

  16. #18216
    Newbie
    Magoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Last Online
    08-10-2020 @ 06:27 PM
    Posts
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by armstrong View Post
    Mine takes 6 hours to charge and only goes 60km. If there's is similar that's a lot of episodes to watch
    Ha ha! I take your point.
    I see there's ten episodes in total, so something must have gone right.

  17. #18217
    Philippine Expat Davis Knowlton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    17,890
    Quote Originally Posted by PAG View Post
    Recently watched "The Devil All The Time", set in rural US (West Virginia) in post WW2 through to later. Several stories running at the same time, though easy to follow. Excellent casting (Tom Holland, Robert Pattinson and others), deals with abuse, corruption and religious fervour. Highly recommended.

    Trailer:



    Download:

    The Devil All the Time (2020) YIFY - Download Movie TORRENT - YTS
    Bit strange, but worth a watch. PAG's recommendations continue to be consistently good.

  18. #18218
    Bigly Fiendish
    Looper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:34 PM
    Posts
    12,725
    I am not sure whether to keep going with Watchmen

    Just finished episode 2

    It is kind of engaging on several levels but the story feels incoherent at the same time

    Ratched looks good. Prequel back story for the arch-villain cuckoo's nest ward nurse



    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ratched_(TV_series)

    Whole series available instead of the Chinese water torture dripfeed so it can go straight to the front of the queue

  19. #18219
    Philippine Expat Davis Knowlton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    17,890
    Saw on the news that the Emmys had happened. Yawn. But, for the first time ever, one series won every category in the comedy section. Called Schitt's Creek.

    So, I took a look at Episode 1.

    I now have a much better appreciation of how Trump got elected.......

  20. #18220
    Thailand Expat misskit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Chiang Mai
    Posts
    33,148
    ^^ I watched the first episode of Ratched last night. I’m in. We’ve got Sarah Paulson vs. Judy Davis in a thriller series!

  21. #18221
    Thailand Expat harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    69,942
    Quote Originally Posted by Looper View Post
    I am not sure whether to keep going with Watchmen

    Just finished episode 2
    I'd keep going. It's full of surprises.

  22. #18222
    Thailand Expat jabir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    11,524
    Quote Originally Posted by Davis Knowlton View Post
    Saw on the news that the Emmys had happened. Yawn. But, for the first time ever, one series won every category in the comedy section. Called Schitt's Creek.

    So, I took a look at Episode 1.

    I now have a much better appreciation of how Trump got elected.......
    I watched Schitt's Creek, wouldn't call it memorable since I can't recall whether I got through the entire series.

  23. #18223
    Thailand Expat Pragmatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Last but who gives a shit.
    Posts
    12,509
    Quote Originally Posted by jabir View Post
    I can't recall whether I got through the entire series.
    Same goes for me. Complete tosh.

  24. #18224
    Hangin' Around cyrille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    21,000
    I have a vague memory of watching it for a few minutes and, presumably, concluding it was indeed Schitt.

  25. #18225
    Thailand Expat harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    69,942
    Yep, never got past a small portion of episode 1.

Page 729 of 732 FirstFirst ... 229629679719721722723724725726727728729730731732 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •