Page 990 of 996 FirstFirst ... 490890940980982983984985986987988989990991992993994995996 LastLast
Results 24,726 to 24,750 of 24895

Thread: Dinner

  1. #24726
    Thailand Expat lom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:01 AM
    Location
    Trapped in an old mans body
    Posts
    9,960
    The fokkers have some good cheese to very affordable prices as well..

    Ordered a few cod fillets from the Robbers, thanks for the head-up Ant!

  2. #24727
    Thailand Expat AntRobertson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    38,995
    Quote Originally Posted by lom View Post
    Ordered a few cod fillets from the Robbers, thanks for the head-up Ant!


    They're pretty good with the service. Not had an issue myself.

  3. #24728
    Thailand Expat
    Bogon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:22 PM
    Posts
    5,088
    ^^^ Have they still got the roadworks going on outside Siamburi's?

    Had to dump the motor at the top of the road last week and walked the last 100 metres.

  4. #24729
    In Uranus
    bsnub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    21,985
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogon View Post
    Had to dump the motor at the top of the road last week and walked the last 100 metres.

  5. #24730
    RIP pseudolus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    18,132
    Snubb. This is about Thailand. A street in Thailand called Khao Talo. THere is no pavement (side walk), blind corners either side of the shop in question, and mad bastards on bike, baht buses (something else you have no clue about), and all sort of muppets in their cars. Walking 100meters on that road with your groceries would be a hassle for most people.

  6. #24731
    Thailand Expat lom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:01 AM
    Location
    Trapped in an old mans body
    Posts
    9,960
    Quote Originally Posted by pseudolus View Post
    THere is no pavement (side walk), blind corners either side of the shop in question, and mad bastards on bike, baht buses (something else you have no clue about), and all sort of muppets in their cars.
    Eh, it is not possible to drive on that road due to roadwork so you don't have to worry about other traffic

  7. #24732
    RIP pseudolus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    18,132
    Quote Originally Posted by Headworx View Post
    They have Cod loins and fillets at Siamburi's, I really like it (and haddock) battered but don't do deep-frying at home. As for delivery outside of Pattaya they were talking about it about a month back but seem to have gone cold on that now which is good, it's a busy little shop as it is and I'd hate to see you out-of-towners taking stock away from us locals
    There was a bloke in Bangkok with a similar store who would deliver about an hour outside of the city, but he gave up after a while as there simply was not the quantity of orders to make it worth while. I would think the lads would be better to respond to requests for deliveries "or you come for a day out to the dark side and pick some stuff up?"

  8. #24733
    RIP pseudolus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    18,132
    Quote Originally Posted by lom View Post
    Eh, it is not possible to drive on that road due to roadwork so you don't have to worry about other traffic
    No road works there when I was last there ... 2016... when they were by the lake hahaa.

  9. #24734
    Thailand Expat lom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:01 AM
    Location
    Trapped in an old mans body
    Posts
    9,960
    Quote Originally Posted by pseudolus View Post
    There was a bloke in Bangkok with a similar store who would deliver about an hour outside of the city, but he gave up after a while as there simply was not the quantity of orders to make it worth while.
    Of course it is worth wile, it is after all the buyer who pays for freight and packing material.
    The shop owner only have to pack and call Flash or Kerry to pick up the parcel.

  10. #24735
    RIP pseudolus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    18,132
    Quote Originally Posted by lom View Post
    Of course it is worth wile, it is after all the buyer who pays for freight and packing material.
    The shop owner only have to pack and call Flash or Kerry to pick up the parcel.

    He was taking a day out to drive it. it was bacon and sausages.

  11. #24736
    Thailand Expat
    Headworx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Jomtien
    Posts
    4,976
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogon View Post
    ^^^ Have they still got the roadworks going on outside Siamburi's?

    Had to dump the motor at the top of the road last week and walked the last 100 metres.
    I was there last Thursday, it had been raining and the road was a muddy mess. We came in from Sukhumvit and up Khao Talo and wanted to go out the back way after shopping but only got as far as Pepper and Salt before turning around and going back the way we came in, it was Camel Adventure Trophy landscape past there. Might be better by now, dunno...

    Quote Originally Posted by pseudolus View Post
    There was a bloke in Bangkok with a similar store who would deliver about an hour outside of the city, but he gave up after a while as there simply was not the quantity of orders to make it worth while. I would think the lads would be better to respond to requests for deliveries "or you come for a day out to the dark side and pick some stuff up?"
    Seriously, if I lived in Bangkok I'd be coming down with an ice chest in the car to load up at least once a month. Total speculation, but I think the owner might be worried about biting off more than he can chew with any type of expansion. The place he's got does really well, it'd be a shame to see him fuck-up a good thing.

  12. #24737
    RIP pseudolus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    18,132
    Quote Originally Posted by Headworx View Post
    I was there last Thursday, it had been raining and the road was a muddy mess. We came in from Sukhumvit and up Khao Talo and wanted to go out the back way after shopping but only got as far as Pepper and Salt before turning around and going back the way we came in, it was Camel Adventure Trophy landscape past there. Might be better by now, dunno...


    Seriously, if I lived in Bangkok I'd be coming down with an ice chest in the car to load up at least once a month. Total speculation, but I think the owner might be worried about biting off more than he can chew with any type of expansion. The place he's got does really well, it'd be a shame to see him fuck-up a good thing.
    I used to do that when I lived in Bangkok. Would head to Pattaya to the Cider shop, Matvics as was or Yorkies and fill up. If its running well though indeed why rock the boat.

  13. #24738
    Thailand Expat
    Mendip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:59 AM
    Location
    Korat
    Posts
    3,365
    I thought I'd spoil meself last night...

    About 250 SEK, so well under 1000 Baht and not bad at all. Any alcohol with a meal pushes the price way up.





    Could have done with a bit more veg though!

  14. #24739
    Thailand Expat
    Headworx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Jomtien
    Posts
    4,976
    ^Looks great! Needs peas though

  15. #24740
    Thailand Expat
    Mendip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:59 AM
    Location
    Korat
    Posts
    3,365
    ^
    There's not many meals that aren't improved by peas.

    And Sweden is a pea desert mate... in fact I'm not sure I've had a portion of peas since I left Korat in July.

    Even me mum let me down last month when she served up runner beans!

  16. #24741
    Thailand Expat
    aging one's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    19,191
    Quote Originally Posted by Mendip View Post
    Even me mum let me down last month when she served up runner beans!
    Dear mom,

    Good news I am coming to visit and stay with you over the Christmas holidays. Could you pick up some peas please?

    Love ya,

    Mendip

  17. #24742
    Thailand Expat lom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:01 AM
    Location
    Trapped in an old mans body
    Posts
    9,960
    Quote Originally Posted by Mendip View Post
    And Sweden is a pea desert mate...
    you haven't been around..

  18. #24743
    The Fool on the Hill bowie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    นนทบุรี
    Posts
    5,839
    Lots of running around lately, Bangkok, Nonthaburi and general vicinity. Today a break from our running. Head cook did a Moo Baan Veggie Truck run and fired up the kitchen. Sauteed veggies and a spiced pork dish. Very spicy and very appetizing. Dessert will be apples and grapes.

    staging
    Dinner-img_0424-jpg


    prep
    Dinner-img_0426-jpg


    raw veggies
    Dinner-img_0430-jpg


    add fire
    Dinner-img_0443-jpg


    sauteed veggies
    Dinner-img_0453-jpg


    spiced pork
    Dinner-img_0452-jpg


    dinner
    Dinner-img_0450-jpg

  19. #24744
    RIP
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    16,960
    A bowl or two of beef stew tonight, keeps the cold away...

    Dinner-20201022_184706-jpg

  20. #24745
    On a walkabout
    Loy Toy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:18 PM
    Posts
    29,092
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogon View Post
    ^^^ Have they still got the roadworks going on outside Siamburi's?

    Had to dump the motor at the top of the road last week and walked the last 100 metres.
    My missus delivers orders to Siamburi's most days and has not made mention of the roadworks lately so I expect conditions are improving.

  21. #24746
    Thailand Expat
    Bogon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:22 PM
    Posts
    5,088
    ^ Cheers mate. Probably will do another run up there next week.

    Normally pick up 2 weeks worth of grub from there and demolish it within the first week.

  22. #24747
    Thailand Expat tomcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    13,220
    Dinner-eladya8xyaav_ns-jpg
    ...something to snack on later...

  23. #24748
    Thailand Expat armstrong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    3,217
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogon View Post
    ^ Cheers mate. Probably will do another run up there next week.

    Normally pick up 2 weeks worth of grub from there and demolish it within the first week.
    Saw a video from mid October and the road looked pretty shite. Tempted to check it out though..

  24. #24749
    Thailand Expat
    Bogon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:22 PM
    Posts
    5,088
    ^ Well worth it. We don't have anything that has this much western grub under 1 roof in Bangkok.

    Not the largest of places, but stocks most staples, and a few treats for givaway prices.

    The cheese section gets a double thumbs up.

  25. #24750
    Thailand Expat
    Headworx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Jomtien
    Posts
    4,976
    Might like to give Siamburi's a swerve for a few days.
    Dinner-screenshot_20201024-142155_chrome-jpg

Page 990 of 996 FirstFirst ... 490890940980982983984985986987988989990991992993994995996 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •