Thread: Dinner

  1. #31126
    Thailand Expat
    dirk diggler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:15 PM
    Location
    Down South
    Posts
    6,810
    Looks good to me!

  2. #31127
    Guest Member S Landreth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    left of center
    Posts
    11,785
    Quote Originally Posted by Stumpy View Post
    Have you tried Cuban food?
    Born and raised in Miami. Cuban food was just another meal.

    Cuban sandwich – purchased




    Arroz con pollo – one of my favorites I make myself




    Quote Originally Posted by Stumpy View Post
    I was in Boca Raton. Some outstanding places. Top food, great music and good drinks
    Boca is a nice place. I will meet a friend there every time I come to visit the states. But we don’t meet at a Cuban themed restaurant.

    Tonight’s dinner was at Casa Mia

    Hers - Mango and fish seviche, garlic chicken with glazed pineapple and mashed sweet potatoes with bacon






    Mine – croquets, shellfish casserole and a side of black beans






    Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.

  3. #31128
    Isle of discombobulation Joe 90's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Mai Arse
    Posts
    8,485
    Landreth, have you ever been called a twat?

    Damn fine looking food!

  4. #31129
    Thailand Expat
    malmomike77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    9,104
    Take 5

    Spaghetti
    Olive Oil
    Garlic and herb cream cheese
    Lemon
    Smoked Salmon

    6 minutes

    Dinner-1668252398457-jpg

  5. #31130
    Guest Member S Landreth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    left of center
    Posts
    11,785
    Tonight, we walked into the nicest restaurant in Havana and I see this on the wall.




    And for the rest of the evening, I’m thinking about the picture below.


    Last edited by S Landreth; 23-11-2022 at 10:14 AM.

  6. #31131
    Thailand Expat helge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    8,794
    Madre Dios !

    Que pasa ?


    Cuba si !

  7. #31132
    Member
    BLD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2022
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:20 PM
    Location
    Perh/laos
    Posts
    854
    Donde casa de puta? Qhe?

  8. #31133
    Member
    BLD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2022
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:20 PM
    Location
    Perh/laos
    Posts
    854
    Donde casa de cambio

  9. #31134
    Custom Title Changer
    Topper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:14 AM
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    10,672
    SL, always posting up the best eatin'....

  10. #31135
    Thailand Expat
    Mendip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:37 PM
    Location
    Korat
    Posts
    8,211
    Makro were out of New Zealand lamb last week... but they did have New Zealand venison in the lamb freezer. How can you not?



    A top tip I've learnt is that if you don't have a decent kitchen knife, then cut up meat while it's still partially frozen. It works a treat.

    Nice lean meat.



    A pre-kick-off Irish venison stew.





    Finished off with a half-time chocolate brownie garnished with quartet of ice cream and whipped cream.


  11. #31136
    Thailand Expat
    Shutree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:17 PM
    Location
    One heartbeat away from eternity
    Posts
    3,741
    Quote Originally Posted by Mendip View Post
    they did have New Zealand venison
    Oh deer!

  12. #31137
    Thailand Expat
    Mendip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:37 PM
    Location
    Korat
    Posts
    8,211
    Quote Originally Posted by Shutree View Post
    Oh deer!
    You're on fire this morning Shutree!

    Is the garden too wet to shuffle around in?

  13. #31138
    Thailand Expat
    Shutree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:17 PM
    Location
    One heartbeat away from eternity
    Posts
    3,741
    Quote Originally Posted by Mendip View Post
    Is the garden too wet to shuffle around in?
    We did indeed have the promised thunderstorm last night so I have an hour when I am not out watering the plants. Next job is to fire up the strimmer, that grass ain't goin' to cut itself.

  14. #31139
    Thailand Expat
    Shutree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:17 PM
    Location
    One heartbeat away from eternity
    Posts
    3,741
    How was the stew? Can you make an Irish stew with New Zealand venison? If I see it in Makro I might give it a try in the slow cooker one of these chilly winter evenings.

  15. #31140
    Thailand Expat
    happynz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:47 AM
    Location
    inner suburb
    Posts
    11,083
    Quote Originally Posted by S Landreth View Post
    Cuban sandwich – purchased
    ¡Los sándwiches cubanos son riquísimos!

  16. #31141
    Thailand Expat
    Mendip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:37 PM
    Location
    Korat
    Posts
    8,211
    Quote Originally Posted by Shutree View Post
    How was the stew?
    Delicious as always. Two clean plates!

    I didn't tell the daughter it was deer until this morning as you never know how kids will take it.

    And no problem making Irish stew with Kiwi venison... it was the stout that gave it the Irish flavour.

  17. #31142
    Thailand Expat
    Buckaroo Banzai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:10 PM
    Location
    My couch
    Posts
    4,611
    Quote Originally Posted by Mendip View Post
    Makro were out of New Zealand lamb last week... but they did have New Zealand venison in the lamb freezer. How can you not?



    A top tip I've learnt is that if you don't have a decent kitchen knife, then cut up meat while it's still partially frozen. It works a treat.

    Nice lean meat.

    A pre-kick-off Irish venison stew.

    Finished off with a half-time chocolate brownie garnished with quartet of ice cream and whipped cream.
    That looks great !! I love a hearty stew.
    Not sure about the Venison part. I guess it all depends on what one means by Venison.
    In the US what we call Venison is Deer Meat , that I personally find a bit gamey . Does it mean the same for the NZ meat?
    What is your thinking about that? I would not mind trying it.
    Here in Thailand I usually use the Thai beef that If cooked long enough (slow cooked for about 3 hrs) and it's pretty good for my taste.
    The sooner you fall behind, the more time you have to catch up.

  18. #31143
    Thailand Expat
    Mendip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:37 PM
    Location
    Korat
    Posts
    8,211
    ^ My thinking is that I'm pretty sure that venison is always deer meat, regardless of where it comes from.

    I also use a lot of Thai beef for stews and pies no problem but just thought we'd have a change. It was a little bit gamey which is very nice for me and I'll definitely buy more the next time we visit Makro.

    In fact I'm now thinking of a venison pie.

  19. #31144
    Thailand Expat
    Buckaroo Banzai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:10 PM
    Location
    My couch
    Posts
    4,611
    Quote Originally Posted by Mendip View Post
    ^ My thinking is that I'm pretty sure that venison is always deer meat, regardless of where it comes from.

    I also use a lot of Thai beef for stews and pies no problem but just thought we'd have a change. It was a little bit gamey which is very nice for me and I'll definitely buy more the next time we visit Makro.

    In fact I'm now thinking of a venison pie.
    I'l give it a try. What do I have to lose, It could be a nice variation.
    Raining heavily for the second day here in Khon Kaen. I would had been a good day for it.
    As It is I am making chicken soup.
    Wife buys those chicken carcasses they sell at Macro after they remove most of the mear.
    She buys them for the dogs.
    I stole two of them, did not care that the dogs were growling at me . The bastards eat better than I do!!
    and I am now slow cooking it for over an Hour .to make a chicken broth. I just cut up some chicken breast I had, , will cook it
    for at least 30 minutes, at which point I will put half a cup of rice, Not too much rise otherwise you will have a risotto instead of a soup and will thicken it with a lemon and egg mix.
    Will post picture when its done.

  20. #31145
    Thailand Expat
    Mendip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:37 PM
    Location
    Korat
    Posts
    8,211
    ^ Sounds nice. I like to throw a couple of handfuls of pearl barley into a chicken broth but not sure if you can buy it here. I brought over a couple of bags from the UK.

  21. #31146
    Thailand Expat
    malmomike77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    9,104
    Has the gardener been at your bread?

  22. #31147
    Thailand Expat
    Bogon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:19 PM
    Posts
    5,556
    I know this is a family thread, but did you and the *gardener* have a quick play about with the bread?

    Those holes look man made.


  23. #31148
    Thailand Expat
    Mendip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:37 PM
    Location
    Korat
    Posts
    8,211
    I'd better investigate.

    I've always asked him to stick with the water melons.

  24. #31149
    Thailand Expat
    Buckaroo Banzai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:10 PM
    Location
    My couch
    Posts
    4,611
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckaroo Banzai View Post
    I'l give it a try. What do I have to lose, It could be a nice variation.
    Raining heavily for the second day here in Khon Kaen. I would had been a good day for it.
    As It is I am making chicken soup.
    Wife buys those chicken carcasses they sell at Macro after they remove most of the mear.
    She buys them for the dogs.
    I stole two of them, did not care that the dogs were growling at me . The bastards eat better than I do!!
    and I am now slow cooking it for over an Hour .to make a chicken broth. I just cut up some chicken breast I had, , will cook it
    for at least 30 minutes, at which point I will put half a cup of rice, Not too much rise otherwise you will have a risotto instead of a soup and will thicken it with a lemon and egg mix.
    Will post picture when its done.
    To follow up
    Dinner-chicken-soup-jpg

    It does not look like much but it sure tastes great.I guess I could had uses some garnish but the hell with it I was hungry.
    Heading for my second bowl

  25. #31150
    Thailand Expat
    malmomike77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    9,104
    ^ i'm sure it tastes great. I save and freeze the left over chicken carcasses from the roasts and once i have 3 i make soup, i add carrot, leek, onion, herbs and rosecoco beans or pearl barley. Some carrot might add some colour.

Page 1246 of 1277 FirstFirst ... 246746114611961236123812391240124112421243124412451246124712481249125012511252125312541256 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •