Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 120

Thread: Rehab Thailand

  1. #26
    Days Work Done! Norton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Roiet
    Posts
    30,963
    Quote Originally Posted by Chittychangchang View Post
    I reckon twice daily yoga classes would be good to put on the itinerary. .
    If up in Isaan, put them to work on a farm. Rehab agro tourism thing combined with cooking. Cook what you plant and pick.

  2. #27
    Thailand Expat
    Chico's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:04 AM
    Location
    I'm Dead
    Posts
    5,311
    Quote Originally Posted by Chittychangchang View Post
    Where will the tranquil place be?

    A mountain retreat with a chilled out vibe with waterfalls and coi carp swimming in a pond.

    You'd have to arrange transfer direct from the airport so the vulnerable patients don't get side tracked

    Very easy to get waylaid in Los without proper guidance and support.
    Semi rural Farmland in Isaan.

    It would be a package if they wanted.

    There would be activities and cultural experiences whilst at the retreat.

  3. #28
    Thailand Expat
    Chico's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:04 AM
    Location
    I'm Dead
    Posts
    5,311
    Quote Originally Posted by Norton View Post
    If up in Isaan, put them to work on a farm. Rehab agro tourism thing combined with cooking. Cook what you plant and pick.
    You've got your finger on the pulse majority of foods would be from the land, there are some places doing so now but not on the concept we have.

  4. #29
    ความรู้ลึกลับ HuangLao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    สุโขทัย
    Posts
    8,254
    Cultural experiences?

  5. #30
    Thailand Expat
    jamescollister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Last Online
    28-01-2020 @ 10:33 PM
    Location
    Bunthrik Ubon
    Posts
    4,768
    Chico, don't think you have really look into this idea.

    Farm land is zoned for farming, getting it changed to commercial land is a big expensive job, best you can legally build is a farmers hut.

    You will need planing permission, local, provincial and as it's a treatment center, national. not going to happen.

    Most junkies trying to get clean, are on meds, so on site nurse to dispense and a doctor to proscribe.

    Your counselors [ who are farangs by the sound of it ] will not be qualified to practice in Thailand, so no chance of W/Ps.

    This build it and they will come, is a movie plot, not real life, no overseas doctor is going to recommend some new age clinic.

    Back to the drawing board I think.

  6. #31
    Custom user Neverna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Behind a rhododendron bush
    Posts
    18,909
    Quote Originally Posted by Chico View Post
    I have the land
    In your name, of course.


    Quote Originally Posted by Chico View Post
    and will supply the resort,provide the transport meals.
    See Manny or Luigi for work permit issues.

  7. #32
    Thailand Expat
    Chico's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:04 AM
    Location
    I'm Dead
    Posts
    5,311
    Quote Originally Posted by jamescollister View Post
    Chico, don't think you have really look into this idea.

    Farm land is zoned for farming, getting it changed to commercial land is a big expensive job, best you can legally build is a farmers hut.

    You will need planing permission, local, provincial and as it's a treatment center, national. not going to happen.

    Most junkies trying to get clean, are on meds, so on site nurse to dispense and a doctor to proscribe.

    Your counselors [ who are farangs by the sound of it ] will not be qualified to practice in Thailand, so no chance of W/Ps.

    This build it and they will come, is a movie plot, not real life, no overseas doctor is going to recommend some new age clinic.

    Back to the drawing board I think.
    Jim I take it you do know there is many such sustainable living programs around Thailand

    here is just one for an example.

    Welcome to Earth Home (Maejo Baandin) - Earth Home Thailand (Maejo Baandin) ?????????????

    I'm sure you know there are many resorts built on Farmland?

    We've already spoken to someone about the land and advised us to get a lawyer,which we have done.

    I take it you know there's is a big Psychiatric hospital in Ubon,which I've already contacted,we've also contacted with psychiatric training school in the UK and they are interested in the program for volunteers,and guidance

    The guy I posted about is currently contacting people he knows in Asia and Thailand.

    As I also posted the program would be financed by private enterprise/Sponsors.

    The land will be leased out,and I will manage the day to day running of the retreat.

    As i already also posted I don't have experience in the field of treatment,and we are currently speaking with people.

    Jim if you have a can do attitude anything is possible,and as I already posted it's in the early stages,and a lot more discussions and details to be completed.

    I would appreciate that you don't presume to much without knowing any details.

  8. #33
    ความรู้ลึกลับ HuangLao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    สุโขทัย
    Posts
    8,254
    Quote Originally Posted by jamescollister View Post

    Farm land is zoned for farming, getting it changed to commercial land is a big expensive job, best you can legally build is a farmers hut.

    You will need planing permission, local, provincial, [sic] national.

    Applies on paper and theory, Jim - rarely practiced nor the lording over enforced.
    Know numerous folks that have transformed rural situations into commercial/business ventures without a hint of officialdom/permission acts or needing to pursue actions of "zoning" legalities and other nonsense.


    Think too much.

  9. #34
    Thailand Expat
    jamescollister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Last Online
    28-01-2020 @ 10:33 PM
    Location
    Bunthrik Ubon
    Posts
    4,768
    Go for it Chico, do you realize, home stay, farm stay is a maximum of 4 rooms.

    Keep us posted on how this lawyer is going to change green belt farm land to commercial land, would be very interested to know.

    Having changed possession farm land to BKK titled industrial/commercial land myself, many years ago, know it's not a local government decision and when talking BKK involvement you are talking BOI, or in my case SME approval.

    Anyway keep us posted on how it's going, just a word of warning, know of 2 retreat type farm stays down this way, plus a load of Thai run businesses along the 2248 highway, closed up by the government in the last few years. Some owners [Thai] are in the wind owing taxes.

  10. #35
    Thailand Expat
    Chico's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:04 AM
    Location
    I'm Dead
    Posts
    5,311
    Quote Originally Posted by HuangLao View Post
    Cultural experiences?
    Yes Jeff you know the stuff you love to post about.

  11. #36
    Thailand Expat AntRobertson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    36,898
    Quote Originally Posted by Chico View Post
    I take it you know there's is a big Psychiatric hospital in Ubon,which I've already contacted
    Good for you!

  12. #37
    Custom user Neverna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Behind a rhododendron bush
    Posts
    18,909
    Did they accept your room reservation request, Chico?

  13. #38
    Thailand Expat
    jamescollister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Last Online
    28-01-2020 @ 10:33 PM
    Location
    Bunthrik Ubon
    Posts
    4,768
    Quote Originally Posted by HuangLao View Post
    Applies on paper and theory, Jim - rarely practiced nor the lording over enforced.
    Know numerous folks that have transformed rural situations into commercial/business ventures without a hint of officialdom/permission acts or needing to pursue actions of "zoning" legalities and other nonsense.


    Think too much.
    Until the tax man comes or some other government agency gets involved, as said, 2248 highway long the Cambo/ Lao border, closed every illegal business down, even a rubber buying station owned by one of the big rubber companies.

    Live here and want to stay legal, saying that what's on paper and rarely practiced would mean I don't need a visa, or other, no cops or immigration out here, but one day they will show up computers are linking everything.

    As posted a long time age, German built a 4 story house with a roof top covered bar, not for business just for visiting friends.

    Brother in law, some sort of county clerk [orbitor office] asked him is that legal, answer no, no one cares, said what if I care.
    2 to 4 weeks can have it bulldozed, if you want, everything is OK as long as no one complains.

    Just takes one upset Thai to start making noises and things can go bad, stay legal stay safe and if you have address of some of these illegal farang businesses please share, you can make some good deals buying closed down business equipment.

  14. #39
    Thailand Expat
    Chico's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:04 AM
    Location
    I'm Dead
    Posts
    5,311
    Jim I understand you've had a bit of bad luck with Govt officials though if you look in my link you may find this

    https://luxuryrehab.in/lanna-rehab/

  15. #40
    Custom user Neverna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Behind a rhododendron bush
    Posts
    18,909
    Quote Originally Posted by JPPR2 View Post
    Interesting. I have found that to be different. Most have a focused client base due to group therapy activities unless it is clinical psychology but then its not really rehab.
    Looks like you're right, JP.


    The Edge Rehab: Chiang Mai, Thailand
    Specialises in treating addiction and behavioural issues in young men.
    https://luxuryrehab.in/the-edge-rehab/

    Lanna Rehab: CHIANG MAI, THAILAND
    TREATMENT: Specializations - Substance Abuse
    https://luxuryrehab.in/lanna-rehab/

    The River Rehab: CHIANG MAI, THAILAND
    Specializations: Trauma Treatment. Substance Abuse
    https://luxuryrehab.in/the-river-rehab/

    DARA Thailand: KOH CHANG, THAILAND
    Specializations: Substance Abuse. Co-Occurring Disorders
    https://luxuryrehab.in/dara-rehab/

    Siam Rehab: CHIANG RAI, THAILAND
    Specializations: Substance Abuse
    https://luxuryrehab.in/serenity-rehab-thailand/

    Hope Rehab Center Thailand: CHONBURI, THAILAND
    Specializations: Substance Abuse
    https://luxuryrehab.in/hope-rehab-center-thailand/

    The Beach Rehab: HUA HIN, THAILAND
    Specializations: Young Adults. Substance Abuse: Alcohol, Cocaine, Methamphetamine
    https://luxuryrehab.in/the-beach-rehab/

    Wat Thamkrabok
    Drug & Alcohol Detoxification and Rehabilitation
    https://wat-thamkrabok.org/
    Nev has style

  16. #41
    Thailand Expat
    Chico's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:04 AM
    Location
    I'm Dead
    Posts
    5,311
    Quote Originally Posted by Neverna View Post
    Looks like you're right, JP.


    The Edge Rehab: Chiang Mai, Thailand
    Specialises in treating addiction and behavioural issues in young men.
    https://luxuryrehab.in/the-edge-rehab/

    Lanna Rehab: CHIANG MAI, THAILAND
    TREATMENT: Specializations - Substance Abuse
    https://luxuryrehab.in/lanna-rehab/

    The River Rehab: CHIANG MAI, THAILAND
    Specializations: Trauma Treatment. Substance Abuse
    https://luxuryrehab.in/the-river-rehab/

    DARA Thailand: KOH CHANG, THAILAND
    Specializations: Substance Abuse. Co-Occurring Disorders
    https://luxuryrehab.in/dara-rehab/

    Siam Rehab: CHIANG RAI, THAILAND
    Specializations: Substance Abuse
    https://luxuryrehab.in/serenity-rehab-thailand/

    Hope Rehab Center Thailand: CHONBURI, THAILAND
    Specializations: Substance Abuse
    https://luxuryrehab.in/hope-rehab-center-thailand/

    The Beach Rehab: HUA HIN, THAILAND
    Specializations: Young Adults. Substance Abuse: Alcohol, Cocaine, Methamphetamine
    https://luxuryrehab.in/the-beach-rehab/

    Wat Thamkrabok
    Drug & Alcohol Detoxification and Rehabilitation
    https://wat-thamkrabok.org/
    Think you need to find the link between substance abuse and mental health.

  17. #42
    Thailand Expat
    jamescollister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Last Online
    28-01-2020 @ 10:33 PM
    Location
    Bunthrik Ubon
    Posts
    4,768
    Quote Originally Posted by Chico View Post
    Jim I understand you've had a bit of bad luck with Govt officials though if you look in my link you may find this

    https://luxuryrehab.in/lanna-rehab/
    Not had any problems with Gov. officials, except some fines for late reporting and one 10,000 Baht fine for not having someone [ think kick back for them not having a guide ].

    Looked at your link
    https://luxuryrehab.in/lanna-rehab/

    Didn't realize you are talking $5 to $10 million US investment, different story, if so will cut you in, have jungle, bears, tigers and Buddha land near by. Can build, with Buddha monks permission, no problem, they already have a retreat.

  18. #43
    Thailand Expat
    Chico's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:04 AM
    Location
    I'm Dead
    Posts
    5,311
    Jim I'm not talking about any amount of money,I'm talking about private investment,it's not my money.

    As I've already said it's me/ex-wife providing the land and the investor,providing the resources for the retreat/rehab.


    If it come's off? I have a retirement plan,and at the same time,be able to help people along the way.

    I've also said its not lavish,like other places in the link.

  19. #44
    Thailand Expat
    Chico's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:04 AM
    Location
    I'm Dead
    Posts
    5,311
    Certain people have tried to take the piss out of the thread,though really have a look around the globe,substance abuse and mental health,is a major concern to everyone,the suicide rates are becoming unbelievable and anyone who thinks its humorous really should have a look at themselves.

  20. #45
    Thailand Expat
    NamPikToot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:58 PM
    Location
    TD has gone to the Dogs
    Posts
    10,508
    Chico, you know you are going to get a ribbing on here. I don't think that necessarily means posters doing it are heartless morons without an appreciation of the subject imho. We've all probably known or been exposed to people who have had the very problems you are looking to address through this venture. You just have to roll with the punches on this thread - got to say it has the makings of an interesting one so hang in there.
    Last edited by NamPikToot; 19-06-2019 at 11:47 PM.

  21. #46
    Thailand Expat
    Chico's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:04 AM
    Location
    I'm Dead
    Posts
    5,311
    .....
    Last edited by Chico; 20-06-2019 at 08:42 AM.

  22. #47
    Bag of shite
    Chittychangchang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    15,846
    Quote Originally Posted by Norton View Post
    If up in Isaan, put them to work on a farm. Rehab agro tourism thing combined with cooking. Cook what you plant and pick.
    Let's them sweat that shit out of their system.


    Sounds like a plan.

  23. #48
    Thailand Expat
    beerlaodrinker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Online
    30-05-2020 @ 06:37 PM
    Location
    vientiane
    Posts
    6,680
    Rehabs for quitters

  24. #49
    Thailand Expat raycarey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    14,072
    Quote Originally Posted by Chico View Post
    ex-wife providing the land and the investor,providing the resources for the retreat/rehab.
    someone else is supplying the land.....someone else is providing the funding and resources.

    what exactly are you bringing to the table, chico?

    hamburgers?

  25. #50
    Thailand Expat
    Chico's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:04 AM
    Location
    I'm Dead
    Posts
    5,311
    Fairy, stick to what you know about,being a victim that whinges the whole day long about how everyone is not nice to you.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •