Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 51 to 74 of 74
  1. #51
    Thailand Expat harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    86,383
    Quote Originally Posted by Seekingasylum View Post
    Your ineffable ignorance continues to dazzle us all. As a boorish antipodean of limited intelligence you really are a supreme example of the species, congratulations.

    Ireland's growth rate is twice that of the EU average, it has the fourth highest earnings average in the community, it pays its teachers the highest of the bloc, its state pension allowance is higher than the UK's by £30 pw and in 2020 Ireland had the highest proportion of its folk in tertiary education in comparison to all of Europe. I could offer more but engaging with you bogan ockers is as rewarding as talking to a fucking tree.
    None of which would have been possible without the UK bailing out its sorry arse, not to mention years of handouts from the EU.

  2. #52
    Thailand Expat
    DrWilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2021
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:51 PM
    Posts
    3,858
    Quote Originally Posted by Seekingasylum View Post
    Ireland's growth rate is twice that of the EU average, it has the fourth highest earnings average in the community, it pays its teachers the highest of the bloc, its state pension allowance is higher than the UK's by £30 pw and in 2020 Ireland had the highest proportion of its folk in tertiary education in comparison to all of Europe. I could offer more but engaging with you bogan ockers is as rewarding as talking to a fucking tree.
    Much of the growth rate is due to immigration, though, isn’t it? And your average Mick is a bloody racist dick moaning about how the darkies are taking up all their jobs and ducking up the Irish economy, regardless of how good you think the Irish economy is. Didn’t the Irish economic Tiger die about 10 years ago?

  3. #53
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:01 PM
    Posts
    16,074
    Quote Originally Posted by harrybarracuda View Post
    None of which would have been possible without the UK bailing out its sorry arse, not to mention years of handouts from the EU.
    Given that Ireland was an occupied state subjugated by the English for over 400 years until 1922 I rather think your employment of the term " bailing out " stretches its epistemological use to a degree beyond which it could possibly bear.

    But then, 'Arry, you are a fucking moron. Suffice to say, Ireland's single largest trading partner is the US, and in European terms it traded more with Belgium under a decade ago than with the UK.

  4. #54
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:01 PM
    Posts
    16,074
    Quote Originally Posted by DrWilly View Post
    Much of the growth rate is due to immigration, though, isn’t it? And your average Mick is a bloody racist dick moaning about how the darkies are taking up all their jobs and ducking up the Irish economy, regardless of how good you think the Irish economy is. Didn’t the Irish economic Tiger die about 10 years ago?
    Your idiocy appears to be worsening. Are you ill?

  5. #55
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:01 PM
    Posts
    16,074
    Back on theme, the locking of emergency fire doors in a public building that prevents egress should be a criminal offence and those responsible should be charged in current circumstances with manslaughter.

    But this is not a civilised country, it's a third world tinpot state without a functioning rule of law applicable to all, equally.

    I hear the owner is a youngish man from a rich local family who no doubt will pull those Thai levers of power ...............

    Shitty people, shitty country and the peasants just get fuckd over again.

  6. #56
    Thailand Expat taxexile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    17,742
    misskit

    Bullshit that Thais are uncaring. Absolute bullshit.
    the owner of the club locked the fucking fire exits you silly bint! how considerate and caring is that!

  7. #57
    Hangin' Around cyrille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    27,650
    What did the Grenfell fire say about the native inhabitants of the UK, tax?


  8. #58
    Thailand Expat taxexile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    17,742
    stumpy
    Just ignore the 2 malcontents. One of them doesn't even live here and when he did, he probably never left the confines of his little condo. You know, the old coffin dodger shuffling down to the pool then off to Hua Hin big market to sit with other foreigners and whinge and complain. Regardless I am in no way saying Thai folks are any better or worse than anywhere else in the world, but they are definitely not as bad as these 2 knuckleheads would like us all to believe with their constant negative diatribe.
    stumpy you daft american loudmouth.

    i divide my time between the uk and thailand, and have done for over 20 years now and when in thailand i spend very little time, as you put it, shuffling around in the confines of my condo or sitting and whinging with other foreigners.

    most of my time is spent in the company of thais, from very varied backgrounds, and as i can understand, speak and read the language, i consider my knowledge of the thai psyche, culture and their social mores to be far greater than yours, you being a person who seems to spend a lot of your time either luxuriating in high end resorts and restaurants where of course the thai will welcome you and your bulging wallet with the adoring and mawkish reverence they are famous for or playing with your chainsaws and power drills on your property with your father in law who obviously loves the free beer and steaks on offer there.

    and therefore your knowledge, understanding and opinions on the behaviour of thai people when faced with the situation under discussion are barely worth entertaining considering the sheltered nature of your existence in thailand.

  9. #59
    Thailand Expat taxexile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    17,742
    What did the Grenfell fire say about the native inhabitants of the UK, tax?
    aaah, that old chestnut. go on then.

    are you complaining about the millions raised by the "native inhabitants of the uk" to help the survivors or the bravery of the fire crews. what exactly is your point you dried up old tefler?

  10. #60
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:01 PM
    Posts
    16,074
    You fucking idiot, Cyril, the two events are not analogous, but perhaps you lack the intellect to comprehend that.

    The locking of fire doors of public venues charging admission, to prevent loss of revenue, is endemic throughout Thailand, you twat.

    Grenfell was a unique disaster arising from an incomplete understanding of how cladding could impact upon flammable rates compounded by, in hindsight, the dreadful decision to tell occupiers to remain in the flats with doors shut.

    Thai ignorance and dilatoriness over health and safety is a fucking scandal and only tolerated because they are a bunch of selfish, stupid, feckless and ignorant peasants manipulated by an establishment comprising the supinely sclerotic, the incompetent and the venal.

    They simply do not care. As I said, utterly dysfunctional and paralysed by their own weird culture of fear of engagement lest they make a mistake.

  11. #61
    Thailand Expat Fondles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Chonburi, Thailand
    Posts
    7,478
    This place has been open a couple of months, how is it famous ?

  12. #62
    Thailand Expat harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    86,383
    Quote Originally Posted by Seekingasylum View Post
    Given that Ireland was an occupied state subjugated by the English for over 400 years until 1922 I rather think your employment of the term " bailing out " stretches its epistemological use to a degree beyond which it could possibly bear.

    But then, 'Arry, you are a fucking moron. Suffice to say, Ireland's single largest trading partner is the US, and in European terms it traded more with Belgium under a decade ago than with the UK.
    None of that utter drivel negates what I said of course.

  13. #63
    Thailand Expat
    Bonecollector's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2021
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:45 AM
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    1,116
    Quote Originally Posted by Seekingasylum View Post
    Tax, I gather from his somewhat cavalier approach to English expression he was probably blue collar and therefore a bit, well, now how can I put this charitably, a bit pedestrian in his thinking.

    It's a broad church in which we find ourselves but, really, it's a bit off when these oafs have the effrontery to categorise their betters as 'knuckleheads'.
    You sure as shit do not sound Irish and in reality you and tax know diddly shit about Thais. I mean the mere fact that you mistake difference for negative trait just shows how wrong you both are. Just because a different culture does something a different way or, for example, doesn't feel so strongly about safety, it doesn't mean they are any less stupid but rather just different. So basically you are both just ignorant.
    One should listen twice as much as one speaks

  14. #64
    Thailand Expat misskit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Chiang Mai
    Posts
    41,417
    Police Arrest Pub Owner After 15 People Killed in Raging Fire

    Police in central Thailand have arrested the owner of the Mountain B Pub that burned down early Friday morning, killing 15 people and injuring 38 more. His lawyer Anucha Wongsrisat said his client had confessed to all charges.


    Mr. Pongsiri Panprasong, 27, reported to the Royal Thai Police, where he was promptly escorted into the police station building without talking to Thai media.


    His arrest occurred soon after the Pattaya Provincial Court issued an arrest warrant for negligent acts that caused other personsí deaths and operating a nightspot without permission. The Mountain B Pub was registered as a restaurant but was operated as a nightclub.

    His lawyer said the client admitted to the charges and will request bail from the Pattaya court on Monday.


    Police said they would oppose bail for Mr. Pongsiri, arguing that he might attempt to flee or interfere with witnesses.


    Mr. Pongsirís wife, Ms. Anongnart, 31, said she and her husband had not tried to escape their responsibility and helped the nightlife revellers that night. Their lawyer said they promised to pay the families of the dead 50,000 baht each, with 10,000 baht for each person injured.


    Used Tires on the Pubís Roof


    Mr. Pongsiriís arrest comes after a raging fire gutted the Mountain B Pub in the Sattahip district of Chon Buri at 1am on Friday, killing 15 people and seriously injuring 38.
    It is initially believed that a short circuit caused the deadly fire that broke out at the Mountain B pub near the stage before it quickly spread to other areas.


    In the meantime, the Mayor of Sattahip, Narong Bunbancherdsri, stated that the pub owner was granted permission to erect a building to operate a restaurant after studying the blueprints of the building.


    City officials, however, were unaware of the restaurantís partial conversion into a nightclub until the fire.


    He said used car tires were found on the Mountain B pubís roof that fire investigators believe were used by the pub owner to absorb the noise from the music after numerous complaints from people in the neighbourhood.


    In addition, he said that metal sheets lined the ceiling, and the heavy car tires might reduce vibrations in the metal sheets and the structure of the building when the band played.

    Police Arrest Pub Owner After 15 People Killed In Raging Fire

  15. #65
    Thailand Expat
    DrWilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2021
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:51 PM
    Posts
    3,858
    Quote Originally Posted by misskit View Post
    Their lawyer said they promised to pay the families of the dead 50,000 baht each,
    Oh well, that'll fix it then.


    Quote Originally Posted by misskit View Post
    He said used car tires were found on the Mountain B pub’s roof that fire investigators believe were used by the pub owner to absorb the noise from the music after numerous complaints from people in the neighbourhood.


    In addition, he said that metal sheets lined the ceiling, and the heavy car tires might reduce vibrations in the metal sheets and the structure of the building when the band played.
    Sounds like a quality build.

  16. #66
    Thailand Expat
    DrWilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2021
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:51 PM
    Posts
    3,858
    Quote Originally Posted by taxexile View Post
    i spend very little time, as you put it, shuffling around in the confines of my condo or sitting and whinging with other foreigners.

    most of my time is spent in the company of thais, from very varied backgrounds, and as i can understand, speak and read the language, i consider my knowledge of the thai psyche, culture and their social mores to be far greater than yours,


  17. #67
    Viva Ukraine
    Hugh Cow's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:58 PM
    Location
    Qld/Bangkok
    Posts
    3,673
    Quote Originally Posted by Seekingasylum View Post
    Your ineffable ignorance continues to dazzle us all. As a boorish antipodean of limited intelligence you really are a supreme example of the species, congratulations.

    Ireland's growth rate is twice that of the EU average, it has the fourth highest earnings average in the community, it pays its teachers the highest of the bloc, its state pension allowance is higher than the UK's by £30 pw and in 2020 Ireland had the highest proportion of its folk in tertiary education in comparison to all of Europe. I could offer more but engaging with you bogan ockers is as rewarding as talking to a fucking tree.
    One would expect after 50 billion euros of EU largesse, even the dumbest race in Europe might have finally achieved something a little more than being Britains potato farm whilst at the same time trying to outbreed the local rabbit population, evidenced by the fact one can find an irish decendant from an Indian woman deep in the amazonian rain forest to a Congolese female benobo.
    As for bogan ockers, may I remind you there is a reason why the world's gold standard for "dumb" jokes always involves irishmen.

  18. #68
    Hangin' Around cyrille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    27,650
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Cow View Post
    One would expect after 50 billion euros of EU largesse, even the dumbest race in Europe might have finally achieved something a little more than being Britains potato farm whilst at the same time trying to outbreed the local rabbit population, evidenced by the fact one can find an irish decendant from an Indian woman deep in the amazonian rain forest to a Congolese female benobo.
    As for bogan ockers, may I remind you there is a reason why the world's gold standard for "dumb" jokes always involves irishmen.
    It's because they get around more than Bogan ockers, as even you noticed.

    And 'Irish' is not a race

    As with so many of your 'world views', these are 50 years out of date.

  19. #69
    Thailand Expat harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    86,383
    Police said they would oppose bail for Mr. Pongsiri, arguing that he might attempt to flee or interfere with witnesses.
    And what about the police taking backhanders from the owner?

  20. #70
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:01 PM
    Posts
    16,074
    Quote Originally Posted by misskit View Post





    In the meantime, the Mayor of Sattahip, Narong Bunbancherdsri, stated that the pub owner was granted permission to erect a building to operate a restaurant after studying the blueprints of the building.


    City officials, however, were unaware of the restaurantís partial conversion into a nightclub until the fire.

    As I said, Thai are such crooked creeps they couldn't fucking lie straight in bed.

    But because they assume everyone is as dumb as they are they think they will be believed.

    Problem is, since its build the club has generated loads of complaints about noise and numerous calls to the local amphur but I suppose a simple denial from some fat-arsed panjandrum will be sufficient to deflect responsibility.

    Thainess......just fucking lie ......" why u care, not your business"

    And of course Thai raak Thai so fucking much they value customers' lives at 50,000 baht a pop.

    Shitty people, shitty country.

  21. #71
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:01 PM
    Posts
    16,074
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Cow View Post
    One would expect after 50 billion euros of EU largesse, even the dumbest race in Europe might have finally achieved something a little more than being Britains potato farm whilst at the same time trying to outbreed the local rabbit population, evidenced by the fact one can find an irish decendant from an Indian woman deep in the amazonian rain forest to a Congolese female benobo.
    As for bogan ockers, may I remind you there is a reason why the world's gold standard for "dumb" jokes always involves irishmen.
    I rather think my toilet brush demonstrates more intelligence than your diarrhetic drivel, you ghastly little antipodean pustule.

  22. #72
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:01 PM
    Posts
    16,074
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonecollector View Post
    You sure as shit do not sound Irish .
    Mmmmm....so, perhaps you could enlighten us all as to how exactly an Irishman should 'sound' when posting on a board, you fucking idiot.

    To be sure, to be sure.

    Begorrah, hippity, skippity jippity ......bedad.

    You gormless twat.

  23. #73
    Thailand Expat taxexile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    17,742
    our resident oiks, mostly humourless americans or the meatheaded australians, always post true to form but at least they were always there for us more cultured folk whenever we needed our toilets unblocked, our garbage collected or our purchases delivered to our front door.

  24. #74
    Thailand Expat
    Headworx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Jomtien
    Posts
    7,311
    ^Yeah calm down Guptil.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 7 users browsing this thread. (2 members and 5 guests)

  1. panama hat

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •