Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Thailand Expat misskit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Chiang Mai
    Posts
    37,964

    Holidays approach starting this weekend in Thailand bringing alcohol sale bans

    Several major holidays are approaching over the upcoming weekend and next week, which will impact many with both the way they will be marked and due to related measures, with traditional activities like the cover photo banned this year.


    First up, is Asahana Bucha day on Saturday, July 24th, 2021 (Marked as a government holiday, however, on Monday, July 26th, 2021 as it falls on a weekend.)


    Sunday, July 25th, 2021, is the start of Buddhist Lent.

    For many foreigners, the biggest change on these days will be a total ban on ALL alcohol sales. Bars and entertainment venues are currently closed nationwide and in most places, restaurants cannot sell alcohol, with a few exceptions like Phuket. So the effect these days will have will be less than prior years. However, even buying at supermarkets or convenience stores is illegal on these days per Thai law, so stock up in advance.


    Only Saturday and Sunday will be the alcohol ban days, alcohol will be allowed on Monday, July 27th, as it is a “makeup” day and not the actual religious holiday.


    Wednesday, July 28th, 2021, is the birthday of His Royal Majesty the Thai King, Maha Vajiralongkorn. This is NOT an alcohol ban day.


    Tuesday, July 28th, will be a normal business day and was canceled as a public holiday due to Covid-19 and officials urging people not to travel for the holiday period and “stay home”. However, Royal Thai Immigration will be closed on Monday and Wednesday of next week, keep that in mind in advance.


    All three holidays will be marked mostly online due to an ongoing breakout in Thailand and officials asking provinces and temples not to throw ceremonies with the public, temple fairs, public sermons, or other normal events.

    Holidays approach starting this weekend in Thailand bringing alcohol sale bans, Immigration closures, and Covid-19 restrictions - The Pattaya News

  2. #2
    Thailand Expat Fondles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Chonburi, Thailand
    Posts
    7,125
    Got the Thursday and Friday off as annual leave, had planned to head up country to sink piss with a mate at the house he has just built.

    1000km drive criss crossing 5 provinces.... cannot see it happening.

    5 days sitting at home beside the pool drinking beers and scotch it is !!!!................ prolly fucking piss down rain.

    The Meth One's Fuck The Best !!


  3. #3
    Days Work Done! Norton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:07 PM
    Location
    Roiet
    Posts
    32,121
    Quote Originally Posted by Fondles View Post
    1000km drive criss crossing 5 provinces.... cannot see it happening
    Depending on which provinces you have to travel through, should not have a prob re roadblocks. Just traveled through 3 to Khon Kaen from Roiet and nary 1 road block.

  4. #4
    Thailand Expat Fondles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Chonburi, Thailand
    Posts
    7,125
    Quote Originally Posted by Norton View Post
    Depending on which provinces you have to travel through, should not have a prob re roadblocks. Just traveled through 3 to Khon Kaen from Roiet and nary 1 road block.
    Chonburi to up past Chaing Rai right on the Laos border.

    Prefer to drive at night and with the current curfew that is not feasible either, combined with possible road blocks and 14 day self quarantine...... sitting at home for 5 days by me pool in the pissing down rain sinking piss me thinks is the better option.

  5. #5
    Days Work Done! Norton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:07 PM
    Location
    Roiet
    Posts
    32,121
    Quote Originally Posted by Fondles View Post
    sitting at home for 5 days by me pool in the pissing down rain sinking piss me thinks is the better option.
    Lessor of evils and low stress.

  6. #6
    On a walkabout Loy Toy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    29,527
    Quote Originally Posted by Fondles View Post
    Chonburi to up past Chaing Rai right on the Laos border.

    Prefer to drive at night and with the current curfew that is not feasible either, combined with possible road blocks and 14 day self quarantine...... sitting at home for 5 days by me pool in the pissing down rain sinking piss me thinks is the better option.
    Nice if you can reply to my PM my aussie mate.

  7. #7
    Thailand Expat Fondles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Chonburi, Thailand
    Posts
    7,125
    Quote Originally Posted by Loy Toy View Post
    Nice if you can reply to my PM my aussie mate.
    I threw the wrapping in the bin with the pie so not 100% sure what the name was.

    House maid bought, I don't know where from.

  8. #8
    Hangin' Around cyrille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    24,613
    Quote Originally Posted by Fondles View Post
    I threw the wrapping in the bin with the pie

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •