Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 31
  1. #1
    Thailand Expat
    PAG's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:55 PM
    Location
    Chalong, Phuket
    Posts
    3,267

    Phuket Restaurants now able to serve alcohol effective 21st June 2021


    Restaurants in Phuket have been given permission to serve alcoholic beverages with food, the Phuket Covid Information Center announced on Monday (June 21).

    The sale and consumption of alcoholic beverages or liquor is allowed in restaurants up to 11pm, the announcement read.

    The easing of a host of other restrictions were also announced with department stores, convenience stores, shopping malls, gyms, fitness centres and beauty salons all given permission to reopen as normal.

    Cinemas, amusement parks and water parks can also reopen between the hours of 6am and 8pm.

    Socialising and drinking on beaches and other public places can take place in accordance with the law.

    However, events of more than 200 people are still prohibited.

    Private parties such as birthday parties, housewarming parties, including traditional ceremonies such as funerals, ordination and weddings can take place providing there are adequate preventive measures to reduce the risk of infection and the events comply with other relevant laws.

    Phuket on Monday was officially downgraded to a ‘yellow zone’ with the relaxing of measures coming just days before the island reopens to international tourists.

    The relaxation of measures detailed above are effective immediately.

  2. #2
    Thailand Expat
    PAG's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:55 PM
    Location
    Chalong, Phuket
    Posts
    3,267
    Meanwhile, things go from bad to worse in Pattaya. Chonburi have reported a record high of 335 new Covid cases today.


  3. #3
    Thailand Expat Slick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    6,040
    Quote Originally Posted by PAG View Post
    drinking on beaches
    Right in time for me to get out of quarantine and into phuket.

  4. #4
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:29 AM
    Posts
    15,509
    Quote Originally Posted by PAG View Post
    Meanwhile, things go from bad to worse in Pattaya. Chonburi have reported a record high of 335 new Covid cases today.
    You do realise that Chonburi city is nearly 70 kilometres from Pattaya, don't you? Chonburi is also the name of the chanwat. Sometimes, one truly does wonder what so-called expats actually know about the fucking country in which they are living.

    On reflection, you probably don't know your arse from a hole in the ground most days.

    The problem is of course that daily across the country the numbers of infected remain constant between 3500 - 4500, and the 'R' rate seems anchored on 1.

    Given that only around 7-8% of the country have received their first jab, mutations of the virus abound and several strains demonstrate increased virulence, one truly has to wonder at the utter stupidity of a government that wishes to forsake its advantage gained over the past year by now opening the country, in the throes of its worst outbreak since the pandemic began, to foreign tourism because the Thai-Chinese syndicate that run this country want to make more money.

    PS. Banglamung, i.e Pattaya, has recorded 7 new cases today.
    Last edited by Seekingasylum; 22-06-2021 at 10:16 AM.

  5. #5
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Online
    23-06-2021 @ 08:38 AM
    Posts
    5
    Thanks. Is there a link to this as I couldn't find the announcement in the usual places.

  6. #6
    Thailand Expat
    PAG's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:55 PM
    Location
    Chalong, Phuket
    Posts
    3,267
    Quote Originally Posted by Seekingasylum View Post
    You do realise that Chonburi city is nearly 70 kilometres from Pattaya, don't you? Chonburi is also the name of the chanwat. Sometimes, one truly does wonder what so-called expats actually know about the fucking country in which they are living.
    Of course I'm aware of that, however Pattaya remains part of Chonburi Province, with little to no control of intra provincial travel except of course to/from any provincial islands. When are you getting your vaccinations SA? My first one (both will be AstraZeneca) is next Monday.....


  7. #7
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:29 AM
    Posts
    15,509
    The contagion is between migrant workers in their hovels and local Chonburi city market feeders, all of whom seldom, if ever, need to venture down to Banglamung and no-one I know has ever actually been to Chonburi city or environs for any reason other than as background scenery as they drive through.
    As long as one is sensible and keeps their distance here it is relatively safe - I do not go to any restaurants or food courts, and only visit a mall in order to access the supermarket.

    I was told by my local private hospital where I am registered that in return for 4,000 baht, in advance, I can register for an appointment to receive Moderna jabs in October. I got the wingman to tell them to stick it where the sun don't shine.

    However, through local contacts I and the wingman might be able to piggyback on a Sinopharm/Chulabhorn deal in a week or two.

    The Chonburi/Pattaya mafia organisation here is shockingly bad but then it's the nature of things here where appointments to public office are rarely dependent on skill, talent or judgement.

  8. #8
    Thailand Expat
    rebbu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:32 PM
    Location
    Beautiful fire breathing money machines every where I look
    Posts
    2,498
    I got offered the Moderna vaccine from a private hospital. I've been using this hospital for years for my medicals to work in the oil & gas industry. They mailed me a day before I was flying back to work. The company medical team advised me not to take it as it was to close to flight time.
    I'm getting the first AstraZeneca shot on Thursday after I finish my five day quarantine at work.

  9. #9
    Thailand Expat harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    77,333
    Quote Originally Posted by PAG View Post

    Restaurants in Phuket have been given permission to serve alcoholic beverages with food, the Phuket Covid Information Center announced on Monday (June 21).

    The sale and consumption of alcoholic beverages or liquor is allowed in restaurants up to 11pm, the announcement read.
    I was waiting to see how this would be interpreted.

    All they said was restaurants in Yellow Zones are allowed to open "as usual".

    So is it usual to stop serving alcohol at 11pm or is this yet another example of vague national directives being interpreted by some clueless local official?

  10. #10
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:29 AM
    Posts
    15,509
    Quote Originally Posted by rebbu View Post
    I got offered the Moderna vaccine from a private hospital. I've been using this hospital for years for my medicals to work in the oil & gas industry. They mailed me a day before I was flying back to work. The company medical team advised me not to take it as it was to close to flight time.
    I'm getting the first AstraZeneca shot on Thursday after I finish my five day quarantine at work.
    Which hospital and where offered you the Moderna vaccination, and when?

  11. #11
    Thailand Expat
    rebbu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:32 PM
    Location
    Beautiful fire breathing money machines every where I look
    Posts
    2,498
    I'm not giving away the name of the hospital but it's in Bangkok.
    Quite a lot of oil & gas workers have been 'shadow vaccinated' in Thailand. The larger operators will pay through the nose to get key workers jabbed.

  12. #12
    Thailand Expat armstrong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    3,830
    It's pretty easy to get vaccinated in BKK now. They don't seem to be following a vulnerable people first list.

  13. #13
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:29 AM
    Posts
    15,509
    Quote Originally Posted by rebbu View Post
    I'm not giving away the name of the hospital but it's in Bangkok.
    Quite a lot of oil & gas workers have been 'shadow vaccinated' in Thailand. The larger operators will pay through the nose to get key workers jabbed.
    That's interesting because Moderna was not approved by the Thai FDA until 13th May and the importing agency, the Private Hospital Association, did not get the green light to place an order through the Govt.Pharmaceutical Office until a couple of weeks ago and this as you know has to be processed by the Thai govt. drug procurement agency Vuelig since no foreign vaccine producer will deal with anyone other than a state entity.

    Why would you not share your knowledge? I mean, who would give a flying fuck among the Thai what some farang blue collar worker has to say?

    Unless you are simply talking bollox.

    Are you just talking bollox?

  14. #14
    Thailand Expat Slick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    6,040
    Quote Originally Posted by Seekingasylum View Post
    Which hospital and where offered you the Moderna vaccination, and when?
    The only hospital that offers the international standard (and certificate) offshore medical in Bangkok is Bumrungrad. I go there every 2 years (sometimes yearly) for my offshore medicals.

    Quote Originally Posted by rebbu View Post
    I'm not giving away the name of the hospital but it's in Bangkok.
    Quite a lot of oil & gas workers have been 'shadow vaccinated' in Thailand. The larger operators will pay through the nose to get key workers jabbed.
    Maybe with sinovac but no way they are getting moderna. If working offshore in Thailand, you'd probably get the jab as oil & gas is critical infrastructure, but Moderna is poppycock.

  15. #15
    Thailand Expat harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    77,333
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    Maybe with sinovac but no way they are getting moderna. If working offshore in Thailand, you'd probably get the jab as oil & gas is critical infrastructure, but Moderna is poppycock.
    You obviously don't know what can be accomplished in Thailand if you have sufficient financial resources.


  16. #16
    Thailand Expat Slick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    6,040
    Quote Originally Posted by harrybarracuda View Post
    You obviously don't know what can be accomplished in Thailand if you have sufficient financial resources.
    Id believe it if it wasn't Moderna & Bumrungrad.

    I mean, rich Thais are flying to the USA for Moderna shots by themselves.

  17. #17
    Thailand Expat harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    77,333
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    Id believe it if it wasn't Moderna & Bumrungrad.

    I mean, rich Thais are flying to the USA for Moderna shots by themselves.
    The poster did not name the hospital. You did.

  18. #18
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:29 AM
    Posts
    15,509
    The point is, 'Arry, Rebbu has been caught out in a wee fib.

  19. #19
    Thailand Expat harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    77,333
    Quote Originally Posted by Seekingasylum View Post
    The point is, 'Arry, Rebbu has been caught out in a wee fib.

    No he hasn't. You're just upset that he knows something you don't.


  20. #20
    Thailand Expat
    rebbu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:32 PM
    Location
    Beautiful fire breathing money machines every where I look
    Posts
    2,498
    It's telling that a belligerent OAP thinks that everyone who works in the oil & gas industry is a blue collar worker.
    It must really stick in your throat that you're not actually that important, needed or wanted here by the government hence that is why you are at the bottom rung of the vaccine roll out in a third world country.

    And slick there are more approved hospitals in Bangkok than Bummagrad for oil & gas medicals but they are not available for everyone.

    My company has an exclusive contract with this hospital. I'm staff with this company & even our contractors aren't allowed to use it.
    So to sum up Genticles wait your turn you poverty stricken sausage smuggling failure. I have no reason to lie.
    Slick, stop making assumptions & don't think you know exactly everything that goes on LOS.

  21. #21
    Thailand Expat Slick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    6,040
    Quote Originally Posted by rebbu View Post
    Slick, stop making assumptions & don't think you know exactly everything that goes on LOS.
    Its not an assumption, pretty much everything right here is true:

    Quote Originally Posted by Seekingasylum View Post
    That's interesting because Moderna was not approved by the Thai FDA until 13th May and the importing agency, the Private Hospital Association, did not get the green light to place an order through the Govt.Pharmaceutical Office until a couple of weeks ago and this as you know has to be processed by the Thai govt. drug procurement agency Vuelig since no foreign vaccine producer will deal with anyone other than a state entity.

  22. #22
    In Uranus
    bsnub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    24,083
    I love to see the rats scurry. I got my last jab of Moderna the first week of March.


  23. #23
    Thailand Expat Slick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    6,040
    Quote Originally Posted by bsnub View Post
    I got my last jab of Moderna the first week of March.
    So what dire physical illness do you have that allowed you to get the vaccination in March?

  24. #24
    Thailand Expat
    rebbu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:32 PM
    Location
    Beautiful fire breathing money machines every where I look
    Posts
    2,498
    OK, mate. Just to give you some context as to vaccine roll out in Bangkok. The small Moo ban I live in has 40 houses. Every adult is fully vaccinated there, everyone including their house staff. They all got the AstraZenica vaccine. They didn't fly out to the States on vaccine holidays they were sold them here regardless of age, health or any other reasons.
    Now I keep seeing people saying the 'hiso' are flying out to the States on vaccine holidays. The 'hiso' bought their jabs here. A local second hand car dealer I bought a car from for my sons eighteenth flew to the States to get himself & his family vaccinated. He's a wealthy guy but he's not in the circle.

    Again, this is LOS everything has a price here but not everyone is allowed to play ball.

  25. #25
    Thailand Expat Slick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    6,040
    Quote Originally Posted by rebbu View Post
    They all got the AstraZenica vaccine.
    Thats because this vaccination is approved by the Thai FDA and was purchased my the millions by the Thai government to be used on the populace. Its already in circulation.

    Moderna is not, not yet anyway, and the only plan (that ive seen so far) for Moderna was to be sold by private hospitals for 3,800 baht, which is nowhere near starting yet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •