Results 1 to 20 of 20
  1. #1
    Thailand Expat misskit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Chiang Mai
    Posts
    34,456

    Quick-thinking wife manages to save her husband from wild elephant attack

    A womanís spontaneous reaction saved a rubber tapper in Bueng Kan province from being killed by a wild elephant late on Sunday.

    The woman managed to drive way the elephant by screaming and banging together objects before the animal could stomp her husband, Supat Klonsalab, 33, to death.

    Supat is currently being treated in hospital for injuries that are not too severe.His wife Primanee Chairat, 37, told reporters that the pachyderm took her husband by surprise, adding that the area was not an elephant habitat.

    She said when she found the elephant stomping on her husband, she quickly grabbed some objects and banged them together to make a noise and scare the animal way.

    Taweep Khamphaengmuang, chief of Phu Wua Wildlife Sanctuary, offered the couple gifts and some funds to cover Supatís medical bill.

    He also apologised for the accident and said elephants sometimes ventured out of the sanctuary to find food. He said people should place bright lights around the perimeter of their property or burn chillies to drive them away.
    Quick-thinking wife manages to save her husband from wild elephant attack

  2. #2
    En route
    Cujo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:01 PM
    Location
    Reality.
    Posts
    31,438
    I feel sorry for the elephants. (or in fact all the animals that have to live in a world with humans)

  3. #3
    Thailand Expat misskit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Chiang Mai
    Posts
    34,456
    I fell sorry for all the wild animals. There is almost 8 billion of us and just a handful of them left. We keep on taking their space and killing them off.

    A tiger can kill a person and it is standard to hunt the tiger down and kill it. They deserve to eat a few people, IMO.

    Damn depressing, the state of things regarding wildlife.

  4. #4
    Thailand Expat
    taxexile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    16,569
    We keep on taking their space and killing them off.
    A tiger can kill a person
    They deserve to eat a few people,
    your argument is flawed.

    if you are going to equate the life of a human with the life of an animal then a human has just as much right to kill an animal as the animal does to kill a human.

    its "natures rules" on this planet, not human sentimentality, and nature dictates that only the fittest will survival. nature in all or some of its forms will adapt and survive with a greater rate of success than humans. nature has no time for the mawkish sentimentality that affects humans.

    just look at the mess created by a tiny microscopic virus as it struggles to survive. do you think the virus deserves the right to kill humans?

  5. #5
    En route
    Cujo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:01 PM
    Location
    Reality.
    Posts
    31,438
    Quote Originally Posted by taxexile View Post
    your argument is flawed.

    if you are going to equate the life of a human with the life of an animal then a human has just as much right to kill an animal as the animal does to kill a human.

    its "natures rules" on this planet, not human sentimentality, and nature dictates that only the fittest will survival. nature in all or some of its forms will adapt and survive with a greater rate of success than humans. nature has no time for the mawkish sentimentality that affects humans.

    just look at the mess created by a tiny microscopic virus as it struggles to survive. do you think the virus deserves the right to kill humans?
    You're soft in the head.
    Humans are the planets virus.

  6. #6
    Thailand Expat
    taxexile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    16,569
    ^

    speak for yourself.

  7. #7
    En route
    Cujo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:01 PM
    Location
    Reality.
    Posts
    31,438
    Quote Originally Posted by taxexile View Post
    ^

    speak for yourself.
    and you and the rest of the billions about to destroy paradise.

  8. #8
    Lone Monarchist
    Backspin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:03 PM
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    3,519
    Quote Originally Posted by Cujo View Post
    I feel sorry for the elephants. (or in fact all the animals that have to live in a world with humans)
    Yeah is such a nice peaceful world for them in the wild. Eating to live one more day. Eating their young if the winter gets a little tough

    Nevermind the fact that the forests in Europe which were predicted to be gone in the 1900's , are now bigger than they were in the 1800's.

    No matter how much progress the world makes environmentally , the self hating Malthusians will keep at it until the human race is extinct

  9. #9
    Lone Monarchist
    Backspin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:03 PM
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    3,519
    Quote Originally Posted by Cujo View Post
    You're soft in the head.
    Humans are the planets virus.
    Wow. That is the most pathetic answer to a well reasoned argument I have ever seen.

  10. #10
    Hansum Man! panama hat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:35 PM
    Location
    Way, Way South of the border now - thank God!
    Posts
    26,281
    Quote Originally Posted by Backspin View Post
    Wow. That is the most pathetic answer to a well reasoned argument I have ever seen.
    Well-reasoned? What a cretin you are

  11. #11
    Thailand Expat VocalNeal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:52 AM
    Location
    The Kingdom of Lanna
    Posts
    11,762
    Quote Originally Posted by Backspin View Post

    Nevermind the fact that the forests in Europe which were predicted to be gone in the 1900's , are now bigger than they were in the 1800's.
    Didn't NASA recently say the planet is greener now than it was in 1985? Plants love CO2

  12. #12
    En route
    Cujo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:01 PM
    Location
    Reality.
    Posts
    31,438
    Quote Originally Posted by VocalNeal View Post
    Didn't NASA recently say the planet is greener now than it was in 1985? Plants love CO2
    Um, no.

  13. #13
    Thailand Expat TheRealKW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    5,418
    Quote Originally Posted by Backspin View Post
    Eating their young if the winter gets a little tough
    Elephants in Thailand???

  14. #14
    Hansum Man! panama hat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:35 PM
    Location
    Way, Way South of the border now - thank God!
    Posts
    26,281
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealKW View Post
    Elephants in Thailand???
    The 'special' school Skidmark went to and 'graduated' from didn't really go into details about animals . . .

  15. #15
    Thailand Expat harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    72,191
    Quote Originally Posted by taxexile View Post
    your argument is flawed.

    if you are going to equate the life of a human with the life of an animal then a human has just as much right to kill an animal as the animal does to kill a human.

    its "natures rules" on this planet, not human sentimentality, and nature dictates that only the fittest will survival. nature in all or some of its forms will adapt and survive with a greater rate of success than humans. nature has no time for the mawkish sentimentality that affects humans.

    just look at the mess created by a tiny microscopic virus as it struggles to survive. do you think the virus deserves the right to kill humans?
    The simple virus has been on this planet a lot longer than mankind has.

    We are the ones defying nature, and nature has a way of balancing things out.

  16. #16
    Thailand Expat
    aging one's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    19,433
    Quote Originally Posted by backspin View Post
    eating their young if the winter gets a little tough

    wtf?

    Quick-thinking wife manages to save her husband from wild elephant attack-images-1-jpg

  17. #17
    Lone Monarchist
    Backspin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:03 PM
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    3,519
    Quote Originally Posted by VocalNeal View Post
    Didn't NASA recently say the planet is greener now than it was in 1985? Plants love CO2
    Yes. The world has made huge progress environmentally in the last 30 years. But just like gay rights , it doesn't matter how much progress we make. The neo Malthusians keep pushing even harder

  18. #18
    Lone Monarchist
    Backspin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:03 PM
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    3,519
    Quote Originally Posted by Cujo View Post
    Um, no.
    'Em yes. JFC

  19. #19
    Lone Monarchist
    Backspin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:03 PM
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    3,519
    Quote Originally Posted by harrybarracuda View Post
    The simple virus has been on this planet a lot longer than mankind has.

    We are the ones defying nature, and nature has a way of balancing things out.
    That's still the same contradiction. It does not in any way , invalidate Taxexiles argument.

  20. #20
    Thailand Expat
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    5,556
    Quote Originally Posted by misskit View Post
    They deserve to eat a few people, IMO.
    A volunteer ?

    Or do you mean some poor indian or nepalese ?

    I think the sharks deserve to eat a whole lot of aussies

    Sounds stupid doesn't it ?
    Quote Originally Posted by misskit View Post
    Damn depressing, the state of things regarding wildlife.
    Absolutely

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •