Results 1 to 25 of 25
  1. #1
    Thailand Expat
    hallelujah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:32 AM
    Posts
    5,157

    Kim Jong-un apologises and cries


  2. #2
    Thailand Expat
    Klondyke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:52 PM
    Posts
    7,930
    Quote Originally Posted by hallelujah View Post
    No, not when he saw his hair in the mirror.
    Showing that with your washed brain you cannot get more out of it? Try again...

  3. #3
    Thailand Expat
    hallelujah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:32 AM
    Posts
    5,157
    Quote Originally Posted by Klondyke View Post
    Showing that with your washed brain you cannot get more out of it? Try again...
    You're a brainwashed Commie idiot. Now fcuk off back to the Putin troll factory, you silly old fool.

  4. #4
    Thailand Expat harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    71,166
    It would seem he is aware that his people know more and more about what is going on in, and probably outside, the country.

  5. #5
    Thailand Expat
    hallelujah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:32 AM
    Posts
    5,157
    Quote Originally Posted by harrybarracuda View Post
    It would seem he is aware that his people know more and more about what is going on in, and probably outside, the country.
    The phrase 'crocodile tears' immediately came to mind when I read it. It may well be down to what what you say because it's certainly odd seeing him play the fragile, humble leader in front of the people.

  6. #6
    Bigly Fiendish
    Looper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:10 AM
    Posts
    12,820
    Quote Originally Posted by hallelujah View Post
    Kim Jong-un apologises and cries

    No, not when he saw his hair in the mirror.
    Maybe when his stern-faced sister hog-tied him at his requested weekly punishment session?

    She gets the jack boots on and goose steps up and down in front of him to marching music before spanking him on his fat botty with a riding crop while he blows his load on the carpet and then bursts into tears and apologises.

    Kim Jong-un apologises and cries-ap_kim-sister-jpg

  7. #7
    Thailand Expat
    hallelujah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:32 AM
    Posts
    5,157
    ^ while smearing Kim in his own stash of Swiss fondue..

  8. #8
    Thailand Expat harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    71,166
    Quote Originally Posted by hallelujah View Post
    The phrase 'crocodile tears' immediately came to mind when I read it. It may well be down to what what you say because it's certainly odd seeing him play the fragile, humble leader in front of the people.
    He certainly lacks the god-like reputation his father instilled in the North Korean people.

    Has he even had one hole in one?

    I mean his dad had 11 on a round of 34 over 18 holes.

  9. #9
    Busy gal

    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    1,205
    What a nightmare the North Korean's are living in. Covid could be worse than we know about. I'm not sure if the tears are real, but if they are he probably knows that the economy is fucked.

  10. #10
    Thailand Expat harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    71,166
    Quote Originally Posted by MarilynMonroe View Post
    What a nightmare the North Korean's are living in. Covid could be worse than we know about. I'm not sure if the tears are real, but if they are he probably knows that the economy is fucked.
    They only need enough to feed the fat fucker and his army.

    The rest can starve to death for all he cares. And frequently do.

  11. #11
    Hansum Man! panama hat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:19 PM
    Location
    Way, Way South of the border now - thank God!
    Posts
    25,468
    Quote Originally Posted by Klondyke View Post
    Showing that with your washed brain you cannot get more out of it? Try again...
    Not being able to accept criticism of, let alone criticise, a well-documented murderer and sociopath shows your brain has been 'washed' a long time ago.


    "Kim Jong-un apologises and cries"

    It's a shame that seppuku isn't a Korean 'thing'

  12. #12
    Lone Monarchist
    Backspin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:49 AM
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    3,084
    Quote Originally Posted by MarilynMonroe View Post
    What a nightmare the North Korean's are living in. Covid could be worse than we know about. I'm not sure if the tears are real, but if they are he probably knows that the economy is fucked.
    What insight

    The NK. economy has been structurally fucked since 1945 be because you know...its Communist.

    But compared to the 90's, the NK economy is doing rather ok. There is no actual famines in NK right now. But you aren't allowed to say these things. Cuz that makes you a Commi apologist yadayadayada
    Last edited by Backspin; 13-10-2020 at 08:24 AM.

  13. #13
    Busy gal

    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    1,205
    Quote Originally Posted by Backspin View Post
    What insight

    The NK. economy has been structurally fucked since 1945 be because you know...its Communist.

    But compared to the 90's, the NK economy is doing rather ok. There is no actual famines in NK right now. But you aren't allowed to say these things. Cuz that makes you a Commi apologist yadayadayada
    It is a known fact that 60% of NK's people live below the poverty line.

  14. #14
    Thailand Expat TheRealKW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    4,723
    Quote Originally Posted by MarilynMonroe View Post
    It is a known fact that 60% of NK's people live below the poverty line.

    Forty percent of the population, about 24 million people, live below the poverty line.

    Poverty in North Korea | The Borgen ProjectPoverty in North Korea | The Borgen Project.

  15. #15
    Busy gal

    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    1,205
    Poverty in Korea has been attributed to poor governance by the totalitarian regime.[8] It is estimated that 60% of the total population of North Korea live below the poverty line in 2020.

    Poverty in North Korea - Wikipedia

  16. #16
    Thailand Expat TheRealKW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    4,723
    Quote Originally Posted by MarilynMonroe View Post
    Poverty in Korea has been attributed to poor governance by the totalitarian regime.[8] It is estimated that 60% of the total population of North Korea live below the poverty line in 2020.

    Poverty in North Korea - Wikipedia

    oh I see, you get your facts from Wikipedia.

  17. #17
    Busy gal

    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    1,205

  18. #18
    Hansum Man! panama hat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:19 PM
    Location
    Way, Way South of the border now - thank God!
    Posts
    25,468
    Quote Originally Posted by Backspin View Post
    There is no actual famines in NK right now. But you aren't allowed to say these things. Cuz that makes you a Commi apologist yadayadayada
    No, that's not the reason. The reason is that only morons would believe that . . . without foreign aid the country would starve
    Last edited by panama hat; 13-10-2020 at 10:49 AM.

  19. #19
    Thailand Expat harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    71,166
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealKW View Post
    oh I see, you get your facts from Wikipedia.
    You don't really know how Wikipedia works, do you?

    What do we know about poverty in North Korea? | Humanities and Social Sciences Communications

  20. #20
    Thailand Expat
    Klondyke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:52 PM
    Posts
    7,930
    Quote Originally Posted by MarilynMonroe View Post
    What a nightmare the North Korean's are living in.
    Quote Originally Posted by harrybarracuda View Post
    They only need enough to feed the fat fucker and his army.
    Why they had not made use of the kind help 60 years ago when they were enabled to build their country from scratch since no usable building was left:

    Almost every substantial building in North Korea was destroyed as a result.[364][365] The war's highest-ranking US POW, Major General William F. Dean,[366] reported that the majority of North Korean cities and villages he saw were either rubble or snow-covered wasteland.[367][368] North Korean factories, schools, hospitals, and government offices were forced to move underground, and air defenses were "non-existent".[362]

    In November 1950, the North Korean leadership instructed their population to build dugouts and mud huts and to dig tunnels, in order to solve the acute housing problem.[369] US Air Force General Curtis LeMay commented: "We went over there and fought the war and eventually burned down every town in North Korea anyway, some way or another, and some in South Korea, too."[370] Pyongyang, which saw 75 percent of its area destroyed, was so devastated that bombing was halted as there were no longer any worthy targets.[371][372]
    Korean War - Wikipedia
    Why they are not so well developed like e.g. Haiti, Dominican Republic, where they could better make use of the kind support from their neighbours and UN?

  21. #21
    Hansum Man! panama hat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:19 PM
    Location
    Way, Way South of the border now - thank God!
    Posts
    25,468
    Quote Originally Posted by Klondyke View Post
    Why they are not so well developed like e.g. Haiti, Dominican Republic
    Correct . . . plus in Haiti and the DR people can speak freely, welcome foreign visitors . . . oh, you don't know what you're talking about?

    Quelle surprise.


  22. #22
    Thailand Expat
    Klondyke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:52 PM
    Posts
    7,930
    Quote Originally Posted by panama hat View Post
    in Haiti and the DR people can speak freely, welcome foreign visitors
    ...welcoming foreign "enemies"...
    Kim Jong-un apologises and cries-kim-jpg

  23. #23
    Thailand Expat jabir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    11,597
    Quote Originally Posted by panama hat View Post
    No, that's not the reason. The reason is that only morons would believe that . . . without foreign aid the country would starve
    Many are starving even with aid, which is redirected away from its intended target.

    West is slow to learn, with the irony that it continues on the same course otherwise the Nokos will starve.

  24. #24
    Thailand Expat misskit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Chiang Mai
    Posts
    33,729
    Some North Koreans Bristle at ‘Sneaky’ Army Parade, Mock Kim’s Apology

    North Korean leader Kim Jong Un delivered on a pledge to show a “new strategic weapon to the world,” unveiling a new intercontinental ballistic missile at a huge military parade, but residents of the reclusive country told RFA Kim’s tearful apology for economic shortcomings came up short.


    Saturday's event, which celebrated the 75th anniversary of the ruling Korean Workers’ Party, filled Kim Il Sung Square in the capital Pyongyang with thousands of goose-stepping troops, tanks, rocket launchers and ballistic missiles – including what is thought to be the North’s biggest-yet ICBM.


    Appearing at midnight amid a massive parade staged in darkness and shown hours later on North Korean television, Kim, 36, appeared to choke back tears as he addressed “tremendous challenges” posed by the coronavirus pandemic and U.S.-led international sanctions over his nuclear and missile programs.


    “Our people have placed trust, as high as the sky and as deep as the sea, in me, but I have failed to always live up to it satisfactorily. I am really sorry for that,” Kim said in remarks translated by South Korean media.


    “Although I am entrusted with the important responsibility to lead this country upholding the cause of the great Comrades Kim Il Sung and Kim Jong Il thanks to the trust of all the people, my efforts and sincerity have not been sufficient enough to rid our people of the difficulties in their lives,” said Kim, referring to his grandfather and father, respectively.


    “I am ashamed that I have never been able to repay you properly for your enormous trust,” Kim said. “My efforts and devotion were not sufficient to bring our people out of difficult livelihoods.”


    Before Saturday’s parade, analysts said Pyongyang’s display of military power would serve to advertise strength to the outside world and offer a spectacle to gloss over economic difficulties brought on by the coronavirus pandemic and sanctions aimed at thwarting Pyongyang’s nuclear ambitions.


    ‘A sneaky military parade’


    Residents of North Korea who spoke to RFA by telephone, however, were less than impressed by the parade and by Kim’s show of contrition. Some wondered why a proud country would mark the anniversary with “a sneaky military parade in the middle of the night.”


    “The commemoration event began at midnight and ended at 3 am, and the residents who attended the event were exhausted and dissatisfied as they arrived at home only when the morning sun rose,” said a resident of Pyongyang.


    “Since a month ago, residents have been preparing for the event in various districts of Pyongyang, but no one knew that the event would be held in the middle of the night,” the source told RFA’s Korean Service.


    The Pyongyang resident said that while North Koreans often gripe about forced mobilization for public events, “there are more criticisms and ridicule for carrying out a sneaky military parade in the middle of the night.”


    “Until now, we boasted that our military power is the best in the world and introduced various new weapons, but all that meaning disappeared by holding the event in the middle of the night,” the source added.


    “The hot topic among the residents these days is the military parade that was held in the middle of the night,” added the Pyongyang resident.


    “People are mockingly saying that that this would be the first time in the world to have a military parade in the middle of the night.”


    'Crocodile tears'


    RFA was unable to verify how widely such critical views are shared among North Koreans.


    But an official in North Hamgyong province told RFA Sunday that holding the parade in the middle of the night had the effect of “increasing complaints from residents” and that Kim’s speech sparked mockery and disgust.


    “In his speech following the military parade, the Highest Dignity was close to tears and admitted his inexperience,” the official said, using an honorific term for Kim.


    “The Highest Dignity cried, saying, ‘Although I am entrusted with the important responsibility to lead this country, our people have not been able to get out of the difficulties in their lives because my efforts have not been sufficient,’” the official added.


    “However, the residents feel disgust as if they are watching a three-generation play, saying that they have endured hunger while hearing the lies of three generations of Kim Il Sung, Kim Jong Il and Kim Jong Un that they work for the people,” the source said.


    “The reason why we are poor is because of the supreme leadership’s refusal to reform and open up to maintain the dictatorship. What other reason is there?”


    “Some residents are mocking the highest dignity, saying how urgent the highest dignity would be to act with tears. After ignoring the livelihood of the resident and devoted only to the development of weapons, now he is worried about the crisis of the system. He must have very complicated feelings,” the source said.


    In Washington, Greg Scarlatoiu HRNK executive director of Human Rights in North Korea, called Kim’s display was “crocodile tears” by a third-generation ruler who hasn’t made changes to the policies of his grandfather and father. Kim Jong Un took power after his father Kim Jong Il died in 2011.


    “This is a different version of Kim Jong Un somehow trying to get closer to his grandfather…to emulate a leadership style and a cult of personality style that is closer to his grandfather. In actual terms, it means nothing as long as he does not reform, as long as he does not change fundamentally the system of North Korea,” he told RFA.

    Some North Koreans Bristle at ‘Sneaky’ Army Parade, Mock Kim’s Apology

  25. #25
    Hansum Man! panama hat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:19 PM
    Location
    Way, Way South of the border now - thank God!
    Posts
    25,468
    Quote Originally Posted by Klondyke View Post
    ...welcoming foreign "enemies"...
    Fuck off, Klondyke . . . an apologist for a mass-murderer. You're quite the lowest one here



    Quote Originally Posted by jabir View Post
    Many are starving even with aid, which is redirected away from its intended target.
    True . . . but don't let morons like Klondyke know or he'll paste irrelevant photos







    Quote Originally Posted by misskit View Post
    “I am ashamed
    So, he should step down, but megalomaniacs don't do that

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •