Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Thailand Expat misskit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Chiang Mai
    Posts
    33,148

    Khao San Road and Ong Ang canal to get weekend walking streets

    Bangkok will open walking streets on Khao San Road and the road along Ong Ang canal on weekends from October to stimulate tourism.


    Khao San will become a street market and performing arts stage from morning to midnight on October 31-November 1 (Halloween and Loy Krathong), November 28 -29, and December 31-January 1 (New Year's Eve).

    The Ong Ang canal walking street on Rattanokosin Island will run for 1,900 metres from Damrong Sathit Bridge to Osathanon Bridge every Friday, Saturday, 5pm-midnight. Featured will be live music and vendors selling cooked food, appliances, ornaments, flowers and ornamental plants. The walking street will also celebrate Loy Krathong.

    Khao San Road and Ong Ang canal to get weekend walking streets

  2. #2
    Alpha Monger
    Backspin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:04 AM
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    2,575
    Let farangs into Khaosan if you want to stimulate

  3. #3
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:24 PM
    Posts
    14,489
    Err, walking down just about anywhere someplace in Thailand and you can buy from vendors selling assorted rubbish wear and tat, street food and enjoy the ambiance of reckless abandonment that generally prevails on most carriageways and pavements.

    But taxing foreigners over $1000 US a pop is sure fire winner in improving tourist rates.

  4. #4
    Thailand Expat
    aging one's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    18,974
    Quote Originally Posted by Backspin View Post
    Let farangs into Khaosan if you want to stimulate
    Remember that lump on your shoulders I referred to the other day? Well use it. Every farang in Thailand can go to Khaosan today or tonight if they wish. Pubs, bars, restaurants and hotels are open as are the street stalls.

    Now what word could you have used if you used your lump? Maybe tourists? Well that aint gonna happen until after the new year..

  5. #5
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:24 PM
    Posts
    14,489
    Thai couldn't give a fuck about KSR except for the kids and thy've no money.

  6. #6
    Thailand Expat
    aging one's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    18,974
    Quote Originally Posted by Seekingasylum View Post
    Thai couldn't give a fuck about KSR except for the kids and thy've no money.
    Wrong. Its now a meeting place for young hip Thai's. It has really changed and morphed in the year or two leading up to Covid.

    One could write a book about the Khao San Road nightlife, legendary in Bangkok annals. It certainly never sleeps, that is for sure. But it has come a long way from its reputation for just being an endless string of mindless backpacker bars. These days, the scene ranges from nonstop action clubs to bohemian and chic jazz bars, and the clientele is just as much Thai as it is foreign. If you want to party and dance to loud music then try the happening Superflow City Beach Club, or either the ska oriented Brick Bar or the electronic music venue, The Club, both on Khao San itself. Lava Gold is also a big, loud, dance your *** off club. If you want to sing along to live bands and people watch from the balcony to the street below, Roof Bar Khaosan is always packed, and The One is the most dapper spot on Khao San, perhaps showing off its trendy and more gentrified future, and is an excellent place for drinking and people-watching. Mulligans Irish bar is also a happening place where you can play pool, or party along to the live bands. For something a bit more chilled, you can head over to Adhere the 13th, a hole in the wall live blues bar that is one of Bangkok's most written about nightspots. Nearby Jazz Happens is a venue for university jazz students, set on bohemian Phra Athit Road. Near here is the ultra cool Bombay Blues Bar, another hidden chill out gem to enjoy. Your only dilemma in Khao San Road will be which nightlife to choose, and we hope this list makes it easier for you

  7. #7
    Member
    Shutree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Last Online
    22-10-2020 @ 02:58 PM
    Location
    One heartbeat away from eternity
    Posts
    716
    Quote Originally Posted by aging one View Post
    Wrong. Its now a meeting place for young hip Thai's. It has really changed and morphed in the year or two leading up to Covid.

    One could write a book about the Khao San Road nightlife, legendary in Bangkok annals. It certainly never sleeps, that is for sure. But it has come a long way from its reputation for just being an endless string of mindless backpacker bars. These days, the scene ranges from nonstop action clubs to bohemian and chic jazz bars, and the clientele is just as much Thai as it is foreign. If you want to party and dance to loud music then try the happening Superflow City Beach Club, or either the ska oriented Brick Bar or the electronic music venue, The Club, both on Khao San itself. Lava Gold is also a big, loud, dance your *** off club. If you want to sing along to live bands and people watch from the balcony to the street below, Roof Bar Khaosan is always packed, and The One is the most dapper spot on Khao San, perhaps showing off its trendy and more gentrified future, and is an excellent place for drinking and people-watching. Mulligans Irish bar is also a happening place where you can play pool, or party along to the live bands. For something a bit more chilled, you can head over to Adhere the 13th, a hole in the wall live blues bar that is one of Bangkok's most written about nightspots. Nearby Jazz Happens is a venue for university jazz students, set on bohemian Phra Athit Road. Near here is the ultra cool Bombay Blues Bar, another hidden chill out gem to enjoy. Your only dilemma in Khao San Road will be which nightlife to choose, and we hope this list makes it easier for you

    Well, I have learned something there. Sounds like it might be even better without the backpackers.
    I have only visited once, a few years ago to drop off my travelling son. I didn't stay for tea.

  8. #8
    Member
    knowsitlike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 02:27 PM
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    603
    ^ Last ten years I have seen that KSR is increasingly popular for younger locals across the spectrum, and it is better for it. As the old town and Chinatown are easier to get to than ever before, I visit often and it is clear Bangkokians are generally rediscovering the whole area. Whether in the daytimes for coffee shops, street food and museums etc or later for the bars and music it is always a good outing. Highly recommended now as during Covid it is of course much quieter than normal, this Saturday however watch out for the protests at Thammasart!

  9. #9
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:24 PM
    Posts
    14,489
    Quote Originally Posted by aging one View Post
    Wrong. Its now a meeting place for young hip Thai's.
    Well, that's what I said, you gormless old twat.

    And when you cut and paste next time, try and source your copy instead of passing it off as your own.

  10. #10
    Thailand Expat
    aging one's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    18,974
    Quote Originally Posted by Seekingasylum View Post
    Thai couldn't give a fuck about KSR except for the kids and thy've no money.



    Quote Originally Posted by Seekingasylum View Post
    Well, that's what I said, you gormless old twat.

    Bullshit you gormless know nothing about Thailand complaining asshole. Read what you wrote quoted above.

    The other posters were quite aware I did not write that review, being that it is a different font and has clickable points that are made.

    Stop taking your misery out on everyone here and in specific Thailand. Fuck me, your pool and ocean and open and you are free to roam the one area you do know a bit about Wong Amart.

  11. #11
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:24 PM
    Posts
    14,489
    Your posting style and content is the literary equivalent of an old man dancing to modern music with a small child at a wedding: galumphing and awkward, laughably inappropriate and not a little pathetic.

  12. #12
    Alpha Monger
    Backspin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:04 AM
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    2,575
    ^

  13. #13
    Thailand Expat
    aging one's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    18,974
    Quote Originally Posted by Seekingasylum View Post
    Your posting style and content is the literary equivalent of an old man dancing to modern music with a small child at a wedding: galumphing and awkward, laughably inappropriate and not a little pathetic.
    Too many angry old men on this board. Get rid of your wing man and shack up with either Tax or Latin Karen. You can shout at each other all day.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •