Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 63
  1. #26
    Hansum Man! panama hat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:34 AM
    Location
    Way, Way South of the border now - thank God!
    Posts
    24,347
    Quote Originally Posted by armstrong View Post
    I read somewhere that she was away studying Islam. Can't find it now but pretty sure it was a trusted source.
    It was here, on this thread

  2. #27
    Hangin' Around cyrille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    21,000
    Next Story: BREXIT pissheads in London 'Inspired' by Jesus turning water into wine.

  3. #28
    Head Skivvie Stacker Storekeeper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    PACNORWEST
    Posts
    11,309
    My God! WTF possesses somebody to do such a gruesome thing to their own mother?!?!?!?!

  4. #29
    Thailand Expat Pragmatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Last but who gives a shit.
    Posts
    12,505
    Quote Originally Posted by English Noodles View Post
    Muslim males dislike being told how to behave by women. They see them as second tier beings.
    Same goes for Buddhism. A woman is seen to be below a man in status. A woman will not reach over a man and will always stoop when passing a man who is sitting down.

    My MiL used to get threatened with violence regularly by my BiL if she didn't give him money when he asked. He was a meths taker. She feared for her life but come him being jailed for 6 years for drugs she cried her eyes out. She now deposits money every month to support him during his jail time. What's that all about?

  5. #30
    Thailand Expat harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    69,825
    Quote Originally Posted by English Noodles View Post
    In this case I would wager that the mother was not seen as a matriarchal figure but rather the grandmother was. After all it sounds like she skipped out on bringing the kid up.

    Muslim men dont like being told what to do by non muslims, or other muslims they see as not following the teachings of Islam to their own standard, I used to have enough of them working for me to be sure of this.
    Yes, I explained this to the Muslim mother of three and the Muslim man that work for me - knowing I am an infidel - and they laughed.

  6. #31
    Hangin' Around cyrille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    21,000
    Quote Originally Posted by Pragmatic View Post
    My MiL used to get threatened with violence regularly by my BiL if she didn't give him money when he asked. He was a meths taker. She feared for her life but come him being jailed for 6 years for drugs she cried her eyes out. She now deposits money every month to support him during his jail time.
    You seem to have lots and lots of similar stories about your family. Drug taking, jail terms and prostitution seem to be recurring themes.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pragmatic View Post
    What's that all about?
    Maybe you should tell us?

  7. #32
    Thailand Expat Pragmatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Last but who gives a shit.
    Posts
    12,505
    Quote Originally Posted by cyrille View Post
    and prostitution
    ? You got me on that one. Of course they're reoccurring themes. That'all my BiL does. Drugs, jail, gambling. He never works.

  8. #33
    Hangin' Around cyrille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    21,000
    Maybe that was the rest of the village.

    Anyway, it sounds like it would make good 'reality show' tv.

  9. #34
    Thailand Expat Pragmatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Last but who gives a shit.
    Posts
    12,505
    Quote Originally Posted by cyrille View Post
    Anyway, it sounds like it would make good 'reality show' tv.
    Absolutely. Never a day passes without something happening.

  10. #35
    Thailand Expat jabir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    11,502
    Quote Originally Posted by Pragmatic View Post
    ? You got me on that one. Of course they're reoccurring themes. That'all my BiL does. Drugs, jail, gambling. He never works.
    Happens, and easy in the village to have that kind of life. I steered clear of my Bil who was much the same, not too heavy on the gambling and drugs but wrecked on whatever piss the lads drink after work, if there was work.

    Then something happened that brought on a swift uturn, went to college and got an engineering degree, left the village for an engineering factory in another part of the country, slogged six days a week with as much overtime as they could throw his way to quickly pay off his debts, hooked up with a delightful young lady at the factory, they both took on more responsibilities and worked all hours to save enough cash for her to start her own business, not booming but she earns more than at the factory with the huge positive of being her own boss. Now they're married and expecting a kid in November, with plans to buy a house.

    Ten years ago he was an idle slob with no real future beyond marrying a village girl and killing himself in the rice fields, and fwiw it's been a pleasure watching such a turnaround unfold.

  11. #36
    Thailand Expat Pragmatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Last but who gives a shit.
    Posts
    12,505
    Quote Originally Posted by jabir View Post
    Ten years ago he was an idle slob with no real future beyond marrying a village girl and killing himself in the rice fields, and fwiw it's been a pleasure watching such a turnaround unfold.
    Can't see my BiL turning himself around. More likely to end up dead before much longer. Only got about another 2 years before he's out and we find out if this time he's changed. I won't hold my breath.

  12. #37
    Thailand Expat
    Ratchaburi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:37 AM
    Location
    Ratchaburi
    Posts
    5,227
    Quote Originally Posted by Pragmatic View Post
    Same goes for Buddhism. A woman is seen to be below a man in status. A woman will not reach over a man and will always stoop when passing a man who is sitting down.

    My MiL used to get threatened with violence regularly by my BiL if she didn't give him money when he asked. He was a meths taker. She feared for her life but come him being jailed for 6 years for drugs she cried her eyes out. She now deposits money every month to support him during his jail time. What's that all about?
    When you are in prison there some area's within the prison, you don't what to be accommodation, violence, shit food & you may end up being some ones bitch.
    To move to good area's this includes better food it cost you money. ( you pay the guards ) If he has the money he will not serve 6 years, he will get out early.

  13. #38
    Thailand Expat Pragmatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Last but who gives a shit.
    Posts
    12,505
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratchaburi View Post
    When you are in prison there some area's within the prison, you don't what to be accommodation, violence, shit food & you may end up being some ones bitch.
    To move to good area's this includes better food it cost you money. ( you pay the guards ) If he has the money he will not serve 6 years, he will get out early.
    My Bil gets 2,000 a month with a maximum of 9,000 being in a prisoners account. My BiL, so I'm told, pays extra out of his 2,000 for one good meal a day out of 3 meals provided. Other extra things like toothpaste, soap he pays for. He won't be paying for early release but will work towards early parole for good behaviour or the kings birthday pardon.

  14. #39
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Last Online
    20-10-2020 @ 10:48 PM
    Posts
    14,466
    Thai do not have the capacity for redemption, that would assume a cognitive ability from which one might learn from experience and alter behavioural patterns accordingly.

    He's a waster and good for nothing but then, that is a rather large proportion of the Thai male population.

    Have you thought of buying him a second hand, large cc motorcycle and relying on serendipity for the collision with whatever immoveable object presents itself?

  15. #40
    The Dentist English Noodles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Gaslightingshire
    Posts
    17,816
    Quote Originally Posted by Pragmatic View Post
    Same goes for Buddhism. A woman is seen to be below a man in status. A woman will not reach over a man and will always stoop when passing a man who is sitting down.
    But the article is about a young muslim boy attempting to murder his mother.

  16. #41
    Thailand Expat raycarey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    14,621
    i'm pretty sure it's about a tatted up douchebag chav who likes to spread islamophobia on the internet because he thinks it's clever.

  17. #42
    Thailand Expat armstrong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    3,153
    Quote Originally Posted by raycarey View Post
    i'm pretty sure it's about a tatted up douchebag chav who likes to spread islamophobia on the internet because he thinks it's clever.
    Well you both have your prejudices. Why is yours OK and his not?

  18. #43
    The Dentist English Noodles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Gaslightingshire
    Posts
    17,816
    Quote Originally Posted by raycarey View Post
    i'm pretty sure it's about a tatted up douchebag chav who likes to spread islamophobia on the internet because he thinks it's clever.
    Why do you say that Ray?

  19. #44
    Thailand Expat Pragmatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Last but who gives a shit.
    Posts
    12,505
    Quote Originally Posted by Seekingasylum View Post
    He's a waster and good for nothing but then, that is a rather large proportion of the Thai male population.
    I totally agree 'TheGents' but unfortunately Thai mothers can't see that and provides for their sons irrespective of how the son treats them. May be it's to do with Buddhism?
    Last edited by Pragmatic; 16-06-2020 at 09:25 PM.

  20. #45
    Thailand Expat armstrong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    3,153
    Quote Originally Posted by panama hat View Post
    It was here, on this thread
    Yes. I know.

  21. #46
    Head Skivvie Stacker Storekeeper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    PACNORWEST
    Posts
    11,309
    Quote Originally Posted by Pragmatic View Post
    My Bil gets 2,000 a month with a maximum of 9,000 being in a prisoners account. My BiL, so I'm told, pays extra out of his 2,000 for one good meal a day out of 3 meals provided. Other extra things like toothpaste, soap he pays for. He won't be paying for early release but will work towards early parole for good behaviour or the kings birthday pardon.
    Thanks for sharing that. The son of a French dude I met while living in Ban Phe back in 2007/2008 landed in the Rayong prison a couple years ago. Still has 9 to go is my understanding. The French dude and his wife barely scrape by so doubt they’re depositing anything monthly.

  22. #47
    Thailand Expat harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    69,825
    Quote Originally Posted by English Noodles View Post
    But the article is about a young muslim boy attempting to murder his mother.

    Nah, I'm also more inclined to go with this.

    Quote Originally Posted by raycarey View Post
    i'm pretty sure it's about a tatted up douchebag chav who likes to spread islamophobia on the internet because he thinks it's clever.

  23. #48
    Thailand Expat Dillinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    33,046
    On the other channel this boy has a computer games obsession and gets very angry when he doesn't win. A typical Thai trait.
    Someone mentioned his Mum working on the game in Qatar and her body now being ruined.
    Harry and Ray probably know her very well and it'll still be better than sharing a camel in 50 degree dry heat

  24. #49
    ความรู้ลึกลับ HuangLao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    สุโขทัย
    Posts
    8,640
    Quote Originally Posted by Storekeeper View Post
    My God! WTF possesses somebody to do such a gruesome thing to their own mother?!?!?!?!
    We might consider the generation[s].

  25. #50
    Thailand Expat harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    69,825
    Quote Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
    On the other channel this boy has a computer games obsession and gets very angry when he doesn't win. A typical Thai trait.
    Someone mentioned his Mum working on the game in Qatar and her body now being ruined.
    Harry and Ray probably know her very well and it'll still be better than sharing a camel in 50 degree dry heat
    "On the other channel" she was a whore?

    What "other channel" is this?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •