Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 151 to 175 of 183
  1. #151
    Hansum Man! panama hat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:59 AM
    Location
    Way, Way South of the border now - thank God!
    Posts
    22,390
    Quote Originally Posted by OhOh View Post
    Britain may offer "path to citizenship" for nearly 3 million in Hong Kong
    Excellent . . . just what China wanted - to get rid of the troublemakers. But are they happy? Nooooo . . . they threaten 'measures'.

    Spoiled brats more concerned about loss of face

  2. #152
    Days Work Done! Norton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:46 AM
    Location
    Roiet
    Posts
    31,075
    As predicable when it went into effect, the "One country, two systems" is well and truely done.

  3. #153
    Thailand Expat harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    67,250
    Quote Originally Posted by OhOh View Post
    Begun The Civil Wars Of 2020 Have

    MoA - Begun The Civil Wars Of 2020 Have

    Many examples in the opinion article of ameristani guilt.

    The last "tongue in cheek" sentence says it all:

    "Calls for President Xi of China to provide the American rebels with the means to defend themselves against the regime have not yet been answered"
    Oh look, another one of hoohoo's whackjob websites. He thinks it's amusing.

    We must laugh.

    Hah. Hah Hah.



    Hah.

  4. #154
    Thailand Expat harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    67,250
    Quote Originally Posted by OhOh View Post
    Britain may offer "path to citizenship" for nearly 3 million in Hong Kong

    May 30, 2020 / 3:15 AM / Updated 8 hours ago
    Ah look, Hoohoo finally believes it.

    The chinkies are funny though.

    Beijing "reserves the right to take corresponding countermeasures," foreign ministry spokesman Zhao Lijian told reporters at a press briefing, after the UK's foreign secretary said Britain may relax residency rules for holders of "British National Overseas" (BNO) passports in Hong Kong.
    I can imagine the success of a "corresponding countermeasure". Just think of all the British residents with chinky passports just *dying* to go home to Chinastan.




    But wait, there's more:

    Beijing ridicules the move saying that it is a “the knee-jerk reaction and naive excitement among British politicians on Hong Kong affairs” that constitutes “brutal interference in China's internal affairs, which would eventually harm the Hong Kong people
    So apparently living in a free country is "brutal interference". Strikes me that "brutal interference" is exactly what Mr. Shithole has got planned for Hong Kong.





    China threatens UK with 'countermeasures' if it eases passport rules for Hong Kong

  5. #155
    Thailand Expat harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    67,250
    Quote Originally Posted by Norton View Post
    As predicable when it went into effect, the "One country, two systems" is well and truely done.
    It actually lasted longer than I thought it would. 23 years out of 50.

  6. #156
    Thailand Expat harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    67,250
    Well it seems the little light bulb of industrial espionage is finally coming on. I'm sure HooHoo will approve since he seems convinced that the chinkies do everything better anyway.



    Republican Sens. Tom Cotton of Arkansas and Marsha Blackburn of Tennessee introduced “The SECURE CAMPUS Act,” a bill that aims to bar Chinese nationals from receiving student or research visas to the United States for graduate or postgraduate studies in science, technology, engineering or mathematics fields. “The Chinese Communist Party has long used American universities to conduct espionage on the United States,” Cotton said in a statement.” The SECURE CAMPUS Act will protect our national security and maintain the integrity of the American research enterprise.”
    Tom Cotton and Marsha Blackburn have a nasty new bill meant to distract voters from Donald Trump’s failings – Raw Story

  7. #157
    Thailand Expat
    sabang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:59 AM
    Location
    BackinOz
    Posts
    31,619
    ^ Cringeworthy. I've never seen such political hysteria since the Birthers were at their shrill peak. What an embarassment Trump is. What a storm in a teacup. Communistchina said "whoz yer Daddy". Big deal, same as it ever was.

  8. #158
    Thailand Expat
    OhOh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:16 PM
    Location
    Where troubles melt like lemon drops
    Posts
    20,069
    Quote Originally Posted by harrybarracuda View Post
    I'm sure HooHoo will approve
    What are the implications on University budgets? What about the soon to unemployed staff?

    Throwing away foreign students, great idea for reinforcing prejudices. Would wearing a deep red symbol on their chest not be sufficient. I'm sure building wall around the unis will suffice in stopping the students from invading. Maybe the National Guard can shoot a few when they try to enter.

    Some believe foreign educational accessibility is a way to improve appreciation of and a deeper tolerance for, other cultures.
    A tray full of GOLD is not worth a moment in time.

  9. #159
    Thailand Expat harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    67,250
    Quote Originally Posted by OhOh View Post
    What are the implications on University budgets? What about the soon to unemployed staff?

    Throwing away foreign students, great idea for reinforcing prejudices. Would wearing a deep red symbol on their chest not be sufficient. I'm sure building wall around the unis will suffice in stopping the students from invading. Maybe the National Guard can shoot a few when they try to enter.

    Some believe foreign educational accessibility is a way to improve appreciation of and a deeper tolerance for, other cultures.
    but hoohoo think of all those students and their money going back to chinky universities which you claim are world class.

    Gotta be a win-win

    *ching*-*ching*

    Or are you just upset that they won't be able to run around badgering Taiwanese and Hong Kong students and stealing whatever trade secrets they can.

    Go on, it's that isn't it.

  10. #160
    Thailand Expat
    sabang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:59 AM
    Location
    BackinOz
    Posts
    31,619
    Since when has studying at a foreign uni been considered espionage? Do they get part time jobs with the CIA?

  11. #161
    Thailand Expat harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    67,250
    Quote Originally Posted by sabang View Post
    Since when has studying at a foreign uni been considered espionage? Do they get part time jobs with the CIA?
    If you have to ask a question that dumb, you're probably out of your depth in this discussion.

  12. #162
    Thailand Expat
    OhOh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:16 PM
    Location
    Where troubles melt like lemon drops
    Posts
    20,069
    Quote Originally Posted by harrybarracuda View Post
    Go on, it's that isn't it.
    My experience of foreign students was limited to having Danish students coming over to the UK and us UK students going over to Denmark. A great summer finding the Danish girls far more accommodating than the English girls I knew at the time.

    Happy days.

  13. #163
    Thailand Expat harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    67,250
    Quote Originally Posted by OhOh View Post
    My experience of foreign students was limited to having Danish students coming over to the UK and us UK students going over to Denmark. A great summer finding the Danish girls far more accommodating than the English girls I knew at the time.

    Happy days.
    You never noticed their names were "Sven" and "Olaf" then?

  14. #164
    Hansum Man! panama hat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:59 AM
    Location
    Way, Way South of the border now - thank God!
    Posts
    22,390
    Quote Originally Posted by sabang View Post
    Since when has studying at a foreign uni been considered espionage? Do they get part time jobs with the CIA?
    Seriously, sabang? Your eyes have been closed to what's been happening right your own backyard?

  15. #165
    Thailand Expat jabir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    10,981
    Quote Originally Posted by harrybarracuda View Post
    It actually lasted longer than I thought it would. 23 years out of 50.
    Well you're clearly smart then, for some reason well beyond me world leaders thought it would last the whole 50 years, and all they had to go was a Chinese promise.

  16. #166
    Thailand Expat
    sabang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:59 AM
    Location
    BackinOz
    Posts
    31,619
    You will find no state secrets in a university library. Neither will you find blueprints on how to manufacture still patented technology. What research you can find in a US university you can also find in Oxford and any number of places (or order on-line, or order the damn widget on-line and disassemble it). So why is every Chinese student a commie spy, every Chinese student association suspected of being a spy ring? And exactly who do you harm most if you censor people from enjoying academic freedom in your institute of higher learning, because they come from countries on the current politically censored list? It goes without saying that Academics- Professors, Lecturers etc- would also have to be purged because of their nationality/ race, and thus their suspect political leanings. You have an excellent role model in Adolf Hitler.

    Of course, this is a trumptweet and dear donald will be wheelchaired back from this ridiculous position, just as he is being from his ridiculous thoughts on HK's status. Twat.



    Personally, I am finding this current manufactured anti-Chinese hysteria quite insufferable, and oh so bluddy hollow. Why are so many of you falling for it?

  17. #167
    ความรู้ลึกลับ HuangLao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    สุโขทัย
    Posts
    8,640
    The continuous existence of an invented boogieman will always be the downfall for many.

    It's the base of a pathetic and false subsistence, yet seems to be maintained by the broader illusion.

  18. #168
    ความรู้ลึกลับ HuangLao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    สุโขทัย
    Posts
    8,640
    Quote Originally Posted by sabang View Post



    Personally, I am finding this current manufactured anti-Chinese hysteria quite insufferable, and oh so bluddy hollow. Why are so many of you falling for it?
    Repeated loud and often enough where such stimulation real and true?
    Quite a simple, but effective, technique and system of indoctrination.

    False thought is created for these shallow individuals.

  19. #169
    Thailand Expat
    Latindancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:14 PM
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    12,691

  20. #170
    Hansum Man! panama hat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:59 AM
    Location
    Way, Way South of the border now - thank God!
    Posts
    22,390
    Quote Originally Posted by sabang View Post
    Personally, I am finding this current manufactured anti-Chinese hysteria quite insufferable, and oh so bluddy hollow. Why are so many of you falling for it?
    Some may see it as anti-Chinese hysteria, I simply see it as China more overtly showing its manipulative and bullying ways and it is now held more accountable for it.

    What would you prefer, no-one to raise attention to China cutting barley purchases for political reasons? Not report on China threatening the UK with retaliatory measures for offering citizenship to HKers? Where do you start noticing but stop reporting? The US, Britain, Oz, Germany, Japan etc... have always been open for full scrutiny by the world's press - why should China be any different?

    No one has pushed back on China's excessive dubious economic, military and political until the idiot Trump came along wit his new brand of 'diplomacy' . . . yes, he is a full-blown idiot but at least he has held China accountable

  21. #171
    Thailand Expat
    Klondyke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:31 PM
    Posts
    7,214
    Quote Originally Posted by sabang View Post
    Personally, I am finding this current manufactured anti-Chinese hysteria quite insufferable, and oh so bluddy hollow. Why are so many of you falling for it?
    If you do not know, on TD you will always be enlightened - by some...

  22. #172
    Thailand Expat
    Klondyke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:31 PM
    Posts
    7,214
    ^How the a.m. "enlightening" complies with this?
    Quote Originally Posted by SKkin View Post
    The powers that be here lie like a rug. With the help of their corporate media megaphones.Corruption has been legalized. And they don't give a flying fuck about the average citizen. Anything to do with Covid and/or a vaccine is just license for a select few to line their pockets. Trump will probably get a share of that too.

    We peons are expected to STFU and be good little serfs. That's what is expected of chattel.
    I am puzzled who to believe....

  23. #173
    ความรู้ลึกลับ HuangLao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    สุโขทัย
    Posts
    8,640
    Quote Originally Posted by Klondyke View Post
    If you do not know, on TD you will always be enlightened - by some...
    Nah.
    I wouldn't wager anything on this suggestion.

  24. #174
    Thailand Expat
    sabang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:59 AM
    Location
    BackinOz
    Posts
    31,619
    I don't think the nation that drafted the Patriot Act has much to lecture China about on national security, and what mental gymnastics you can justify in it's name if you tell big enough lies- such as invading Iraq.

    Neither-

    How to bring a virulent pandemic under control in your own country
    How to maintain social order (and social distancing!) in your own country
    How to improve the quality of life and economic wellbeing of your own, average citizenry
    How to engage with international institutions such as Unesco, ICJ & WHO
    How not to incarcerate &/or kill your own citizens
    How to respect international borders, and national Sovereignty
    How to be a trustworthy partner in international agreements, such as the two state solution, Iran nuclear deal, UN funding, various disarmament deals etc.
    How to be a responsible partner for peace, and not kill people en masse around the world

    There is only one lesson The donald can give China, or the rest of the world in general. When you are abjectly failing, point the finger of blame elsewhere- as loud and shrilly as possible!
    There are always a few idiots that will fall for it.
    Last edited by sabang; 31-05-2020 at 11:02 AM.

  25. #175
    ความรู้ลึกลับ HuangLao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    สุโขทัย
    Posts
    8,640
    Quote Originally Posted by sabang View Post
    I don't think the nation that drafted the Patriot Act has much to lecture China about on national security, and what mental gymnastics you can justify in it's name if you tell big enough lies- such as invading Iraq.

    Neither-

    How to bring a virulent pandemic under control in your own country
    How to maintain social order (and social distancing!) in your own country
    How to improve the quality of life and economic wellbeing of your own, average citizenry
    How to engage with international institutions such as Unesco, ICJ & WHO
    How not to incarcerate &/or kill your own citizens
    How to respect international borders, and national Sovereignty
    How to be a trustworthy partner in international agreements, such as the two state solution, Iran nuclear deal, UN funding, various disarmament deals etc.
    How to be a responsible partner for peace, and not kill people en masse around the world

    There is only one lesson The donald can give China, or the rest of the world in general. When you are abjectly failing, point the finger of blame elsewhere- as loud and shrilly as possible!
    There are always a few idiots that will fall for it.




Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •