Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1. #1
    Suspended from News & Speakers Corner
    chingching's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Online
    13-12-2013 @ 05:25 PM
    Posts
    1,322

    TAT introduces a Thai bag promo

    TAT launches new promotional Amazing Thailand bag featuring Siamese cat
    Wednesday, 07 August 2013
    By TAT


    TAT launches new promotional Amazing Thailand bag featuring Siamese cat - Pattaya Mail - Pattaya News, Communities, Opinions and much more...

    Bangkok – August 6, 2013: The Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) is launching a new line of promotional Amazing Thailand paper bags to promote its “Thainess” concept by featuring the traditional Siamese cat on both sides. The cat is of the Wichian Mat breed and will be on both large and small bags to be distributed to various government offices and companies wanting to use the bags for promotional purposes.

    The Wichian Mat breed has brown fur with black and white tints and blue eyes. This sought-after Siamese cat has 9 distinguishing marks, which makes it unique among Siamese cats. It is a breed that was known by many foreigners even before Siam became Thailand. In the reign of King Rama V, His Majesty presented a Wichian Mat cat to the British Consul-General before he departed Thailand. The breed also won a cat contest in London, which led to the founding of a Siamese Cat Lovers Club overseas.



    The Siamese cat Amazing Thailand bags will be given out at travel shows and tourism road shows that TAT will attend starting from August 2013.

  2. #2
    Suspended from News & Speakers Corner
    chingching's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Online
    13-12-2013 @ 05:25 PM
    Posts
    1,322

  3. #3
    Suspended from News & Speakers Corner
    chingching's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Online
    13-12-2013 @ 05:25 PM
    Posts
    1,322
    i think i prefer a bag with a standard Thai pussy on it

  4. #4
    I am in Jail

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Online
    11-07-2014 @ 08:15 PM
    Location
    quarantine
    Posts
    2,919
    oh bags.. so you will see this fucking stupid cat splattered all over the beaches soon...

    is this a male cat ?

  5. #5
    Sprayed On Member
    The Fresh Prince's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Not in the willage
    Posts
    11,683
    They could have at least used a two headed siamese cat to make it "Amazing"

  6. #6
    Thailand Expat
    alwarner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Last Online
    21-09-2018 @ 03:15 PM
    Location
    Location: Location.
    Posts
    5,126
    ha ha ha TAT.

    "We no have free bag left, only have bag cost one million baht"

    Crooks and con artists.

  7. #7
    Being chased by sloths DJ Pat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Last Online
    06-10-2018 @ 05:27 PM
    Posts
    18,781
    How about real Thai cats on the bags? The ones with drooping nipples hanging down and six kittens following them into a pile of garbage

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Online
    21-04-2014 @ 10:58 PM
    Location
    Near Pattaya
    Posts
    56
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fresh Prince View Post
    They could have at least used a two headed siamese cat to make it "Amazing"

    Now that is funny... although just having a pussy represent Thailand is amazing.. errr... not.

  9. #9
    ding ding ding
    Spin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    12,607
    Paper bags to vomit into presumably?

  10. #10
    I am in Jail

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Last Online
    11-07-2014 @ 08:15 PM
    Location
    quarantine
    Posts
    2,919
    what else should they have printed on the bag, karl ?

  11. #11
    Member
    Gipsy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    07-02-2020 @ 08:20 AM
    Location
    NE of Chiang Mai
    Posts
    631
    Quote Originally Posted by alitongkat
    what else should they have printed on the bag
    10 kg. Cat litter.

    Use:
    1. Spread evenly.
    2. Let it soak up the oil from your favorite Thai beach spot.
    3. Place beach towel on top.
    4. Enjoy your holiday.

  12. #12
    Member bash street gang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Last Online
    19-06-2015 @ 11:29 PM
    Posts
    146
    Yes, picture of a moggy on a paper bag will have people flocking to Thailand just to get one.

  13. #13
    I am in Jail

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Online
    30-05-2014 @ 10:48 PM
    Posts
    2,630
    It never ceases to amuse and bewilder me how much anger and hostility people have for such unimportant and insignificant agencies such as the TAT.

    Did you all go to Thailand and have such rubbish holidays that you've been scarred for life?

  14. #14
    Suspended from News & Speakers Corner

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Online
    04-12-2019 @ 03:07 PM
    Posts
    2,043
    Quote Originally Posted by chingching View Post
    i think i prefer a bag with a standard Thai pussy on it
    That IS a standard Thai pussy....

  15. #15
    Molecular Mixup
    blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Last Online
    09-06-2019 @ 01:29 AM
    Location
    54°N
    Posts
    11,352
    The cats with different colour eyes are the best !



    A photo made available on 14 June 2013 shows a Diamond Eye ‘Khao Manee’ cat looking on at the Siamese Cat House in Amphawa district of Samut Songkram province, Thailand, 10 June 2013.
    The Khao Manee (White Jewel) is a cat with a white body often having different color eyes with one yellow and one blue eye. The Khao Manee was the favorite cat of Siamese royalty under Thai King Rama V who ruled from 1868 to 1910.
    Nowadays, Thais believe the cat will bring good luck and longevity to its owners.
    The Siamese Cat House was set up to conserve the five surviving native breeds of cats that originated in Thailand which was formerly known as Siam. RUNGROJ YONGRIT/EPA/Newscom.

  16. #16
    Suspended from News & Speakers Corner

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Online
    04-12-2019 @ 03:07 PM
    Posts
    2,043
    Quote Originally Posted by blue View Post
    The cats with different colour eyes are the best !



    A photo made available on 14 June 2013 shows a Diamond Eye ‘Khao Manee’ cat looking on at the Siamese Cat House in Amphawa district of Samut Songkram province, Thailand, 10 June 2013.
    The Khao Manee (White Jewel) is a cat with a white body often having different color eyes with one yellow and one blue eye. The Khao Manee was the favorite cat of Siamese royalty under Thai King Rama V who ruled from 1868 to 1910.
    Nowadays, Thais believe the cat will bring good luck and longevity to its owners.
    The Siamese Cat House was set up to conserve the five surviving native breeds of cats that originated in Thailand which was formerly known as Siam. RUNGROJ YONGRIT/EPA/Newscom.
    It is certain that cat is deaf though, multi-colored eyes especially on white cats are genetically deaf in all cases..

  17. #17
    Being chased by sloths DJ Pat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Last Online
    06-10-2018 @ 05:27 PM
    Posts
    18,781
    Quote Originally Posted by Aberlour View Post
    It never ceases to amuse and bewilder me how much anger and hostility people have for such unimportant and insignificant agencies such as the TAT.

    Did you all go to Thailand and have such rubbish holidays that you've been scarred for life?
    No, we just think the TAT are a bunch of wackos with bizarre/stupid ideas, like thinking that Indian tourists will actually spend money on holiday in Thailand or thinking that Pattaya is now a family holiday resort

    Nothing about being ''scarred for life'' unless that cat gives you a nasty nip

  18. #18
    Suspended from News & Speakers Corner
    chingching's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Online
    13-12-2013 @ 05:25 PM
    Posts
    1,322
    Quote Originally Posted by alwarner View Post
    ha ha ha TAT.

    "We no have free bag left, only have bag cost one million baht"

    Crooks and con artists.
    and bullshitters about the tourism figures per annum

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •