Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 156
  1. #101
    Thailand Expat
    Albert Shagnastier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Online
    22-03-2015 @ 09:09 PM
    Location
    City of Angels
    Posts
    7,164
    as my old mucker used to say - paint 'em orange.

  2. #102
    euston has flown

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Online
    10-06-2016 @ 03:12 AM
    Posts
    6,978
    A quick look on the internet finds this document Sex offending against children: Understanding the risk commissioned by the british home office. Its worth reading, just to show how out of sync our perception of what constitutes risk to our children and the reality of it.
    Some highlights:

    • Less than 5% of sex offenders are women. I.E 95% are male... as in male. not hoxmosexual, jewish or socal.... just male
    • Less than 5% of sex offences are carried out by strangers to the children
    • The highest source of risk are male family members including fathers, brothers and uncles.
    • 80% of crimes are carried out in either the victims or perpetrators home
    • depending upon the study between 16-24% of victims are male
    • offenders about 10% target both sexes, 20-30% target boys only


    my view is that this is just another risk to your child like cars, roads, fireworks and life in general. You will never be able to fully protect your children, all you can do is manage the risk, by prompting your children to recognise inappropriate behaviours and ensure they will come to you if it happens. Then let them go out, be children and have a childhood. People are getting hysterical about these risks, I know people who will not let their children play football, fundamentally, because they are frightened that the people organising it just want to bugger their timmy.

    Regarding this story, there's enough contradiction in the stories for me to want to leave it to the courts before condemning anyone. Its not your usual hiso underaged driver killing a few peasants where the core facts are simple and relatively consistently reported.

  3. #103
    Member
    flyfisher davis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Last Online
    19-01-2018 @ 07:21 AM
    Location
    Phan, Chiang Rai
    Posts
    379
    I can't seem to wrap my head around the fact that the school he was teaching in allowed him to continue...From all I have read and his history thus far, I would have to go with guilty...But, I have been known to be wrong before.

  4. #104
    Thailand Expat
    BobR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Online
    19-03-2020 @ 02:26 AM
    Posts
    7,763
    Quote Originally Posted by harrybarracuda
    What no-one has mentioned is that, if he taught at others schools and left under a cloud, is there no mechanism for that information to be shared, or would schools rather brush it under the carpet? Shame on them if they do, allowing such people to go unpunished and re-offend.
    __________________
    Harry, They don't sweep it under the carpet out of laziness or apathy, the civil liability they could face in America in a defamation suit causes them to only verify employment dates. Also in private school they can be terminated if the principle thinks there might be merit to the accusations and that does not establish any precedent that should be reported to potential reporters.
    The biggest hint they missed here is that when he came in to apply he was on his 3rd school in Thailand alone, and the first 2 are well regarded schools, that should have been a clue. Who knows how many he went through in the USA.

  5. #105
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Online
    14-06-2012 @ 09:35 AM
    Posts
    7
    Flyfisher Davis Where did you get the information that the school allowed him to continue? His contract was terminated immediately. The most informative posts on this subject have been made by Pai on the Pattaya One website. Pai has spent time at the police station and seen the charge sheet. I would recommend that anybody following this subject reads Pai's posts

  6. #106
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Online
    14-06-2012 @ 09:35 AM
    Posts
    7
    Amazon777 It was stated at the start of the school meeting that all of the taechers have Interpol clearance before joining the school. So between Interpol clearance and the FBI confirming no criminal record I don't know what more the school could do.

  7. #107
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Last Online
    06-02-2017 @ 01:18 PM
    Location
    Bangkok Thailand
    Posts
    2,231
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Ghost_Of_The_Moog View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Loy Toy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Ghost_Of_The_Moog
    Can't see how petrochemical facilities would be a catalyst, can you elaborate
    Foreign males who work at these type of facilities Moog and those that reside here legally based upon normally a 3-5 year work permit/ contract.
    Ok, but the original point was (by Koojo), why do we see so many stories of this kind?

    I'm saying it's because of the style of the Pattaya media to look for these specific stories, and the type of person who settles there - because of the way Pattaya is leisure-oriented.

    I wasn't aware of such stories about petrochemical workers, (but if there are I stand corrected). The usual people being reported by Pattaya media are pensioners, teachers and Tim 'Sharky-the Shark Man' Ward.
    Garden International is not in Pattaya, nor are the other two schools mentioned. It is located in Bang Chang in Eastern Star estate, St. Andrews is just outside Bang Chang in the Green Valley estate and Regents is outside Pattaya at the junction of Hiway 7 and 36 right next to Siam Country Club and the housing estates around the Mabprachan Reservoir . These schools cater to the full package expats and the Thai senior managers of the Map Ta Phut petrochemical plants.

    Regents is one of the top international schools in Thailand and fees will run well over 600k a year. ST. Andrews and Garden a bit lower tier, but still run over 400k.

    There is a whole different world from the "leisure-oriented" one populated by the "pensioners, teachers and Tim 'Sharky-the Shark Man' Ward" you seem to only know about.


    I don't actually see anywhere that the boys were students at the school. If they were, I doubt they would be willing to be blown for 500 baht. This appears to be an away from school pastime for the suspect and he likely would never do anything like this in the US which is why he has no record of such behavior that would prevent him from being employed by the schools.

    This leads me to believe his students are not at risk but does highlight the attitude of many of the marginal people that live in Pattaya and the thinking that the norms they grew up with no longer apply.

    As you say, this is exactly the type of stories that newspapers all over world thrive on. His place of employment does not have anything to do with it, but does make a bit more sensational as these are higher tier schools.

    In the schools defense, there is little they can do to prevent people like this from being employed. The only reason he was found out was he picked on kid that actually had a mother that was paying some attention to what was going with her kid. Up till then, the parents of his other “victims” probably just appreciated the kid getting the money.
    TH

  8. #108
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Online
    14-06-2012 @ 09:35 AM
    Posts
    7
    All, the one kid making the allegation was not a student at the school. There has never been any allegations of inappropriate behavior made by students at the school. There has never been any allegations of other 'victims'.

  9. #109
    En route
    Cujo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:42 AM
    Location
    Reality.
    Posts
    31,102
    And yet he was caught dead to rights with 5 kids at his house.

  10. #110
    Thailand Expat
    buriramboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Last Online
    23-05-2020 @ 05:51 PM
    Posts
    12,236
    Quote Originally Posted by sincerecynic View Post
    Amazon777 It was stated at the start of the school meeting that all of the taechers have Interpol clearance before joining the school. So between Interpol clearance and the FBI confirming no criminal record I don't know what more the school could do.
    For a start find out why he has worked at so many schools in his short time in Thailand, why did he leave his previous positions at what are argueably better schools that the Garden. This is the main problem in Thailand, just try and cover everything up so as not to bring any negative press against schools/hotels or whatever, i'm actually surprised that the school he works at is actually mentioned this time.

  11. #111
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Online
    14-06-2012 @ 09:35 AM
    Posts
    7
    Koojo There were no kids in his home at the time of arrest. According to the police they entered the house after 5 kids had left but this is only according to them. Only one kid has made an allegation. These are the facts not my opinion.
    buriramboy There are many reasons why people change jobs. Both previous schools gave him excellent references. Garden hasn't sought to cover anything up. They were quick to organize a meeting for all of the parents.

  12. #112
    Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Last Online
    17-12-2012 @ 03:46 AM
    Location
    Lincolnshire
    Posts
    206
    Pattaya people were the only website to state he was a known molester, perhaps a mis-translation? Surely a known molester wouldn't be able to work in all the schools in the same area!

  13. #113
    En route
    Cujo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:42 AM
    Location
    Reality.
    Posts
    31,102
    Quote Originally Posted by sincerecynic View Post
    Koojo There were no kids in his home at the time of arrest. According to the police they entered the house after 5 kids had left but this is only according to them. Only one kid has made an allegation. These are the facts not my opinion.
    buriramboy There are many reasons why people change jobs. Both previous schools gave him excellent references. Garden hasn't sought to cover anything up. They were quick to organize a meeting for all of the parents.
    This has nothing to do with the schools.
    Why are his previous places of employment being mentioned?
    And then there's this
    Officers conducted a full search of the house and report finding sexually explicit material featuring Mr. Miller with minors
    He allegedly got netted during a sting operation against a pimp (renting out little boys), which was under surveillance for quite some time.
    The police followed-up the case and arrested Mr. Gregory Mill at his house where they found tissue paper with semen stains and obscene pictures of the teacher and the boys.

  14. #114
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Last Online
    14-06-2012 @ 09:35 AM
    Posts
    7
    Koojo All of the initial bluster in the police's original statement has already been pretty much discredited. As I said in my previous posting there is only one charge based on the allegation of one boy. The possession of expilicit material featuring the accused and young boys does not appear on the charge sheet. I would have thought this was a pretty serious offence so why has he not been charged with this? It's never smart to assume but in this instance you can only assume it's because they don't exist. As for the pimp renting out little boys that's also now known to be nonsense as the kids allegedly seen coming out of the house are neighborhood kids who had been at the house on several occasions with parents. Typical Thai Mum Farang Dad situation not pimped out street kids. Undoubtedly there is a price on his freedom and I'm guessing it will be a least 3 million baht maybe as much as 5 million. He could go to court and even if he is 100% innocent, which I'm not saying he is, still lose. Thai v Farang in Thai court. Who do you think is going to win?

  15. #115
    Thailand Expat
    good2bhappy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Last Online
    11-11-2018 @ 05:44 PM
    Location
    Klong Samwa
    Posts
    15,308
    Quote Originally Posted by sincerecynic
    Thai v Farang in Thai court. Who do you think is going to win?
    The one with the best lawyer

  16. #116
    Thailand Expat
    The Ghost Of The Moog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Last Online
    26-08-2017 @ 09:53 PM
    Posts
    5,626
    Quote Originally Posted by sincerecynic View Post
    Koojo All of the initial bluster in the police's original statement has already been pretty much discredited. As I said in my previous posting there is only one charge based on the allegation of one boy. The possession of expilicit material featuring the accused and young boys does not appear on the charge sheet.
    Koojo not care what on charge sheet. Koojo read internet forum.
    Koojo very angry.
    Koojo slit throat anyone who civil to Koojo Junior.
    Koojo big man number one here, because he kill people more blood than anyone else. Kill small blood mean not love your infant same-same Koojo do.

  17. #117
    Thailand Expat
    Ratchaburi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:35 AM
    Location
    Ratchaburi
    Posts
    5,234
    Moog what are you on about.
    There is a lot crap you post.


  18. #118
    En route
    Cujo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:42 AM
    Location
    Reality.
    Posts
    31,102
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Ghost_Of_The_Moog View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sincerecynic View Post
    Koojo All of the initial bluster in the police's original statement has already been pretty much discredited. As I said in my previous posting there is only one charge based on the allegation of one boy. The possession of expilicit material featuring the accused and young boys does not appear on the charge sheet.
    Koojo not care what on charge sheet. Koojo read internet forum.
    Koojo very angry.
    Koojo slit throat anyone who civil to Koojo Junior.
    Koojo big man number one here, because he kill people more blood than anyone else. Kill small blood mean not love your infant same-same Koojo do.
    You're pretty stupid for someone who claims to be the governor of all the schools in HongKong.
    Of course as a dung puncher and shit felcher 1st class you wouldn't know what an emotional topic this is for normal people.
    Now go sit on your roof, drink more wine and pretend you're a journalist.
    “If we stop testing right now we’d have very few cases, if any.” Donald J Trump.

  19. #119
    Thailand Expat
    The Ghost Of The Moog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Last Online
    26-08-2017 @ 09:53 PM
    Posts
    5,626
    Quote Originally Posted by Koojo View Post
    what an emotional topic this is for normal people.
    .
    Do calm down, dear.

    You're getting all in a hysterical panic about dark media stories that happen to about 1 person in 100,000.

    You need to get out more, and stop fixating on and experiencing life through the internet.

  20. #120
    Thailand Expat
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    60,010
    Yes, but he did get paid 1000 baht to eat a Chinese Dinner once.

  21. #121
    Thailand Expat
    BobR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Online
    19-03-2020 @ 02:26 AM
    Posts
    7,763
    Quote Originally Posted by sincerecynic View Post
    Koojo All of the initial bluster in the police's original statement has already been pretty much discredited. As I said in my previous posting there is only one charge based on the allegation of one boy. The possession of expilicit material featuring the accused and young boys does not appear on the charge sheet. I would have thought this was a pretty serious offence so why has he not been charged with this? It's never smart to assume but in this instance you can only assume it's because they don't exist. As for the pimp renting out little boys that's also now known to be nonsense as the kids allegedly seen coming out of the house are neighborhood kids who had been at the house on several occasions with parents. Typical Thai Mum Farang Dad situation not pimped out street kids. Undoubtedly there is a price on his freedom and I'm guessing it will be a least 3 million baht maybe as much as 5 million. He could go to court and even if he is 100% innocent, which I'm not saying he is, still lose. Thai v Farang in Thai court. Who do you think is going to win?
    Just his behavior when they arrested him in the video is that of a guilty person. That "I'm cool, I am not concerned act" is actually the behavior of a guilty person. Anyone innocent who was wrongfully accused of this would be glued to the ceiling with anger, if not rage, which he might keep under control, but which would not go away.
    I base that comment on 20 years in law enforcement and a 2 week interview and interrogation class by the FBI. A guilty person will feign anger at first then try to bluff his way out when that does not work including that I'm cool, I am not concerned act, an innocent one gets angry and stays that way as long as the incident and accusation continues.
    It's important for investigators not to misread real anger, because in cases like this that is actually a sign of innocence, which makes sense when you think about it. A guilty person has nothing to be angry about when he is caught.

  22. #122
    Thailand Expat
    DrAndy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Last Online
    25-03-2014 @ 05:29 PM
    Location
    yes
    Posts
    32,026
    ^ well, that's that then

    dunno why they bother with trials WITH EVIDENCE LIKE THAT

  23. #123
    Thailand Expat
    BobR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Online
    19-03-2020 @ 02:26 AM
    Posts
    7,763
    Quote Originally Posted by DrAndy View Post
    ^ well, that's that then

    dunno why they bother with trials WITH EVIDENCE LIKE THAT

    Silly comment, it's an investigative tool obviously he is not officially guilty until he's been tried. I figured the anyone who read this would be intelligent enough to understand it's context and there would be no need to say that.

  24. #124
    Thailand Expat
    kmart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:14 AM
    Location
    Rayong.
    Posts
    11,513
    ^^The Thai cops are a professional extortion unit only. They can calculate the profit of every "crime" to three decimal places.
    They also know that any foreigner dubbed a 'pedo' will automatically be perceived as guilty not just by Thais, but by other Westerners as well. Just saying.

  25. #125
    Pedantic bastard
    nidhogg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    16,005
    Seems to be yet another case of trial by internet. Sadly, the excretable standard of thai "journalism" serves to only cloud the issue. One boy? 5 boys? In the house? out the house?

    The only clear and consistent story seem to be that he has (on this or other occasions) had boys alone with him in the house, with no parent or other adult present. While that does NOT equate to evidence of molestation, it does make him guilty of being a bloody stupid fool at a minumum.

    Sadly, whatever happens will not really clear anything up. Paying up by the guilty to get off the charge looks exactly the same as paying up by the entrapped to get off the charge.

    The only single thing that any of us can take away from this is simple: Don't be alone with kids without another adult present under any circumstances.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •