Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 160
  1. #1

    R.I.P.


    dirtydog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Pattaya Jomtien
    Posts
    58,767

    UK Visa - Fuk the embassy is shit

    Now next summer I want to go back to the UK for a couple of weeks, my son I want to stay longer to improve his English, obviously the Brit embassy wants to see some money so the nasty little brown buggers go home, so I sent this email.

    Hi, I am a British passport holder, my son who is now 18 years old is a Thai passport holder and doesn't have UK citizenship xxxxxxxxxxx, anyway come summer, June to August I will be visiting the UK for 2 weeks over that period, I would also like to take my son but want him to stay for 4 to 6 weeks to improve his English, he will be staying with my mother, obviously at 18 he has no proof of money or anything, at present he is in college and will probably after finishing college spend the next few years in university, so, on applying for his visa he needs an income source or a reason to come back to Thailand, I have a couple of plots of land in Thailand worth a few million baht, would putting those in his name sort out this problem? Or setting up a company and paying him a salary be better? If the salary is better how much should I pay him?
    Ok from there email land aint going to do it.

    Required documentation regarding financial evidence for social visit visa would include personal bank statements and saving books (containing details for the last six months), or any proof of a savings history.



    There is no set amount of funds the Embassy requires. However, the financial evidence you provide should illustrate adequate funds to cover the return flight and accommodation and reasonable expenses, such as sightseeing costs, travel, transport etc for the applicant for the period he/she wishes to remain in the United Kingdom.
    Pretty much a generic email, but how much is enough funds?

    My second reply from them.

    Dear, Sir/Madam



    Thank you for contacting the UK Border Agency Visa Information Service in Bangkok.





    Required documentation regarding financial evidence for social visit visa would include personal bank statements and saving books (containing details for the last six months), or any proof of a savings history.



    There is no set amount of funds the Embassy requires. However, the financial evidence you provide should illustrate adequate funds to cover the return flight and accommodation and reasonable expenses, such as sightseeing costs, travel, transport etc for the applicant for the period he/she wishes to remain in the United Kingdom.
    So now I am at the stage where I want to know how much will keep them happy, it really don't make much difference as we all have access to a main account in my girlfriends name, but they don't accept that, so all I want to know is how much money they want me to run thru the account...

  2. #2

    R.I.P.


    dirtydog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Pattaya Jomtien
    Posts
    58,767
    Now I don't mind running money thru his bank accounts, I do that for my girlfriend when I get big payments to up her credit standing, albeit very rarely and its only 6 months, but I got to run money thru his accounts for 6 months so he can do a social visit to the uk, I mean we all know the cash flow is fake, I stated in the first email that he didn't have an income, are they going to fuck him for the visa?

  3. #3

    R.I.P.


    dirtydog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Pattaya Jomtien
    Posts
    58,767
    My last email to them.

    Hi, please stop wasting mine and your time, his flight with his return ticket will be paid for, he will be staying at my mothers so there is no accommodation charges, so how much should I pay into his account over the next 6 months, I do not want to live in the UK and haven't been back for nearly 20 years, I'm pretty sure my son doesn't want to live there as he has never been there, so please, just give me a figure where you will look at his account and say that is acceptable, obviously realising this isn't his money and just money I have stuck in his account as a British citizen.

  4. #4
    Tax Consultant
    Thormaturge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    9,890
    You did well getting a reply at all.

    I have been waiting for a reply to a message I sent in September.

  5. #5
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Last Online
    17-12-2018 @ 12:28 PM
    Posts
    8
    obvious question - if he is your son, why not get him a British passport and save yourself the ongoing grief of having to deal with the embassy?

  6. #6

    R.I.P.


    dirtydog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Pattaya Jomtien
    Posts
    58,767
    ^I am not married.

  7. #7
    Thailand Expat
    rawlins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Last Online
    13-04-2020 @ 05:52 PM
    Posts
    2,942
    ^ I am not married to my other half but we still got our baby a UK passport and registered in the UK...

    Not sure if there is a time limit to get a kid a passport though - suspect 18 years would be over any limit, if there is one....

  8. #8

    R.I.P.


    dirtydog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Pattaya Jomtien
    Posts
    58,767
    Quote Originally Posted by Thormaturge
    You did well getting a reply at all.
    if you don't get a reply best to take the site down, although I think this maybe illegal now.

  9. #9
    Tax Consultant
    Thormaturge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    9,890
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtydog View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Thormaturge
    You did well getting a reply at all.
    if you don't get a reply best to take the site down, although I think this maybe illegal now.
    Not something I could do personally...although I know a man who can. ahem

  10. #10

    R.I.P.


    dirtydog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Pattaya Jomtien
    Posts
    58,767
    Yep, at the time we was lucky to get him him Thai nationality, they didn't want farang sperm produced kids listed as Thai

  11. #11
    Molecular Mixup
    blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Last Online
    09-06-2019 @ 01:29 AM
    Location
    54N
    Posts
    11,352
    is he going on a summer language course ?,
    if so he need a 'student visitors visa,'
    full time students in london , need to have 800 pounds a month,
    perhaps its similar for a normal tourist visa , in either case
    he could show an offer from a Thai university as his reason to return home .

  12. #12

    R.I.P.


    dirtydog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Pattaya Jomtien
    Posts
    58,767
    Quote Originally Posted by rawlins
    I am not married to my other half but we still got our baby a UK passport
    The marriage laws have now changed and if I'm willing to whack up 40k baht they may consider he has a chance of being english, ie I whack u 40k baht and then they decide, may aswell throw that money out in the street really.

  13. #13

    R.I.P.


    dirtydog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Pattaya Jomtien
    Posts
    58,767
    Quote Originally Posted by blue
    is he going on a summer language course ?,
    His english is real good, so its only staying with my mom.

  14. #14

    R.I.P.


    dirtydog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Pattaya Jomtien
    Posts
    58,767
    Basically all I want to know is how much to run thru his account each month, this is like some big dark secret.

  15. #15
    Thailand Expat
    Little Chuchok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:37 AM
    Posts
    9,772
    ^Why don't you call them?

  16. #16
    Tax Consultant
    Thormaturge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    9,890
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Chuchok View Post
    ^Why don't you call them?
    ROFL


    Wait until you need a new passport, that's even more fun.

  17. #17

    R.I.P.


    dirtydog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Pattaya Jomtien
    Posts
    58,767
    I am emailing them you dumb kiwi, you had a shag yet?

    Passports are done in Hong Kong.

  18. #18

    R.I.P.


    dirtydog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Pattaya Jomtien
    Posts
    58,767
    This is the dumb thing, they know it is fake, I know it is fake, but the money keeps rolling in, but the fuks wont tell me how much.

  19. #19
    Excitable Boy
    FailSafe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Depends on your point of view...
    Posts
    6,648
    I went to the US Embassy on Monday to renew my passport- couldn't have gone smoother- called 'em a couple times with questions beforehand and they picked up the phone right away and told me exactly what I needed to know.

    You Limeys need to get it together.

  20. #20
    Tax Consultant
    Thormaturge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    9,890
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtydog View Post
    Passports are done in Hong Kong.
    Yep, got mine renewed recently.

    Given another five years and the UK Government will be outsourced to China to save spending all that money running the Houses of Parliament..

  21. #21

    R.I.P.


    dirtydog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Pattaya Jomtien
    Posts
    58,767
    Sometimes it is better to be merican, but I want to see where this goes, Im willing to bet they try and fuck me.

  22. #22
    Thailand Expat Boon Mee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Online
    13-09-2019 @ 04:18 PM
    Location
    Samui
    Posts
    44,719
    Not to get off-topic here but the 'Merkin Embassy Consular Affairs department is total shit too. Rude, extremely crowded even if you have an appointment. I absolutely hate having to go there...

  23. #23

    R.I.P.


    dirtydog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Pattaya Jomtien
    Posts
    58,767
    I am asking a real simplistic thing, ie my son get 4 to 6 weeks in the UK, all I want to know is how much they want in his bank account over the next 6 months, real simple really.

  24. #24

    R.I.P.


    dirtydog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Pattaya Jomtien
    Posts
    58,767
    It could be worse, I might want to take my girlfriend back. they would ask what toothbrush is hers, fuked if I know, not sure which is mine.

  25. #25

    R.I.P.


    dirtydog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Pattaya Jomtien
    Posts
    58,767
    My last email from them.

    Thank you for contacting the UK Border Agency Visa Information Service in Bangkok.





    There is no set amount of funds the Embassy requires. However, the financial evidence you provide should illustrate adequate funds to cover the return flight and accommodation and reasonable expenses, such as sightseeing costs, travel, transport etc for the applicant for the period he wishes to remain in the United Kingdom. We hope you find this information helpful.
    So, how much to run thru his account every month?

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •