Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1. #1
    Dislocated Member
    Neo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Online
    31-10-2021 @ 03:34 AM
    Location
    Nebuchadnezzar
    Posts
    10,609

    Visa on arrival?

    Dears...

    Just want to double check what visa is required.

    Will arrive in Phuket from Dubai in December for 2 week staying at SHA+ approved resort.
    I'm UK and wife is Phillipines, both resident in UAE.

    Is a Certificate of Entry required, or is that not related to tourism?

    Thanks
    Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!"

  2. #2
    Isle of discombobulation Joe 90's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Mai Arse
    Posts
    3,643
    30 days on arrival, last time I entered.
    Most on here don't enter on tourist visas though.
    Must be nice to have a holiday to look forward too..

  3. #3
    Thailand Expat armstrong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    4,472
    I'm pretty sure you need a COE but you can get that upon entry at Phuket.

  4. #4
    Dislocated Member
    Neo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Online
    31-10-2021 @ 03:34 AM
    Location
    Nebuchadnezzar
    Posts
    10,609
    Quote Originally Posted by armstrong View Post
    I'm pretty sure you need a COE but you can get that upon entry at Phuket.
    Seems to be... we will apply online, so hopefully no issues.

  5. #5
    Dislocated Member
    Neo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Online
    31-10-2021 @ 03:34 AM
    Location
    Nebuchadnezzar
    Posts
    10,609
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe 90 View Post
    Must be nice to have a holiday to look forward too..
    Indeed... first in nearly two years and a third the price of travelling the the Philippines in December

  6. #6
    Thailand Expat
    katie23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    PI
    Posts
    5,109
    ^the high price of travelling to PH now is due to the limited travel capacity on all airports. Only 2,000 passengers per day for Manila, even fewer for Cebu & Clark airports.

    Many Filipinos (and spouses/ families) based abroad want to go home for Christmas/ New Year (since they didn't come last year) but are deterred by the high fare prices and quarantine in PH.

    In one travel site, it's ~1,500 usd Los Angeles to Manila but ~500 usd MNL to LAX.

    @neo - enjoy your holiday in Thailand!

  7. #7
    Days Work Done! Norton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:08 PM
    Location
    Roiet
    Posts
    32,306
    Quote Originally Posted by katie23 View Post
    In one travel site, it's ~1,500 usd Los Angeles to Manila but ~500 usd MNL to LAX.
    Wow! Time for a vist to Eagle Rock, CA innit?

  8. #8
    Thailand Expat
    PAG's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Online
    16-10-2021 @ 10:55 PM
    Location
    Chalong, Phuket
    Posts
    3,676
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    Indeed... first in nearly two years and a third the price of travelling the the Philippines in December
    Currently, COE, fully vaccinated and a PCR test no older than 7 days at entry. Sandbox now only requires 7 days remaining on Phuket, and PCR testing on arrival (day 1) and day 6.

    Everywhere on the island is extremely quiet, particularly the core tourist areas going north from Kata right up to Bang Tao. Some of the more expat centric areas have some life, such as Rawai, and Phuket Town for Thais. Case of rolling the dice to know that will happen in the next couple of months re "entertainment" opening again. Restaurants, at least those who are open, with alcohol up to 10 p.m. currently.

    Which area were you thinking of staying?

  9. #9
    Dislocated Member
    Neo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Online
    31-10-2021 @ 03:34 AM
    Location
    Nebuchadnezzar
    Posts
    10,609
    Quote Originally Posted by PAG View Post
    Currently, COE, fully vaccinated and a PCR test no older than 7 days at entry. Sandbox now only requires 7 days remaining on Phuket, and PCR testing on arrival (day 1) and day 6.

    Everywhere on the island is extremely quiet, particularly the core tourist areas going north from Kata right up to Bang Tao. Some of the more expat centric areas have some life, such as Rawai, and Phuket Town for Thais. Case of rolling the dice to know that will happen in the next couple of months re "entertainment" opening again. Restaurants, at least those who are open, with alcohol up to 10 p.m. currently.

    Which area were you thinking of staying?
    Thanks for the update PAG. Staying in Thavorn Beach, Naka Thani.
    Entertainment will mostly be relaxing in the villa by the beach and a bit of sightseeing, so quiet is good.

    The Mrs wants to do some cookery lessons while we're there, but we'll wait to get there before booking anything.
    We have some recommended places to eat, so will see if we can get in the kitchen along the way and get some tips.

    Any recommendations for cookery lessons?
    Most advertised are with hotel chefs, a high standard I guess but perhaps not the most authentic, or best atmosphere.
    Last edited by Neo; 11-10-2021 at 03:38 PM.

  10. #10
    Dislocated Member
    Neo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Online
    31-10-2021 @ 03:34 AM
    Location
    Nebuchadnezzar
    Posts
    10,609
    Quote Originally Posted by katie23 View Post

    @neo - enjoy your holiday in Thailand!
    I'll try!

  11. #11
    Thailand Expat
    PAG's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Online
    16-10-2021 @ 10:55 PM
    Location
    Chalong, Phuket
    Posts
    3,676
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    Thanks for the update PAG. Staying in Thavorn Beach, Naka Thani.
    Entertainment will mostly be relaxing in the villa by the beach and a bit of sightseeing, so quiet is good.

    The Mrs wants to do some cookery lessons while we're there, but we'll wait to get there before booking anything.
    We have some recommended places to eat, so will see if we can get in the kitchen along the way and get some tips.

    Any recommendations for cookery lessons?
    Most advertised are with hotel chefs, a high standard I guess but perhaps not the most authentic, or best atmosphere.
    OK, so to the north of Patong. Re cooking lessons, I'm guessing this is for Thai cuisine? I know a Brit expat, who with his wife, has a bar restaurant in Patong. His wife has a good reputation as a chef, and also does lessons. It's The Halfway Inn Restobar. Check them out on Facebook, and make contact by Messenger.

  12. #12
    Dislocated Member
    Neo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Online
    31-10-2021 @ 03:34 AM
    Location
    Nebuchadnezzar
    Posts
    10,609
    thanks PAG

  13. #13
    Thailand Expat
    malmomike77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    2,051
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    Any recommendations for cookery lessons?
    PAG..

  14. #14
    Hangin' Around cyrille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    25,715
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    Entertainment will mostly be relaxing in the villa by the beach and a bit of sightseeing
    Sightseeing?

    In Phuket?

    Hope you’re both crazy golf fans.

  15. #15
    Thailand Expat
    PAG's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Online
    16-10-2021 @ 10:55 PM
    Location
    Chalong, Phuket
    Posts
    3,676
    Quote Originally Posted by malmomike77 View Post
    PAG..
    LOL

  16. #16
    Thailand Expat
    PAG's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Online
    16-10-2021 @ 10:55 PM
    Location
    Chalong, Phuket
    Posts
    3,676
    Quote Originally Posted by cyrille View Post
    Sightseeing?

    In Phuket?

    Hope you’re both crazy golf fans.
    Big Buddha will be quite pleasant at the moment, with little to no tourist hordes, and plenty of temples of course. The old part of Phuket Town has been beautified over the last couple of years, and has some interesting shops and cafe/restaurants. The Aquarium at the end of Cape Panwa is surprisingly good, and that area has some decent bar restaurants. If you're into fishing, Chalong Fishing Park can provide a few hours entertainment.

    The attractions of Phuket are primarily to be found in its natural beauty, and it's worth seeking out the quiet scenic areas and have lunch at the best restaurant you can find in that area.

  17. #17
    Dislocated Member
    Neo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Online
    31-10-2021 @ 03:34 AM
    Location
    Nebuchadnezzar
    Posts
    10,609
    Quote Originally Posted by cyrille View Post
    Sightseeing?

    In Phuket?

    Hope you’re both crazy golf fans.
    Funnily enough... yes we are

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •