Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 57
  1. #1
    Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Online
    26-05-2021 @ 09:00 PM
    Posts
    76

    International Schools Open or Closed in January?

    Hello all, I am returning to teach at an international school in the Pattaya/Rayong area in January, after four years working abroad. Any ideas on whether there will be face to face teaching, or online learning when schools reopen in January?
    Last edited by Bowzer; 29-12-2020 at 01:46 PM.

  2. #2
    Thailand Expat
    aging one's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    20,081
    Quote Originally Posted by Bowzer View Post
    Hello all, I am returning to teach at an international school in Pattaya/Rayong area in January, after four years working abroad. Any ideas on wheter there will be face to face teaching or online learning when schools reopen in January?
    It varies school to school would be my guess. Depends on the situation in Pattaya/Rayong. I would send the school an email. I would proofread the email as well.

  3. #3
    Thailand Expat
    happynz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:07 PM
    Location
    on the corner of dusty and dustier
    Posts
    10,464
    Quote Originally Posted by Bowzer View Post
    am returning to teach at an international school in Pattaya/Rayong area in January, after four years working abroad. Any ideas on wheter there will be face to face teaching or online learning when schools reopen in January?
    If you don't have that information yet (it's almost January, bub) I have to wonder about the quality of your prospective employer's administration skills.

  4. #4
    Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Online
    26-05-2021 @ 09:00 PM
    Posts
    76
    Quote Originally Posted by aging one View Post
    It varies school to school would be my guess. Depends on the situation in Pattaya/Rayong. I would send the school an email. I would proofread the email as well.
    Ah, the occasional typo proves that your human. My line on it anyway...

    Good advice though, I will email them nearer the time.

  5. #5
    Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Online
    26-05-2021 @ 09:00 PM
    Posts
    76
    It is a good school, worked there before, happy to go back.

  6. #6
    Praise Jesus
    Edmond's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Cebu
    Posts
    4,102
    Do they know that you're going back to work for them, or are you just gonna waltz in unannounced and take over some random class?



    Quote Originally Posted by Bowzer View Post
    Any ideas on whether there will be face to face teaching, or online learning when schools reopen in January?
    Maybe ask the school?

  7. #7
    Thailand Expat armstrong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    3,837
    Much like last time they will open as new-normal until the government decide otherwise. And like last time we had 1 days notice. So I can't imagine they'll have a definite answer for you. But I'd get acquainted with whatever online learning platform they prefer.

  8. #8
    Member TheMadBaron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    A clapped out post colonial vestige of redundant imperialism
    Posts
    434
    Quote Originally Posted by Bowzer View Post
    Ah, the occasional typo proves that your human.
    You're human.

  9. #9
    ความรู้ลึกลับ HuangLao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    สุโขทัย
    Posts
    9,534
    Quote Originally Posted by armstrong View Post
    Much like last time they will open as new-normal until the government decide otherwise. And like last time we had 1 days notice. So I can't imagine they'll have a definite answer for you. But I'd get acquainted with whatever online learning platform they prefer.

    Post-new normal or old pre-normal or a fabricated normal that has yet to be named.
    Whatever those are.

  10. #10
    Thailand Expat TheRealKW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:10 PM
    Posts
    8,968
    Quote Originally Posted by Bowzer View Post
    Ah, the occasional typo proves that your human. My line on it anyway...

    Good advice though, I will email them nearer the time.

    You’re.

    And no, it does not, it proves that you do not bother to proof read your own writing.

    what did you say you teach?

  11. #11
    Thailand Expat armstrong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    3,837
    IB Proof Reading on Outdated, Shit Thai Forums.

  12. #12
    Custom Title Changer
    Topper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:10 PM
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    9,428
    I had online classes today with two students and one parent who live in Rayong. Their schools/child's school are closed with no opening date being given. From what other's have told me, the latest date given is 15 January for BMA schools.

    Who can find the hidden grammar mistake I cleverly hid in post?
    "I was a good student. I comprehend very well, OK, better than I think almost anybody," - President Trump comparing his legal knowledge to a Federal judge.

  13. #13
    Custom user Neverna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Behind a rhododendron bush
    Posts
    20,115
    Quote Originally Posted by Topper View Post
    Who can find the hidden grammar mistake I cleverly hid in post?
    Quote Originally Posted by Topper View Post
    From what other's have told me, the latest date given is 15 January for BMA schools.
    It should be 'others', not "other's".

  14. #14
    Custom Title Changer
    Topper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:10 PM
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    9,428
    That's one...

  15. #15
    Custom user Neverna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Behind a rhododendron bush
    Posts
    20,115
    Quote Originally Posted by Topper View Post
    Who can find the hidden grammar mistake I cleverly hid in post?
    There's a word missing from the above question.

    Who can find the hidden grammar mistake I cleverly hid in this post?

  16. #16
    Custom Title Changer
    Topper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:10 PM
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    9,428
    Quote Originally Posted by Neverna View Post
    Who can find the hidden grammar mistake I cleverly hid in this post?
    Yes!!!! You're now officially qualified to be a grammar Nazi!

    TBH I missed that one....

  17. #17
    Hangin' Around cyrille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    23,866
    As you're on a grammar / spelling nazi rampage, Nev ... you might want to look for a third time at your offering at 2:59pm.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealKW View Post
    what did you say you teach?
    *cough*

  18. #18
    Thailand Expat helge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    6,616
    Quote Originally Posted by Topper View Post
    being given
    ?......

  19. #19
    Thailand Expat helge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    6,616
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMadBaron View Post
    You're human.
    Pedant !

  20. #20
    Custom user Neverna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Behind a rhododendron bush
    Posts
    20,115
    Quote Originally Posted by cyrille View Post
    As you're on a grammar / spelling nazi rampage, Nev ... you might want to look for a third time at your offering at 2:59pm.
    I didn't post anything at 2:59pm, cyrille. You might want to look at posters names more closely.

    *cough*

  21. #21
    Hangin' Around cyrille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    23,866
    Oops ... it was two days ago at 2:59.

    OK, so I don't follow this place keenly enough.

  22. #22
    Custom user Neverna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Behind a rhododendron bush
    Posts
    20,115
    Quote Originally Posted by cyrille View Post
    Oops ... it was two days ago at 2:59.
    OK. I see a typo, and actually a typo I remember correcting. Fuck knows how it ended up the same as before I corrected it. I blame a rogue mod. You know what they're like here. They probably have a typo_brainfuck.exe installed here.
    Last edited by Neverna; 30-12-2020 at 12:12 AM. Reason: typo added by cyrille removed

  23. #23
    Member TheMadBaron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    A clapped out post colonial vestige of redundant imperialism
    Posts
    434
    Quote Originally Posted by helge View Post
    Pedant !
    Superfluous space before exclamation mark.

  24. #24
    Hangin' Around cyrille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    23,866
    ^^ You've still got a pretty basic spelling mistake there.

    Quote Originally Posted by Neverna View Post
    I enjoyed it, Dave, and I would eat it again. But as you know, individual tastes vary. Your milage might vary, but give it a try yourself; see what you think.
    EDIT: I just checked it and it's a variant.

    You're right.

    I don't remember ever seeing 'milage' for 'mileage' before.

    You win.

  25. #25
    Custom Title Changer
    Topper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:10 PM
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    9,428
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMadBaron View Post
    Superfluous space before exclamation mark.
    Like the space between Chico's ears?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •