Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Member
    magpie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Last Online
    14-09-2020 @ 11:04 AM
    Posts
    358

    For Aussies: Tax Exemption For OS Workers Targeted


  2. #2
    Thailand Expat
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    60,001
    The Rudd Government today announces important new measures to ensure that workers who earn income overseas do not have an unfair advantage over workers who earn income and pay tax in Australia.
    The measures help improve the fairness and integrity of the tax system by better targeting the tax exemption for income earned by Australians earning income overseas.

    in other words they wanna try and tax us more...

  3. #3
    Thailand Expat
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Chonburi, Thailand
    Posts
    6,964
    Hows does that effect someone who is employed by a Thai Company being paid solely in Baht and paying full Thai tax (am currently on about 24%).

  4. #4
    On a walkabout Loy Toy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    29,393
    Quote Originally Posted by kingwilly
    in other words they wanna try and tax us more...
    Yep they actually quoted a figure as well mate: The new measures are expected to provide an additional $675 million over the forward estimates.

    Best you and me start doing some O/T.

  5. #5
    Thailand Expat
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    60,001
    Quote Originally Posted by Fondles
    Hows does that effect someone who is employed by a Thai Company being paid solely in Baht and paying full Thai tax (am currently on about 24%).
    Presuming you work in Thailand more than 180 days of the year, in which case there is already an agreement between Australia and thailand, that you pay Thai tax only.

  6. #6
    Thailand Expat
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    60,001
    Quote Originally Posted by Loy Toy
    Yep they actually quoted a figure as well mate: The new measures are expected to provide an additional $675 million over the forward estimates. Best you and me start doing some O/T.
    who fookin voted labour?

    i wanna know.

  7. #7
    Thailand Expat
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Chonburi, Thailand
    Posts
    6,964
    Quote Originally Posted by kingwilly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fondles
    Hows does that effect someone who is employed by a Thai Company being paid solely in Baht and paying full Thai tax (am currently on about 24%).
    Presuming you work in Thailand more than 180 days of the year, in which case there is already an agreement between Australia and thailand, that you pay Thai tax only.
    Ahh cool cool, cheers.

  8. #8
    I'm in Jail

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:58 AM
    Location
    Way, Way South of the border now - thank God!
    Posts
    28,785
    Quote Originally Posted by kingwilly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Loy Toy
    Yep they actually quoted a figure as well mate: The new measures are expected to provide an additional $675 million over the forward estimates. Best you and me start doing some O/T.
    who fookin voted labour?

    i wanna know.
    Not me.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •