Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 52
  1. #1
    Thailand Expat
    Chico's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Last Online
    16-01-2021 @ 07:39 PM
    Location
    I'm Dead
    Posts
    6,138

    conversations with people of interest

    John Pilger on the new Cold War with China, Bidenís victory & coronavirus (E962)

    John Pilger on the new Cold War with China, Biden’s victory & coronavirus (E962) — RT Going Underground


  2. #2
    Thailand Expat AntRobertson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    39,202
    How is this an 'Issue'?

  3. #3
    Thailand Expat harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    72,463
    It's not. And Pilger has long since joined the ranks of the seppo haters, which sadly has turned his "journalism" into a bit of a joke.

  4. #4
    disturbance in the Turnip baldrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:07 PM
    Location
    Heidleberg
    Posts
    22,990
    Quote Originally Posted by Chico View Post
    new Cold War
    dang boy , you is wit it

  5. #5
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:50 PM
    Location
    Sanur
    Posts
    4,958
    Apparently, ship loads of Australian anthracite are parked outside Chinese docks, waiting to unload.

    The Chinese are refusing access and docking, preferring to shut down power supplies to freezing communities on the Chinese mainland.
    Perhaps Chinese scientists can use borrowed IPR to find an aLternatives to fossil fuel burning?

    Australia has provided 60% of coal imports for the Chinese, until recently.

  6. #6
    Thailand Expat
    Klondyke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:26 PM
    Posts
    8,147
    Quote Originally Posted by harrybarracuda View Post
    And Pilger has long since joined the ranks of the seppo haters, which sadly has turned his "journalism" into a bit of a joke.
    Doesn't he write also at poolsides? (similarly as late Robert Fisk - discovered by courtesy of our Master of Demagogy)

  7. #7
    disturbance in the Turnip baldrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:07 PM
    Location
    Heidleberg
    Posts
    22,990
    Quote Originally Posted by Switch View Post
    The Chinese are refusing access and docking, preferring to shut down power supplies to freezing communities on the Chinese mainland.
    lack of coal is not really the problem - massive increase in electrical demand and trying to curb pollution by closing dirty power plants is

  8. #8
    Your local I.Q. Monitor
    Hugh Cow's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 02:54 PM
    Location
    Qld/Bangkok
    Posts
    2,932
    Pilger has mostly lived in Britain since the early 60s. His knowledge of what Australians think is doubtful at best.

  9. #9
    Thailand Expat lom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:07 PM
    Location
    Trapped in an old mans body
    Posts
    10,207
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Cow View Post
    Pilger has mostly lived in Britain since the early 60s. His knowledge of what Australians think is doubtful at best.
    You should remember what you just wrote when you try to give lectures here about Britain, Europe, and Brexit..

  10. #10
    Lone Monarchist
    Backspin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:35 PM
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    3,710
    Quote Originally Posted by Switch View Post
    Apparently, ship loads of Australian anthracite are parked outside Chinese docks, waiting to unload.

    The Chinese are refusing access and docking, preferring to shut down power supplies to freezing communities on the Chinese mainland.
    Perhaps Chinese scientists can use borrowed IPR to find an aLternatives to fossil fuel burning?

    Australia has provided 60% of coal imports for the Chinese, until recently.
    Russia can provide all the coal that China could ever want. China was buying all this coal from Australia to shmoose with the Anglo world. China wanted to be accepted by the Anglosphere so it did all this trade.

    Now that this policy is blowing up for China and the Anglos, China will go back to what it should have done all along. Buy coal from Russia

  11. #11
    Thailand Expat
    Klondyke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:26 PM
    Posts
    8,147
    Perhaps the policy makers do not have enough research (read intelligence) staff for investigating the market/sources situation in the adversary countries before they start the trade wars? Cannot the Congress assign more funds for them?

  12. #12
    Your local I.Q. Monitor
    Hugh Cow's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 02:54 PM
    Location
    Qld/Bangkok
    Posts
    2,932
    Quote Originally Posted by lom View Post
    You should remember what you just wrote when you try to give lectures here about Britain, Europe, and Brexit..
    Thank you for reading my posts. I should be flattered you follow my every post so closely. And you also know how much time I have spent in Britain and Europe apparently? Well done, that crystal ball you bought on the internet really works! Dont you think it's probably time to sit back down on your commode now? Thinking is not good for you and you'll do yourself an injury.
    Remember, It's an ill lom that blows nobody any good. And you are certainly the proof of that.

  13. #13
    Hangin' Around cyrille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    21,483
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Cow View Post
    Pilger has mostly lived in Britain since the early 60s. His knowledge of what Australians think is doubtful at best.

    Quote Originally Posted by lom View Post
    You should remember what you just wrote when you try to give lectures here about Britain, Europe, and Brexit..


    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Cow View Post
    And you also know how much time I have spent in Britain and Europe apparently?
    Your criticism of Pilger was that he has not lived in Australia since the sixties, and therefore lacks knowledge of what Australians think.

    Your defence against the same criticism regarding your knowledge of Britain and Europe is, tellingly, that you lived in Britain and/or Europe for a long time, not that you lived there recently.


    Why don't you go all the way and claim Pilger is a pompous oaf?

    We could do with yet another giggle at your laughable hypocrisy.

  14. #14
    Hansum Man! panama hat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:00 PM
    Location
    Way, Way South of the border now - thank God!
    Posts
    26,563
    Quote Originally Posted by Backspin View Post
    Russia can provide all the coal that China could ever want. China was buying all this coal from Australia to shmoose with the Anglo world. China wanted to be accepted by the Anglosphere so it did all this trade.
    You are such a simpleton that it is painful to read your posts at times, similar to chico writing that France stopped ferry traffic due to the massive new outbreak of c-19 . . . oh, chico's 'reasom' is that the EU hates the UK because of Brexit.

    You two should breed.

  15. #15
    Thailand Expat lom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:07 PM
    Location
    Trapped in an old mans body
    Posts
    10,207
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Cow View Post
    And you also know how much time I have spent in Britain and Europe apparently?
    From your posts it is clear that you have not spend enough.

  16. #16
    Chinese spy
    sabang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:06 PM
    Location
    BackinOz
    Posts
    32,744
    Always interesting to listen to JP. Cheers.

  17. #17
    Thailand Expat harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    72,463
    Quote Originally Posted by baldrick View Post
    lack of coal is not really the problem - massive increase in electrical demand and trying to curb pollution by closing dirty power plants is
    Of course the chinkies are busy building coal fired power stations in the third world (as part of their "belt and owed") while claiming that they are doing something about climate change.

    Lying fucking chinkies.

  18. #18
    Your local I.Q. Monitor
    Hugh Cow's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 02:54 PM
    Location
    Qld/Bangkok
    Posts
    2,932
    Quote Originally Posted by lom View Post
    From your posts it is clear that you have not spend enough.
    Thank you for your statement purely based on well, nothing really, other than your uninformed opinion. Still why would you need to base anything on fact when you have an opinion.

  19. #19
    Thailand Expat TheRealKW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    5,688
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Cow View Post
    Thank you for your statement purely based on well, nothing really, other than your uninformed opinion. Still why would you need to base anything on fact when you have an opinion.
    You manage it all the time

  20. #20
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:50 PM
    Location
    Sanur
    Posts
    4,958
    Quote Originally Posted by Backspin View Post
    Russia can provide all the coal that China could ever want. China was buying all this coal from Australia to shmoose with the Anglo world. China wanted to be accepted by the Anglosphere so it did all this trade.

    Now that this policy is blowing up for China and the Anglos, China will go back to what it should have done all along. Buy coal from Russia
    But right now, they are trying to punish Australia for questioning the demand to act responsibly as a world power, instead of hiding their mistakes.
    As Baldrick pointed out, they have enough technical knowledge, stolen or otherwise, to develop alternate energy sources, instead of burning fossil fuels.
    Instead they choose to punish Australia by starving their own people of a power and energy source.

    Those freighters are not there on the off chance they might find a buyer for their coal, but because China ordered it in the first place.

  21. #21
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:50 PM
    Location
    Sanur
    Posts
    4,958
    Quote Originally Posted by cyrille View Post
    Your criticism of Pilger was that he has not lived in Australia since the sixties, and therefore lacks knowledge of what Australians think.

    Your defence against the same criticism regarding your knowledge of Britain and Europe is, tellingly, that you lived in Britain and/or Europe for a long time, not that you lived there recently.


    Why don't you go all the way and claim Pilger is a pompous oaf?

    We could do with yet another giggle at your laughable hypocrisy.
    Yet you living and working away from the UK, and getting your biased opinions from one newspaper is perfectly acceptable?
    You have surely perfected the art of living in a glasshouse and throwing rubber stones

  22. #22
    Hangin' Around cyrille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    21,483
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealKW View Post
    You manage it all the time
    An a/c repair man based in bumfuck, Australyaa.

    Qualified to educate all about the UK and Europe, though an internationally respected Australian journalist based in London has no idea about modern day Australia.

    He's hoping BREXIT happens soon.


  23. #23
    Thailand Expat TheRealKW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    5,688
    Quote Originally Posted by cyrille View Post
    An a/c repair man based in bumfuck, Australyaa.

    Qualified to educate all about the UK and Europe, though an internationally respected Australian journalist based in London has no idea about modern day Australia.

    He's hoping BREXIT happens soon.

    You just could not make up this shit!

  24. #24
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:50 PM
    Location
    Sanur
    Posts
    4,958
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealKW View Post
    You just could not make up this shit!
    His perception, like his world view, suffers from tunnel vision.

  25. #25
    Your local I.Q. Monitor
    Hugh Cow's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 02:54 PM
    Location
    Qld/Bangkok
    Posts
    2,932
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealKW View Post
    You manage it all the time
    You are becoming a tiresome troll. Luckily you are of sufficiently low intellect to be no challange.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •