Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 259
  1. #101
    Hansum Man! panama hat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:54 PM
    Location
    Way, Way South of the border now - thank God!
    Posts
    25,365
    Quote Originally Posted by OhOh View Post
    Your unwarranted opinion
    Coming from you . . . that is off the charts

    Quote Originally Posted by OhOh View Post
    It indicates a lack of inclusiveness
    Why? I discount anything Klondyke says - the 'lack of inclusiveness is a given seeing he posts

  2. #102
    Thailand Expat
    Klondyke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:25 PM
    Posts
    7,907
    Quote Originally Posted by panama hat View Post
    I discount anything Klondyke says
    "...no matter what he says" - quite good procedure ("I do not care what the facts are"...GHWB)

  3. #103
    Thailand Expat harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    71,023
    Quote Originally Posted by OhOh View Post
    You'd do well to stop insulting fellow posters here on TD. It indicates a lack of inclusiveness and your failure to discuss the topic, which is your choice..
    I think you should read that back to yourself, being as you are the champion TD off-topic waffler every time your arse has been handed to you on a plate (again).

    Australia V China-500_f_113169279_s78sonvv4tj3hpogtdsmgxwvhs2fgecz-jpg

  4. #104
    Hansum Man! panama hat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:54 PM
    Location
    Way, Way South of the border now - thank God!
    Posts
    25,365
    Quote Originally Posted by Klondyke View Post
    "...no matter what he says" - quite good procedure ("I do not care what the facts are"...GHWB)
    Because everything you say is bullshit, devoid of facts.


    Quote Originally Posted by harrybarracuda View Post
    I think you should read that back to yourself, being as you are the champion TD off-topic waffler every time your arse has been handed to you on a plate (again).
    . . . and again and again and again

  5. #105
    Thailand Expat
    OhOh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:12 PM
    Location
    Where troubles melt like lemon drops
    Posts
    20,837
    ^^, ^

    Australia V China-bronze-mirror-jpg

  6. #106
    Thailand Expat harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    71,023
    It's great how he just proves your point on cue.

  7. #107
    Thailand Expat harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    71,023

  8. #108
    Bigly Fiendish
    Looper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:05 PM
    Posts
    12,798
    Canberra probes reports China has banned Australian coal

    Canberra is investigating reports Beijing ordered its state-owned enterprises to stop buying Australian coal, stoking fears that trade tensions between the countries were rising.

    Australia V China-https-d1e00ek4ebabms-cloudfront-net-production-35cd6ae6


    But analysts cautioned that the unconfirmed reports of a coal ban may reflect efforts by China to prop up its own domestic coal industry rather than a deepening political dispute with Australia.

    Beijing has reportedly issued a verbal communication to state-owned energy companies and steel mills to immediately stop importing Australian coal — a potentially crushing blow to the country’s A$55bn ($39bn) a year coal export industry.

    China has already imposed sanctions on barley, beef and wine imports following a sharp deterioration in diplomatic relations linked to Canberra’s call for an inquiry into the origins of the Covid-19 pandemic in Wuhan.

    Australian exports have risen much more than others, so given the ongoing politics in the background, [it’s] easy to penalise Australia versus other trading partners
    Robert Rennie, Westpac

    Simon Birmingham, Australia’s trade minister, said the government had received no official notification from Beijing regarding an order to stop buying Australian coal.

    “We don’t have any evidence to verify those reports,” he told Australian radio on Tuesday.

    “I have seen the reports and we have certainly been in touch with the Australian industry and we have also been working to seek a response from Chinese authorities in relation to the accusations that have been made publicly.”

    News of a proposed coal ban was first reported by S&P Global Platts and Argus Media, with the latter stating that one state-owned Chinese utility had temporarily halted a shipment of Australian coal.

    But some analysts suggested the action may be unlinked to simmering diplomatic tensions.

    “It is possible the term ‘ban’ is being confused with ‘quota’ and Australia producers have already reached their import quotas for the year,” said Peter O’Connor, analyst at Shaw and Partners, a Sydney-based broker.
    China coking coal imports by country

    He said coal importers from several nations had experienced similar import restrictions around October in previous years, once they had reached import quota limits designed to protect China’s coal sector.

    Daniel Hynes, an analyst at ANZ, said it appeared some Chinese buyers received the order but others had not. He added that the action did not appear to be directed exclusively at Australia, with other import sources also coming under the directive.
    Recommended
    AnalysisAustralia
    Australia given short shrift by China over US ties and virus stance

    Robert Rennie, head of global market strategy at Westpac, said import quotas, which China uses to control prices and the role of the commodity in the country’s energy mix, combined with “huge queues” off ports in China, meant imports would have to slow over the remainder of the year.

    “Australian exports have risen much more than others, so given the ongoing politics in the background, [it’s] easy to penalise Australia versus other trading partners,” he said.

    Coal producers have been concerned political tensions with China were effecting the trade for months.

    “Vessels are waiting outside in China to be discharged, and definitely, Australia is not front of the queue,” Ivan Glasenberg, chief executive of Glencore, the miner and commodities trader, told analysts in August. “Yeah, that is affecting the coal business.”

    Subscribe to read | Financial Times

  9. #109
    Hansum Man! panama hat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:54 PM
    Location
    Way, Way South of the border now - thank God!
    Posts
    25,365
    Quote Originally Posted by harrybarracuda View Post
    It's great how he just proves your point on cue.
    Yes, he really is a special kind of stupid, but then if you hang around Klondyke long enough it's bound to rub off.



    Quote Originally Posted by harrybarracuda View Post
    Now the chinkies are using cotton as a stick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Looper View Post
    Beijing ordered its state-owned enterprises to stop buying Australian coal,
    Cue OhOh about how badly treated China was during colonisation and . . . and . . . just look at Guantanamo Bay


    Any country or producer/manufacturer/grower etc... that thinks hitching your wagon to the China-train is a good idea deserve to be screwed

  10. #110
    Chinese spy
    sabang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Online
    28-11-2020 @ 06:46 AM
    Location
    BackinOz
    Posts
    32,385
    Any fool that thinks unhitching your wagon from the China train is either attainable or a good idea deserves to be a citizen of a second or third world country! That's about as ridiculous as saying unhitch your wagon, in trade and commerce terms, from the American train. Or the EU, Indian subcontinent or any other major economic entity.

    As it happens, two can play that game- namely China too. The recent invective emanating from some RW politicians in Australia, predictably amplified by the Murdoch press, has caused considerable discomfiture in Chinese circles too- both the CCP, business sector, and the Chinese diaspora. So China is actively looking to diversify it's imports away from over reliance on Australia. How on earth this could be considered any sort of victory for Oz though, sure beats me.

  11. #111
    Hansum Man! panama hat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:54 PM
    Location
    Way, Way South of the border now - thank God!
    Posts
    25,365
    Quote Originally Posted by sabang View Post
    Any fool that thinks unhitching your wagon from the China train is either attainable or a good idea deserves to be a citizen of a second or third world country!
    Clearly your definition of 'hitching your wagon' needs explaining.

    You have one wagon. You hitch this wagon on the China Express . . . it's smarter to create several wagons to hitch to the China Express, Domestic Express, USA Express, EU Express, Aus Express etc...

    Is this information not attainable in 'second' or 'third' world countries? Added to which, the discussion is Australia and China where an unhitching of the One-Wagon-Policy would be a very good idea

  12. #112
    Chinese spy
    sabang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Online
    28-11-2020 @ 06:46 AM
    Location
    BackinOz
    Posts
    32,385
    Anyway, attempts at diversifying Australian (in particular) exports from over reliance China are not a bad thing- this has been a government agenda since before this recent chinese schtick.
    What is a bad thing is believing that sabotaging Australian exports to China is a good thing. You do not need to damage your existing, lucrative export markets to expand elsewhere. Indeed, that is downright stupid.

  13. #113
    Thailand Expat
    OhOh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:12 PM
    Location
    Where troubles melt like lemon drops
    Posts
    20,837
    Quote Originally Posted by panama hat View Post
    he discussion is Australia and China where an unhitching of the One-Wagon-Policy would be a very good idea
    As previously posted the idiots focusing on one market always leads to doom, always.

    Some perspective:

    Australian exports by country:

    Australia V China-oz-exports-jpg


    China Exports by country:

    Australia V China-china-exports-jpg


    China Exports By Country

    The two countries imports show similarly;

    Australian imports, from China (No. 1 - 27%),

    China imports, from Australia (No. 6 - 5.4%).

    All 2019 data.
    Last edited by OhOh; 18-10-2020 at 10:15 AM.
    A tray full of GOLD is not worth a moment in time.

  14. #114
    Hansum Man! panama hat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:54 PM
    Location
    Way, Way South of the border now - thank God!
    Posts
    25,365
    Quote Originally Posted by OhOh View Post
    idiots
    You and Klondyke . . .

  15. #115
    Thailand Expat harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    71,023
    Quote Originally Posted by sabang View Post
    Anyway, attempts at diversifying Australian (in particular) exports from over reliance China are not a bad thing- this has been a government agenda since before this recent chinese schtick.
    What is a bad thing is believing that sabotaging Australian exports to China is a good thing. You do not need to damage your existing, lucrative export markets to expand elsewhere. Indeed, that is downright stupid.
    No, you should kiss chinky arse and give up anything to keep their patronage. ***




    *** Of course you shouldn't you snivelling chinky sycophant.

  16. #116
    Your local I.Q. Monitor
    Hugh Cow's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:42 AM
    Location
    Qld/Bangkok
    Posts
    2,877
    [QUOTE=OhOh;4172781]They being the Australian government who introduced and changed previously agreed and working accommodations.


    Please show me where the Australian government has broken its' agreement with China. Show me where it says the chinese can put an 80% tarriff on australian barley in the free trade agreement. Or maybe you can show me the justification for the chinese govts "investigation" into Australia "dumping" wine in China when it is one of the more expensive wines in Chinae which runs totally counter to a dumping argument, or maybe suspension of australian beef shipments over "isssues" with health certificates yet the beef is exported to markets such as the EU and Japan with some of the most stringent health requirements in the world without "issues" as opposed to China, where they slaughter just about anything in some of the most unhealthy and inhumane conditions in the world. (Yes I have been to China and seen for myself and have also been too many Australian abattoirs and am fully aware of the health regulations that are enforced there) Coincidentally it just all happened after Australia called for an investigation into a virus that has crippled the world and killed many, that originated in China and this apparently "hurt the chinese peoples feelings".
    If the virus originated in Australia, Australians would be demanding an inquiry into the Virus and its source and would support an international call to do so, but of course the Chinese population can make no such demands on their government.
    I wait, yet again for another answer which like my last questions to you will no doubt go unanswered, because you are incapable of answering a direct question. You know it will expose the lies and misinformation in the house of cards you post from.

  17. #117
    Hansum Man! panama hat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:54 PM
    Location
    Way, Way South of the border now - thank God!
    Posts
    25,365
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Cow View Post
    I wait, yet again for another answer which like my last questions to you will no doubt go unanswered, because you are incapable of answering a direct question. You know it will expose the lies and misinformation in the house of cards you post from.
    Basically he's an apologist piece of shit, can't back up his assertions aside from quoting Pravda, China News etc... Easy to criticise others but won't do self-critique

  18. #118
    Thailand Expat
    OhOh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:12 PM
    Location
    Where troubles melt like lemon drops
    Posts
    20,837
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Cow View Post
    Please show me where the Australian government has broken its' agreement with China.
    Australian wine subsidies, Confusious study groups, allowing Chinese students to study in OZ, labeling the as yet unproven virus as being of Chines origin - before the WHO findings have been published .....
    Search your self if you desire to.

    Here's one you may have read:

    China sparks global trade war fears after hitting Australia with huge 80% tariff as punishment for demanding virus probe – The Sun

    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Cow View Post
    the free trade agreement
    You have a link to the agreement you can share?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Cow View Post
    australian beef shipments over "isssues" with health certificates
    Search your self if you desire to.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Cow View Post
    that originated in China
    You have a link to that fact you can share?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Cow View Post
    the Chinese population can make no such demands on their government.
    See who demanded an impartial, international enquiry, not one focused solely on China, WHO led inquiries. Not OZ.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Cow View Post
    that originated in China
    You have the results of the WHO inquiry? Please post a link.

    Too much koolaid for you.
    Last edited by OhOh; 19-10-2020 at 04:39 PM.

  19. #119
    Thailand Expat
    OhOh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:12 PM
    Location
    Where troubles melt like lemon drops
    Posts
    20,837
    Quote Originally Posted by harrybarracuda View Post
    their pesky Wuhan Virus
    Post a link to the published WHO inquiry findings, to substantiate your accusation

  20. #120
    Thailand Expat harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    71,023
    Quote Originally Posted by OhOh View Post
    Post a link to the published WHO inquiry findings, to substantiate your accusation

    The WHO? The ones who helped the chinkies cover it up in the first place? And who are letting the chinkies block access to global experts while the chinkies forensically clean up the crime scene?

    You stupid boy.

    Let the chinkies speak for themselves:

    Australia V China-untitled-jpg

  21. #121
    Thailand Expat harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    71,023
    <derp>

  22. #122
    Hansum Man! panama hat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:54 PM
    Location
    Way, Way South of the border now - thank God!
    Posts
    25,365
    He hates facts . . .

  23. #123
    Thailand Expat
    OhOh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:12 PM
    Location
    Where troubles melt like lemon drops
    Posts
    20,837
    ^ ^^
    Neither of you have presented here on TD any facts.

  24. #124
    Hansum Man! panama hat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:54 PM
    Location
    Way, Way South of the border now - thank God!
    Posts
    25,365
    Quote Originally Posted by OhOh View Post
    Neither of you have presented here on TD any facts.
    Oh, I like this game.

    Ahem . . .

    Yes, we have. You haven't.


    (and 'facts' according to the CCP and RT/Pravda are not facts.)

  25. #125
    Your local I.Q. Monitor
    Hugh Cow's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:42 AM
    Location
    Qld/Bangkok
    Posts
    2,877
    Quote Originally Posted by OhOh View Post
    Australian wine subsidies, Confusious study groups, allowing Chinese students to study in OZ, labeling the as yet unproven virus as being of Chines origin - before the WHO findings have been published .....
    Search your self if you desire to.

    Here's one you may have read:

    China sparks global trade war fears after hitting Australia with huge 80% tariff as punishment for demanding virus probe – The Sun


    You have a link to the agreement you can share?


    Search your self if you desire to.


    You have a link to that fact you can share?


    See who demanded an impartial, international enquiry, not one focused solely on China, WHO led inquiries. Not OZ.


    You have the results of the WHO inquiry? Please post a link.

    Too much koolaid for you.
    You do realise of course that every major country recognises that the virus started in China. Will you go silent when your BS is discovered yet again? I seem to remember how you defended Russia over the Skripol poisoning and went strangely silent when Britain produced the evidence. No doubt you and Tonto still believe they went on a Days sight seeing tour of Salisbury. Doesn't everybody from Russia?

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •