Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 54

Thread: Antisemitism

  1. #1
    Alpha Monger
    Backspin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:11 AM
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    2,542

    Antisemitism

    I used to wonder what all the fuss was about. Every once and awhile at work or through friends , I'd meet a true antisemite. There was one on TD called Hansuman. He was really committed. Like most are.

    Anyway I never really understood it until recently. Jewish people talk a big game about diversity and inclusion, while they run the most exclusive in-club that there is. They hire each other and makes deals with each other and take things over.

    Or not ? Why do some ppl hate Jews ?

    Are you on the antisemite bandwagon or off ? I am off but I'm not throwing tomatoes at it. Antisemites get so riled up that they make it so easy to be skeptical of them. If they just explained the in-group thing , they would convert a lot more ppl. Into jew haters
    Last edited by Backspin; 28-08-2020 at 04:44 AM.

  2. #2
    Thailand Expat
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    4,990
    Quote Originally Posted by Backspin View Post
    Why do some ppl hate Jews ?
    This, I guess
    Quote Originally Posted by Backspin View Post
    They hire each other and makes deals with each other
    Favouritisme

  3. #3
    Alpha Monger
    Backspin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:11 AM
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    2,542
    Quote Originally Posted by helge View Post
    This, I guess

    Favouritisme
    Are you agreeing or busting my balls ?

  4. #4
    Thailand Expat
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    4,990
    Quote Originally Posted by Backspin View Post
    Are you agreeing or busting my balls ?

    I don't know why people hate jews.
    I 'guessed'

    Then I speculated that it could be because of their favouritisme of other jews.

  5. #5
    Chinese spy
    sabang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:10 AM
    Location
    BackinOz
    Posts
    31,918
    It's a pity really, because it is not the same thing, but what feeds much anti-semitism around the world today is the ongoing, illegal and brutal Israeli occupation/ colonisation of Palestine. But many Jewish folk (especially diaspora) dislike that every bit as much as I do.

  6. #6
    Alpha Monger
    Backspin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:11 AM
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    2,542
    Quote Originally Posted by helge View Post

    I don't know why people hate jews.
    I 'guessed'

    Then I speculated that it could be because of their favouritisme of other jews.
    Ah
    Yeah. Favoritism is basically the same thing I was implying.

    They run this massive in-group. But they NEVER talk about it. They pretend that it doesn't exist.

    Last edited by Backspin; 28-08-2020 at 04:37 AM.

  7. #7
    Alpha Monger
    Backspin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:11 AM
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    2,542
    Quote Originally Posted by sabang View Post
    It's a pity really, because it is not the same thing, but what feeds much anti-semitism around the world today is the ongoing, illegal and brutal Israeli occupation/ colonisation of Palestine. But many Jewish folk (especially diaspora) dislike that every bit as much as I do.
    That's part of why I never understood antisemitism. Because I don't give a fuck about the Palestinians

  8. #8
    Thailand Expat harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    69,918
    A fundamental ignorance that applies to idiots like Backspin who create juvenile, shitty threads like this one:

    Semite

    /ˈsiːmʌɪt,ˈsɛmʌɪt/
    noun


    1. a member of any of the peoples who speak or spoke a Semitic language, including in particular the Jews and Arabs.

  9. #9
    Alpha Monger
    Backspin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:11 AM
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    2,542
    Quote Originally Posted by harrybarracuda View Post
    A fundamental ignorance that applies to idiots like Backspin who create juvenile, shitty threads like this one:
    No. Fuck off with your semantics gotcha nonsense. I think Hare said this to cover a contradiction in his politics. He's a US empire apologist but a Corbynite lefty. And like all Corbynites , he has a troubled relationship with ze joo. I don't hate Corbynite bicycle socialists as much as I used to though

    Antisemitism

    Antisemitism is hostility to, prejudice, or discrimination against Jews. A person who holds such positions is called an antisemite.Wikipedia

  10. #10
    En route
    Cujo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:12 PM
    Location
    Reality.
    Posts
    30,860
    Harry's being a pedantic asshole. That's pretty much how it's understood.

  11. #11
    Alpha Monger
    Backspin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:11 AM
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    2,542
    Quote Originally Posted by Cujo View Post
    Harry's being a pedantic asshole. That's pretty much how it's understood.
    Thanks. That's the word I was looking for.

    He's being that way to sidestep the subject. Because he's a Corbynite.

  12. #12
    Hansum Man! panama hat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:10 AM
    Location
    Way, Way South of the border now - thank God!
    Posts
    24,419
    Quote Originally Posted by Backspin View Post
    antisemite
    Quote Originally Posted by Backspin View Post
    Corbynite
    Quote Originally Posted by Backspin View Post
    apologist
    Jaysus . . .you are so full of labels, give it a rest . . . normie, boomer etc etc - tiring, how old are you?



    Quote Originally Posted by Backspin View Post
    But they NEVER talk about it.
    Except that they do but you ignore them. Just listen to many Jewish comedians . . . and those that don't probably don't see it as an issue as religion is a private matter to most.

    But why anti-semitism? I guess Judaism has always been seen as a threat, going back to the Roman Empire and then they were easy scapegoats; small in number and little political power.

    sabang is correct about Israel and people can't seem to be able to differentiate between Judaism and Zionism, as little as they can see the difference between Islam and Muslim extremists.

    Christians, on the other hand, are easily divided into good people and whackjobs - the tiny minority . . . why is that?!


    People need a target, an excuse why they didn't or don't achieve and there are scapegoats; affirmative action, women, men, Jews, Caucasians, minorities etc etc . . .

    To put it a way that you'll understand better: Haters gonna hate

  13. #13
    Alpha Monger
    Backspin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:11 AM
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    2,542
    Quote Originally Posted by panama hat View Post
    Jaysus . . .you are so full of labels, give it a rest . . . normie, boomer etc etc - tiring, how old are you?





    Except that they do but you ignore them. Just listen to many Jewish comedians . . . and those that don't probably don't see it as an issue as religion is a private matter to most.

    But why anti-semitism? I guess Judaism has always been seen as a threat, going back to the Roman Empire and then they were easy scapegoats; small in number and little political power.

    sabang is correct about Israel and people can't seem to be able to differentiate between Judaism and Zionism, as little as they can see the difference between Islam and Muslim extremists.

    Christians, on the other hand, are easily divided into good people and whackjobs - the tiny minority . . . why is that?!


    People need a target, an excuse why they didn't or don't achieve and there are scapegoats; affirmative action, women, men, Jews, Caucasians, minorities etc etc . . .

    To put it a way that you'll understand better: Haters gonna hate
    I should give you some credit for at least making arguments. Unlike Harry.

    1) There's some irony in your answer about comedians. Yes. They make humor out of the point I am trying to make. Jews take over a company like CNN and they pretend that NOTHING happened. Is it right for a minority group to take over what are supposed to be non partisan institutions ? I don't think so. I think the antisemites have a point.

    2nd) fair point

    4th paragraph) Here you are implying that there's nothing particularly unique about antisemitism. I think there is plenty unique about it.

  14. #14
    Hansum Man! panama hat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:10 AM
    Location
    Way, Way South of the border now - thank God!
    Posts
    24,419
    Quote Originally Posted by Backspin View Post
    1) There's some irony in your answer about comedians. Yes. They make humor out of the point I am trying to make. Jews take over a company like CNN and they pretend that NOTHING happened.
    Umm, no. They make fun of Jews. Jews making fun of Jews. 'Jews' don't take over, that's in your head

    Quote Originally Posted by Backspin View Post
    Is it right for a minority group to take over what are supposed to be non partisan institutions ?
    How is this 'minority' taking over and who is this minority? Jews you say . . . people who happen to be Jewish I say.

    Quote Originally Posted by Backspin View Post
    I think the antisemites have a point.
    The point being that they're bigots?

    Quote Originally Posted by Backspin View Post
    Here you are implying that there's nothing particularly unique about antisemitism. I think there is plenty unique about it.
    It's like any other bigotry - hatred for a group because of some self-created ideas of how this group is being unfair . . .

  15. #15
    Thailand Expat AntRobertson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    38,692
    I really don't know why anyone takes socal seriously or gives his dribble any thought to be honest.

    He's like a little boy LARPing / play-acting at what he thinks a 'cutting and edgy' grown man would be like... And failing.


  16. #16
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Last Online
    07-10-2020 @ 02:02 PM
    Posts
    1,640
    Why ? Jealousy.
    A Jew will usually be the smartest person in the room.
    Great at physics and comedy but crap at sports. A generalization, but my type of people.

    In the west they were some of the earliest bankers. Everybody hates bankers when they can't pay back the loan.

    A friend is anti-semitic (he's a friend because he's otherwise a great guy). He dislikes Jews because of the stories his parents told him about the 1930s in the Ukraine with rich rural Jews not sharing food when peasants were eating eachother to survive.
    Another friend isn't too keen either but that's because of Israel's treatment of Palestinians. He can't differentiate between Jews and Zionists it seems.

    One of my oldest friends is a Jew. Great woman. Smart and caring. Not a Zionist.

  17. #17
    Alpha Monger
    Backspin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:11 AM
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    2,542
    Quote Originally Posted by docmartin View Post
    Why ? Jealousy.
    A Jew will usually be the smartest person in the room.
    Great at physics and comedy but crap at sports. A generalization, but my type of people.

    In the west they were some of the earliest bankers. Everybody hates bankers when they can't pay back the loan.

    A friend is anti-semitic (he's a friend because he's otherwise a great guy). He dislikes Jews because of the stories his parents told him about the 1930s in the Ukraine with rich rural Jews not sharing food when peasants were eating eachother to survive.
    Another friend isn't too keen either but that's because of Israel's treatment of Palestinians. He can't differentiate between Jews and Zionists it seems.

    One of my oldest friends is a Jew. Great woman. Smart and caring. Not a Zionist.
    Jealousy plays a part I agree

    I heard Jews joke that racism is about hating inferior races. & antisemitism is about hating superior races.

    Just watch. TD isn't a very big forum but it's big enough that a true jew hater will find this thread. He will post nice fancy bullet points, videos and links , to enlighten us about the Jews.

    I mostly still laugh it all off. But I do see some truth to the madness here and there.

    Like what is going on with this ? Should a minority take over institutions like this ? Jews are schemers. And the scheme is on us.

  18. #18
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Last Online
    07-10-2020 @ 02:02 PM
    Posts
    1,640
    Also, an American woman once told me that Jewish men have a studly reputation. More jealousy.
    Apparently Kamala Harris is from an Indian Jewish family. More loathing from the trumptards.

  19. #19
    Hansum Man! panama hat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:10 AM
    Location
    Way, Way South of the border now - thank God!
    Posts
    24,419
    Quote Originally Posted by Backspin View Post
    I heard
    There's our first problem . . . you sound like Trump at times. I heard . . . I've been told . . . etc . . . yawn

    And why post the pic again? Please don't be so disingenuous as to push an agenda on this, it's tiring.

  20. #20
    Alpha Monger
    Backspin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:11 AM
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    2,542
    Quote Originally Posted by AntRobertson View Post
    I really don't know why anyone takes socal seriously or gives his dribble any thought to be honest.

    He's like a little boy LARPing / play-acting at what he thinks a 'cutting and edgy' grown man would be like... And failing.

    How is a basic question about Jews cutting edge ? You limey chav

  21. #21
    Philippine Expat Davis Knowlton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    17,890
    Never understood it. Except for Woody Allen of course.

  22. #22
    Alpha Monger
    Backspin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:11 AM
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    2,542
    Quote Originally Posted by panama hat View Post
    There's our first problem . . . you sound like Trump at times. I heard . . . I've been told . . . etc . . . yawn

    And why post the pic again? Please don't be so disingenuous as to push an agenda on this, it's tiring.
    I'm not pushing a frickin agenda. Wtf. And yes. I heard a jew , Gaad Sad , say that on his podcast. I didn't just make it up or something

    Don't blame me for the picture. It's just a fact. If they were all Russian or Serbian , youd be pissing your pants. Because you are Slavophobic.

  23. #23
    En route
    Cujo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:12 PM
    Location
    Reality.
    Posts
    30,860
    Quote Originally Posted by docmartin View Post
    Also, an American woman once told me that Jewish men have a studly reputation. More jealousy.
    Apparently Kamala Harris is from an Indian Jewish family. More loathing from the trumptards.
    Her father was jamaican and her mother Indian. Which one was Jewish?

  24. #24
    Thailand Expat
    kmart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:17 AM
    Location
    Rayong.
    Posts
    11,512
    Quote Originally Posted by docmartin View Post

    In the west they were some of the earliest bankers. Everybody hates bankers when they can't pay back the loan.

    .
    Yep, the early Christian ban on "usury", or charging of interest on loans allowed Jewish financiers and families to step in and become super rich, powerful and influential.

  25. #25
    Thailand Expat AntRobertson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    38,692
    Quote Originally Posted by Backspin View Post
    How is a basic question about Jews cutting edge ? You limey chav
    Congrats on managing to utterly miss the point and be completely wrong in just one short paragraph!

    Skillz.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •