Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 59
  1. #26
    Member
    Shutree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:27 AM
    Location
    One heartbeat away from eternity
    Posts
    648
    Quote Originally Posted by lom View Post
    Yes but once filled up they can't do much else than release the same amount that arrives in the next monsoon rain.
    The water gets used by the local population, for drinking water, agriculture and industry. Unfortunately quite a lot less is released than arrives.
    It is a bit of a different story this year in China as all the dams fill up they have no choice but to release whatever arrives. I read somewhere (CNN) that over 400 rivers are flooded through central and eastern China, with 39 of those rivers at record levels. That is a lot of water.

    However, the Mekhong is a different story. A friend sent a picture from Nakhon Phanom of the Khong, shallow and crystal clear. The upstream dams have stolen not only the water but also the silt and fine nutrients that are key to the health of the river. It is increasingly a problem.

  2. #27
    Thailand Expat
    Klondyke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:07 PM
    Posts
    7,599
    In our outrage against the distant foes (as e.g. China) it has to be admitted our very close host country has also grandiose plans by using the water of their neighbours:
    Filling the water needed for their dry hydro power plants at the Eastern side (from Mekong) and into the Northwestern side (from Salween).

  3. #28
    Hansum Man! panama hat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:41 AM
    Location
    Way, Way South of the border now - thank God!
    Posts
    23,945
    Quote Originally Posted by Shutree View Post
    The upstream dams have stolen not only the water but also the silt and fine nutrients that are key to the health of the river. It is increasingly a problem.
    Good point . . . and then . . . the whatbaoutism bullshit arrives again:

    Quote Originally Posted by Klondyke View Post
    In our outrage against the distant foes (as e.g. China) it has to be admitted our very close host country has also grandiose plans by using the water of their neighbours:
    This is the third news thread you've decided to obfuscate . . . can't you stay on topic?

  4. #29
    Alpha Monger
    Backspin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:47 AM
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    1,968
    Quote Originally Posted by panama hat View Post
    Good point . . . and then . . . the whatbaoutism bullshit arrives again:


    This is the third news thread you've decided to obfuscate . . . can't you stay on topic?
    It's your side of the argument that carries through these threads you silly old duffer you.

  5. #30
    Alpha Monger
    Backspin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:47 AM
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    1,968
    Quote Originally Posted by Latindancer View Post
    An appropriate acronym.

    GERD is also Gastro Esophageal Reflux Disease and as the Chinese are involved, the effects of both will be similar : a big pain in the gut.
    So capital investment in power generating infrastructure - pivotal for any country to reduce poverty -is going to be a pain in the gut eh ?

    If the Seppos were building it , you'd have a raging hard on

  6. #31
    Hansum Man! panama hat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:41 AM
    Location
    Way, Way South of the border now - thank God!
    Posts
    23,945
    Quote Originally Posted by Backspin View Post
    It's your side of the argument that carries through these threads you silly old duffer you.
    Try to make sense, socal

  7. #32
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    804
    And now
    Typhoon Hagupit

    Then this.

    LOL, God has got the shits with China.

  8. #33
    Alpha Monger
    Backspin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:47 AM
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    1,968
    Quote Originally Posted by deeks View Post
    And now
    Typhoon Hagupit

    Then this.

    LOL, God has got the shits with China.
    Oh yes. It just might happen. The dam is gonna collapse. Then collapse Chinese economy. Then the CCP will collapse. And all the whee Chinese will shead their skin so that the little American can get out.

    And then purple fingers and F-16's for everyone

  9. #34
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    804
    Quote Originally Posted by Backspin View Post
    Oh yes. It just might happen. The dam is gonna collapse. Then collapse Chinese economy. Then the CCP will collapse. And all the whee Chinese will shead their skin so that the little American can get out.

    And then purple fingers and F-16's for everyone
    If the CCP collapses im sure the chinese people can sort it out without any help from the west.

  10. #35
    Thailand Expat harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    69,276
    Quote Originally Posted by deeks View Post
    If the CCP collapses im sure the chinese people can sort it out without any help from the west.
    And Hoohoo will be along to blame it on America, using chinky propaganda sites. About five minutes later, klondyke will produce an RT link saying the same thing.

  11. #36
    Alpha Monger
    Backspin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:47 AM
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    1,968
    Quote Originally Posted by harrybarracuda View Post
    And Hoohoo will be along to blame it on America, using chinky propaganda sites. About five minutes later, klondyke will produce an RT link saying the same thing.
    Are you going to "sources bro" everything ?

  12. #37
    Hansum Man! panama hat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:41 AM
    Location
    Way, Way South of the border now - thank God!
    Posts
    23,945
    Quote Originally Posted by harrybarracuda View Post
    And Hoohoo will be along to blame it on America, using chinky propaganda sites. About five minutes later, klondyke will produce an RT link saying the same thing.
    One can already imagine heir responses . . . cringe

  13. #38
    Member
    Shutree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:27 AM
    Location
    One heartbeat away from eternity
    Posts
    648
    Quote Originally Posted by deeks View Post
    LOL, God has got the shits with China.
    Weichengji, who posted that video, seems to be a Taiwan-based group who post about the 'real China'.
    Weichengji literally means 'siege' and it is the title of a well-known Chinese novel. (Which I have never read.)

    Maybe it is not too far off topic to balance the theme of China's imminent collapse with a video from Liziqi, a Youtuber who posts very well produced if somewhat idealised cooking videos. Not much English in her stuff, it doesn't matter, it is very visual. I could watch her all day.




  14. #39
    Thailand Expat
    Klondyke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:07 PM
    Posts
    7,599
    Quote Originally Posted by harrybarracuda View Post
    be along to blame it....produce an RT link...
    There are some seeing "red" once they are daily bombarded by any possible "blaming"... and the subsequent sanctioning - their brain cannot take it any longer...

    Quote Originally Posted by panama hat View Post
    One can already imagine heir responses . . . cringe
    My poor Tinglish cannot get any sense of it... Perhaps later when learning here from the geniuses...

  15. #40
    Hansum Man! panama hat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:41 AM
    Location
    Way, Way South of the border now - thank God!
    Posts
    23,945
    Quote Originally Posted by Klondyke View Post
    My poor Tinglish cannot get any sense of it... Perhaps later when learning here from the geniuses...
    Perhaps, but not likely. Not you. OhOh perhaps as the slightly more clever one of your dribbling duo . . . but still unlikely

  16. #41
    Thailand Expat harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    69,276
    Quote Originally Posted by Backspin View Post
    Are you going to "sources bro" everything ?

    Please speak English, you illiterate slubberdegullion.

  17. #42
    Thailand Expat
    OhOh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:30 AM
    Location
    Where troubles melt like lemon drops
    Posts
    20,492
    Quote Originally Posted by panama hat View Post
    OhOh perhaps as the slightly more clever one
    "Wait till Biggus Dickus hears of this"

    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 3 Georges Dam collaps Simulation-knife-wound-jpg  
    Last edited by OhOh; 06-08-2020 at 09:35 PM.

  18. #43
    Thailand Expat harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    69,276
    It's interesting to see that HooHoo wanted to post an image of a woman stabbing herself. Is that at having to listen to his drivel I wonder?

  19. #44
    Hansum Man! panama hat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:41 AM
    Location
    Way, Way South of the border now - thank God!
    Posts
    23,945
    Quote Originally Posted by harrybarracuda View Post
    It's interesting to see that HooHoo wanted to post an image of a woman stabbing herself. Is that at having to listen to his drivel I wonder?
    She represents all of us . . . except Klondyke


  20. #45
    Thailand Expat
    OhOh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:30 AM
    Location
    Where troubles melt like lemon drops
    Posts
    20,492
    Quote Originally Posted by harrybarracuda View Post
    a woman stabbing herself.
    Through the heart was more important to me. But i reconsidered.

    It appears that once inserted it is difficult, if not impossible to withdraw, an image that is.

  21. #46
    Thailand Expat
    Klondyke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:07 PM
    Posts
    7,599
    ^There is a trick how to remove the thumbnail when playing with the menu, it's not very clear once you do not immediately know...

  22. #47
    Hansum Man! panama hat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:41 AM
    Location
    Way, Way South of the border now - thank God!
    Posts
    23,945
    Quote Originally Posted by harrybarracuda View Post
    It's interesting to see that HooHoo wanted to post an image of a woman stabbing herself. Is that at having to listen to his drivel I wonder?
    Followed by pure poetry


    Quote Originally Posted by OhOh View Post
    Through the heart was more important to me. But i reconsidered.

    It appears that once inserted it is difficult, if not impossible to withdraw, an image that is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Klondyke View Post
    ^There is a trick how to remove the thumbnail when playing with the menu, it's not very clear once you do not immediately know...

  23. #48
    Thailand Expat
    OhOh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:30 AM
    Location
    Where troubles melt like lemon drops
    Posts
    20,492
    Quote Originally Posted by panama hat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by OhOh View Post
    Through the heart was more important to me. But i reconsidered.

    It appears that once inserted it is difficult, if not impossible to withdraw, an image that is.
    It is apparently more poetic in Traditional Chinese:

    內心對我來說更重要。但是我重新考慮了。 看起來,一旦插入就很難,甚至不是不可能撤回圖像。

    However there maybe some, better schooled in Chinese language/grammar skills, who may disagree most politely.
    Last edited by OhOh; 08-08-2020 at 03:19 PM. Reason: PM received, thank you.
    A tray full of GOLD is not worth a moment in time.

  24. #49
    Thailand Expat harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    69,276
    It's still irrelevant shit.

  25. #50
    Thailand Expat
    OhOh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:30 AM
    Location
    Where troubles melt like lemon drops
    Posts
    20,492
    Quote Originally Posted by thailazer View Post
    Have seen some reports that they are seeing distortion in the dam automated measurement system. Government denies it but that sucker is full up!
    To which

    Quote Originally Posted by OhOh View Post
    The Three Gorges Dam in Yichang
    replies:

    "As of today, some weeks later."



    Quote Originally Posted by panama hat View Post
    That's how you address potential starvation?
    In China there doesn't appear to be any real extraordinary "starvation" yet.

    Not like other unexceptional regimes where millions are actually today, experiencing food deficits.

    Almost 30 Million in U.S. Didn’t Have Enough to Eat Last Week

    Bloomberg - Are you a robot?

    Tyson Foods Warns "Food Supply Chain Is Breaking"

    Tyson Foods Warns "Food Supply Chain Is Breaking" | Zero Hedge

    [QUOTE=harrybarracuda;4144093]It's still irrelevant shit. [/QUOT]
    Polite replies are always relevant.
    Last edited by OhOh; 08-08-2020 at 05:03 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •