Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 174
  1. #101
    Its all gleaming
    NamPikToot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    11,583
    Just changing the record for you ladies.

  2. #102
    Thailand Expat
    bsnub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    21,003
    Quote Originally Posted by AntRobertson View Post
    Err, wrong thread Drunky
    He is a real shitbag.

  3. #103
    The Dentist English Noodles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Gaslightingshire
    Posts
    17,816
    Quote Originally Posted by bsnub View Post
    He is a real shitbag.
    Translation: He has different opinions to mine.

  4. #104
    Thailand Expat
    bsnub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    21,003
    Quote Originally Posted by English Noodles View Post
    Translation: He has different opinions to mine.
    Do yourself a favor before you embarrass yourself again. Read back in this thread you robot.

  5. #105
    Thailand Expat TheRealKW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    3,084
    Drunky Mc.Drunk face to you!

  6. #106
    Its all gleaming
    NamPikToot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    11,583
    Quote Originally Posted by bsnub View Post
    He is a real shitbag.
    A bloke who pitches up daily gets gradually more pissed and with that abusive to other posters who has done nothing but insult posters here today much like everyday calls another poster a shitbag.

  7. #107
    The Dentist English Noodles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Gaslightingshire
    Posts
    17,816
    Quote Originally Posted by bsnub View Post
    Read back in this thread you robot.
    What is it that you wish me to see?

  8. #108
    Thailand Expat
    sabang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:01 AM
    Location
    BackinOz
    Posts
    31,737
    So not one comment at all relevant to the OP or addressing my very simple, basic quotes about Freedom of expression, and Censorship. Socratic Method- lets not even go there. Oh, but it's because I must be all bitter n twisted about Thailand then. Obviously. Nothing to do with the fact you lemmings have no intelligent response, at all. You really are being Owned, aren't you- is this the sum total of your collective wisdom? Don't you even have a single literate Dear Leader who can perhaps write something coherent in response?

    Or shall I just have done with it, and call you Owned Slaves?




    I'll not even bother responding to all of the Off topic posts (Mods?) beyond saying you are utterly totally wrong. But lets at least follow your collective attempt at rational argument. So, because I am allegedly a 'bitter n twisted about Thailand' 'ex Mod' who 'left Thailand in a hurry', 'prime Trump material', 'on-line MBA' possessing person who's position you disagree with in regards to Free speech and Censorship, therefore Noam Chomsky is only qualified to comment about Linguistics, and the famous saying attributed to Voltaire about dissenting opinions is not applicable in society today? How pathetic, even by TD standards. And yet you are all so butt hurt about being laughed at.

    Guess that's enough Whackamole for tonights entertainment.

  9. #109
    Thailand Expat
    sabang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:01 AM
    Location
    BackinOz
    Posts
    31,737
    “What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist.”
    Salman Rushdie





  10. #110
    Thailand Expat TheRealKW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    3,084
    Quote Originally Posted by sabang View Post


    I'll not even bother responding to all of the Off topic posts (Mods?)
    Quote Originally Posted by sabang View Post
    Or shall I just have done with it, and call you Owned Slaves?
    so many logical fallacies, dont know where to starte!
    Quote Originally Posted by sabang View Post
    So not one comment at all relevant to the OP or addressing my very simple, basic

  11. #111
    Thailand Expat
    bsnub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    21,003
    Quote Originally Posted by NamPikToot View Post
    A bloke who pitches up daily gets gradually more pissed
    So when are we having a pint then?

    Are you buying?


  12. #112
    Its all gleaming
    NamPikToot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    11,583
    A glass of whine later once the children have gone to bed.

  13. #113
    Thailand Expat AntRobertson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    37,755
    Quote Originally Posted by sabang View Post
    So not one comment at all relevant to the OP or addressing my very simple, basic quotes about Freedom of expression, and Censorship. Socratic Method- lets not even go there. Oh, but it's because I must be all bitter n twisted about Thailand then. Obviously. Nothing to do with the fact you lemmings have no intelligent response, at all. You really are being Owned, aren't you- is this the sum total of your collective wisdom? Don't you even have a single literate Dear Leader who can perhaps write something coherent in response?

    Or shall I just have done with it, and call you Owned Slaves?




    I'll not even bother responding to all of the Off topic posts (Mods?) beyond saying you are utterly totally wrong. But lets at least follow your collective attempt at rational argument. So, because I am allegedly a 'bitter n twisted about Thailand' 'ex Mod' who 'left Thailand in a hurry', 'prime Trump material', 'on-line MBA' possessing person who's position you disagree with in regards to Free speech and Censorship, therefore Noam Chomsky is only qualified to comment about Linguistics, and the famous saying attributed to Voltaire about dissenting opinions is not applicable in society today? How pathetic, even by TD standards. And yet you are all so butt hurt about being laughed at.

    Guess that's enough Whackamole for tonights entertainment.
    ...and this is why you shouldn’t post when drunk.

    If you could actually articulate a position instead of straw men and ad hominem (calling for mod intervention is a particularly egregious bit of snowflake hypocrisy) that would make a refreshing change.

  14. #114
    Thailand Expat AntRobertson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    37,755
    Quote Originally Posted by NamPikToot View Post
    Just changing the record for you ladies.
    Yeah nah.

    Wrong thread Drunky.

  15. #115
    Thailand Expat
    bsnub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    21,003
    Quote Originally Posted by NamPikToot View Post
    A glass of whine later once the children have gone to bed.

    Fook me I love TD.

  16. #116
    Its all gleaming
    NamPikToot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    11,583
    Quote Originally Posted by AntRobertson View Post
    Yeah nah. Wrong thread Drunky.
    Yeah nah

    Drunky

    Bish

    Lulz


    fook me the way you post its like teenager.

  17. #117
    Thailand Expat
    sabang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:01 AM
    Location
    BackinOz
    Posts
    31,737
    and this is why you shouldn’t post when drunk.
    Real on topic. Actually, I'm not. I was yesterday though, also a little Herbie Hancock. Wrong again.


    How exactly are two (well three now) well known quotes about Freedom of Expression, and by extension Censorship, a 'strawman argument'?

  18. #118
    Thailand Expat
    bsnub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    21,003
    Quote Originally Posted by NamPikToot View Post
    Yeah nah

    Drunky

    Bish

    Lulz


    fook me the way you post its like teenager.

  19. #119
    Thailand Expat AntRobertson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    37,755
    Quote Originally Posted by sabang
    How exactly are two (well three now) well known quotes about Freedom of Expression, and by extension Censorship, a 'strawman argument'?
    Well that’s a straw man too because I clearly wasn’t referring to quotes.

    Any more silly and hypocritical logical fallacies or are you all out?

    Quote Originally Posted by NamPikToot
    Yeah nah

    Drunky

    Bish

    Lulz


    fook me the way you post its like teenager.
    Yeah OK Drunky.

    Find the correct thread and / or sleep it off.

  20. #120
    Pedantic bastard
    nidhogg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    15,688
    Quote Originally Posted by sabang View Post
    So not one comment at all relevant to the OP or addressing my very simple, basic quotes about Freedom of expression, and Censorship. Socratic Method- lets not even go there. Oh, but it's because I must be all bitter n twisted about Thailand then. Obviously. Nothing to do with the fact you lemmings have no intelligent response, at all. You really are being Owned, aren't you- is this the sum total of your collective wisdom? Don't you even have a single literate Dear Leader who can perhaps write something coherent in response?

    Or shall I just have done with it, and call you Owned Slaves?




    I'll not even bother responding to all of the Off topic posts (Mods?) beyond saying you are utterly totally wrong. But lets at least follow your collective attempt at rational argument. So, because I am allegedly a 'bitter n twisted about Thailand' 'ex Mod' who 'left Thailand in a hurry', 'prime Trump material', 'on-line MBA' possessing person who's position you disagree with in regards to Free speech and Censorship, therefore Noam Chomsky is only qualified to comment about Linguistics, and the famous saying attributed to Voltaire about dissenting opinions is not applicable in society today? How pathetic, even by TD standards. And yet you are all so butt hurt about being laughed at.

    Guess that's enough Whackamole for tonights entertainment.
    You seem a bit bent out of shape here, and I am not sure why. So, my understanding is that a bunch of notable people signed a letter, basically saying that unpopular opinions should not be stifled, and that people should not be silenced because of those opinions. As you remark, harking back to Voltaire, so a pretty old discussion. But where it all seems to go a bit agly is when people realized that one of those signatories was JK Rowling, who has some very controversial opinions on transgenderism. So when finding out, as far as I can see at least two people wanted their names taken off, because of the presence of Rowlings. The pretty much EXACT opposite of the letters intent. They seem to be saying "we must preserve the right to have unpopular opinions, providing that I infact agree with those unpopular opinions, which by any take is pure bullshit.

    Now, I would be interesting in your opinion if you think I have misunderstood what is going on, seriously.

  21. #121
    Its all gleaming
    NamPikToot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    11,583
    ^ if Dave changes to Dianne he'll always be Dave to me even if he claims to have periods.

  22. #122
    Thailand Expat
    sabang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:01 AM
    Location
    BackinOz
    Posts
    31,737
    Well that’s a straw man too because I clearly wasn’t referring to quotes.
    Well kindly be specific then. What are you referring to?

    My position can be stated quite simply. I believe people have the fundamental Right to express their opinion in a free society, and not be censored or censured for doing so. Hence the Chomsky quote.
    Where would I draw the line? Hate speech- by which I mean admonitions of violence, expulsion, exclusion, discrimination etc against those you disagree with. Hence the Voltaire quote.

    A further posit from this position may be more controversial to some. I actually believe you have a de facto obligation to rationally debate in favour of your viewpoint, without fear of recrimination or discrimination. If capable (sorry TD).
    I further believe that the acceptance of these stated positions is a large part of the reason for the success of our Democratic societies to date. Pluralism, diversity, tolerance etc breeds Strength- not Mob rule. A free market of Thought, Opinion and Ideas. Not believing so seems to me pre-Rennaisance, and totally undemocratic.

    To sum up, I am not the sensitive type. You are both entitled and welcome to disagree with my opinion on any given topic- and vigorously debate your point of view. I would have thought that was obvious from my Issue's Mod stint.
    But if you would deny me or others the same Right, yet accept the many benefits of living in this diverse, tolerant sociopolitical system of ours, then I call you out as a Hypocrite. No, I do not like the current trend of censoriousness and 'Groupthink'. I consider it quite worrying and damaging actually. The OP is both timely and relevant- cheers looper.

  23. #123
    Thailand Expat raycarey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    14,334
    Quote Originally Posted by NamPikToot View Post
    ^ if Dave changes to Dianne he'll always be Dave to me even if he claims to have periods.
    how witty!
    how clever!


  24. #124
    Its all gleaming
    NamPikToot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    11,583
    ^^ it is amazing that those who consider themselves liberal or left of center are the ones who immediately lambaste anyone who does not share their views on a whole range of issues as right wing. I may not agree with various opinions left, right or otherwise but i respect peoples right to have them in a free society and that freedom seems to be under threat these days. Furthermore there seems to be no humour attached to disagreeing with someone, here the default is immediate attack of a personal nature.

  25. #125
    Thailand Expat
    sabang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:01 AM
    Location
    BackinOz
    Posts
    31,737
    "We are all Hypocrites"

    Noam Chomsky


    But it is an inclination we should fight.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •