Page 123 of 165 FirstFirst ... 2373113115116117118119120121122123124125126127128129130131133 ... LastLast
Results 3,051 to 3,075 of 4108
  1. #3051
    Thailand Expat David48atTD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Palace Far from Worries
    Posts
    11,088
    Russia, China and Iran seeking to influence US ahead of elections, top intelligence official says

    Russia is backing Donald Trump, China is supporting Joe Biden and Iran is seeking to sow chaos in the US presidential election, a top intelligence official has warned in a sobering assessment of foreign meddling.

    The statement on Friday by William Evanina, director of the National Counterintelligence and Security Center, raises fears of a repeat of the 2016 election, when Russia manipulated social media to help Trump and hurt his opponent Hillary Clinton.

    “Russia is using a range of measures to primarily denigrate former Vice President Biden and what it sees as an anti-Russia ‘establishment’,” Evanina said.
    “This is consistent with Moscow’s public criticism of him when he was Vice President for his role in the Obama Administration’s policies on Ukraine and its support for the anti-Putin opposition inside Russia.”

    Russia, China and Iran seeking to influence US ahead of elections, top intelligence official says | US news | The Guardian
    “Someone is sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago”

  2. #3052
    Thailand Expat
    Klondyke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:40 PM
    Posts
    7,537
    How the MSM and the ones who control them are looking down on own population?

    Telling to own population that they are so stupid to be influenced by the states they hate?

    That the population do not have their own brain who to vote for?

    And beside that, how denigrating for the state with the best Intelligence Service spread around the world that they let some 3rd world spies into their well controlled country?

    And actually, how the influencing of the voters is provided? (knock knock on the door, please vote for Trump, or please read RT, China Today and Iran News...)

  3. #3053
    Member
    Shutree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:16 PM
    Location
    One heartbeat away from eternity
    Posts
    564
    Quote Originally Posted by Klondyke View Post
    That the population do not have their own brain who to vote for?

    And actually, how the influencing of the voters is provided? (knock knock on the door, please vote for Trump, or please read RT, China Today and Iran News...)
    First thing you need to acknowledge is that half the population is below average intelligence. Many of those people are easily influenced by others. They think that they know what they think, but they didn't think it for themselves, they accept the opinions of others without any critical thinking. Which is not surprising, the world is a complex place. Who can really balance the demands of defence, eductaion and taxation when we don't have much of the data, only what we are fed by the government and the media?

    So the influence is not a Russian knocking on your door in a literal sense. Rather it is a phalanx of plausible identities on social media, a black woman called Norma in Atlanta who is actually Sergey behind a computer in Moscow or Meiling in Beijing, telling tales that are credible, undermining one side or the other. Opinions with which people can easily agree.

    Of course, Fox News can twist the truth too. But that is domestic twisting and goes without censure. It is what it is - as someone recently said.

  4. #3054
    Thailand Expat
    Klondyke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:40 PM
    Posts
    7,537
    Quote Originally Posted by Shutree View Post
    First thing you need to acknowledge is that half the population is below average intelligence. Many of those people are easily influenced by others..
    Then, the biggest influencer is the MSM and the big social media giving the daily massage to the population. That's why the election preparation takes so long and the half of the population does not know how it really works.

    And the secondary purpose of it is the WMD - Weapons of Mass Distraction - the population is daily entertained, no other things are to be observed and be concerned of...

    Wherever in the world is done so?

  5. #3055
    Thailand Expat
    Klondyke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:40 PM
    Posts
    7,537
    Quote Originally Posted by Shutree View Post
    So the influence is not a Russian knocking on your door in a literal sense. Rather it is a phalanx of plausible identities on social media, a black woman called Norma in Atlanta who is actually Sergey behind a computer in Moscow or Meiling in Beijing, telling tales that are credible, undermining one side or the other. Opinions with which people can easily agree.
    Please enlighten me, I am not much familiar with social media (except TD, is it one?)

    So, somebody open his FB page and get a credible message: "I am somebody from Atlanta (white or black), mind my Russian (Chinese, Iran) accent, please do not vote for Biden, he is so and so, doing things that you still haven't heard from FOX, so vote for Orange Cunto, he is so and so, doings things that you will never hear from CNN, can we relay on you? will appreciate"...

    (anybody ever experienced something like this? And if, he just followed?)

  6. #3056
    Hansum Man! panama hat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:57 PM
    Location
    Way, Way South of the border now - thank God!
    Posts
    23,693
    Quote Originally Posted by Klondyke View Post
    So, somebody open his FB page and get a credible message: "I am somebody from Atlanta (white or black), mind my Russian (Chinese, Iran) accent,
    Yes, because writing has an accent

  7. #3057
    Alpha Monger
    Backspin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:13 AM
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    1,692
    I'd rather have a demented Boomer retard US president that didn't pump the stock market like a 14 year old.

    Unfortunately Joe Bidens support is a mile wide and an inch deep. He will lose to king fuckhead Donald trump.

  8. #3058
    Thailand Expat harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    68,958
    Quote Originally Posted by Backspin View Post
    I'd rather have a demented Boomer retard US president that didn't pump the stock market like a 14 year old.

    Unfortunately Joe Bidens support is a mile wide and an inch deep. He will lose to king fuckhead Donald trump.
    Of course you would, you're as thick as shit.

  9. #3059
    Days Work Done! Norton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:12 PM
    Location
    Roiet
    Posts
    31,122
    Quote Originally Posted by Klondyke View Post
    Please enlighten me, I am not much familiar with social media (except TD, is it one?)
    Media of any sort influences votes and has forever. For those who have never watched this 1941 masterpiece, suggest you do.


  10. #3060
    Thailand Expat
    Agent_Smith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    17-09-2020 @ 12:18 AM
    Location
    Locked down tight
    Posts
    5,090
    Quote Originally Posted by Klondyke View Post
    Please enlighten me, I am not much familiar with social media (except TD, is it one?)
    The purpose of the disinformation campaigns are to deepen the divisions and thicken the walls that divide American opinions on various social topics.

    Keep hammering away at all the bogeymen that haunt both sides of the debate: Antifa, Abortion, Antimaskers, Hydrochloroquine, Deep State, LGBTQ, etc etc.

    It keeps people focused on these hotbutton, sideshow issues so they cannot come together on anything else. Keep them divided and distracted, make facts irrelevant, and the system degrades into noisy impotence.

    Ultimately, the bad actors want a weaker US so they have firmer control in their own respective regions.

  11. #3061
    Thailand Expat harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    68,958
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent_Smith View Post
    Ultimately, the bad actors want a weaker US so they have firmer control in their own respective regions.
    And beyond.

  12. #3062
    Thailand Expat
    Klondyke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:40 PM
    Posts
    7,537
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent_Smith View Post
    The purpose of the disinformation campaigns are to deepen the divisions and thicken the walls that divide American opinions on various social topics.

    Ultimately, the bad actors want a weaker US so they have firmer control in their own respective regions.
    Pity of the population that they have it much difficult than in other countries, being used to daily massaging and so acceptive of bad influence, being distracted from other more important matters...

  13. #3063
    Alpha Monger
    Backspin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:13 AM
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    1,692
    Quote Originally Posted by harrybarracuda View Post
    Of course you would, you're as thick as shit.
    Aren't we in agreement on Biden ?

  14. #3064
    The Fool on the Hill bowie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    นนทบุรี
    Posts
    5,734
    hmm...

    2020 US Presidential Race-unnamed-png


    How do you like that - Pelosi's a youngun...

  15. #3065
    Thailand Expat AntRobertson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    38,277
    Oh yay... Another dumb, superficial, misleading, and ultimately pointless meme that completely misses / avoids the real points.

    Meanwhile: Former Trump Supporters Share Why They Won'''t Vote For Him In 2020

    "2016: 'Haha how bad could he be?'
    2020: 'Real fucking bad.'"


  16. #3066
    Hangin' Around cyrille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    20,755
    So now Trump is talking about accepting the nomination with a speech at Gettysburg.

    "We have narrowed the Presidential Nomination Acceptance Speech, to be delivered on the final night of the Convention (Thursday), to two locations - The Great Battlefield of Gettysburg, Pennsylvania, and the White House, Washington, D.C.” Trump wrote on Twitter

  17. #3067
    Thailand Expat AntRobertson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    38,277
    He has also been banging on that the "1917 pandemic" ended the Second World War.

    He is a remarkably stupid man and it's amazing that his campaign is trying to make an issue of Biden's mental faculties.

  18. #3068
    En route
    Cujo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:04 AM
    Location
    Reality.
    Posts
    30,542
    Quote Originally Posted by bowie View Post
    hmm...

    2020 US Presidential Race-unnamed-png


    How do you like that - Pelosi's a youngun...
    For fucks sake, none of them was president. They didn't have executive orders at their disposal.

  19. #3069
    En route
    Cujo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:04 AM
    Location
    Reality.
    Posts
    30,542
    And while we're at it, what problems exactly are you talking about?

  20. #3070
    Days Work Done! Norton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:12 PM
    Location
    Roiet
    Posts
    31,122
    Quote Originally Posted by AntRobertson View Post
    He is a remarkably stupid man and it's amazing that his campaign is trying to make an issue of Biden's mental faculties.
    Frankly not impressed by either guy.
    The best America can do so it's another vote for the lesser of two evils.

  21. #3071
    Thailand Expat
    Klondyke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:40 PM
    Posts
    7,537
    Quote Originally Posted by Cujo View Post
    For fucks sake, none of them was president. They didn't have executive orders at their disposal.
    What a system (is it a democracy?) that allows to president to do whatever he wants, not listening to the will of people via their experienced (and long-serving) fathers and mothers...

  22. #3072
    Hansum Man! panama hat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:57 PM
    Location
    Way, Way South of the border now - thank God!
    Posts
    23,693
    Quote Originally Posted by Klondyke View Post
    What a system (is it a democracy?) that allows to president to do whatever he wants, not listening to the will of people via their experienced (and long-serving) fathers and mothers...
    In Russia it's called 'democracy'/kleptocracy and in China it's called Communism.

  23. #3073
    Member
    Buckaroo Banzai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:53 PM
    Location
    My couch
    Posts
    826
    The genius in the White House claims the 1917 Spanish flu pandemic :
    "Probably Ended the Second World War, all the soldiers were sick. "
    Trump Schooled Online After Claiming '1917' Flu Pandemic 'Probably Ended' WWII | HuffPost

    I don't know which is more comic tragic, trump or the people who support him.
    The sooner you fall behind, the more time you have to catch up.

  24. #3074
    Thailand Expat raycarey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    14,422
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckaroo Banzai View Post
    I don't know which is more comic tragic, trump or the people who support him.
    there's a great op-ed in today's washington post by george conway on just that topic.


    btw, biden's VP announcement could come in the next 24 hours or so.....and i wouldn't be too shocked if he also announces cabinet posts soon after.

  25. #3075
    In Uranus
    bsnub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    21,328
    Quote Originally Posted by raycarey View Post
    there's a great op-ed in today's washington post by george conway on just that topic.
    It was posted in the drumpf thread.

Page 123 of 165 FirstFirst ... 2373113115116117118119120121122123124125126127128129130131133 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (1 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •