Page 1 of 11 123456789 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 273
  1. #1
    Hit me wif da Ching Ching
    Looper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:53 PM
    Posts
    12,445

    The Jordan Peterson Thread

    Why does this blokey not have a TeakDoor thread?

    I think there may have been a lounge lobster thread that died quickly.

    He is quite the internet celeb and has an engaging speaking manner. He shot to fame by refusing to accept being compelled by law to use gender pronouns of choice of transgenders.

    I only got halfway through his book. I liked the opening chapter on crustacean evolutionary psychology but the rest of it is a kind of a self help affair. Although the chapters on raising kids are good also.

    He has a religious spin on some of his rhetoric but manages to carry this in a convincing manner.

    The way he goes after the feminist 'equality of outcome' loonies is rabid and without parallel so for that reason alone he deserves a TD thread!

    He famously ripped Cathy Newman a new one a couple of months back.

    Now he has had a crack at the UK 'Womens Equality Party' Leader a couple of days ago.

    He was the inspiration for James Damore's infamous 'Google's Ideological Echo Chamber' memo which exposed the secretive culture of 'equality of outcome' social justice warrioring at the internet giant.

    He is a youtube star but I will resist the urge to post a youtube clip by way of setting a good OP example.

    He is very watchable in the way he presents his spin on male vs female psychology and why the attempt to socially engineer outcomes through things like quotas is the nonsense that it is.

  2. #2
    Thailand Expat cyrille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    18,810
    Quote Originally Posted by Looper View Post
    Why does this blokey not have a TeakDoor thread?

    He shot to fame by refusing to accept being compelled by law to use gender pronouns of choice of transgenders.
    You may have answered your own question.

    I only got halfway through his book.

  3. #3
    I'm in Jail

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Online
    06-02-2020 @ 07:44 PM
    Posts
    2,992
    Quote Originally Posted by Looper View Post
    Why does this blokey not have a TeakDoor thread?
    well, now he has two, including one in the dog house.

    ;-)

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Earl View Post


    Anty McPanties and dumbfuck Chuckie take note, maybe wake up some day...



    Maybe take the very blessed opportunity to discover reality..


  4. #4
    Thailand Expat raycarey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    13,769
    Quote Originally Posted by Looper View Post
    Jordan Peterson
    he's someone who dumb people think is intelligent.
    he masks his misogyny, racism, Islamophobia, and homophobia in code....in short, he's a master of the dog whistle...and for that he's a hero to the alt right / white nationalists / neo-nazis
    he's laughing all the way to the bank.

    oh yeah....earl is a big fan.

    which should tell everyone all they need to know.

  5. #5
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Last Online
    26-03-2019 @ 11:28 AM
    Location
    across the street
    Posts
    4,109
    Quote Originally Posted by Looper View Post
    He shot to fame by refusing to accept being compelled by law to use gender pronouns of choice of transgenders.

    low bar for hero worship these days

  6. #6
    En route
    Cujo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:48 PM
    Location
    Reality.
    Posts
    29,008
    Quote Originally Posted by raycarey View Post
    he's someone who dumb people think is intelligent.
    he masks his misogyny, racism, Islamophobia, and homophobia in code....
    Heaven forbid he have opinions other than those prescribed 'correct' ones.

    I saw the video where he was accosted by various freaks who demanded he call them by a variety of letters.
    He said he wasn't going to allow his speach to be dictated by a small ragtag bunch of freaks.
    Good for him.
    "In my professional assessment as an intelligence officer, Trump has a reflexive, defensive, monumentally narcissistic personality, for whom the facts and national interest are irrelevant, and the only thing that counts is whatever gives personal advantage and directs attention to himself."

  7. #7
    Member
    harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:48 PM
    Posts
    64,759
    Quote Originally Posted by Looper View Post
    Why does this blokey not have a TeakDoor thread?
    Because no-one gives a shit?

    Just a wild guess.

  8. #8
    Thailand Expat
    bsnub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:14 PM
    Posts
    20,166
    Quote Originally Posted by Cujo View Post
    Heaven forbid he have opinions other than those prescribed 'correct' ones.
    He panders to the alt right and white nationalists and is the current darling of most trumpazees.

  9. #9
    En route
    Cujo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:48 PM
    Location
    Reality.
    Posts
    29,008
    Quote Originally Posted by bsnub View Post
    He panders to the alt right and white nationalists .
    I disagree.
    He just refuses to have his speech patterns dicttaed to him by the freak minority.
    As I said, heaven forbid he should hold opinions other than the prescribed 'correct' ones.
    "In my professional assessment as an intelligence officer, Trump has a reflexive, defensive, monumentally narcissistic personality, for whom the facts and national interest are irrelevant, and the only thing that counts is whatever gives personal advantage and directs attention to himself."

  10. #10
    Thailand Expat
    reddog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:22 PM
    Posts
    1,245
    I thought he did a good job on Cathy Newman,she deserved to be made look foolish,also his take on the Canadian PM Justin Trudeau
    is rather good,a teenage girl in a mans body was a good description of that ponce.

  11. #11
    Hit me wif da Ching Ching
    Looper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:53 PM
    Posts
    12,445
    It is the incisiveness of his debating style that is appealing for me.

    And his laser-like focus on some of the pernicious details of identity politics.

    It is nice to have an academic professor (some areas of academia being notoriously left wing) fired up enough to not make any bones about the obvious fact that men and women are simply different creatures in many ways and eloquent enough to argue the points methodically and unequivocally.

    His occasional quasi-religious slant is his Achilles heel but I don't think he makes to much of a meal of that.

  12. #12
    Thailand Expat raycarey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    13,769
    Quote Originally Posted by Looper View Post
    And his laser-like focus on some of the pernicious details of identity politics.
    the key word here being "some".

    let me guess....like peterson you're a straight, white male....who was raised in a christian (or lapsed christian) household.

    if the above is true, you and peterson are the walking embodiment of identity politics....and you're just refusing to see it for what it is......along with
    its inherent sense of entitlement and resentment.

  13. #13
    Thailand Expat
    bsnub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:14 PM
    Posts
    20,166
    ^ Spot on Ray!!

  14. #14
    Thailand Expat
    crackerjack101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:12 PM
    Posts
    5,493
    Have at it........

    42

  15. #15
    ความรู้ลึกลับ HuangLao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    สุโขทัย
    Posts
    7,669
    Canadian Fascist.....

  16. #16
    Hit me wif da Ching Ching
    Looper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:53 PM
    Posts
    12,445
    The thing about Peterson is that he articulates himself so well.

    It is not easy to throw these media pundits on the back-foot, as skewering interviewees is their bread and butter but he does it over and over again.

    His evisceration of the Canadian prime minister's preposterously stupid decision to create a cabinet of 50% women from an elected body of 20% women was spot on.

    Setting targets and quotas for gender representation or representation of any other kind of demographic is politically driven stupidity of the 1st order.

    Equality of opportunity should be the only game in town when it comes to social egalitarianism.

  17. #17
    Member
    harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:48 PM
    Posts
    64,759
    So basically you like him because he panders to your irrational fear of strong, independent women.

    And no-one else gives a shit because they aren't insecure chauvinists.

  18. #18
    ความรู้ลึกลับ HuangLao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    สุโขทัย
    Posts
    7,669
    Quote Originally Posted by harrybarracuda View Post
    So basically you like him because he panders to your irrational fear of strong, independent women.

    And no-one else gives a shit because they aren't insecure chauvinists.

    Among other irrational and brain dead character traits.
    It's obvious that the easily manipulated and fooled are great fodder for the likes of Mr. Peterson.

    Consider the source that are effortlessly taken in by New Age charlatans passing themselves of as traditionalists.
    Shouldn't surprise that many circles of the backward Occidental world are hypnotized.


    Suspicions should be instinctive when such magicians as Peterson become overnight outta-the-blue personalities and promoted as "something different".

  19. #19
    Hit me wif da Ching Ching
    Looper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:53 PM
    Posts
    12,445
    Quote Originally Posted by harrybarracuda View Post
    So basically you like him because he panders to your irrational fear of strong, independent women.

    And no-one else gives a shit because they aren't insecure chauvinists.
    I don't think being opposed to representation outcomes as a political goal is chauvinist.

    Do you think that we should set quotas for what percentage of employees in a given field should be women?

  20. #20
    POTUS HOCUS
    david44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Online
    12-10-2019 @ 11:14 AM
    Location
    Inner Wrongholia
    Posts
    13,668
    Magician monetizes misogyny, when you can fake sincerity the hoi polloi will follow
    I used to have a job at a calendar factory.
    I got the sack because
    I took a couple of days off.

  21. #21
    ความรู้ลึกลับ HuangLao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    สุโขทัย
    Posts
    7,669
    Nonetheless, he'll have his five minutes of fame and more than likely vanish from the fashionably conscious.
    Charlatans, especially Euro-types whom haven't a clue, and their cultish followers remain oblivious.

  22. #22
    Member
    harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:48 PM
    Posts
    64,759
    Quote Originally Posted by Looper View Post
    I don't think being opposed to representation outcomes as a political goal is chauvinist.

    Do you think that we should set quotas for what percentage of employees in a given field should be women?
    No, I think we just need to get rid of fucking dinosaurs like yourself and let merit do the rest.

  23. #23
    Hit me wif da Ching Ching
    Looper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:53 PM
    Posts
    12,445
    Quote Originally Posted by crackerjack101 View Post
    Have at it........
    JP was OK here. Maybe not his most erudite performance.

    But the star of the show was Stephen Fry.

    Outstanding introduction speech from Fry. Understated to perfection and contrasted perfectly with the brassy hectoring victim-blaming black minister for political-correctness.

    One thing Fry has spot on is the way politics has become so moronically polarised in the 21st century that it can be difficult to have a sane conversation with anyone any more.

  24. #24
    POTUS HOCUS
    david44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Online
    12-10-2019 @ 11:14 AM
    Location
    Inner Wrongholia
    Posts
    13,668
    Quote Originally Posted by Looper View Post
    can be difficult to have a sane conversation with anyone any more
    and will only increase as the anonymous so called "social media' become omnipresent.

    The format will change
    In a generation kids'll laugh at Twatter Farcebook TD just as today we see the anachronism Typewriters, good manners and dog's called Nigger are only in Black and White Movies

    The TD heyday of DD's rants, Nooners and Hooter, Blackgang, NR, Happyman, Good3behappy,Panama,Slackula,Jet Crusty,Marmite Thetyim, Smeg and DrAndy, Bettyboo, the many faces of Willy slugging it out with thousands of readers and hundreds of new Posts, of them all I will always recall Mr Lick and his superb contribution.

    Now that slapsometimes has emerged from the scrubs I hope Wivnall can tunnel out and bring their light hearted frivolity, joy and humour.
    I used to have a job at a calendar factory.
    I got the sack because
    I took a couple of days off.

  25. #25
    Hit me wif da Ching Ching
    Looper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:53 PM
    Posts
    12,445
    Quote Originally Posted by harrybarracuda View Post
    No, I think we just need to get rid of fucking dinosaurs like yourself and let merit do the rest.
    Merit is precisely what you are not arguing for when you support quotas.

    Do you support quotas?

    Do you think jobs should be reserved for individuals based on gender or other demographics?

    That is precisely the social policy that Peterson is arguing against and precisely what is happening today in many hiring environments such as government departments and 'progressive' businesses like Google.

    People should be evaluated based on their abilities and merits. Not measured on their political credentials as members of the 'correct' minority groups to be hiring from to satisfy the political pressure for equality of representation which is as fundamentally wrong headed as old-fashioned racism was in its day.

Page 1 of 11 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •