Page 835 of 838 FirstFirst ... 335735785825827828829830831832833834835836837838 LastLast
Results 20,851 to 20,875 of 20939
  1. #20851
    Isle of discombobulation Joe 90's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Mai Arse
    Posts
    2,583
    Quote Originally Posted by harrybarracuda View Post
    Have we Brexited yet?

    I'm thinking of opening a thread called "Brexit - It's over!".
    It'll never be over for the remoaners

  2. #20852
    dairy dairy me
    Hugh Cow's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Last Online
    22-09-2021 @ 02:12 PM
    Location
    Qld/Bangkok
    Posts
    3,216
    Quote Originally Posted by Seekingasylum View Post
    The problem facing those concerned with democracy, and governance of it within the UK, is the almost insurmountable difficulty in addressing the not inconsiderable fact that the majority of national media outlets are owned and directed by shills for the Brexitory, hedge funding, tax evading coterie who are exploiting Brexit for their own short term gain at the expense of the public who sadly in the main are constituted from the stupid, the deluded, the ignorant and the bigoted.

    The spectrum of newspapers published in the UK are all mostly rabid supporters of Brexit and no matter what the issue might be the propaganda spinning a spurious benefit is churned out at every opportunity.

    Do you think a Labour prime minister would still be in power by popular acclaim if he had presided over a government in which his decisions meant: an annual loss of 50 billions to GDP, the destruction of food processing export sectors, the destruction of English fisheries, the end to modern British farming that has flourished for 75 years and the worst threat to the beef cow sector since foot and mouth, the death of 120,000 citizens, the personal misappropriation of public funds to further an illicit sexual relationship with a foreign national whose visa he personally supported, who deliberately entered into an international agreement with the purpose of dishonouring it and was now advocating the building at public expense of a personal ocean-going yacht to accommodate his sociopathic ego???

    The Fourth Estate has a lot to answer for and in truth has been instrumental in the weakening of the UK as a political entity and as a state within the international arena.

    Brexit is a disaster with no benefit except to carpetbaggers and tax evaders.

    And it's all down to the rightwing oddities spawned by the UKIP end of the Tory party but the greatest irony of all is that it has in fact destroyed not only the traditional Labour Party but fractured the Conservative Party irreversibly.

    Britain is fucked.

    But, can any of the usual fuckwit knuckle dragging Brexiteers please tell us, what is it the UK is going to sell to the world that it couldn't before Brexit?
    So most of the papers are owned by biased Brexiteers?

    Quote Originally Posted by Troy View Post
    Not just The Guardian reporting the stupidity of Brexit though is it? Just about every media outlet in the World that shows an interest...
    You and SA need to coordinate more. He complaining of biased Brexiteer newspapers and you proclaiming they are all pro EU.


    Quote Originally Posted by harrybarracuda View Post
    Have we Brexited yet?

    I'm thinking of opening a thread called "Brexit - It's over!".
    Yes Harry, there are now just a few stragglers having trouble coming to grips with reality.

  3. #20853
    Isle of discombobulation Joe 90's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Mai Arse
    Posts
    2,583
    A Scottish fisherman says it's "cheaper and quicker" to export his shellfish to Asia than it is to France under post-Brexit rules.

    Because the UK is out of the single market, British fish exports to Europe are now subject to new customs and veterinary checks.

    Brexit: Exporting my fish to China is easier than to France - BBC News

    Shalom

  4. #20854
    Hangin' Around cyrille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    24,683
    And you have presumably got that so mixed up in your underpowered noggin that you think it's an argument in favour of BREXIT.


  5. #20855
    Thailand Expat
    Troy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:28 AM
    Location
    In the EU
    Posts
    9,896
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Cow View Post
    You and SA need to coordinate more. He complaining of biased Brexiteer newspapers and you proclaiming they are all pro EU.
    SA is referring to the UK press, I am referring to the press around the world.

  6. #20856
    Thailand Expat helge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    7,156
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe 90 View Post
    A Scottish fisherman says it's "cheaper and quicker" to export his shellfish to Asia than it is to France under post-Brexit rules.
    Maybe I'm wrong, but I heard that a lot of brits are unloading their catch in Denmark

  7. #20857
    Thailand Expat
    Troy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:28 AM
    Location
    In the EU
    Posts
    9,896
    Remember this....



    Downing St has rejected the EU's estimate of the UK's post-Brexit divorce bill after new figures put the total debt at 40.8bn.


    The sum was published in the EU's accounts for 2020, which also state that the UK should pay the EU 5.8bn this year.


    More stormy waters ahead....

    Brexit: Downing Street rejects EU'''s estimate of divorce bill - BBC News

  8. #20858
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 02:21 PM
    Location
    Sanur
    Posts
    5,367
    Quote Originally Posted by Troy View Post
    No doubt the EU accountants have used the most beneficial (to them) exchange rate, to convert what they think the UK owes them, between GBP and euro.
    Plenty of scope for the unscrupulous to vary a perceived point for beneficial exchange rates over the last 5 years?

  9. #20859
    Hangin' Around cyrille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    24,683
    Getting done on the exchange rates.

    Probably by someone wearing a stripey shirt with a string of onions around his neck and a beret.

  10. #20860
    Thailand Expat
    Mendip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:58 AM
    Location
    Korat
    Posts
    5,329
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe 90 View Post
    It'll never be over for the remoaners
    The thing is Joe, it certainly isn't over for a lot of people who are just finding out how catastrophic Brexit will be to heir lives. Up to now Covid has masked it's disastrous results for many.

    I've just had three months work in Norway fall through because it is just impossible to arrange a work permit in time. The next available appointment for the contractors to apply on my behalf at their local police station is 6th September (nearly 8 weeks away) and each application currently takes 10 to 12 weeks to process. The work will now go elsewhere... this after 30 years of regular, hassle free work in Norway.

    I really do hope that 'Brexiteers' are reaping their rewards... it would be nice to think that some are gaining from it because for many people I know or hear about it has been a complete disaster... apart from a bunch of noxious UK politicians, that is.
    Last edited by Mendip; 10-07-2021 at 06:13 AM.

  11. #20861
    Im bored AF Backspin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    6,219
    Seekingass has provisionally flounced and will not be posting in this thread

  12. #20862
    Thailand Expat lom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:58 AM
    Location
    Trapped in an old mans body
    Posts
    11,465
    ^ now if only you could do the same..

  13. #20863
    dairy dairy me
    Hugh Cow's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Last Online
    22-09-2021 @ 02:12 PM
    Location
    Qld/Bangkok
    Posts
    3,216
    Quote Originally Posted by Mendip View Post
    The thing is Joe, it certainly isn't over for a lot of people who are just finding out how catastrophic Brexit will be to heir lives. Up to now Covid has masked it's disastrous results for many.

    I've just had three months work in Norway fall through because it is just impossible to arrange a work permit in time. The next available appointment for the contractors to apply on my behalf at their local police station is 6th September (nearly 8 weeks away) and each application currently takes 10 to 12 weeks to process. The work will now go elsewhere... this after 30 years of regular, hassle free work in Norway.

    I really do hope that 'Brexiteers' are reaping their rewards... it would be nice to think that some are gaining from it because for many people I know or hear about it has been a complete disaster... apart from a bunch of noxious UK politicians, that is.
    didnt think Norway was in the EU.

  14. #20864
    Thailand Expat lom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:58 AM
    Location
    Trapped in an old mans body
    Posts
    11,465
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Cow View Post
    didnt think
    then stick to comments on politics in Australia, the part of the world you are familiar with.

  15. #20865
    Hangin' Around cyrille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    24,683
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Cow View Post
    didnt think Norway was in the EU.
    They are part of the EEA, which for Mendip’s purposes is the same thing.

    Your ignorance never seems to put you off pontificating.

  16. #20866
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 02:21 PM
    Location
    Sanur
    Posts
    5,367
    Quote Originally Posted by cyrille View Post
    They are part of the EEA, which for Mendip’s purposes is the same thing.

    Your ignorance never seems to put you off pontificating.
    His original comment was correct. They are not full members of the EU. Perhaps you should resist the temptation to pontificate, on your own behalf, as well as on behalf of others?

  17. #20867
    Thailand Expat
    Troy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:28 AM
    Location
    In the EU
    Posts
    9,896
    ^ We are talking about direct effects of Brexit so ... Go swivel...

    Norway is part of Schengen, a point missed by HC, and this is the stumbling block. Actually, our new residence permits only allow travel to Schengen countries and not all EU ones. It means my wife needs a separate visa now to visit Eire, Croatia etc.

    British citizens and their family members who wish to come to Norway to live, work or study after 1 January 2021 will be treated according to the rules that apply to citizens of countries outside the EEA/EU. This means that British citizens wishing to work in Norway will need to apply for a residency permit. The same rules will apply for British citizens that are temporary service suppliers. Under the current regime, service providers can come to Norway for work for up to three months without the need to register.
    How will Brexit affect British citizens? - regjeringen.no
    Last edited by Troy; 11-07-2021 at 02:00 AM.

  18. #20868
    dairy dairy me
    Hugh Cow's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Last Online
    22-09-2021 @ 02:12 PM
    Location
    Qld/Bangkok
    Posts
    3,216
    Quote Originally Posted by Troy View Post
    SA is referring to the UK press, I am referring to the press around the world.
    Certainly not in Australia, but I am sure you can cherry pick opinion around the world to suit your argument as you invariably do with most of your posts on Brexit. Try the Cameroon times.

  19. #20869
    dairy dairy me
    Hugh Cow's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Last Online
    22-09-2021 @ 02:12 PM
    Location
    Qld/Bangkok
    Posts
    3,216
    Quote Originally Posted by Troy View Post
    ^ We are talking about direct effects of Brexit so ... Go swivel...

    Norway is part of Schengen, a point missed by HC, and this is the stumbling block. Actually, our new residence permits only allow travel to Schengen countries and not all EU ones. It means my wife needs a separate visa now to visit Eire, Croatia etc.



    How will Brexit affect British citizens? - regjeringen.no
    Jeezus H Christ. Cry me a river.

  20. #20870
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 02:21 PM
    Location
    Sanur
    Posts
    5,367
    Quote Originally Posted by Troy View Post
    ^ We are talking about direct effects of Brexit so ... Go swivel...

    Norway is part of Schengen, a point missed by HC, and this is the stumbling block. Actually, our new residence permits only allow travel to Schengen countries and not all EU ones. It means my wife needs a separate visa now to visit Eire, Croatia etc.



    How will Brexit affect British citizens? - regjeringen.no
    You can talk about what you want. I am sorry that the rules cause difficulties for your purposes, but the FACT remains, Norway is not a member of the EU, however hard you might wish it to be so.

    Please stick to evidence which might dispute those FACTS.

  21. #20871
    Thailand Expat
    Troy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:28 AM
    Location
    In the EU
    Posts
    9,896
    ^ JHC, no-one has said that Norway is part of the EU, you silly old fart.

    However, if you want to work there then you are now fooked because of Brexit.

    Now go crawl back under your rock.

  22. #20872
    Thailand Expat
    Troy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:28 AM
    Location
    In the EU
    Posts
    9,896
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Cow View Post
    Certainly not in Australia, but I am sure you can cherry pick opinion around the world to suit your argument
    Let me guess which of us is cherry picking here....

  23. #20873
    Hangin' Around cyrille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    24,683

  24. #20874
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 02:21 PM
    Location
    Sanur
    Posts
    5,367
    Quote Originally Posted by Troy View Post
    ^ JHC, no-one has said that Norway is part of the EU, you silly old fart.

    However, if you want to work there then you are now fooked because of Brexit.

    Now go crawl back under your rock.
    Before you get sand in your vagina, try reading my post #20866. And while you’re at it, do try to keep your shirt on.

  25. #20875
    Thailand Expat
    Shutree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Last Online
    23-09-2021 @ 06:07 PM
    Location
    One heartbeat away from eternity
    Posts
    1,944
    Quote Originally Posted by Mendip View Post
    I've just had three months work in Norway fall through because it is just impossible to arrange a work permit in time. The next available appointment for the contractors to apply on my behalf at their local police station is 6th September (nearly 8 weeks away) and each application currently takes 10 to 12 weeks to process.
    Mendip I am sorry for you, that really sucks.

    At the same time, the Norwegians really need to get their act together. How on earth can it take 8 weeks to get an appointment at the local police station? These bureaucracies are supposed to support businesses, not make them unable to function.

    How about offshore work? I have never been in the industry so have no idea, do you still need a work permit to work offshore?

    How about working from home? Is that an option?

Page 835 of 838 FirstFirst ... 335735785825827828829830831832833834835836837838 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 3 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 3 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •