1. #15426
    Thailand Expat
    Dragonfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:32 PM
    Posts
    13,863
    Quote Originally Posted by Switch View Post
    Hahahahahahaha he just send me a feeble red for my last post. For a bloke who is wrong so often, he's still reluctant to admit that he was in the wrong, again. lol silly little euro chav invertebrate. lol


    and I was reloading for Nerv

  2. #15427
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:18 PM
    Location
    Sumatra
    Posts
    4,119
    Quote Originally Posted by Troy View Post
    Labour will need a change of leader if they wish to be successful in the next GE.

    A forced GE that extends EU membership passed Oct31 could bring the Brexit Party back into play, splitting the Tory vote.

    There are plenty of unknowns that can change the current poll predictions.
    It is now too late to force a GE before 31 October, even if they overturm the prorogue of parliament. It won't happen.

    Amother fanciful remain wish disappears in unicorn droppings.

  3. #15428
    Thailand Expat
    Dragonfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:32 PM
    Posts
    13,863
    since legal NO DEAL is not going to happen, then where are we? will Boris go for the cahos option instead? that is SEVERE all ties with the EU?

    not sure the EU will bother to start negotiation with anyone who does a runner for a living

  4. #15429
    Thailand Expat
    Dragonfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:32 PM
    Posts
    13,863
    Quote Originally Posted by Switch View Post
    It is now too late to force a GE before 31 October, even if they overturm the prorogue of parliament. It won't happen.

    Amother fanciful remain wish disappears in unicorn droppings.
    what are you smoking again? Boris will ask for an extension of course in light of the GE, and the EU will give him another 2 years without discussion

    Oct 31 is NOT going to happen, prepare yourself for it

  5. #15430
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:18 PM
    Location
    Sumatra
    Posts
    4,119
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    what are you smoking again? Boris will ask for an extension of course in light of the GE, and the EU will give him another 2 years without discussion

    Oct 31 is NOT going to happen, prepare yourself for it
    You just won first prize in TD SPOTY.

  6. #15431
    Thailand Expat
    Dragonfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:32 PM
    Posts
    13,863
    Quote Originally Posted by Switch View Post
    You just won first prize in TD SPOTY.
    will see who is the spoty one on Oct 31 when extension is granted, Hard Brexit doesn't happen, and you lose your mind over it

  7. #15432
    Thailand Expat
    Troy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:51 PM
    Location
    In the EU
    Posts
    8,171
    Quote Originally Posted by Switch View Post
    It is now too late to force a GE before 31 October, even if they overturm the prorogue of parliament. It won't happen.

    Amother fanciful remain wish disappears in unicorn droppings.
    The GE doesn't have to happen before 31 October. A vote of no confidence with an interim government and a simple letter requesting an extension is enough.

  8. #15433
    Thailand Expat
    buriramboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Last Online
    03-02-2020 @ 04:00 PM
    Posts
    12,238
    Rumours in the Times, Boris will call an election on Thursday for Oct 14. But due to the fixed term parliament law 2/3 of parliament will have to vote for it.

  9. #15434
    Days Work Done! Norton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Roiet
    Posts
    30,843
    Predicting anything atm is fraught with error. The whole thing started when the referendum was called for by folks who predicted it would be a resounding no leave.

    So here we are 3 years later and no one knows what the hell is going to happen.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.

  10. #15435
    Thailand Expat
    Dragonfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:32 PM
    Posts
    13,863
    Quote Originally Posted by buriramboy View Post
    Rumours in the Times, Boris will call an election on Thursday for Oct 14. But due to the fixed term parliament law 2/3 of parliament will have to vote for it.
    jesus, that's another level of mind fuck

    so what's the advantage of doing so if he is dismissed on Tue?

  11. #15436
    Thailand Expat
    Dragonfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:32 PM
    Posts
    13,863
    Quote Originally Posted by Norton View Post
    Predicting anything atm is fraught with error. The whole thing started when the referendum was called for by folks who predicted it would be a resounding no leave.

    So here we are 3 years later and no one knows what the hell is going to happen.
    yep, so typically British, and it will end with REVOKE and REMAIN, like nothing happened, and we will have gone FULL CIRCLE

    fooking classic Brits !!!

  12. #15437
    Thailand Expat
    PAG's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:18 PM
    Location
    Chalong, Phuket
    Posts
    2,347
    Quote Originally Posted by Troy View Post
    The GE doesn't have to happen before 31 October. A vote of no confidence with an interim government and a simple letter requesting an extension is enough.
    Which has been discounted as Corbyn as an interim PM doesn't even have the support of the majority of Labour MP's, let alone the other opposition parties. The opposition coalition have already decided on pursuing an amendment of any legislation to force an extension of A50, and not a vote of No Confidence. BJ is on a home run now, let the last waltz music begin.

  13. #15438
    Thailand Expat
    buriramboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Last Online
    03-02-2020 @ 04:00 PM
    Posts
    12,238
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    jesus, that's another level of mind fuck

    so what's the advantage of doing so if he is dismissed on Tue?
    Doesn't actually work like that, if a vote of confidence is called on Tuesday and he loses he still gets 14 days I believe to call another vote by which time Parliament is already prorogued so he is still PM.

  14. #15439
    Thailand Expat
    buriramboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Last Online
    03-02-2020 @ 04:00 PM
    Posts
    12,238
    Quote Originally Posted by Norton View Post
    Predicting anything atm is fraught with error. The whole thing started when the referendum was called for by folks who predicted it would be a resounding no leave.

    So here we are 3 years later and no one knows what the hell is going to happen.
    Correct so lots of fun and games over the next few weeks or months. Whatever happens half the country is not going to accept it and the issue isnt going to go away anytime soon.

  15. #15440
    Thailand Expat
    Dragonfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:32 PM
    Posts
    13,863
    Quote Originally Posted by buriramboy View Post
    Correct so lots of fun and games over the next few weeks or months. Whatever happens half the country is not going to accept it and the issue isnt going to go away anytime soon.
    hence why the Queen should intervene, eventually

    it's a major crisis,

  16. #15441
    Days Work Done! Norton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Roiet
    Posts
    30,843
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    it's a major crisis
    John created a few a few but this one clearly of David's making.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.

  17. #15442
    Thailand Expat
    Dragonfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:32 PM
    Posts
    13,863
    Quote Originally Posted by PAG View Post
    Which has been discounted as Corbyn as an interim PM doesn't even have the support of the majority of Labour MP's, let alone the other opposition parties. The opposition coalition have already decided on pursuing an amendment of any legislation to force an extension of A50, and not a vote of No Confidence. BJ is on a home run now, let the last waltz music begin.
    The Queen could always nominate an interim PM,

    have to give it to you Brits to make politics a complete shitshow, it's really like watching Monty Python

  18. #15443
    Thailand Expat
    Dragonfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:32 PM
    Posts
    13,863
    Quote Originally Posted by buriramboy View Post
    Doesn't actually work like that, if a vote of confidence is called on Tuesday and he loses he still gets 14 days I believe to call another vote by which time Parliament is already prorogued so he is still PM.
    are you sure it would work that way? that would be even worse, definitely a coup

    don't think the Queen could accept it, she would intervene

    anyway, can't wait for it to happen if it's indeed feasible

  19. #15444
    Thailand Expat
    Dragonfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:32 PM
    Posts
    13,863
    Quote Originally Posted by Norton View Post
    John created a few a few but this one clearly of David's making.
    they were both stubborn PMs, and looks where it ended for one of them

    the mad cow disease had the same MO as Brexit, denial, failed negotiation, and eventually FULL EMBARGO at the EU Level

  20. #15445
    Thailand Expat
    Dragonfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:32 PM
    Posts
    13,863
    sounds like another mission impossible, make NO DEAL even illegal at the UK level. It is by default at the EU Level without the EU27 vote.

    Brexit: Keir Starmer says MPs 'will propose legislation to stop no deal'
    https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-49541942

    MPs who want to stop a no-deal Brexit will seek to bring forward legislation against it this week, shadow Brexit secretary Sir Keir Starmer has said.

    He said the plan was to prevent the PM "from taking us out of the EU without a deal" but he did not go into detail.

    Cabinet minister Michael Gove refused to guarantee that the government would abide by it if it passed, saying: "Let's see what the legislation says."

    The government is "not doing anything to facilitate a no deal", he said.

    Mr Gove also said "some" food prices "may go up" and "other prices will come down" in the event of a no-deal Brexit.

    Meanwhile, the EU's lead Brexit negotiator has rejected Boris Johnson's demands for the controversial Irish backstop to be scrapped.

    The UK is due to leave the EU on 31 October, with or without a deal.

    The prime minister says he is willing to leave without one rather than miss the deadline, which has prompted a number of opposition MPs to unite to try and block a possible no deal.

  21. #15446
    Days Work Done! Norton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Roiet
    Posts
    30,843
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    The government is "not doing anything
    SNAFU.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.

  22. #15447
    Thailand Expat
    Dragonfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:32 PM
    Posts
    13,863
    anyay, what the fuck are they trying to accomplish? making the NO DEAL BREXIT illegal at the UK level will not change a thing, if Boris want to go rogue and go for a FULL EMBARGO

    the EU will consider NO DEAL Brexit illegal without a EU27 vote, and there will be retaliation with a FULL EMBARGO, and no possibility to discuss

    so at the end, Boris needs to man up and go for it, not soon, but right fooking now

  23. #15448
    Thailand Expat
    buriramboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Last Online
    03-02-2020 @ 04:00 PM
    Posts
    12,238
    Top trolling from Boris, if Parliament votes to force Boris to ask for an extension which all EU members have to agree, he will then vote against it at the EU meeting.

  24. #15449
    Thailand Expat
    Dragonfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:32 PM
    Posts
    13,863
    Quote Originally Posted by buriramboy View Post
    Top trolling from Boris, if Parliament votes to force Boris to ask for an extension which all EU members have to agree, he will then vote against it at the EU meeting.
    you just added another level of mind fuck,

    I think only the EU27 vote, not the EU28

  25. #15450
    Thailand Expat
    buriramboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Last Online
    03-02-2020 @ 04:00 PM
    Posts
    12,238
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    you just added another level of mind fuck,

    I think only the EU27 vote, not the EU28
    All members have to agree and we are still a member, normally it would be taken for granted that we want the extension seeing as its us actually asking for it hence just the 27 need to agree. But we actually have to vote for it to.

Page 618 of 733 FirstFirst ... 118518568608610611612613614615616617618619620621622623624625626628668718 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •