1. #29626
    Thailand Expat Slick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    6,137
    Quote Originally Posted by Cujo View Post
    That was a pointless waste of tazpayers money wasn't it.
    So we care about wasting taxpayer money now do we.

  2. #29627
    Custom Title Changer
    Topper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:58 PM
    Location
    Bangkok
    Posts
    9,564
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    So we care about wasting taxpayer money now do we.
    How many times so far has Biden visited one of his properties to play golf where he could charge organizations like the Secret Service hotel fees for the privilege of protecting him?

  3. #29628
    Thailand Expat Slick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    6,137
    Quote Originally Posted by Topper View Post
    How many times so far has Biden visited one of his properties to play golf where he could charge organizations like the Secret Service hotel fees for the privilege of protecting him?
    Would you have preferred for the secret service to have stayed at a different location and taxpayer pay even more for it, or should the president have to pay for his own secret service detail out of his own pocket if he wants to go to one of the properties he owns.

  4. #29629
    I am not a cat
    nidhogg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    16,887
    ^ no. He should not have to pay for it. But equally he should not profit from it either. Which he clearly did and still does.

  5. #29630
    Thailand Expat harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    79,060
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    Would you have preferred for the secret service to have stayed at a different location and taxpayer pay even more for it, or should the president have to pay for his own secret service detail out of his own pocket if he wants to go to one of the properties he owns.
    Are you simply demonstrating that you don't have a clue what's in your own Constitution or pathetically trying to be obtuse?

  6. #29631
    Thailand Expat harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    79,060
    Quote Originally Posted by nidhogg View Post
    ^ no. He should not have to pay for it. But equally he should not profit from it either. Which he clearly did and still does.
    The Domestic Emoluments Clause only applies while in office, so sadly the little shyster can milk his secret service detail for all he wishes now. Although obviously this is infinitely preferable to him still being in the job.

  7. #29632
    Thailand Expat Slick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    6,137
    Quote Originally Posted by nidhogg View Post
    ^ no. He should not have to pay for it. But equally he should not profit from it either. Which he clearly did and still does.
    So what should he do then? If they stay at mar a Lago or whatever then either the taxpayer foots the bill or he does, and nobody knows if this is for profit or simply covering expenses incurred.

    Joe Biden charged the secret service $172,000 in rent at one of his Delaware cottages while Vice President. It’s common practice but only bad when certain politicians do it I guess.

  8. #29633
    Thailand Expat harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    79,060
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    So what should he do then? If they stay at mar a Lago or whatever then either the taxpayer foots the bill or he does, and nobody knows if this is for profit or simply covering expenses incurred.

    Joe Biden charged the secret service $172,000 in rent at one of his Delaware cottages while Vice President. It’s common practice but only bad when certain politicians do it I guess.
    Common practice?




    Golf Outings | TrumpGolfCount

  9. #29634
    Thailand Expat Slick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    6,137
    Quote Originally Posted by harrybarracuda View Post
    Common practice?
    You might not like the frequency of the activities but the practice of charging the secret service for staying property you own is completely normal.

  10. #29635
    Thailand Expat harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    79,060
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    You might not like the frequency of the activities but the practice of charging the secret service for staying property you own is completely normal.
    The "frequency of activities"?

    300 rounds of golf which cost $147,000,000, a large chunk of which went into his own pocket?

    Only trumpanzees might "like" that....

  11. #29636
    Thailand Expat Slick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    6,137
    Quote Originally Posted by harrybarracuda View Post
    $147,000,000
    Fact check: Taxpayer burden for Trump's golfing is hard to pin down

  12. #29637
    Thailand Expat harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    79,060

    They weren't hard to pin down when the GAO issued a report on Presidential travel. In fact estimates seem to be on the low side.

    For the President’s four trips to Mar-a-Lago from February 3, 2017 to
    March 5, 2017, we estimate that federal agencies incurred costs of about
    $13.6 million.
    You can read it here while you're waiting for your immunity to kick in.

    https://www.gao.gov/assets/700/696512.pdf

  13. #29638
    Thailand Expat Slick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    6,137
    Quote Originally Posted by harrybarracuda View Post
    They weren't hard to pin down when the GAO issued a report on Presidential travel. In fact estimates seem to be on the low side.
    Quote Originally Posted by harrybarracuda View Post
    $147,000,000
    You’ll never find a real source that says trumps golf cost 147 million dollars, which is why you didn’t post one.

  14. #29639
    Thailand Expat
    happynz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:05 PM
    Location
    on the corner of dusty and dustier
    Posts
    10,534
    ^ The government accounting office is a not a "real source"?

    Your red hat is on too tight, shorty.

  15. #29640
    Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:25 PM
    Posts
    708
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick
    So what should he do then?
    If the lying sack of shit had been true to his word, you probably wouldn’t be making excuses for the Grifter-in-Chief.




    Donald Trump: I will be your champion. & I won't be playing golf... instead of going to Louisiana - YouTube

  16. #29641
    En route
    Cujo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:49 PM
    Location
    Reality.
    Posts
    32,311
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    So we care about wasting taxpayer money now do we.
    What's that supposed to mean?
    Just pointing out what a waste of money that flyover was.
    Do you disagree?

  17. #29642
    Thailand Expat Slick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    6,137
    Quote Originally Posted by happynz View Post
    The government accounting office is a not a "real source"?
    The GAO is not the one saying that trumps golf cost 147 million dollars, because it is in reality probably less than half of that. Harry in all his wisdom is pulling these numbers from this site:

    Trump Golf Count

    Not the GAO.

    Quote Originally Posted by beachbound View Post
    If the lying sack of shit had been true to his word, you probably wouldn’t be making excuses for the Grifter-in-Chief.
    How is it "making excuses" when I simply point out that people are wrong, misinformed, or lying? Its both legal and normal for presidents to charge the secret service for accommodation. Trump, Obama, Biden, you name it, they've all done it. Trump doing it more is not grift or illegal or wrong, but thats whats broken about American "democracy" and American "journalism" today.

  18. #29643
    Thailand Expat Slick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    6,137
    Quote Originally Posted by Cujo View Post
    Do you disagree?
    Yeah, I disagree and I think that people like that sort of thing unless it's Trump, then certain groups will hate anything.

  19. #29644
    Thailand Expat
    aging one's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    20,333
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    How is it "making excuses" when I simply point out that people are wrong, misinformed, or lying? Its both legal and normal for presidents to charge the secret service for accommodation. Trump, Obama, Biden, you name it, they've all done it. Trump doing it more is not grift or illegal or wrong, but thats whats broken about American "democracy" and American "journalism" today.
    Where have Obama or Biden done it?



    Trump still charging taxpayers to put up his own Secret Service agents in his hotels


    Trump still charging taxpayers to put up his own Secret Service agents in his hotels | The Independent


    Secret Service has paid rates as high as $650 a night for rooms at Trump’s properties


    https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...a4e_story.html

    hmmm.... slippery and crooked SOB is he not?

  20. #29645
    Thailand Expat Slick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    6,137
    Quote Originally Posted by aging one View Post
    Where have Obama or Biden done it?
    Biden:

    Biden collects rent from Secret Service - Washington Times

    Obama:

    Secret Service spent millions to protect Obama during travel

    Fun Fact:

    Obama restores lifetime Secret Service for former presidents

    Obama restores lifetime Secret Service for former presidents - CBS News

    Quote Originally Posted by aging one View Post
    Comments Slick?
    My comment would be to ask you what he should do? Hes got protection for life and unless he pays for it out of his own pocket, the only alternative is for the taxpayer to foot the bill which is completely normal. If you manage to become president, even, as is claimed, the worst one ever, literally hitler, you are still going to be afforded certain perks until you die and the taxpayer will pay for it.

  21. #29646
    En route
    Cujo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:49 PM
    Location
    Reality.
    Posts
    32,311
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    Biden:

    Biden collects rent from Secret Service - Washington Times

    Obama:

    Secret Service spent millions to protect Obama during travel

    Fun Fact:

    Obama restores lifetime Secret Service for former presidents

    Obama restores lifetime Secret Service for former presidents - CBS News



    My comment would be to ask you what he should do? Hes got protection for life and unless he pays for it out of his own pocket, the only alternative is for the taxpayer to foot the bill which is completely normal. If you manage to become president, even, as is claimed, the worst one ever, literally hitler, you are still going to be afforded certain perks until you die and the taxpayer will pay for it.
    You're a bit thick aren't you. The issue is not that the taxpayer is paying for it, it's that the EX president is PROFITING from it. Unless he's giving them those rooms at cost which I doubt considering what what a slimy grifter he is.

    “If we stop testing right now we’d have very few cases, if any.” Donald J Trump.

  22. #29647
    Thailand Expat Slick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    6,137
    Quote Originally Posted by Cujo View Post
    it's that the EX president is PROFITING from it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cujo View Post
    he's giving them those rooms at cost which I doubt
    Ah yeah, so you look at all the available evidence, past presidents and vice presidents doing the exact same thing, and you make the active decision throw it all out the window and fabricate your own opinion to get angry about.

    This is the problem with people. You guys sit around mad as fuck at stuff that isnt even real. Then get mad as fuck when people point out that what you're mad about isnt even really true or isnt the whole picture of the situation, then you get mad as fuck at the person trying to point it out to you.

    Its very weird.

  23. #29648
    En route
    Cujo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:49 PM
    Location
    Reality.
    Posts
    32,311
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    Ah yeah, so you look at all the available evidence, past presidents and vice presidents doing the exact same thing, and you make the active decision throw it all out the window and fabricate your own opinion to get angry about.

    This is the problem with people. You guys sit around mad as fuck at stuff that isnt even real. Then get mad as fuck when people point out that what you're mad about isnt even really true or isnt the whole picture of the situation, then you get mad as fuck at the person trying to point it out to you.

    Its very weird.
    I'm not mad, just pointing out what a grifter that orange faced lying asshole is. Okay now?

  24. #29649
    Thailand Expat Slick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    6,137
    Quote Originally Posted by Cujo View Post
    I'm not mad, just pointing out what a grifter that orange faced lying asshole is. Okay now?
    Was it grift when then vice president Joe Biden did the exact same thing at his cottage in Delaware?

  25. #29650
    Thailand Expat harrybarracuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    79,060
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    Harry in all his wisdom is pulling these numbers from this site:

    Not the GAO.
    Guess what numbnuts: This is a verbatim quote from the GAO report you moron.

    For the President’s four trips to Mar-a-Lago from February 3, 2017 to
    March 5, 2017, we estimate that federal agencies incurred costs of about
    $13.6 million.
    Maybe you should try reading it.

Page 1186 of 1189 FirstFirst ... 186686108611361176117811791180118111821183118411851186118711881189 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •