Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415 LastLast
Results 251 to 275 of 351
  1. #251
    Thailand Expat
    billy the kid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Online
    19-11-2016 @ 07:57 PM
    Posts
    7,639
    one guy in the UK was shocked to find out that after deductions in his wage packet
    he owed his employer a couple o' quid. it's true.

    O yeah and another item in the news today on how to make stale food eatable.

  2. #252
    Member
    Gilbert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Online
    18-05-2020 @ 03:57 AM
    Posts
    717
    Oh dear. Food stamps dropping by $36 for a family of 4 in a handful of days leaving 47 Million pissed off people, hungry.

    SNAP Benefits Are Changing | Food and Nutrition Service

    Funny how they do a "I've got some good news, and some bad news" style

    "When are my benefits changing?
    On October 1, your benefits may go up a little bit due to changes in the costs of living. On November 1, your benefits will go down due to the end of the extra benefits provided by the 2009 law"


  3. #253
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Online
    23-06-2014 @ 11:30 PM
    Posts
    1,235
    Doesn't anyone have any common sense any more? The US government is borrowing one dollar for every three dollars it spends.

    How can any individual, business, or government continue to operate forever with such a negative cash flow?

    Answer: they can't!

    I've had conversations with "progressives" who try and argue that as long as the economy keep growing, the US can keep producing and keep up with "servicing" its increasing debt.

    My response is that the US can only sustain an economy of a limited size and any further attempts to increase the GDP will only hasten the demise of available resources. Growth simply to accommodate out-of-control spending is both wasteful and a fool's errand.

    Currently the interest on the US debt is about 8% of GDP, and is expected to grow to 40% of GDP by 2025.

    Without sound, conservative fiscal decisions, there will come a time, when no one will loan the US anymore money. Then things will really start to get interesting.

    RickThai

  4. #254
    Member
    Gilbert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Online
    18-05-2020 @ 03:57 AM
    Posts
    717
    Quote Originally Posted by RickThai
    Doesn't anyone have any common sense any more? The US government is borrowing one dollar for every three dollars it spends.

    How can any individual, business, or government continue to operate forever with such a negative cash flow?

    Answer: they can't!
    Absolutely. Regardless of the giant ponzi scheme that is the Fed, by letting the banks create debt and apply interest to those newly created dollars, for every dollar they create they need to create another one to pay the interest on that dollar. The debt can never go down and will only ever increase. In a way, it matters not which president created the most debt; they all are just as bad as each other in continually kicking the collapse can down the road to the next president. In a way, the food stamps will be the least of their problems.

  5. #255
    Thailand Expat
    Pound Hound's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Online
    26-03-2016 @ 09:24 AM
    Location
    Honolulu
    Posts
    1,001
    Quote Originally Posted by RickThai
    “Be nice to white men. One of the besetting sins of many in the progressive and liberal movements is that they have made white men the enemy. In fact, no ethnic group in history gave up so much power so quickly and so peacefully.” From Post Empire Survival Guide by Sam Smith, editor of Progressive Review
    ask an Indian... or a Hawaiian... if you can find one....

    poor, poor whitey.... nuthin' ever goes our way...

  6. #256
    Thailand Expat
    bsnub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:06 PM
    Posts
    20,492
    Quote Originally Posted by Pound Hound View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RickThai
    “Be nice to white men. One of the besetting sins of many in the progressive and liberal movements is that they have made white men the enemy. In fact, no ethnic group in history gave up so much power so quickly and so peacefully.” From Post Empire Survival Guide by Sam Smith, editor of Progressive Review
    ask an Indian... or a Hawaiian... if you can find one....

    poor, poor whitey.... nuthin' ever goes our way...
    This guy is deep in the koolaid. Truely a sick individual. You really want to reduce the budget? Cut fucking military spending and stop the corporate welfare and raise revenue on the rich.

    Stop picking on the working poor who have been stipped of enough. Sick greedy bastards.

  7. #257
    Thailand Expat
    Pound Hound's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Online
    26-03-2016 @ 09:24 AM
    Location
    Honolulu
    Posts
    1,001
    its as if the guy who wrote that fails to think about the 400-500 years of colonialism. There is not a corner of the globe that white people did not completely overtake indigenous people. he is crying because a white kid gave up his spot at the college of his choice because of affirmative action? talk about perspective... and short term memory...

    and the modern conservative does not really believe in smaller government or a balanced budget.. its just the items they don't like (welfare/food stamps/public education/etc..) the items they do like? keep spending baby!

    Wonderful American Christians... "I saw a preacher one day say... I'm going to drive that Cadillac down there and get it dusty and dirty for Gawd"

  8. #258
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Last Online
    14-09-2014 @ 04:20 PM
    Location
    Bangkok, the City of Angels!
    Posts
    3,071
    Quote Originally Posted by RickThai View Post
    Doesn't anyone have any common sense any more? The US government is borrowing one dollar for every three dollars it spends.

    How can any individual, business, or government continue to operate forever with such a negative cash flow?

    Answer: they can't!

    I've had conversations with "progressives" who try and argue that as long as the economy keep growing, the US can keep producing and keep up with "servicing" its increasing debt.

    My response is that the US can only sustain an economy of a limited size and any further attempts to increase the GDP will only hasten the demise of available resources. Growth simply to accommodate out-of-control spending is both wasteful and a fool's errand.

    Currently the interest on the US debt is about 8% of GDP, and is expected to grow to 40% of GDP by 2025.

    Without sound, conservative fiscal decisions, there will come a time, when no one will loan the US anymore money. Then things will really start to get interesting.

    RickThai
    ^ This would be all fine and nice if it weren't complete bullshit. How about a dose of reality:


    If you're really a fiscal conservative why would you vote Republican?

  9. #259
    Thailand Expat
    billy the kid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Online
    19-11-2016 @ 07:57 PM
    Posts
    7,639
    maybe the only thing left of value
    are all the weapons of mass destruction that are piling up.
    and with a bunch of psycho's in charge.

    who knows what's gonna happen.

  10. #260
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Last Online
    14-09-2014 @ 04:20 PM
    Location
    Bangkok, the City of Angels!
    Posts
    3,071
    Quote Originally Posted by billy the kid View Post
    maybe the only thing left of value
    are all the weapons of mass destruction that are piling up.
    and with a bunch of psycho's in charge.

    who knows what's gonna happen.
    ^ what in the world has that got to do with food stamps?

  11. #261
    Member
    Gilbert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Online
    18-05-2020 @ 03:57 AM
    Posts
    717
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyBKK View Post
    Although certain types love this type of graphic, in real terms who created the debt doesn't really matter. It simply doesn't because the whole system is rigged. The dopey GOPs simple sped up the eventual collapse of the Dollar, but the way things are set up, Oboma is simply kicking the can down the road for a handful of months. This debt will only ever rise; it can never go substantially down. Cripes, he US is still paying off the interest on the money they borrowed for WW1! And they never will.

    Playing this "he did / she did" game is folly. Absolute folly. Allowing Obomba to continue to allow a system to exist that is destroying the US is morally reprehensible. This is why the food stamps are vital now, but now they are going. Get a gun - you'll need it when the looter come around

  12. #262
    Thailand Expat
    billy the kid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Online
    19-11-2016 @ 07:57 PM
    Posts
    7,639
    [QUOTE="TonyBKK"] what in the world has that got to do with food stamps?
    [at]
    someone mentioned never ending debt and for some Americans
    the Gun is the only answer in solving a problem.
    Unless they cut military spending as one poster suggested.
    But that ain't gonna happen innit.

  13. #263
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Last Online
    23-10-2013 @ 10:00 PM
    Posts
    8
    I am worried what Obama politics does to US. US used to be land of hard core market economy - that made US great. Now Obama is copying european social democrat style politics, that has failed europe. Europe is sinking, and it is going to sink to the bottom until there is new beginning. UK is only market economy in europe that is going to survive, Germans sadly are not going to make it - as on BBC they make great pencils, hey that is the brand Germany not the product. They do not make high tech or high demand consumer products. Germany is overpriced and it is the best euro has to offer. Dutch, Finns, Swedes do some competitive products, but they are small economies. And that is all europe has. It is the end with overregulated communist style (with ex and present communists like the great leader) EU leadership. Sad end for once a great continent, or was it. Brought misery to much of world.

  14. #264
    Pronce. PH said so AGAIN!
    slackula's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Behind a slipping mask of sanity in Phuket.
    Posts
    9,093
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilbert
    Absolute folly. Allowing Obomba to continue to allow a system to exist that is destroying the US is morally reprehensible.
    So essentially you would like Obama to radically transform America to change the system?

    Were you making the same demands of past presidents or just now?

  15. #265
    Member
    Gilbert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Online
    18-05-2020 @ 03:57 AM
    Posts
    717
    Quote Originally Posted by quimbian corholla
    So essentially you would like Obama to radically transform America to change the system?

    Were you making the same demands of past presidents or just now?
    Yes and Yes. But none of them would because they are only interested in cronyism. Don't think I am taking a GOP side - they are all SOB's. You think Obomba is the messiah, I think he, and Bush, and CLinton, and Bush, and the future Clinton and all lying toads who care not about the country and the people and are only care about how much more power they can amass for the POTUS position, how much cash they can generate for their paymasters, and how much they will make after they leave office.

    Foodstamps is one of many demonstrations of Obomba failing the people, and allowing his buddies to further remove cash from the poor and giving it to themselves. If he was true to his brand, and his promises, food stamps would be on the decline. Sorry you can not see this though - here, have an Obama button to wear - add it to your collection


  16. #266
    Pronce. PH said so AGAIN!
    slackula's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Behind a slipping mask of sanity in Phuket.
    Posts
    9,093
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilbert
    You think Obomba is the messiah
    Really? That is news to me, thanks for bringing it to my attention though.

    Always entertaining when people tell me what I think.

  17. #267
    Member
    Gilbert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Online
    18-05-2020 @ 03:57 AM
    Posts
    717
    Quote Originally Posted by quimbian corholla View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilbert
    You think Obomba is the messiah
    Really? That is news to me, thanks for bringing it to my attention though.

    Always entertaining when people tell me what I think.
    You seem to think what ever the press advisor for oboma tells the media to tell you what to think. It shines out in most of your posts. Oh, and thanks for the red stamp


  18. #268
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Online
    23-06-2014 @ 11:30 PM
    Posts
    1,235
    Quote Originally Posted by Pound Hound View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RickThai
    “Be nice to white men. One of the besetting sins of many in the progressive and liberal movements is that they have made white men the enemy. In fact, no ethnic group in history gave up so much power so quickly and so peacefully.” From Post Empire Survival Guide by Sam Smith, editor of Progressive Review
    ask an Indian... or a Hawaiian... if you can find one....

    poor, poor whitey.... nuthin' ever goes our way...
    That quote is by the editor of the Progressive Review which is why I use it on my signature line.

    And if you want to ask an Indian (American) just go to any of the hundreds of reservations. As for Hawaiians, all you have to do is go to Hawaii.

    Duh. Have you ever been to the USA?

    Doesn't sound like it.

    RickThai

  19. #269
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Online
    23-06-2014 @ 11:30 PM
    Posts
    1,235
    Quote Originally Posted by Pound Hound View Post
    its as if the guy who wrote that fails to think about the 400-500 years of colonialism. There is not a corner of the globe that white people did not completely overtake indigenous people. he is crying because a white kid gave up his spot at the college of his choice because of affirmative action? talk about perspective... and short term memory...

    and the modern conservative does not really believe in smaller government or a balanced budget.. its just the items they don't like (welfare/food stamps/public education/etc..) the items they do like? keep spending baby!

    Wonderful American Christians... "I saw a preacher one day say... I'm going to drive that Cadillac down there and get it dusty and dirty for Gawd"
    Yes, Caucasion colonialism ... ever wonder what happened to the people that were in North America before the AmerIndians arrived? Of course not, because they were all exterminated by the AmerIndians when they crossed the Siberian land bridge!

    Ever stop to think what would have happened if 13th century feudal Japan had "discovered" the Americas"

    My guess the AmeriIndians would have suffered the same fate as their predecessors.

    So try pedaling your apologist whingeing someplace else.

    RickThai

  20. #270
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Online
    23-06-2014 @ 11:30 PM
    Posts
    1,235
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilbert View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by quimbian corholla
    So essentially you would like Obama to radically transform America to change the system?

    Were you making the same demands of past presidents or just now?
    Yes and Yes. But none of them would because they are only interested in cronyism. Don't think I am taking a GOP side - they are all SOB's. You think Obomba is the messiah, I think he, and Bush, and CLinton, and Bush, and the future Clinton and all lying toads who care not about the country and the people and are only care about how much more power they can amass for the POTUS position, how much cash they can generate for their paymasters, and how much they will make after they leave office.

    Foodstamps is one of many demonstrations of Obomba failing the people, and allowing his buddies to further remove cash from the poor and giving it to themselves. If he was true to his brand, and his promises, food stamps would be on the decline. Sorry you can not see this though - here, have an Obama button to wear - add it to your collection

    Gilbert,

    Please don't upset the "progressives" by bringing up facts that their Negro President is just as big a self-serving idiot as all the Caucasian Presidents.

    They still "believe" as in "Change you can believe in."

    RickThai

  21. #271
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Last Online
    14-09-2014 @ 04:20 PM
    Location
    Bangkok, the City of Angels!
    Posts
    3,071
    Funny how some try to paint the political parties in the US with the same brush. The debate over food stamps is a perfect example of the stark difference between Democrats and Republicans.

    These deluded fools seem to forget that the Republican controlled House passed harsh cuts to the Food Stamp program with zero Democratic votes.

    The American Taliban GOP won't kill food aid to poor Americans without a fight, as the Democrats control the Senate and the White House and President Obama has promised to veto any farm bill that includes GOP level cuts to the Food Stamp program.

    The Republicans WAR ON THE POOR continues-

    GOP Picks Anti-Food Stamp Crusader to Determine Future of Food Stamps



    Shutting down the government and threatening a default in an attempt to block poor people from getting health insurance isn't the only thing House Republicans did over the past two weeks. They also continued their push to defund food stamps.
    It went unnoticed amidst the debt ceiling fight, but last weekend, Democratic and Republican leaders in the House selected the lawmakers that will negotiate with the Senate to hammer out a final version of the farm bill, the massive bill that funds agriculture and nutrition programs. The main stumbling block for months has been how much money the bill should devote to food stamps; the House wants to strip $39 billion from the program, and the Senate wants to cut just $4 billion. The fact that Republicans in the House named one of the most anti-food stamp members of Congress to the committee that will decide the future of food stamps does not bode well for the program.


    Read more: GOP Picks Anti-Food Stamp Crusader to Determine Future of Food Stamps | Mother Jones
    Last edited by TonyBKK; 24-10-2013 at 10:22 AM.

  22. #272
    I don't know barbaro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    on pacific ocean, south america
    Posts
    21,406
    ^ The Food Stamp issue is about another Entitlement that can help win some votes.

  23. #273
    Thailand Expat
    kmart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:52 AM
    Location
    Rayong.
    Posts
    11,425
    Quote Originally Posted by RickThai View Post
    Doesn't anyone have any common sense any more? The US government is borrowing one dollar for every three dollars it spends.

    How can any individual, business, or government continue to operate forever with such a negative cash flow?

    Answer: they can't!

    I've had conversations with "progressives" who try and argue that as long as the economy keep growing, the US can keep producing and keep up with "servicing" its increasing debt.

    My response is that the US can only sustain an economy of a limited size and any further attempts to increase the GDP will only hasten the demise of available resources. Growth simply to accommodate out-of-control spending is both wasteful and a fool's errand.

    Currently the interest on the US debt is about 8% of GDP, and is expected to grow to 40% of GDP by 2025.

    Without sound, conservative fiscal decisions, there will come a time, when no one will loan the US anymore money. Then things will really start to get interesting.

    RickThai
    This is worth a watch:


  24. #274
    Thailand Expat

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Last Online
    14-09-2014 @ 04:20 PM
    Location
    Bangkok, the City of Angels!
    Posts
    3,071
    Quote Originally Posted by barbaro View Post
    ^ The Food Stamp issue is about another Entitlement that can help win some votes.
    If you want to help get people off food stamps how about supporting an increase in the minimum wage?

    Millions of Americans are living in poverty while working full time minimum wage jobs. They qualify for all kinds of aid. Do you know how many of your tax dollars go to support minimum wage workers in the US?

    Isn't it odd that the Republicans hate food stamps yet block every attempt to raise the minimum wage?

  25. #275
    Member
    Gilbert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Last Online
    18-05-2020 @ 03:57 AM
    Posts
    717
    Obomba has enough cash to launch a war, after all, so surely enough money to help the poor. No? oh. dang!

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •